Author Topic: Aston Villa at Anfield. 3pm Sat 10/4.  (Read 9699 times)

Offline SinceSixtyFive

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We are Liverpool. Resistance is futile.
Re: Aston Villa at Anfield. 3pm Sat 10/4.
« Reply #80 on: April 10, 2021, 12:18:22 pm »
Referee: Paul Tierney.
Assistants: Simon Bennett, Constantine Hatzidakis.
Fourth official: Chris Kavanagh.
VAR: Andy Madley.
Assistant VAR: Adrian Holmes.

Hmmm... tricky enough opponents these.

Gonna be tough to beat.

Offline JRed

• After a 2L bottle of strongbow I’d do anything!
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #81 on: April 10, 2021, 12:20:55 pm »
Hmmm... tricky enough opponents these.

Gonna be tough to beat.
It’s a tough line up to be sure, although we have faced worse this season.

Offline kasperoff

• Legacy Fan
  • What happened to Sabu?
« Reply #82 on: April 10, 2021, 12:31:14 pm »
I’m never one to want to see what goes on behind the scenes but I would love to know what the fuck happened inside the club between the 2nd half of the WBA game and where we are now.

At the start of December we were on a bit of a roll, had thrashed Palace, looked confident against WBA and scored early. Then it was like the machine was switched off and we spiralled into what we have now, which is a side and manager who are pretty much a shell of themselves, not confident anymore and have made loads of mistakes.

I don’t understand how confidence built up after 3 years just evaporated. But maybe it’s true that’s it takes longer to gain it than it takes to lose it. It’s just we lost it in a snap.

I have been one who puts this season down to injuries but I have to say the closer we get to the end of the season the less I feel that we can just flick a switch and be back to title contending levels next season.

Same here!

It's been said before, but when Matip got injured seems to be the exact moment it finally all caved in. It seemed to the straw that finally broke the squad I think. Then Jurgen's mother passed away and he wasn't able to even to home. These things occurred around the time our form really went south.

But these events were the crescendo to a good deal of adversity that was building up behind it. I don't care what any other fans say, Liverpool feed off Anfield like no other team in the PL. When things aren't going well, our team needs it's fans. Reffing and VAR were shocking when we were on our decent run at the start of the season and it eventually ground us down. Salah and particularly Mane seem to have been hugely effected. These things were happing since the start of the season and were baggage that we simply couldn't contend with when the squad started to fall apart as well.

It's been a perfect shit-storm to be quite honest. A chain-reaction of seemingly endless bad news.

If we can somehow limp into 4th it would be a miracle.
I think the same, can't stand him, but if you could have a £1million pound cheque or steve bruces head hollowed out and filled with pound coins which would you have?

Offline JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • President of the Harry Wilson fanclub
« Reply #83 on: April 10, 2021, 12:36:11 pm »
All managers targeted him including Real Madrid, Chelsea, Leicester, Brighton, Leeds and Aston Villa . It is very obvious. He is out of form this season. If the player is not performing, take him out from starting lineup and you can bring him as a sub, so you can build his confidence. Leicester vs Liverpool in Anfield, Milner played right back. He is older but more intelligent, got better positioning than Trent and can Tackle.

Milner’s a far worse defender than Trent

Online has gone odd

• a tru-ro...I mean....red!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #84 on: April 10, 2021, 12:36:23 pm »
For the love of god, please win :)
- all in my opinion of course -

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
« Reply #85 on: April 10, 2021, 12:38:24 pm »
Number 7
@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Offline MH41

• Kopite
« Reply #86 on: April 10, 2021, 12:38:56 pm »
On a slight side note, when was the last time we played a home game at 3pm on Grand national day?

I'm aware that we played Bournemouth at 5.30pm in 2018.

Before that, the last time we played a home game on the same day was an 11.30 k.o. v Ipswich town, in 1994. That was a 1-0 victory with a Julian Dicks penalty That also turned out to be the last goal scored in front of the old standing Kop.

Before that, I'm not sure?
I have vague memories of playing on a Friday night (and a Kevin Sheedy début?)
« Last Edit: April 10, 2021, 12:43:03 pm by MH41 »

Offline smutchin

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #87 on: April 10, 2021, 01:01:22 pm »
Milner was good against Arsenal and deserves a recall.

He was excellent. And what's more, we need his leadership on the pitch. For me, one of the biggest problems against Madrid the other night, especially in the first half, was a total lack of any kind of leadership. I love Gini as a player, but he's not captain material. In the ongoing absence of Hendo, we need someone shouting the odds and making sure everyone is doing their job, ensure we play as the cohesive unit we know we are capable of being, rather than a bunch of headless chickens. I don't know if Milner will play, and I don't know who he should come in for, but if he doesn't start, someone else really needs to step up and fill that role.

Oh how I long for a return of the days when I could look forward to a home league game against mid-table opposition knowing a win was almost a nailed-on certainty... We're a shadow of that team at the moment, but anything less than three points today would be getting towards final nail in coffin territory as far as our top 4 hopes are concerned. Fingers crossed, Villa's own dismal form and lack of floppy-haired tosser will work in our favour.

Online [new username under construction]

• Poster formerly know as shadowbane. Never lost his head whilst others panicked. Fucking kopite!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Insert something awesome here!
« Reply #88 on: April 10, 2021, 01:02:51 pm »
All out for the league for me, we're not winning the CL with this defence

Offline smutchin

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #89 on: April 10, 2021, 01:02:57 pm »

Offline Chris~

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #90 on: April 10, 2021, 01:06:48 pm »
Milner’s a far worse defender than Trent
Unless we change how we build up/attack that side is going to be targeted whoever plays there as well

Offline StevoHimself

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #91 on: April 10, 2021, 01:10:27 pm »
I've got a weird irrational hatred of Villa, so I'd love for us to win today even more than unusual.

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
« Reply #92 on: April 10, 2021, 01:14:29 pm »
Gallows humour!

We don't do that round here, do we?.......Its all prim and proper - Liverpool, Liverpool rah! rah!

I believe.

;D
@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Offline ash2001

• Klop up front, Chan in goal & Milner in defence.
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #93 on: April 10, 2021, 01:17:14 pm »
Unless we change how we build up/attack that side is going to be targeted whoever plays there as well

Then why this does not happen to our left side? It is obvious, Leeds, Aston Villa, Southampton (his mistake), Manchester city against Sterling, Brighton, Leicester, Chelsea, Real Madrid. This could more depending on who he plays against. Losing possession, out of position, poor one on one. Klop is not doing him any good by keep playing him.

Offline Chris~

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #94 on: April 10, 2021, 01:20:56 pm »
Then why this does not happen to our left side? It is obvious, Leeds, Aston Villa, Southampton (his mistake), Manchester city against Sterling, Brighton, Leicester, Chelsea, Real Madrid. This could more depending on who he plays against. Losing possession, out of position, poor one on one. Klop is not doing him any good by keep playing him.
Because of how we attack and build up through Trent leaves a lot more space to attack, especially so when it's not got Henderson and Gomez/Matip on that side. I'd also say more teams have right footers playing from the left naturally than left footed on the right, that makes it a more obvious place to counter/exploit
« Last Edit: April 10, 2021, 01:27:12 pm by Chris~ »

Offline Schmidt

• 's small stretchy scrotum
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #95 on: April 10, 2021, 01:32:12 pm »
Trent attacks a lot, we play a high line and Nat alongside him is slow so can't easily come across to cover, Trent isn't the sole reason teams target that side and putting a slow Milner next to a slow Phillips isn't going to solve anything. I can't really see a solution beyond playing deeper, midfielders can only cover so much, my guess is that Klopp doesn't want to change the system to deal with a temporary problem as we would then need to spend time getting used to the normal way of playing again after.

Online BobPaisley3

• SirAlexFerguson2, the bad manc twat :)
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • PGMOL fanboy
« Reply #96 on: April 10, 2021, 01:41:23 pm »
The last time we scored a league goal before the 45th minute was December 27th  :o
94 Corner to us. Last kick. Ali in the box and he’s scored

Offline ash2001

• Klop up front, Chan in goal & Milner in defence.
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #97 on: April 10, 2021, 01:47:03 pm »
Because of how we attack and build up through Trent leaves a lot more space to attack, especially so when it's not got Henderson and Gomez/Matip on that side. I'd also say more teams have right footers playing from the left naturally than left footed on the right, that makes it a more obvious place to counter/exploit

Trent had made 2 mistakes leading to goals, against Southampton and RM. His one on one defending is poor against city and other players. His positioning is poor, against Chelsea goal and against Real Madrid 3rd goal. His Arial weakness exposed against Brighton.

We had Henderson and Van Dijk who are right footed player putting passes to Salah  who plays on the left so It does matter what foot you use.

Offline vicar

• Legacy Fan
  • Free at last!
« Reply #98 on: April 10, 2021, 01:52:14 pm »
I wouldn't be surprised to see Milner and maybe even Curtis in today, maybe even rest one of Salah and Mane? Guess will find out soon.

Offline keyop

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Always eleven, acting as one.
« Reply #99 on: April 10, 2021, 01:55:33 pm »
 :lmao

Its the Villa pre-match thread and some of you are still criticising Trent - a local lad who made the Ballon Do'r shortlist at 21 and every manager in world football would love to have as their right back. Did Alves/Cafu/Zanetti/Thuram/Alberto/Lahm/Bergomi/Neal ever have an off day, make a mistake or get beaten by an attacker? Yes, yes they did - especially at 22. Some of you need to give your heads a wobble.

Anyway - Villa. Time to avenge that 7-2 and get our Anfield form back on track. A great chance to go 4th and put the pressure on the rest. Usual back five, plus Fabinho/Gini/Thiago in midfield and Mane/Salah/Jota up front should get the job done.

2-0 to us and the naysayers can all piss off.
I've got OCD, but I prefer to call it CDO so it's in alphabetical order.

Offline vicar

• Legacy Fan
  • Free at last!
« Reply #100 on: April 10, 2021, 02:00:36 pm »
Looks like Mane, Thiago and Keita all on the bench

Online rocco

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ⭐️⭐️⭐️6 Times Baby ⭐️⭐️⭐️
« Reply #101 on: April 10, 2021, 02:01:01 pm »
Alisson, Alexander-Arnold, N Phillips, Kabak, Robertson, Wijnaldum, Fabinho, Milner, Salah, Jota, Firmino.

Subs: Adrian, Thiago, Keita, Mane, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Tsimikas, Shaqiri, Davies, R Williams.

Offline Chris~

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #102 on: April 10, 2021, 02:01:13 pm »

Trent had made 2 mistakes leading to goals, against Southampton and RM. His one on one defending is poor against city and other players. His positioning is poor, against Chelsea goal and against Real Madrid 3rd goal. His Arial weakness exposed against Brighton.

We had Henderson and Van Dijk who are right footed player putting passes to Salah  who plays on the left so It does matter what foot you use.
I mean football has way more right footed players, modern football tends to have forwards who cut in on to their stronger foot and the better ones mostly play from the side that allows them to do that. This tends to mean most sides have their stronger attacking player playing from the left or to that side of the pitch.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2021, 02:02:46 pm by Chris~ »

Offline gaztop08

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #103 on: April 10, 2021, 02:01:22 pm »
Liverpool: Alisson, Alexander-Arnold, Phillips, Kabak, Robertson, Fabinho, Milner, Wijnaldum, Salah, Jota, Firmino.

Subs: Adrian, Thiago, Keita, Mane, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Tsimikas, Shaqiri, Davies, R. Williams.

Offline ToneLa

• you know the rules but I make the game.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I AM FURIOUS, RED (STILL)
« Reply #104 on: April 10, 2021, 02:01:26 pm »

Offline number 168

• Bootle - Aigburth Vale. Mon-Sat evenings, Sundays & Bank Holidays only. Arl fart clearly past his sell-his-season-ticket-by-date.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #105 on: April 10, 2021, 02:01:52 pm »
Not the most creative midfield.

Online Coolie High

• bury Regular. My opinions are facts, FYI. (whisper it but doesn't understand midfielders)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #106 on: April 10, 2021, 02:03:04 pm »
Would have like to see Keita or Thiago start this one but still think we’ll win.

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #107 on: April 10, 2021, 02:03:08 pm »
Can't understand why Thiago is being left out all of a sudden.  He was really hitting his stride at Arsenal.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline Adeemo

• surreally arsed
  • Legacy Fan
  • A.W.E.S.O.M.-O
« Reply #108 on: April 10, 2021, 02:03:09 pm »

Nope.
"I love the Pope, I love seeing him in his Pope-Mobile, his three feet of bullet proof plexi-glass. That's faith in action folks! You know he's got God on his side"

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #109 on: April 10, 2021, 02:03:20 pm »
Nice one. Sense another demolishing of these Brummies.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline MD1990

• Makes your eyes bleed and your brain hurt.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #110 on: April 10, 2021, 02:03:27 pm »
klopp losing trust in Thiago

Online Coolie High

• bury Regular. My opinions are facts, FYI. (whisper it but doesn't understand midfielders)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #111 on: April 10, 2021, 02:03:37 pm »

Fabinho is the most creative midfielder out the three which is ironic in a way.

Offline Adeemo

• surreally arsed
  • Legacy Fan
  • A.W.E.S.O.M.-O
« Reply #112 on: April 10, 2021, 02:03:50 pm »
klopp losing trust in Thiago

Surely resting him for midweek.
"I love the Pope, I love seeing him in his Pope-Mobile, his three feet of bullet proof plexi-glass. That's faith in action folks! You know he's got God on his side"

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #113 on: April 10, 2021, 02:05:20 pm »
No Thiago is odd
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Online disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
« Reply #114 on: April 10, 2021, 02:05:27 pm »
Didn't expect Thiago not to start again. Thought the midfield 3 of Fab/Milner/Thiago was very good against Arsenal and expected that to be the 3. Not really surprised to see Mane sit this one out. How many games has Tsimikas started in all competitions? 2 or 3? Strange that.
Proud follower of the city's junior, and far more successful footballing side

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

19 League Titles, 6 European Cups, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 10 League Cups, 4 European Super Cups, World Champions 2019. We live the dream.

Offline Bangin Them In

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #115 on: April 10, 2021, 02:05:49 pm »

Trent had made 2 mistakes leading to goals, against Southampton and RM. His one on one defending is poor against city and other players. His positioning is poor, against Chelsea goal and against Real Madrid 3rd goal. His Arialweakness exposed against Brighton.

A win for the Liverpool country

Offline daveonthespionkop1900

• No new LFC topics
  • Kopite
« Reply #116 on: April 10, 2021, 02:06:33 pm »
is Jones injured!? he was in good form too
walk on...walk on...

Offline B0151?

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #117 on: April 10, 2021, 02:07:03 pm »
Yep,slight muscle problem

Offline ToneLa

• you know the rules but I make the game.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I AM FURIOUS, RED (STILL)
« Reply #118 on: April 10, 2021, 02:07:06 pm »

Muscle precaution

Offline Adeemo

• surreally arsed
  • Legacy Fan
  • A.W.E.S.O.M.-O
« Reply #119 on: April 10, 2021, 02:07:23 pm »

Not included as a precaution.