Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10
Liverpool FC Forum / Re: Darwin Núñez (Darwin Gabriel Núñez Ribeiro)
« Last post by Knight on Today at 11:34:44 am »
There’s no point lads. People have decided that a forward is only good enough for us if he scores 20 league goals (note how many posters refer to this number) so no amount of patient explanation that his numbers are already really good is going to actually help.
Ticket and Travel Info / Re: Members Sales
« Last post by swoopy on Today at 11:33:58 am »
If someone buys a credit seat in this 3+ sale can it be forwarded to me and I’d keep the credit? I’m on 2+ just worried I won’t get a credit in tomorrow’s sale.

No. Seats bought now can't be forwarded on.
Ticket and Travel Info / Re: Members Sales
« Last post by JAYLFC0903 on Today at 11:32:50 am »
If someone buys a credit seat in this 3+ sale can it be forwarded to me and I’d keep the credit? I’m on 2+ just worried I won’t get a credit in tomorrow’s sale.
Liverpool FC Forum / Re: Darwin Núñez (Darwin Gabriel Núñez Ribeiro)
« Last post by Eeyore on Today at 11:32:31 am »
On the whole I said. Strikers are going to score past goalkeepers and defences. DCL scored past Alisson last week, he hasn't been able to hit a barn door since Ancelotti was there.

Over nearly 2 seasons he's been up against better defences, better teams and better goalkeepers most weeks. I'm not sure that is up for debate unless you think the Portuguese league is closer in quality to the football here than it really is.

So you are comparing him to Suarez who scored 49 in 48 for Ajax. Took a while to adjust to the Premier League in a team that was set up to play to Carroll's strengths. Whilst that was happening he continued his good form for his Country. At the start of his Liverpool career, he was taking 15 shots to score a goal. Spookilly his first couple of seasons resembled his own version of the wood work challenge.

Suarez matured and improved his finishing dramatically as the team was built around him. He then changed from a player who was being described as a poor finisher to someone who tore up the Premier League and La Liga.

Is that what you mean?

I could see there being some truth to that. Another CB will likely be targeted. Quansah was ahead of him in the CB pecking order. Klopp has largely viewed him as a defensive version of Milner that he can plug in to different roles. Perhaps he's considering factors like family and his England position.

That said, he shouldn't be allowed to leave for cheap. Plenty of time left on his deal. Homegrown. A player that can play anywhere in defence.
Liverpool FC Forum / Re: Trent Alexander-Arnold
« Last post by JackWard33 on Today at 11:28:28 am »
I wouldn't call Trent's long-range passes 'speculative'. Slot probably hasn't had a player with that passing accuracy before. Also Trent is a clever lad, I'm sure he can adapt.

It's really speculative ...

He completes 48% of his long passes (per fbref) .. and he attempts 21 of them a game which is insanely high. 
(For context Virgil hits 9 a game and completes 73% of them)

So half the time .. or 10 times a game.. he's giving up possession - that's as speculative as it gets at the top level
Worth noting its going to be at least partly under instruction to move the ball forward quickly through him .. but his decision making isn't great and/or we've dialled up how what we're expecting him to do too far
So you'd give another season (25/26) based on his actual numbers and not underlying? So you're happy with 18 goals, 11 in the prem? That was my question. Yes with the same minutes played.

Maybe the misunderstanding was that I literally assumed you wouldn't be happy with these numbers alone but with those + the same promising underlying numbers together. Now you tell me its nothing to do with them. Fine.

You consider it a high rate of return. Others would consider it not good enough. I was merely trying to understand where you stood and why.

Again, you are ignoring the most important stat, looking at those goals in the context of how many minutes he played (and therefore coming up with a Mins per non-Pen Goal, and per involvement).  Doing that, as I explained yesterday, leaves him in good stead - goal every 185 mins, goal involvement every 105.  And thats with this month of 5 games *ruining* his stats - before these 5 games, he was on a goal every 158 mins, and a goal involvement every 97.  Thats *great* - across 2700 mins (80% of mins, which you would usually have a striker play) that would be 17 goals and 11 assists - NOT 11.

Quick question - do you think Owen (for us) was a world class striker?  As he never got less than a (non-pen) goal or assist every 111 mins (i.e. Nunezs numbers are already better than Owen at his peak for actual production); and 4 of his 7 full seasons with us he had a non-pen Goal of every 167 mins or worse (i.e. worse than Nunez was at before the United game on the 7th). 
News and Current Affairs / Re: Sexual Abuser Donald Trump Indicted
« Last post by KillieRed on Today at 11:24:50 am »

“Dozy Don” for the double whammy. Or does that not translate?
Liverpool FC Forum / Re: Trent Alexander-Arnold
« Last post by mrantarctica on Today at 11:20:30 am »
If we didn't have Bradley then I'd advocate that Trent remain at right back but Bradley has been a revelation and it's clear Trent wants to play in the midfield. Trent has been running the game at right back it's now time to run the game from the centre of the pitch.

Put him alongside a warrior DM, Macca in front of those 2 and could be a good pivot midfield
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10