Author Topic: THE NON-LIVERPOOL TRANSFER THREAD  (Read 1740230 times)

Online newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: THE NON-LIVERPOOL TRANSFER THREAD
« Reply #16600 on: June 6, 2023, 03:30:15 pm »
You’re safe in a tyrannical regime until they decide you’re not
It’s genuinely incredible that modern day people are so utterly credulous as to think that giving up freedom of expression is fine if there’s a nice gated compound
And it’s fcuking disgusting that people will excuse and even endorse barbarous murderous regimes if they give someone they know a job

I mean this is all true.

But have you heard that there is crime in ... other parts of the world? So that's really scary and a good reason to trust the regime instead.

Offline A Red Abroad

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We had dreams and songs to sing
« Reply #16601 on: June 6, 2023, 03:32:22 pm »
It’s genuinely incredible that modern day people are so utterly credulous as to think that giving up freedom of expression is fine if there’s a nice gated compound
And it’s fcuking disgusting that people will excuse and even endorse barbarous murderous regimes if they give someone they know a job

:thumbup
My marmoset, to get things done,
You fell in Loch Ness with Major Tom.

Offline Henry Gale

• Margot Robbie Stalker
  • Legacy Fan
  • My name is Henry Gale. I'm from Minnesota.
« Reply #16602 on: June 6, 2023, 03:38:52 pm »

Giving up freedoms? I live in the Uk and I've never posted anything negative on social media about the royal family or the gov! It may be hard for you to understand that not everyone wakes us everyday and thinks of shite to post online. I'm much happier that my nephews are been raised in a place with virtually zero crime.

Offline JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • President of the Harry Wilson fanclub
« Reply #16603 on: June 6, 2023, 03:41:53 pm »
Giving up freedoms? I live in the Uk and I've never posted anything negative on social media about the royal family or the gov! It may be hard for you to understand that not everyone wakes us everyday and thinks of shite to post online. I'm much happier that my nephews are been raised in a place with virtually zero crime.

Thanks for underlining my point for me

Offline A Red Abroad

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16604 on: June 6, 2023, 03:50:52 pm »

Best hope they're not gay, eh? ;)

Offline ScottScott

• Thugby...It's just not rugger old chap!!!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16605 on: June 6, 2023, 03:53:58 pm »

Was going to say the same thing, best hope they don't grow up fancying other boys otherwise they'll be stoned to death

Offline A Red Abroad

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16606 on: June 6, 2023, 04:05:44 pm »
Was going to say the same thing, best hope they don't grow up fancying other boys otherwise they'll be stoned to death

;)

Offline Henry Gale

• Margot Robbie Stalker
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16607 on: June 6, 2023, 04:09:16 pm »

Well they lived briefly in Jamaica so they are used to those kind of laws  :wave

Offline A Red Abroad

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16608 on: June 6, 2023, 04:12:30 pm »
Well they lived briefly in Jamaica so they are used to those kind of laws  :wave

Huh!?

Strange reply mate.

(If someone is gay, they're gay - laws won't alter that).

Offline Henry Gale

• Margot Robbie Stalker
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16609 on: June 6, 2023, 04:18:54 pm »
Huh!?

Strange reply mate.

(If someone is gay, they're gay - laws won't alter that).

To be honest discussing a 7 year olds sexuality online is fucking strange so I will leave it there.

Offline Jayo10

• Kopite
« Reply #16610 on: June 6, 2023, 04:25:54 pm »
Some absolute shite on this thread

Offline Kalito

• Legacy Fan
  • ***JFT97***
« Reply #16611 on: June 6, 2023, 04:29:44 pm »
FFS....
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us." - Mr Bill Shankly

"be careful of media, they can make you hate the oppressed and love the oppressors." - Malcolm X

The notion that an Occupier is defending itself is as absurd as the notion that the rapist is defending itself from the victim.

Offline Knight

• No one understands football like me.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #16612 on: June 6, 2023, 05:00:28 pm »

The idea that we have freedom of expression over here is naive for you Jack. There are certain things you could tweet over here which would have consequences too. Perhaps with a police visit, perhaps with people trying to get you sacked from your job. I'm all for defending freedom of expression but our inability to actually defend freedom of expression in the UK, whether it be on the left or the right, doesn't reveal a shining light of free expression.
« Last Edit: June 6, 2023, 05:02:05 pm by Knight »

Offline JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16613 on: June 6, 2023, 05:01:49 pm »
The idea that we have freedom of expression over here is naive for you Jack. There are certain things you could tweet over here which would have consequences too. Perhaps with a police visit, perhaps with people trying to get you sacked from your job.

There’s no equivalence here to 30 years in jail for a tweet and being hacked apart with a bone saw for writing a column now is there?

And it’s not just a question of degree … we have rights that even expressing a desire to have let alone actually doing are criminal offenses that can get you imprisoned, tortured or killed in Saudi

Honestly even debating this stuff is nauseating given how self evident the difference between an autocratic regime and a western democracy should be to people lucky enough to live in the latter
« Last Edit: June 6, 2023, 05:03:57 pm by JackWard33 »

Offline Knight

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #16614 on: June 6, 2023, 05:02:40 pm »
There’s no equivalence here to 30 years in jail for a tweet and being hacked apart with a bone saw for writing a column now is there?

No, the consequences are much more severe. That is absolutely true.

Offline JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16615 on: June 6, 2023, 05:04:20 pm »
No, the consequences are much more severe. That is absolutely true.

See my edited post it’s not just a question of degree

Online Peabee

• SKPB! Is goin' down der Asd.....der Waitrose.....anyone wannany hummus?
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16616 on: June 6, 2023, 05:15:43 pm »
The idea that we have freedom of expression over here is naive for you Jack. There are certain things you could tweet over here which would have consequences too. Perhaps with a police visit, perhaps with people trying to get you sacked from your job. I'm all for defending freedom of expression but our inability to actually defend freedom of expression in the UK, whether it be on the left or the right, doesn't reveal a shining light of free expression.

Freedom of expression doesn't mean you're free of all consequences of your expression, e.g. if it's hate speech, death threats, or like the idiot with the Hillsborough reference on his shirt etc. But you don't (yet) get arrested for criticising the govt in this country (I'd have been arrested 1000s of times if so).
We aren't walking through the storm now - we are the storm.

Offline Knight

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #16617 on: June 6, 2023, 06:03:14 pm »
Won’t derail the thread anymore and apologies for doing so. I shouldn’t have gone where I went given the context but I was thinking of something like this which airs the issues we have with freedom of expression in the UK. That said, undoubtedly the wrong context to raise it. Thanks for the polite engagement. https://twitter.com/stillgray/status/1666086245309743105?s=21&t=_X3Zd67CpgNY3bY3cIuZxw

… so how much will Levy demand for Kane?

Offline Kennys from heaven

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "NOBODY expects the Spanish Inquisition!"
« Reply #16618 on: June 6, 2023, 08:37:14 pm »
Chelsea in for Veiga now.
If he goes there given their bloated squad, the utterly laughable lack of structure and what will be limited game time, then it will purely be because of the money and we'll have dodged a bullet.

No half decent player who wants to actually play and be part of something proper would ever go there, but that's me being rather idealistic and looking at it from a wayy different perspective than what actually happens in this game nowadays...
The most important people at Liverpool Football Club are the people who want to be here

Offline Knight

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #16619 on: June 6, 2023, 08:41:01 pm »
If he goes there given their bloated squad, the utterly laughable lack of structure and what will be limited game time, then it will purely be because of the money and we'll have dodged a bullet.

No half decent player who wants to actually play and be part of something proper would ever go there, but that's me being rather idealistic and looking at it from a wayy different perspective than what actually happens in this game nowadays...

I don't think it is, money is obviously important but the stability of the club and the likelihood of genuine career success and improvement as a player do matter and should matter. If Chelsea is your only option for a move then fair enough but if there are other options on the table no one should be going to Chelsea right now. That could change and Poch has a chance of making them a functioning team again but at the moment it's a huge risk.

Offline koptommy93

• Legacy Fan
  • @tharris113
« Reply #16620 on: June 6, 2023, 09:24:27 pm »
Wilfried Zaha has been offered €45m to join Ronaldo’s Saudi side Al-Nassr on a 3-year-deal. 🇸🇦

✍️
@SkySportsNews
I for one welcome our new insect overloads

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #16621 on: June 6, 2023, 09:28:32 pm »
Wilfried Zaha has been offered €45m to join Ronaldo’s Saudi side Al-Nassr on a 3-year-deal. 🇸🇦

✍️
@SkySportsNews

Seems good value.

Online DelTrotter

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #16622 on: June 6, 2023, 09:29:31 pm »
Kante getting 100m euros per year, a past prime defensive midfielder who's never fit, ridiculous.

Offline koptommy93

• Legacy Fan
  • @tharris113
« Reply #16623 on: June 6, 2023, 09:31:35 pm »
Kante getting 100m euros per year, a past prime defensive midfielder who's never fit, ridiculous.
The saudi's seem intent on just buying sport altogether. Why they've waited until now to try it I've no idea.

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16624 on: June 6, 2023, 09:32:07 pm »

Still expect him to be fit when we meet them in the Club World Cup in a couple of years.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
« Reply #16625 on: June 6, 2023, 10:05:59 pm »

✍️
@SkySportsNews

:lmao :lmao :lmao
Proud follower of the city's junior, and far more successful footballing side

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

19 League Titles, 6 European Cups, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 10 League Cups, 4 European Super Cups, World Champions 2019. We live the dream.

Offline koptommy93

• Legacy Fan
  • @tharris113
« Reply #16626 on: June 6, 2023, 11:09:43 pm »
Let all the pricks who want to fuck off to that league as far as i'm concerned. Will gladly see anyone who is interested in that leave including any liverpool players.

Offline Bread

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #16627 on: June 6, 2023, 11:45:35 pm »

✍️
@SkySportsNews

The very definition of "oh, he'll get his big move this summer! OK, not this summer but definitely next summer. Ok, it'll definitely be the summer after. He's too good for Palace, he'll definitely get a move to a big club soon. Oh, he signed a new contract? Must be a decent release clause so he can get his big move. He'll spend one more year at Palace, and then move on to a big club. He should have moved on 5 years ago, but he'll get his big move soon before it's too late"

And now he's nearly 31, and ousted as Palace's key player by Eze.

Offline stewy17

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16628 on: June 7, 2023, 01:28:33 am »
The saudi's seem intent on just buying sport altogether. Why they've waited until now to try it I've no idea.

It turns my stomach.

Messi will 100% go too.

Offline Gifted Right Foot

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16629 on: June 7, 2023, 02:01:16 am »
I can't believe we'll finally be able to play Chelsea without Kante or Kovacic playing their best games of the season.

Offline Wullie160975

• Oor Wullie! Your Wullie! A'body's Wullie!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16630 on: June 7, 2023, 08:32:02 am »
Surely the Saudi push for players is all for the World Cup bid (with a side of 'because they can').

Offline BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #16631 on: June 7, 2023, 08:40:45 am »
Surely the Saudi push for players is all for the World Cup bid (with a side of 'because they can').

They fail to understand that there's still a majority of people who follow clubs and not players.
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Offline Too early for flapjacks?

• It is? Hmm. How about a Groundhog steak? No? Damn. Thinks James Milner has the perfect body.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16632 on: June 7, 2023, 09:28:53 am »
The wealthy Gulf countries like Bahrain, Kuwait, Oman, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, and the UAE regions, should look to create the "Gulf Super League" with a few teams from each area. Would be a far superior product than any dometic league and generate far more interest locally and abroad.

Online Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #16633 on: June 7, 2023, 09:38:57 am »
They fail to understand that there's still a majority of people who follow clubs and not players.

It’s not in the same sportswashing league but it’s why despite liking cricket I’ve never really got into the IPL. I don’t know who plays for who’s team, they’ve tried to build up affiliations etc but I just can’t be bothered getting into it.

They’ll buy all these (mainly ageing) players but will anyone care? Will anyone watch it? On the flip side, I don’t suppose you can blame someone like Zaha if those stories are to be believed. He’s always linked with moves away. He’s coming toward the final years of his career and he now has a literally stupid offer. He won’t ever win anything at Palace. He’s probably missed the boat of joining a Champions League side or a team capable of competing for the big trophies.Couple of years playing there with no pressure and he’s made for life (I know he probably was already). It’s shit, but you can see how some heads are turned.

Online Chris~

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #16634 on: June 7, 2023, 10:01:44 am »
It’s not in the same sportswashing league but it’s why despite liking cricket I’ve never really got into the IPL. I don’t know who plays for who’s team, they’ve tried to build up affiliations etc but I just can’t be bothered getting into it.

They’ll buy all these (mainly ageing) players but will anyone care? Will anyone watch it? On the flip side, I don’t suppose you can blame someone like Zaha if those stories are to be believed. He’s always linked with moves away. He’s coming toward the final years of his career and he now has a literally stupid offer. He won’t ever win anything at Palace. He’s probably missed the boat of joining a Champions League side or a team capable of competing for the big trophies.Couple of years playing there with no pressure and he’s made for life (I know he probably was already). It’s shit, but you can see how some heads are turned.
Don't think the end game is getting their league more viewers, but a World Cup, Champions League finals (or more games in general, club world cup?) etc. hosted there.
« Last Edit: June 7, 2023, 10:03:22 am by Chris~ »

Offline disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
« Reply #16635 on: June 7, 2023, 10:39:45 am »
I can't believe we'll finally be able to play Chelsea without Kante or Kovacic playing their best games of the season.

Is Kovacic still going to City? Will be a good signing that, I think he'd fit us well but he'd would have had to have been a third signing coming in behind a couple of younger/more expensive players. Think Chelsea should be making a better case for him to stay but with how often they change the side it's not surprising.
Proud follower of the city's junior, and far more successful footballing side

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

19 League Titles, 6 European Cups, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 10 League Cups, 4 European Super Cups, World Champions 2019. We live the dream.

Online Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #16636 on: June 7, 2023, 10:41:06 am »
Is Kovacic still going to City? Will be a good signing that, I think he'd fit us well but he'd would have had to have been a third signing coming in behind a couple of younger/more expensive players. Think Chelsea should be making a better case for him to stay but with how often they change the side it's not surprising.

If he came to us he’d be injured over 50% of the time. At City he’ll be available whenever they need him with no discernible drop off.

Offline RyanBabel19

• Embarrassing.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16637 on: June 7, 2023, 10:48:30 am »
Chinese Super League style deals back pretty swiftly

Offline BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #16638 on: June 7, 2023, 10:51:27 am »
Chinese Super League style deals back pretty swiftly

This Saudi comp feels like the Chinese Super League of 2016-17
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Offline RyanBabel19

• Embarrassing.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16639 on: June 7, 2023, 10:53:38 am »

Looks so similar mate, huge money deals for players who could go and play at a good level in top 5 leagues… only lured to these other sides because of the eyewatering money involved. The level of football is nowhere near these players ability and it just comes across as something that will prove short lived