Author Topic: Xbox  (Read 307691 times)

Offline Hedley Lamarr

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Xbox
« Reply #6120 on: June 9, 2023, 09:18:03 am »
If i want to play Call of Duty online (Warzone/DMZ/Multiplayer) Do I need xbox live (or gamespass)?
No for Warzone, yes for the others.  Gold is £6.99 a month and gives you multiplayer access, Gamepass Ultimate is £10.99 it includes Gold and access to the gamepass library on both Xbox and PC.

Offline KillieRed

• Jaro a.k.a. goatjumpingqueuefucker
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
« Reply #6121 on: June 9, 2023, 11:02:23 am »
Anyone else having issues inviting others to parties or games? Several of my gaming friends only have greyed-out options.

The best way to scare a Tory is to read and get rich” - Idles.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6122 on: June 9, 2023, 01:08:59 pm »
They’ve really been hyping up the Xbox showcase on Sunday. Should be a good watch, worst case we’ll have 30 mins of Starfield.

They'd better be announcing imminent game pass releases, apart from Jedi they've not released much that was decent this year.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Online Malaysian Kopite

• Feels shivers when he looks a Trquarista's...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6123 on: June 11, 2023, 05:59:20 pm »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qGtYn7DCIYo

4K link, kicking off in a bit.
Football without fans is nothing.

We've won 18 titles, 5 European Cups, 7 FA Cups, but today must be the greatest victory of all.

Online gerrardisgod

• has all his sisters with him.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Anal Dirge Prat
« Reply #6124 on: June 11, 2023, 07:36:10 pm »
I’m sure I say this every time there’s one of these events, but why does gaming have to be so serious? There was barely any joy, whimsy…hell even some colour in them games. They all have the same dark look, with similar overbearing serious music.

Only one that stood out for me just for being different was the climbing game. Fable too, I guess, but that was just cinematic.

Them expansion pass segments for live service games, I swear, are the same every year too.
AHA!

Offline Armand9

• Legacy Fan
    • http://armand9.deviantart.com/
« Reply #6125 on: June 11, 2023, 07:49:50 pm »
somewhat leftfield but apart from the Persona offshoot, was every protagonist in narrative driven titles female? can't recall one dude
Losing your only chance of silverware this season to your city rival. At home. With the most expensive squad ever assembled.

Have that, you arrogant wanker. CarraG238

Online Malaysian Kopite

• Feels shivers when he looks a Trquarista's...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6126 on: June 11, 2023, 07:57:46 pm »
It was alright, had the same issues as the PS one where there simply wasn't enough gameplay other than Starfield. The Star Wars game, the Capcom game and all the Sega ones look good as well.
Football without fans is nothing.

We've won 18 titles, 5 European Cups, 7 FA Cups, but today must be the greatest victory of all.

Offline GiorgosCarraGoonies

• Kopite
« Reply #6127 on: June 11, 2023, 08:03:23 pm »
I enjoyed that.  Wanted more gameplay and more release dates but it was arguably better than the PS Showcase (which I thought was better than a lot of others seemed to)

Offline Armand9

• Legacy Fan
    • http://armand9.deviantart.com/
« Reply #6128 on: June 11, 2023, 08:20:08 pm »
Starfield is the only one im genuinely excited about and didn't feel like a paste and copy game that i've seen a million times and a game i've hoped for probably the majority of my gaming life (from Elite onwards i guess in that regard) but it's Bethseda and i lost confidence in them to deliver many many moons ago

would love to be proved wrong, but i see it ending up being disappointing at best (eg the various intriguing elements will be much shallower than hoped for) and clusterfuck is defo a possibility

if they actually pull if off it'll be a seminal game and i'll be very happy to eat a huge slice of humble pie
« Last Edit: June 11, 2023, 08:27:55 pm by Armand9 »
Losing your only chance of silverware this season to your city rival. At home. With the most expensive squad ever assembled.

Have that, you arrogant wanker. CarraG238

Offline naYoRHa2b

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6129 on: June 11, 2023, 08:41:33 pm »
I'd of rather seen more gameplay for Fable than Ricard Ayoade waffling about vegetables. Avowed wasn't what I was expecting either. Starfield looks to have a lot of depth to the customisation and exploration but i'm not sure I have the energy for skyrim meets no man's sky in 2023.

Offline ScottScott

• Thugby...It's just not rugger old chap!!!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6130 on: June 12, 2023, 03:28:18 pm »
I thought that was one of the best showcases from any of the big 3 in years. Xbox have been lacking these last few years and have dropped the ball a couple of times already in this generation but that was refreshing and showed some really good stuff

Personal highlights for me are Starfield and Forza Motorsport. Both out this year as well. Cities Skylines 2 as well will be played to death. Then you've got Fable and Avowed as the next 2 big hitters alongside Hellblade 2, South of Midnight and Clockwork Revolution all looking really, really promising

Seems there's loads for the JRPG fans as well (a genre that does absolutely nothing for me) and some other interesting titles as well

The main draw is Starfield though, I mean, wow. What they showed in the Starfield direct looks unreal. The scope of this game is like nothing I've ever seen before and I can't wait for it

Online Scottymuser

• Has many leather bound books (about football), and his home smells of rich mahogany. Bow to his superior knowledge of central defenders.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6131 on: July 4, 2023, 06:34:27 pm »
I thought that was one of the best showcases from any of the big 3 in years. Xbox have been lacking these last few years and have dropped the ball a couple of times already in this generation but that was refreshing and showed some really good stuff

Personal highlights for me are Starfield and Forza Motorsport. Both out this year as well. Cities Skylines 2 as well will be played to death. Then you've got Fable and Avowed as the next 2 big hitters alongside Hellblade 2, South of Midnight and Clockwork Revolution all looking really, really promising

Seems there's loads for the JRPG fans as well (a genre that does absolutely nothing for me) and some other interesting titles as well

The main draw is Starfield though, I mean, wow. What they showed in the Starfield direct looks unreal. The scope of this game is like nothing I've ever seen before and I can't wait for it

That was no better, or worse, than Sony, other than Starfield, which was a "different" (separate) conference.  Avowed looked average ta best (the Phantom Blade 0 on the Sony presser looked way way better), Hellblade 1 was alright (but didn't need a sequel), Racing games are, for me, boring (but better I suppose then the GT movie trailer, which was lol).  There was some JRPG, but less interesting than the Sony ones I thought (the best was the Yakuza one, a previously Sony exclusive series, which will be out on every single platform).

I am still sceptical about Starfield with it being Bethesda - I hope I am wrong, but I fully expect it to be a buggy mess on launch.

As for "best in a number of years" - that is laughable - just 2 years ago, Sony had GOW Ragnarok, Insomniacs Wolverine, Spiderman 2 announcement, KOTOR remake, Stray, Deathloop, a bunch of remasters of PS3/PS4 games (Uncharted, Last of us) coming to PC, Gran Turismo 7 as well as a bunch of other indies and multiplats - I'd argue that was a stronger conference, albeit not "massively".  Or  Sony's 2020 (pandemic) showcase had the full unvealing of the PS5, then details around Spiderman Miles Morales, H:Forbidden West, Resident 8 revealed for the first time, Yakuza Like a Dragon, Ratchet and Clank, Demon's Souls remake, Sackboy, Returnal, Astro's playroom, Bugsnax, Kena Bridge of Spirits, a teaster announcement on Stray (which was then expanded in the 2021 one), a bunch of big multi plats (like Hitman 3, Ghostwire Tokyo, Godfall, a new Oddworld game), a few indies.  To compare this MS to that one is laughable IMO, that sony one blew *everyone* away.

Online Scottymuser

• Has many leather bound books (about football), and his home smells of rich mahogany. Bow to his superior knowledge of central defenders.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6132 on: July 4, 2023, 06:37:45 pm »
I'd of rather seen more gameplay for Fable than Ricard Ayoade waffling about vegetables. Avowed wasn't what I was expecting either. Starfield looks to have a lot of depth to the customisation and exploration but i'm not sure I have the energy for skyrim meets no man's sky in 2023.

Fable they probably have little actual game play yet - I know some people are saying Q4 next year (mainly as the last Fable game came out in October), but I think that could be a little ambitious (I do think if they were aiming for that, we'd have seen "2024") so it would not surprise me in the least if it does slip to 2025.  I think with games getting bigger, it is getting harder to do a small vertical slice to show off game play 15-18+ months in advance, so we are seeing more games with little gameplay in general unless it is a sequel or whatnot to something they can borrow the engine/assets from

Offline ScottScott

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6133 on: July 12, 2023, 08:46:55 am »
The FTC has lost it's case against the Microsoft ABK deal. The CMA have backtracked as well. This will be done by Friday I'd imagine (or early next week at the latest)

Online AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6134 on: July 12, 2023, 02:34:40 pm »
The FTC has lost it's case against the Microsoft ABK deal. The CMA have backtracked as well. This will be done by Friday I'd imagine (or early next week at the latest)

A bit of optimistic thinking on your behalf, no?

The FTC are putting an appeal in and the CMA have said they will work with Microsoft for solutions but it is far from done.

Offline ScottScott

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6135 on: July 12, 2023, 02:40:13 pm »
The FTC have no chance. They've fucked whatever chance they had and that was miniscule anyway. They weren't arguing about the deal being bad for the consumer (because they couldn't), they were arguing the deal was bad for Sony, the current market leader

And the CMA have already come crawling down from their initial position. I think they would have expected the EU and FTC to block it and now they're the only one who has, they'll come down and accept some minor concessions which will do nothing. They'll close the deal over the CMA IMO

Offline Flaccido Dongingo

• A Daily Mail plant. Don’t swing at the king!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6136 on: July 12, 2023, 06:33:29 pm »

The FTC are putting an appeal in and the CMA have said they will work with Microsoft for solutions but it is far from done.
Little Lord PlayStation has entered the chat.

Offline naYoRHa2b

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6137 on: July 12, 2023, 06:57:57 pm »
I mean the CMA are open to remedies with the concerns around cloud gaming. The FTC rarely win cases but at worst all an appeal does in delay the process.

On top of that if the deal fails to close in a week, then MS pay Activision 3 billion either way. What MS could do is split the subsidiaries up so Call of duty doesn't operate in the UK or on Gamepass.

Ultimately If you are simping for a 2 trillion dollar company then more fool you
It's nobody elses fault but their own why they've failed to lead the market despite heavy investment. Poor mismanagement top to bottom

Offline Skeeve

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6138 on: July 12, 2023, 09:05:23 pm »

In order for an appeal to even be granted, don't they have to produce an entirely new reason after their first was thrown out, albeit that could be a blessing in disguise for them since they will have to diverge from the 'aaww, won't somebody think of the poor, market-leading corporation' argument they lost with this time?

Offline ScottScott

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6139 on: July 13, 2023, 09:01:22 am »
Little Lord PlayStation has entered the chat.

:lmao :lmao :lmao

Online AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6140 on: July 13, 2023, 05:13:40 pm »
Xbox nerds slapping each others arses in here over the acquisition haha.

Offline Skeeve

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6141 on: July 14, 2023, 01:31:45 am »
Xbox nerds slapping each others arses in here over the acquisition haha.

Seems more like they are mocking a troll.

Online AndyMuller

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6142 on: July 14, 2023, 05:16:00 am »
Seems more like they are mocking a troll.

Bore off Skeeve.

Offline ScouserAtHeart

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pissing Manc "fans" off since 1999.
« Reply #6143 on: September 19, 2023, 07:41:20 pm »
Leaked documents from Microsoft show they're planning for a 2024 refresh of the current gen consoles

Looks like even the Series X will be all-digital. I haven't bought a physical game in a while but I'm sure there are people who prefer buying them who aren't gonna like this
"Jürgen Klopp is bringing Liverpool's 'fuck you' back. And I can't wait."

Offline Hedley Lamarr

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6144 on: September 22, 2023, 08:34:00 am »
CMA are set to approve the Activision Blizzard deal after the revised deal addressed it's concerns.

Offline ScottScott

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6145 on: October 13, 2023, 02:26:56 pm »
Microsoft have confirmed the purchase of Activision Blizzard King. It's finally over, thank god

Games should be being added to Game Pass over the coming months with the latest big releases such as Diablo IV and MW3 coming some time next year

Looking forward to having the likes of Crash, Spyro, Tony Hawk on GP

Offline Flaccido Dongingo

• A Daily Mail plant. Don’t swing at the king!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6146 on: October 13, 2023, 03:10:59 pm »
Microsoft have confirmed the purchase of Activision Blizzard King. It's finally over, thank god

Games should be being added to Game Pass over the coming months with the latest big releases such as Diablo IV and MW3 coming some time next year

Looking forward to having the likes of Crash, Spyro, Tony Hawk on GP
I'm slightly ambivalent long term about this, Call of Duty will be exclusive in the future, there'll be Xbox exclusivity for Call of Duty content etc, no matter what way you look at it, it's still the biggest game franchise in the business.

Short term I'm happy, simply because it will bring more games to Gamepass, but what studios/publishers are they going to go after next, Ubisoft?, EA?, in ten years you could be looking at Microsoft and Tencent, then Nintendo behind them.

My PS5 is basically mothballed at this point, and the price rise to PS Plus just makes it harder for me to start using the system again, whereas Gamepass just gets better value all the time.

Offline ScottScott

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6147 on: January 19, 2024, 08:22:13 am »
Developer Direct was last night. Showed 5 games: Hellblade 2, Avowed, Ara: History Untold, Visions of Mana and Indiana Jones. All releasing this year

Hellblade looks phenomenal, a true showcase of what these new consoles can deliver. Avowed looks much better than the last time it was shown and despite it not being the type of game I usually go for it looks like people should have a great game there. Indy looks great as well. Was curious to see how they'd do it and 1st person with 3rd person for cutscenes and traversal looks like a good way to get the best of what Machine Games is best at and being able to see what everyone wants and that's Indiana Jones

Last year was a great year for games and it looks like 2024 will be the same

Offline Zlen

• Suspicious of systems. But getting lots.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6148 on: January 19, 2024, 08:46:15 am »
I've never owned an Xbox prior to this gen, but after few years now with my Series S - got to say, prefer the Xbox ecosystem much more to Playstations I owned before. First of all, Series S is an inredibly well designed console that delivers a lot of power for such small price and format. PS5 is the ugliest thing designed by man, it should be studied for generations in schools for it's sheer disgusting factor. Controllers are great, even the basic one is good - the Elite series I have is godly. The Gamepass is good value, though I haven't played a single game on it becaus I'm a dinosaur that only feels comfortable playing games I own for some reason. Game sales - great, plenty really good offers.

If I figure out where to put it, I'll probably upgrade to Series X later.