Author Topic: Injury news only thread. *  (Read 1923796 times)

Offline Welshred

• CBE. To be fair to him, he is a massive twat. Professional Ladies' Arse Fondler. Possibly......we're not sure any more......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96

Offline Cattive Maniere

• Legacy Fan
  • Mentalita Ultras
    • bettingtips365
Re: Current injury updates? not a transfer speculation thread
« Reply #241 on: November 29, 2013, 10:54:09 pm »
Losing key player just before the month which could easily shape our goals for the rest of the season. Hopefully he won't be out for too long.

Offline NorthamptonKopite

• Non-
  • Legacy Fan
  • You'll Never Walk Alone
« Reply #242 on: November 29, 2013, 10:54:36 pm »
typical

I know right?

It is typical that people make assumptions about our injury situation through poor sources even though our manager clearly stated today that everyone is fine.

Offline Lenin.

• Rita out.
  • Legacy Fan
  • "We All Shine On"
« Reply #243 on: November 29, 2013, 11:00:06 pm »
Losing key player just before the month which could easily shape our goals for the rest of the season. Hopefully he won't be out for too long.
I'm not a mind reader.
Oh you English are SO superior aren't you? Well, would you like to know where you'd be without US the good old U.S. of A. to protect you? I'll tell you. The smallest fucking province in the Russian Empire, that's where! If it wasn't for us, you'd all be speaking German, singing, "Deutschland, Deutschland Uber Alles!"

Online peachybum

• orangeyface
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #244 on: November 30, 2013, 12:04:39 pm »
Is it me or are we suffering a really concerning amount of injuries this season? Agger, Johnson, Enrique, Cissokho, Allen, Aspas, Coutinho and possibly Sturridge have all had to spend weeks on the treatment table. I wonder if there's questions being asked inside the club.
I wanna be like Jurgen Klopp

Offline Welshred

• CBE. To be fair to him, he is a massive twat. Professional Ladies' Arse Fondler. Possibly......we're not sure any more......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #245 on: November 30, 2013, 12:13:35 pm »
Not really. The majority of those injuries are either long term ones (Enrique, Agger) or have come through contact or misfortune (Johnson, Enrique, Cissokho, Coutinho, Sturridge). In all only Allen's and Aspas' injuries could have been avoided as they're muscular, but you can't completely avoid muscle injuries anyway so you're going to get a few!

Offline Redman0151

• Stills and Nash Warloch
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #246 on: November 30, 2013, 12:19:58 pm »
Is it me or are we suffering a really concerning amount of injuries this season? Agger, Johnson, Enrique, Cissokho, Allen, Aspas, Coutinho and possibly Sturridge have all had to spend weeks on the treatment table. I wonder if there's questions being asked inside the club.

I doubt it, I mean Rodgers is a massive proponent of modern fitness and individual training programmes, I remember reading how he changed Gerrard and Agger's training completely to stop them picking up injuries so often.

Agger, Johnson, Coutinho and Sturridge have suffered with injuries throughout their careers
"I would say we certainly have the resources to compete with anybody in football." Tom Werner 12/04/2012

Offline bird_lfc

• Would much rather have a good wank than get behind the team. Champion of Luke Shaw’s reputation.
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #247 on: November 30, 2013, 12:35:15 pm »
What's the deal with Kelly, is he still struggling for fitness or?

Offline G1 Jockey 4(betfair)

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #248 on: November 30, 2013, 06:00:18 pm »
would imagine he needs easing back in after that injury....can take some players a year or longer to get over it properly and yet some never really recover.
kellys not a light player so may take longer than say rossi or lucas.
Freedom of Speech unless you get shouted down and abused by the in-crowd.

Offline farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #249 on: November 30, 2013, 07:58:13 pm »
I doubt it, I mean Rodgers is a massive proponent of modern fitness and individual training programmes, I remember reading how he changed Gerrard and Agger's training completely to stop them picking up injuries so often.

Agger, Johnson, Coutinho and Sturridge have suffered with injuries throughout their careers
You mean the injections for Gerrard and Agger? ;D

But I agree that Rodgers seems to have reduced the injuries overall. Maybe the intense training in preseason has something to do with the current injuries.
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Offline Welshred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #250 on: November 30, 2013, 08:01:05 pm »
You mean the injections for Gerrard and Agger? ;D

But I agree that Rodgers seems to have reduced the injuries overall. Maybe the intense training in preseason has something to do with the current injuries.

Not at all...

Not really. The majority of those injuries are either long term ones (Enrique, Agger) or have come through contact or misfortune (Johnson, Enrique, Cissokho, Coutinho, Sturridge). In all only Allen's and Aspas' injuries could have been avoided as they're muscular, but you can't completely avoid muscle injuries anyway so you're going to get a few!

Offline farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #251 on: November 30, 2013, 08:27:47 pm »
Not at all...

I've seen these kinds of statements and they do make sense at first glance, but I haven't bought 100% into that. Say, if a player is fatigued, his concentration is not at its best level and a contact injury is more likely to occur because he didn't jump right, didn't tackle right, or whatever. Same goes for carrying a knock, say a leg, a player would tend to subconciously use the other leg more, which could stress is more than the "normal". Loose logic, but you get what I mean. How do such scenarios enter into the contact injuries statistics?
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Offline Welshred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #252 on: November 30, 2013, 08:43:33 pm »
They don't because they are completely irrelevant. You can't counter for extrinsic factors, which are what contact injuries are.

Offline DanA

• misses the Eurovision Glory Days.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #253 on: November 30, 2013, 09:14:59 pm »
They don't because they are completely irrelevant. You can't counter for extrinsic factors, which are what contact injuries are.

You obviously can't completely remove impact injuries but why can't you counter for extrinsic factors? Improving movement patterns, limiting fatigue, core strength and good training programs in general can all impact this. Take Lucas' ACL, it could be classed as an impact injury but it's possible that injury wouldn't happen early in the game when he's less fatigued. I personally think fatigue played a part in that a tired Lucas', his reflexes and strength dulled, wasn't able to catch himself. He lands awkward, does his ACL. Possibly was unavoidable but I wouldn't be giving the S&C team a free pass on it. While you can't avoid impact injuries I think they good exercise programming can have impact on limiting them.
Quote from: hinesy
He hadn't played as if he was on fire, more the slight breeze cutting across New Brighton on a summer's day than El Nino, the force of nature.

Offline Welshred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #254 on: November 30, 2013, 09:19:07 pm »
You obviously can't completely remove impact injuries but why can't you counter for extrinsic factors? Improving movement patterns, limiting fatigue, core strength and good training programs in general can all impact this. Take Lucas' ACL, it could be classed as an impact injury but it's possible that injury wouldn't happen early in the game when he's less fatigued. I personally think fatigue played a part in that a tired Lucas', his reflexes and strength dulled, wasn't able to catch himself. He lands awkward, does his ACL. Possibly was unavoidable but I wouldn't be giving the S&C team a free pass on it. While you can't avoid impact injuries I think they good exercise programming can have impact on limiting them.

Either way it's nothing to do with what the players were doing in preseason, which is the original quote.

Offline Carlito Roberto

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #255 on: November 30, 2013, 09:52:59 pm »
From your posting history I assumed finance was your area of expertise - fair play if you're also an expert in the medical profession. 

Offline xbugawugax

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #256 on: December 1, 2013, 06:09:07 am »
Just came out of hibernation..

Just how many of our players are out for tomorrow?

From the official site it seems sturridge is confirmed as not playing due to sprained/turned ankle.

And rumors that Sakho, Coutinho and Suarez are injured as well? 

or is it just that "rumors'

we have to recall Meijer back if our strikeforce is so depleted ;)

Offline DanA

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #257 on: December 1, 2013, 06:19:54 am »
From your posting history I assumed finance was your area of expertise - fair play if you're also an expert in the medical profession. 

I have a degree in finance and degree in exercise science. I wouldn't say I am an expert in either though.
He hadn't played as if he was on fire, more the slight breeze cutting across New Brighton on a summer's day than El Nino, the force of nature.

Offline ArchieC

• Legacy Fan
  • Once a Red Always a Red WE BLEED RED!!
« Reply #258 on: December 1, 2013, 06:24:07 am »

From the official site it seems sturridge is confirmed as not playing due to sprained/turned ankle.

Your gonna start a meltdown with those rumours lol
We all bleed RED!!

Offline PhaseOfPlay

• Well red.Tom Jones Lover. AKA Debbie McGee. Apparently.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Under 7s Coaching Manual Owner.
« Reply #259 on: December 1, 2013, 06:26:41 am »
I have a degree in finance and degree in exercise science. I wouldn't say I am an expert in either though.

Exercise Finance? :D
Better looking than Samie.

Offline DanA

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #260 on: December 1, 2013, 06:32:04 am »
Exercise Finance? :D

I find it gives me the perfect background to do bugger all for the work week bar post on RAWK.

Offline andymanlfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #261 on: December 1, 2013, 09:00:31 am »

Sakho as well now? Who is making up this bullshit?! I don't believe it for one second. No body gets this much bad luck with injuries, that's Sturridge (he is injured), Suarez, Coutinho, Sakho and Henderson I've heard are injured now.
"The club was great, the people were great and the people from Liverpool - the text messages, the phone calls, the emails, all the tweets I had on my Twitter account - it's unbelievable how much respect they showed me and it's also a bit emotional" - Dirk Kuyt

Offline xbugawugax

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #262 on: December 1, 2013, 09:03:16 am »
Your gonna start a meltdown with those rumours lol

its rawk..a meltdown is expected whether we win or lose or the reason cissokho not playing is because he got some crooked teeth when he was muching on a mars bar when he was a 3 year old.

so I take it as only Sturridge is unavailable and the rest of the first team are raring to go?

I find it gives me the perfect background to do bugger all for the work week bar post on RAWK.

time to calculate how much RVP earns everytime he finishes those laps under the Moysie...

Offline xbugawugax

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #263 on: December 1, 2013, 09:17:54 am »
Sakho as well now? Who is making up this bullshit?! I don't believe it for one second. No body gets this much bad luck with injuries, that's Sturridge (he is injured), Suarez, Coutinho, Sakho and Henderson I've heard are injured now.

just heard from the an aunt of the long lost distant cousin of the tea lady that we are putting out the U21 team due to the injury crisis..

To be honest, i dont have any idea.

From the official site, only Sturridge is out unless Mignolet injures his pinkie during the warm up then I believe some one playing with the voodoo doll...

Offline lalchitri

• Anny Roader
« Reply #264 on: December 1, 2013, 09:24:15 am »

From the official site, only Sturridge is out

Couldn't see that.
Physioroom have him as a late fitness test today.

Offline DowntheLine1981

• Ignorant of the Dhamma
  • Legacy Fan
  • Vi Veri Universum Vivus Vici
    • Work's MySpace page....
« Reply #265 on: December 1, 2013, 09:38:41 am »
Mods, I think for everyone's sake that this thread should either be locked or reserved for posters over 1000 posts.  Far to many people posted unsubstantiated shite on here and it causes murder along the rest of the site. 

Alternatively, the words 'I've heard that' should be substituted to 'I've just made this up'. 

And Twitter can fuck off en'all.
"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it."
~Aristotle

"The trouble with having an open mind is that people will come along and try to put things in it."
~Terry Pratchett

“If you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you.”
~Friedrich Nietzsche

Offline Schmidt

• 's small stretchy scrotum
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #266 on: December 1, 2013, 11:11:38 am »
Mods, I think for everyone's sake that this thread should either be locked or reserved for posters over 1000 posts.  Far to many people posted unsubstantiated shite on here and it causes murder along the rest of the site. 

Alternatively, the words 'I've heard that' should be substituted to 'I've just made this up'. 

And Twitter can fuck off en'all.

Better make it posters with over 2000 posts ;).

It's only been the last day or two really that this has all cropped up, it'll stop when the team news comes out and confirms who is/isn't injured.

Offline robgomm

• He just can't get enough of Luis Suarez.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #267 on: December 1, 2013, 11:14:47 am »
I was injured reading this thread.

Offline TSC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #268 on: December 1, 2013, 11:36:54 am »
Well on the sky ticker only Sturridge is 'doubtful'.  No other probs mentioned re injuries.  Hull also have a couple out injured.

Offline Kennys from heaven

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "NOBODY expects the Spanish Inquisition!"
« Reply #269 on: December 29, 2013, 10:02:12 pm »
Looked through most of the posts, but thought it might be useful to collate what's the latest on:

Enrique
Flanagan
Sturridge
Gerrard
Henderson
Suarez
Allen
Sakho

(Jesus - that's hell of a list)

In here. Given the size of the list, it'd be a damn sight easier to name the fit players we've got!
The most important people at Liverpool Football Club are the people who want to be here

Offline Hayer

• World Class Whinger. Sorry, winger.....or was I right the first time.....?
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #270 on: December 29, 2013, 10:04:09 pm »
That injury list is the last thing you need when you have a game coming up against fathead.

Offline Funky_Gibbons

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Follow the gourd
« Reply #271 on: December 29, 2013, 10:04:17 pm »
What's wrong with Suarez?
"And there are red and white scarves of Liverpool, and red and white bobble hats of Liverpool, and red and white rosettes of Liverpool, and nothing else. And the sun shines now."

Online GreatEx

• pectations. might be a cunt but isn't a capitalist cunt. Blissfully ignorant.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #272 on: December 29, 2013, 10:05:43 pm »
Or Hendo? Haven't watched the Chelsea game yet, but the prospect of four new injuries is disheartening to say the least.

Offline Kennys from heaven

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "NOBODY expects the Spanish Inquisition!"
« Reply #273 on: December 29, 2013, 10:11:05 pm »
What's wrong with Suarez?
Or Hendo? Haven't watched the Chelsea game yet, but the prospect of four new injuries is disheartening to say the least.
Thought Brendan in his post match mentioned both of them as needing to be looked at... Or was I dreaming? (It's been a bad day, so could have got the wrong)
The most important people at Liverpool Football Club are the people who want to be here

Offline Funky_Gibbons

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Follow the gourd
« Reply #274 on: December 29, 2013, 10:14:52 pm »
Thought Brendan in his post match mentioned both of them as needing to be looked at... Or was I dreaming? (It's been a bad day, so could have got the wrong)
Didn't see the post match interview mate. Hopefully nothing too serious if not our team could have a very unfamiliar look to it.
"And there are red and white scarves of Liverpool, and red and white bobble hats of Liverpool, and red and white rosettes of Liverpool, and nothing else. And the sun shines now."

Offline rob1408

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #275 on: December 29, 2013, 10:15:28 pm »
He never mentioned Suarez.

Online GreatEx

• pectations. might be a cunt but isn't a capitalist cunt. Blissfully ignorant.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #276 on: December 29, 2013, 10:19:43 pm »
I don't want to tempt fate, but only a broken bone or snapped ligament could keep Suarez out of a game. And they'd have to be in the legs, because he would play on with a broken arm, jaw, etc. So if he's picked up a knock today I'd just shrug my shoulders and say, "guess it'll only be a brace against Hull, then".

Offline Groundskeeper Willie

• Loves a good Meat Flute! Silent screaming fistpumper. Don't wake the kids! He's not the messiah, he's a very naughty chip! Mattis, den svenska pedanten! Pantless arse-barer not used to withdrawal.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Klappa händerna när du är riktigt glad.
« Reply #277 on: December 29, 2013, 10:28:18 pm »
Looked through most of the posts, but thought it might be useful to collate what's the latest on:

Enrique
Flanagan
Sturridge
Gerrard
Henderson
Suarez
Allen
Sakho

(Jesus - that's hell of a list)

In here. Given the size of the list, it'd be a damn sight easier to name the fit players we've got!

According to physioroom.com:

Enrique 18th Jan
Flanagan no return date
Sturridge 6th Jan
Gerrard 1st Jan
Love Ren & Stimpy

Offline Rojo O Muerto

• Legacy Fan
  • LGTBQIA2S+
« Reply #278 on: December 29, 2013, 10:32:59 pm »
Gerrard, Flanagan and Sturridge can't come back soon enough. We're so threadbare at the moment.
If you can't support us when we're shartin', don't support us when we're fartin'

Offline harryc

• ane ;)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We All Live in a Red and a White Kop
« Reply #279 on: December 29, 2013, 10:44:41 pm »
Studge and Gerrard that's good news, sooner the better.