Author Topic: Nottingham Forest  (Read 52225 times)

Offline kev_goss

• Lost: Remote control puppy. Please help reunite a tearful child with his pride and joy
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Goodnight sweet girl gonna miss you
Re: Nottingham Forest
« Reply #520 on: March 7, 2024, 07:10:23 pm »
Neither did we

Nope but I just smile at the c*nts, you find most the rabid twats are from the outskirt towns like mine, full of divvies here.
It is very important to generate a good attitude, a good heart, as much as possible. From this, happiness in both the short term and the long term for both yourself and others will come.
Dalai Lama

Offline elbow

• grease
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Boss Tha
We are Liverpool!

Offline thaddeus

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #522 on: March 18, 2024, 01:58:54 pm »
Four point deduction, apparently.

Would put them one point behind Luton and four behind Everton.

Edit: being reported by the Grauniad now - https://www.theguardian.com/football/2024/mar/18/nottingham-forest-docked-four-points-premier-league-financial-rules-breach-profitability-and-sustainability

Offline smicer07

• Negative, miserable sod!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #523 on: March 18, 2024, 02:05:52 pm »
The Blues are revolting.

Offline MonsLibpool

• Glass always half empty.......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #524 on: March 18, 2024, 02:11:30 pm »
Four point deduction, apparently.

Would put them one point behind Luton and four behind Everton.

Edit: being reported by the Grauniad now - https://www.theguardian.com/football/2024/mar/18/nottingham-forest-docked-four-points-premier-league-financial-rules-breach-profitability-and-sustainability
Very weak from the PL. Spending heavily is worth it if it's only a 4-point deduction.

Offline thaddeus

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #525 on: March 18, 2024, 02:17:29 pm »
Very weak from the PL. Spending heavily is worth it if it's only a 4-point deduction.
It is and even that's being appealed by Forest.  It's going to get to the point that the penalties are so weak and the appeals so drawn out that it won't be worth the effort to enforce it anymore.

Offline Kekule

• Not fussy.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #526 on: March 18, 2024, 02:18:12 pm »
Didn’t Everton get 6 after appeal?

I bet that’s gone down well!!

Offline rawcusk8

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #527 on: March 18, 2024, 02:20:12 pm »
They’ll appeal it, it will get reduced and they’ll probably end up staying up. Got to say I want these to get relegated over any of the other candidates. Find their fans disgusting and our recent match showed what a vile bunch they are.
“If you even dream of beating me you'd better wake up and apologize.” - muhammad ali

Offline MonsLibpool

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #528 on: March 18, 2024, 02:21:27 pm »
It is and even that's being appealed by Forest.  It's going to get to the point that the penalties are so weak and the appeals so drawn out that it won't be worth the effort to enforce it anymore.
This was their chance to lay down a marker and they've blown it.

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #529 on: March 18, 2024, 02:22:13 pm »

Yep - risk it and see, likelihood is it'll work, just look at Everton
Jurgen YNWA

Offline lfc_col

• Legacy Fan
  • And Could He Play!
« Reply #530 on: March 18, 2024, 02:23:40 pm »
Whats the point so weak from the league
We Won It Six Times

JFT 97

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #531 on: March 18, 2024, 02:35:34 pm »

They should bring in transfer bans.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline Statto Red

• Hung like a sperm whale but only around the middle. Proud owner of a couple of spare arms, although is pits pong like the bins, not very appealing. Bambi on ice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #532 on: March 18, 2024, 02:36:26 pm »
It puts Forest in the bottom 3, Luton 17th
#Sausages

Offline lfc_col

• Legacy Fan
  • And Could He Play!
« Reply #533 on: March 18, 2024, 02:39:12 pm »
Why they even bothering if there going to give such small deductions they should be being hit with 15 or 20 points then they might think erm we won't be doing that again should be no appeals either it would stop a lot of it its like there just going through the motions that there actually doing something
We Won It Six Times

JFT 97

Offline Fitzy.

• I before E, except in Dalglish. Thumbs down for thumbs up! Premature ejaculator in the post-match whopper circle jerk. Might be the Rupert Pupkin to Neil Atkinson's Jerry Langford. Wants to know who did this, but may never find out.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Indefatigability
« Reply #534 on: March 18, 2024, 02:43:11 pm »
Why they even bothering if there going to give such small deductions they should be being hit with 15 or 20 points then they might think erm we won't be doing that again should be no appeals either it would stop a lot of it its like there just going through the motions that there actually doing something
I guess proportionality comes into the decision making - where would you go with a bigger breach? As for banning appeals, this wouldn't fly in any court - even within sports arbitration. Appeals are a central tenet of the court process.

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #535 on: March 18, 2024, 02:51:20 pm »
AbuDhabi 115 are walking away from this with no punishment of note whatsoever.

Premier League is just getting us ready for that outcome.

Offline Garlicbread

• Veet lurk brurred.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #536 on: March 18, 2024, 02:53:06 pm »
According to Henry Winter:

https://twitter.com/henrywinter/status/1769734587834335371

The @premierleague
 season finishes May 19. Assuming Forest appeal 4-point deduction for breaching PSR, PL says appeal hearing backstop date is May 24 (in advance of AGM). Appeal takes time. Real danger that relegation positions are finalised only after season finishes #NFFC #4pts

What a shambles

Offline Black Bull Nova

• emo
  • Legacy Fan
  • The cheesy side of town
« Reply #537 on: March 18, 2024, 02:56:36 pm »
Everton?
aarf, aarf, aarf.

Offline Fitzy.

• I before E, except in Dalglish. Thumbs down for thumbs up! Premature ejaculator in the post-match whopper circle jerk. Might be the Rupert Pupkin to Neil Atkinson's Jerry Langford. Wants to know who did this, but may never find out.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Indefatigability
« Reply #538 on: March 18, 2024, 02:59:06 pm »
PSR obviously has teeth. How sharp will depend what they do with City.

Offline thaddeus

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #539 on: March 18, 2024, 03:00:16 pm »
According to Henry Winter:

https://twitter.com/henrywinter/status/1769734587834335371

The @premierleague
 season finishes May 19. Assuming Forest appeal 4-point deduction for breaching PSR, PL says appeal hearing backstop date is May 24 (in advance of AGM). Appeal takes time. Real danger that relegation positions are finalised only after season finishes #NFFC #4pts

What a shambles
They really need to make it a lot more efficient.  I guess the backlog of Everton's appeal (which should have been boxed off last season) has had a knock-on but we shouldn't be in mid-March before they punish issues found in the accounts submitted by 31st December.  If half a dozen clubs all breached, were punished and appealed they'd still be hearing the appeals at Christmas!

Offline lfc_col

• Legacy Fan
  • And Could He Play!
« Reply #540 on: March 18, 2024, 03:00:47 pm »
I guess proportionality comes into the decision making - where would you go with a bigger breach? As for banning appeals, this wouldn't fly in any court - even within sports arbitration. Appeals are a central tenet of the court process.

Whats the point then is all i am saying its not really much of a punishment
We Won It Six Times

JFT 97

Offline thaddeus

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #541 on: March 18, 2024, 03:02:29 pm »
Everton?
They can only handle one at a time  ::)

Everton are next up.

Offline Baby Huey

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #542 on: March 18, 2024, 03:03:46 pm »

Offline lfc_col

• Legacy Fan
  • And Could He Play!
« Reply #543 on: March 18, 2024, 03:05:03 pm »
They can only handle one at a time  ::)

Everton are next up.

7 points reduced on appeal to 2  ::)
We Won It Six Times

JFT 97

Offline MonsLibpool

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #544 on: March 18, 2024, 03:08:18 pm »
Aby Dhabi would get a slap on the wrist at this rate

Offline lfc_col

• Legacy Fan
  • And Could He Play!
« Reply #545 on: March 18, 2024, 03:09:15 pm »

God knows how long they will tie them up in appeals can you imagine
We Won It Six Times

JFT 97

Offline Schmidt

• 's small stretchy scrotum
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #546 on: March 18, 2024, 03:11:07 pm »
I think a smaller initial deduction is fine. Due to the three year rolling periods it's not like a club can spend a billion one summer, take a small deduction and then effectively have a clean slate, they'll still need to address the deficit before the next accounting period. I would say the benefit is also pretty marginal as you can only pull that trick once, as the next deduction will likely be more severe.

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #547 on: March 18, 2024, 03:11:16 pm »
AbuDhabi 115 are walking away from this with no punishment of note whatsoever.

Premier League is just getting us ready for that outcome.
God knows how long they will tie them up in appeals can you imagine

Offline MonsLibpool

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #548 on: March 18, 2024, 03:13:31 pm »
I think a smaller initial deduction is fine. Due to the three year rolling periods it's not like a club can spend a billion one summer, take a small deduction and then effectively have a clean slate, they'll still need to address the deficit before the next accounting period. I would say the benefit is also pretty marginal as you can only pull that trick once, as the next deduction will likely be more severe.
The intent behind it needs to be looked at. Forest made a mockery of the rules and they are getting off lightly.  That doesn't bode well.

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #549 on: March 18, 2024, 03:17:24 pm »
I think the PL lowballed the deduction to try and make it appeal proof. But it's hardly a deterrent.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #550 on: March 18, 2024, 03:19:52 pm »
I think the PL lowballed the deduction to try and make it appeal proof. But it's hardly a deterrent.
If it comes off, both Everton and Forest will have succeeded in cheating.

6 points for ANY breach plus one point per million.  that would sort them.  I have literally no sympathy (well, I do with their fans, none of this is their fault).
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline thaddeus

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #551 on: March 18, 2024, 03:31:17 pm »
A few Evertonians on the family WhatsApp are chiming up.  They reckon they'll only get one or two points docked now as any penalty would have already been deducted by two-thirds (I don't really follow the logic...) and Forest's penalty sets the precedent that it's going to be low.

What initially looked like strong enforcement has crumbled at the feet of lawyers and external pressure.  I can see why they've not processed the Man City breaches yet.

Offline red_Mark1980

• Wool ginger runner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • J.F.T.97
« Reply #552 on: March 18, 2024, 03:58:29 pm »
They’ll appeal it, it will get reduced and they’ll probably end up staying up. Got to say I want these to get relegated over any of the other candidates. Find their fans disgusting and our recent match showed what a vile bunch they are.

Let me introduce you to Everton FC

Offline Buster Gonad

• Kopite
« Reply #553 on: March 18, 2024, 04:00:30 pm »
They should have cheated harder. If you're not in relegation trouble there's no punishment.

Offline 9 kemlyn road

• Main Stander
« Reply #554 on: March 18, 2024, 04:00:37 pm »

6 points for ANY breach plus one point per million.  that would sort them.  I have literally no sympathy (well, I do with their fans, none of this is their fault).
Fuck their fans ,they’re poison.they don’t think they’ve done any wrong ,hard done by ,wah,wah,wah.
Forest are cheats  pure and simple ,knew what they were  doing but with the owner they have is it any wonder .
Sooner they go back to oblivion the better.

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #555 on: March 18, 2024, 04:45:25 pm »

Yep. I keep saying this but some clubs will see this as open season on spending themselves into oblivion because they know the penalty will be lower on appeal. And for those clubs on the brink of relegation, the PL looks to be far more lenient than the Football League which adds an extra incentive

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #556 on: March 18, 2024, 04:47:09 pm »

6 points for ANY breach plus one point per million.  that would sort them. 

That's what it should be. A fixed penalty for a breach + additional deductions based on the amounts over the threshold. That would largely stop this stuff overnight as ot is a real deterrant

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #557 on: March 18, 2024, 05:04:45 pm »

It made sense for the PL and clubs not to write a fixed punishment into the rules and let the uncertainty of the severity of punishment act as a deterrent. But in hindsight it just seems to have encouraged clubs to cheat and appeal the punishment.

A severe, fixed punishment is clearly what is needed. That makes it appeal-proof.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline MonsLibpool

• Legacy Fan

Online Elzar

• train station gate frustration - delia smith fan club founder ('ave it!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
« Reply #559 on: March 18, 2024, 06:01:44 pm »
Oh no.
We already have shit in the country, and the game of Liverpool fills life with joy. Thanks