Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10
The Boozer / Re: The small things in life that really hannoy
« Last post by moondog on Today at 08:41:13 am »
The exact same thing happened to me about ten year ago too. Must be some chicken escalope racket  going on! Had a toasted focaccia (been in London too long) with a bit of lettuce and mozerella. Absolutely fuming. :lmao

We had a big Indian takeaway for 7 people and nothing more annoying than eating the poppadoms and starters before discovering one of the meals is missing. Normally it’s mine, but not this time- too far away to go back and sort it out, had to share the food between us which was ok anyway as there is always too much!
Two proper wingers please. Pace, goals, 1-on-1 ability. Our current make up of attackers is incredibly unbalanced and it shows. Diaz and Salah out.

Isak is good but too similar to Nunez in style/position.

Summerville has been mentioned but who else? Think there were some links to Baier of Hoffenheim, who I thought was a winger but seems to play more as a forward (13 league goals this season though). Olise? Numbers look incredible plus he’s a lefty (and homegrown) but will be £60m and has an injury history. Zhegrova at Lille is meant to be a big talent. Bakayoko?
Liverpool FC Forum / Re: Mohamed Salah - Best in the World *
« Last post by Caps4444 on Today at 08:37:29 am »
I don't think it'll be an issue beyond this season. If he isn't off in the summer I'll eat my hat.

Agree, think he will be off.
We won’t get a huge amount, I’d guess 50 max, but his 350k wages come off the club.
Liverpool FC Forum / Re: The Title Race 2023/24- Jurgen's Last Dance
« Last post by Party Phil on Today at 08:35:57 am »
The disappointment is the teams we've dropped points to.

Manu - Are shit
Everton - Are shit
Palace - Have had a recent resurgence but we were at home
West Ham - Are in terrible form

Winning those games but dropping points to Villa away (4th) and Spurs home (5th) would have been far more understandable.

Good news! That can still, and probably will, happen  :wave
« Last post by God's Left Peg on Today at 08:35:34 am »
I dont think its a huge deal as a single incident.

What worries me is that going forward, Salah will inevitably play less minutes and he will have more competition.

This behaviour suggests that he wont do well with that situation.

I don't think it'll be an issue beyond this season. If he isn't off in the summer I'll eat my hat.
Have you ever left a job and tried to work a longer-term notice? Even if you have all the best intentions of seeing the big project through, doing a good handover for the new person in your role, etc, and some point you really stop caring. Their future is not your future any more, and your work motivation will drop. Maybe something a bit similar is going on, maybe not even with Klopp himself, but a lot of the coaches are also leaving. And there could be some sort of mirror effect on the players - why buy into everything your boss says, if he's not going to be your boss for much longer.

Completely agree with this. It’s a simple situation. The one man who binds the club together, including players and backroom staff, announces his imminent departure. The simple laws of human relationships dictate that the influence he has on everything starts to wane from that point onwards. He’s run out of steam, he’s no longer the owner of the plan. Brilliant though he is (we need to keep remembering the 4-3 vs Barcelona during times like this), the guy has run out of emotional energy and is now lacking buy-in from his players unless he gives them half time rollickings.

As for Slott. I know it is my duty to support the club passionately and wholeheartedly whatever the circumstances and I’ll continue to do that, but within the four walls of this forum I’m pretty sure he’s here because no bigger name wanted to inherit the very large shoes that Klopp is leaving behind. It’s too much of a risk for the already established managerial elite. In this specific scenario their reputation can only be diminished by the move (if it goes wrong) or maintained (if it goes well). Only someone who is in their development stage will see the LFC job as a sensible opportunity right now. Good luck to him but unless he can win over some rather fatigued players, most of who only moved here cos of Klopp, I fear it won’t end well. I suspect a lot of the older bigger name transfers of recent years will move on or disappear down the pecking order as Slott focuses on getting the youngsters to buy in to him. I think next years line up will look more like our injury hit League Cup win than the sides we played against Palace and West Ham.
Liverpool FC Forum / Re: Are you enjoying it?
« Last post by God's Left Peg on Today at 08:34:03 am »
Yes, I am enjoying it. LFC is one of the great loves of my life. Been a fan since a nipper, can just about remember back to Kenny coming in, and everything since. I live overseas these days and watch all our games on tv.

Obviously there are issues. Man City are cheats and the Prem needs to be strong, and thorough, to see that through.
The refereeing is bad, and Tomkins wrote a large piece that strongly suggests deeper issues than them just being bad.

So I’m not blind to the issues.

With the tiniest bit of luck, Klopp could be leaving with 3 league titles and 3 CL titles. He has been a great leader and great manager for us. But all things come to an end, and his time is coming to a close.

We have a very good squad and some great youngsters coming through. A new manager is on the way. I’m excited to see what he will do. We have a structure at the club that will hopefully set him up to succeed. There are a few issues in the squad to resolve and I am looking forward to seeing how we handle it.

Gutted this season hit the wall late on. After unexpectedly getting into a title fight, I would have loved to win it - for the players, fans, and especially our great leader Jurgen Klopp. But it wasn’t to be. Instead we have a cup in the bag, a probable third spot in the league, and a new chapter is about to begin with the club in a strong position.

Yes, I am enjoying it, warts and all. Our games are in my diary, I will arrange work things around it if I can, I watch with my lad, I phone my dad back in England to talk about it all and it gives me a sense of where I am from and an abiding connection to my roots… yes, I am enjoying it.

YNWA

What's/where's the Tomkins article?
« Last post by jepovic on Today at 08:33:17 am »
I dont think its a huge deal as a single incident.

What worries me is that going forward, Salah will inevitably play less minutes and he will have more competition.

This behaviour suggests that he wont do well with that situation.
« Last post by Caps4444 on Today at 08:32:00 am »
Just a tiff that was played out in public, which it shouldn’t have been.
No, it’s not a good look and Mo shouldn’t have flapped and made a scene and he’s in the wrong.

Playing devil’s advocate, if the issue was not waiting a bit further back to do the handshake etc…..perhaps Jurgen should have just done the fist bump and not said anything knowing Mo was annoyed? I agree Mo to blame, but could have all,been handled better
Liverpool FC Forum / Re: Are you enjoying it?
« Last post by Party Phil on Today at 08:31:35 am »
Good parts from bradders and Jwils. As the excitement of the Klopp era dissipates, I find myself asking when was the last time football actually brought me joy. Even the cup wins in 2022 and 2024, did I enjoy those or did I just feel a lot of anxiety followed by relief? I think the COVID pause might have been the end of football joy for me. The way everyone tried to get the season annulled, the way even friends of mine said with straight faces that our title should have an asterisk over it... perhaps this was the tipping point where it became clear that what some call banter is really just psychological cruelty. I know, strange that this should be the tipping point when we've had 35 years of tragedy/ poverty chanting, but I suppose it was just the sheer lack of acknowledgement of excellence that did it for me. Like, I despised Ferguson with a passion, and might have mitigated some of his accomplishments, but I always respected his undeniable greatness. That has gone from the game, spirited away by brazen cheating, washed away in oceans of cash and political power plays, obfuscated by confected outrage and false equivalence. All that's left is a vehicle for hatred in a disintegrating society. The last bastion of decency is exiting the stage and the audience are shouting good riddance you c*nt.

This strikes a chord with me. The last game I remember really going mad celebrating was the CL win against Tottenham. The league win kind of passed me by, mainly due to COVID, and the CL final in Paris sucked any remaining joy from the game.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10