Author Topic: Politics Thread IV  (Read 1428 times)

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
Politics Thread IV
« on: December 9, 2019, 08:37:57 pm »
Let's all just settle down and have a nice up of tea.

If everyone on this thread is voting to keep the Tories out, then can we agree that we are all broadly pretty good friends and agree with each other?

Anyway. Saw the 'punch' before. I'd like to say I was shocked by the Conservative Party, but clearly that would be a strange position to take given their non-stop fibbing.
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline OOS

• Jordan Henderson fanclub member #4
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Politics Thread IV
« Reply #1 on: December 9, 2019, 08:45:13 pm »
https://twitter.com/joepike/status/1204018593656180736

Think it got posted in the last thread, but I feel it needs posting again. How can you lack basic empathy.
"I think the most important thing about music is the sense of escape." - Thom Yorke

Offline Red-Soldier

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2 on: December 9, 2019, 08:54:15 pm »
https://twitter.com/joepike/status/1204018593656180736

Think it got posted in the last thread, but I feel it needs posting again. How can you lack basic empathy.

You clearly don't understand the "rulling classes."  It's who they are, what they do etc.

Offline Crumble

• It's rhyming slang
  • Kopite
« Reply #3 on: December 9, 2019, 08:57:40 pm »
A friend of mine (rabid tory, sigh) insists that the photo of the boy is staged:

“This photograph is staged. If you look on the right you will see that there is a bed in that cubicle next to him. The oxygen is placed on his chest and not being used.

“He was released from A&E an hour after the photo. This is the son of a teacher who is a liebour activist. And if that was in anyway true. Would you let your child be put on the floor and then take photographs of him and immediately send them to the mirror and yorkshire evening post in the middle of a general election to score points, or would you put them on your knee so they are comfortable, i know what I would do.”

I hasn't given me a source other than "twitter" though.

Anyone got an corroboration?

Online rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4 on: December 9, 2019, 09:02:53 pm »
Question Time - would someone please give Frottage a fucking hiding, the rubber faced c*nt
Jurgen YNWA

Offline HarryLabrador

• went broke, so had to get the retrievers in.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5 on: December 9, 2019, 09:07:55 pm »
A friend of mine (rabid tory, sigh) insists that the photo of the boy is staged:

“This photograph is staged. If you look on the right you will see that there is a bed in that cubicle next to him. The oxygen is placed on his chest and not being used.

“He was released from A&E an hour after the photo. This is the son of a teacher who is a liebour activist. And if that was in anyway true. Would you let your child be put on the floor and then take photographs of him and immediately send them to the mirror and yorkshire evening post in the middle of a general election to score points, or would you put them on your knee so they are comfortable, i know what I would do.”

Does he think the Doctor is also a Liebour activist?

"Dr Yvette Oade, chief medical officer at Leeds Teaching Hospitals NHS Trust, said: "Our hospitals are extremely busy at the moment and we are very sorry that Jack's family had a long wait in our emergency department.

"We are extremely sorry that there were only chairs available in the treatment room, and no bed. This falls below our usual high standards, and for this we would like to sincerely apologise to Jack and his family."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/election-2019-50717606

SoS Membership Number: 387

Online oldfordie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #6 on: December 9, 2019, 09:09:44 pm »

AFAIK. He was found a bed and spent 4 hours being observed before being allowed to go home. so people think senior management staged this photo for propaganda reasons, yeah sure, stage a photo that will make some people question their competency. the Hospital has apologised.
It might take our producers five minutes to find 60 economists who feared Brexit and five hours to find a sole voice who espoused it.
“But by the time we went on air we simply had one of each; we presented this unequal effort to our audience as balance. It wasn’t.”
               Emily Maitlis

Offline Jiminy Cricket

• Batshit fucker and Chief Yuletide Porcine Voyeur
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #7 on: December 9, 2019, 09:15:43 pm »
I doubt that Kuenssberg is deliberately biased - I think is just a useful idiot. I think she thinks that she is the person with the best inside access and revels in it. I've been reluctant to call Kuenssberg/BBC bias (and still am), but her reaction to being caught out like this is woeful. If the BBC fail to remove her (or react in a meaningful way at all), this will be telling of of even greater and wider ineptitude.

The BBC needs to radically rethink how it reports politics and its use of social media.
would rather have a wank wearing a barb wire glove
If you're chasing thrills, try a bit of auto-asphyxiation with a poppers-soaked orange in your gob.

Offline Mutton Geoff

• 'The Invigilator'
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Life is a journey, not a destination.
« Reply #8 on: December 9, 2019, 09:19:45 pm »
I doubt that Kuenssberg is deliberately biased - I think is just a useful idiot. I think she thinks that she is the person with the best inside access and revels in it. I've been reluctant to call Kuenssberg/BBC bias (and still am), but her reaction to being caught out like this is woeful. If the BBC fail to remove her (or react in a meaningful way at all), this will be telling of of even greater and wider ineptitude.

The BBC needs to radically rethink how it reports politics and its use of social media.
you need to check her CV even some of her fellow journalists are calling her out now
A world were Liars and Hypocrites are accepted and rewarded and honest people are derided!
Who voted in this lying corrupt bastard anyway

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
« Reply #9 on: December 9, 2019, 09:26:13 pm »
We are not Twitter.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.