Author Topic: Ra-ra-ra-rafa Benitez...  (Read 134711 times)

Offline ceered

• RAWK Supporter
  • Main Stander
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Ra-ra-ra-rafa Benitez...
« Reply #320 on: January 15, 2010, 11:48:34 pm »
Loved Rafa's interview today. Sums him up really. A thoroughly decent bloke who is genuine and humble. He know's what it really means to support LFC, he is a Red and is without a doubt still the best man we could have as manager.
Also thought his "facts" today was the perfect way to man-manage the media; not bad from someone who apparently doesn't have a clue how to man-manage!

Offline 12Kings

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #321 on: January 16, 2010, 12:05:09 am »
Backin Rafa all the way. fuck em all, Rafa is the KopFather.

Offline lukeb1981

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #322 on: January 16, 2010, 12:13:47 am »
think a lot of people are starting to see how much of a witch hunt this is , we had pulis ,redknapp and ancelotti come out today backing rafa,he does not deserve this shit is getting .we have been fucked up with injuries this season but we are only 12 points off the top

Offline lukeb1981

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #323 on: January 16, 2010, 12:22:46 am »
dont mean to be spreading rumours but might be something good for rafa one of gin soaks bum chums seems to be getting the bullet ,fat head at blackburn.Rafa might get a bit of a break off the media while they speculate about this

Offline Mad Men

• Been there. Done that.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • You never saw me. I was never here.
« Reply #324 on: January 16, 2010, 12:28:57 am »
Time to fix bayonets and to give em a what for....english style..
This is what we do. And we do it very well. Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5bM8gOyjeuc

Offline Giono

• Legacy Fan
  • And stop calling me Shirley
« Reply #325 on: January 16, 2010, 12:37:40 am »
If he wants to apologize to the fans for the shite that he has been producing these last few months, I don't think sarcastically talking about "facts" is the best thing to do. It's not a joke. it's a serious matter.

Yes it is. The point is to reduce stress not increase it. That's what good managers do. Watch Harry Redknapps comments and how he thinks Rafa is a cool customer and won't lose his head.

True supporters don't want a soap opera and a witch hunt. We want victories.

All of us here want victories and we are all pissed that we have lost some matches. Watch Rafa's comments again. He wasn't mocking US the supporters. He appologised to us and he talked about how they were all working on bringing us a victory against Stoke.

He was mocking the journos. They want drama and they want blood and tales of ruin. He didn't feed the machine. Fact: He mocked them.

"I am a great believer in luck and the harder I work the more of it I have." Stephen Leacock

Offline Finn Solomon

• Life sentence
  • Legacy Fan
  • I love Coutinho's balls
« Reply #326 on: January 16, 2010, 12:39:34 am »
Yes it is. The point is to reduce stress not increase it. That's what good managers do. Watch Harry Redknapps comments and how he thinks Rafa is a cool customer and won't lose his head.

All of us here want victories and we are all pissed that we have lost some matches. Watch Rafa's comments again. He wasn't mocking US the supporters. He appologised to us and he talked about how they were all working on bringing us a victory against Stoke.

He was mocking the journos. They want drama and they want blood and tales of ruin. He didn't feed the machine. Fact: He mocked them.

This is the truth.
Twitter - FinnSolomon
Rafa made it so that you didn't give a shit which fucking ball emerged from Platini's jar.

Offline Fanxxxxtastic

• Will be very sadly missed on RAWK and elsewhere.
  • RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm a proud cyber terrorist!
« Reply #327 on: January 16, 2010, 12:42:51 am »

Exactly.  A spot on post.

I'm sick to death of the shit that Rafa's had to put up with since he's been our boss.
http://twitter.com/Fanxxxxtastic

"A big heart has space for everyone" - Rafa Benitez

Smash the cull!  Smash the BNP!

Offline sunny_LFC

• Internet Terrorist
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #328 on: January 16, 2010, 12:53:58 am »
110% behind him
In Rafa I Trust .. he's he best thing happend to our club in the last 20 years or so ..
Quote from: liverpoolway forum user
They lock everything on RAWK, unless it's some long winded, pretentious 'tactical' assessment or a pithy in joke from one of their mates.
"my secretary Sheila said to me that the ball had crossed the line,  that was good enough for me"

Offline mugsy

• Anny Roader
« Reply #329 on: January 16, 2010, 12:54:22 am »
Rafa we all know is not the greatest man management.  Maybe what Rafa needs is another coach to be the man manger the players need - like a Ronny Moran who will bollock the players when they are crap.  Perhaps to bring someone like Gary Mac in.  To be fair to Rafa he has got lots of jobs on at the moment more work than last year with taking control of the academy. 

To all lurkers from other clubs "greetings!"

Offline RAOTW

• Main Stander
« Reply #330 on: January 16, 2010, 12:57:53 am »
Didn't realise Rafa did the facts thing, am only seeing the interview on SSN now.

Has only endeared me even more to draw ranks and get behind him.

Hope the players can respond tomorrow.
Oh yeah what a great motivator! "The main thing we can do now is to prepare properly for the game, and we will try to do this and see if we can improve against Stoke" not we will improve or anything hard line like the fuckers need its the same old bullshit! Our best chance of finishin fourth is to get rid but that wont happen because of fuckin cash. If Rafa who i hold dearly let me tell you gave a shit about us the true custodians he would walk away with nowt and let us move on without exploiting the situation we are in to his own stubborn gain again! Pathetic interview tells us nothing new! gutless like the team he puts out! Anyone who thinks SHANKLY would accept that shite is clueless! go and support the SAMARATANS

Offline Giono

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #331 on: January 16, 2010, 12:58:04 am »
Arsenal didn't get knocked out of the Champions League group stages or get knocked out of the FA Cup by one of the worst teams in the Championship.

Arsenal didn't have owners that looked capable of destroying a great club. The Rafa story gets bigger play because the journos are smelling ruin and chaos from the last few years of turmoil in the boardroom. They aren't blind, just mean-spirited gossips.

They can't wait for the next Newcastle, Leeds, etc. Arsenal was never threatening to turn into that kind of a disaster. We, unfortunately are looking vulnerable. So Rafa gets the treatment.

"I am a great believer in luck and the harder I work the more of it I have." Stephen Leacock

Offline Giono

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #332 on: January 16, 2010, 01:09:31 am »
Rafa we all know is not the greatest man management.  Maybe what Rafa needs is another coach to be the man manger the players need - like a Ronny Moran who will bollock the players when they are crap.  Perhaps to bring someone like Gary Mac in.  To be fair to Rafa he has got lots of jobs on at the moment more work than last year with taking control of the academy. 

The man management myth is ridiculous.

Has he got more out of Carra and Gerrard than the previous manager?
Has he got more out of Mascherano than the previous manager?
Has he got more out of Riera than when he was last in the league?
Is Kuyt not a more complete footballer under Rafa?
Was Crouch a better player when he left?

There is more than one way to get more juice from the orange. And this spell of injuries has shown that rafa has indeed got more juice from a lean orange.

That he didn't turn freebies like Voronin and Degen into heroes is not down to man-management.

That he didn't turn Cisse, Pennant, and Babel into model professionals. Is that his failure?

The man ain't a saint, but he certainly has lots of myths about him. :)

Offline gritsvanilla

• Legacy Fan
  • A Light Souffle With Razor Blades
« Reply #333 on: January 16, 2010, 01:10:11 am »
Haven't posted much on the forum of late as let's be honest it's been pretty dire on here for the past few months now and the quality of the posts has deteriorated as rapidly as the form of our beloved club but i simply must add my voice to this thread in support of the Liverpool Legend that is Rafa Benitez, the best manager we've had since Dalglish and a true gent in the same class as the great managers who went before him.

Those of us who prepared to see the bigger picture regarding our current malaise know exactly where the problems are within the club and Rafa is certainly not one of them, sure he makes mistakes, show me a manager who doesn't but in the 5 years he's been here he has got far more right than he has got wrong, he's an innovator, a tactical genius and a man who is able to fight way above his weight, he is everything Shanks, Paisley, Fagan and Kenny were and right now he deserves the support of every true red, he could also do with one or two of his big players showing like they actually care for the club.

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bravery is believing in yourself" Rafael Benitez
    • I coulda been a contenda.....
« Reply #334 on: January 16, 2010, 01:14:46 am »
Oh yeah what a great motivator! "The main thing we can do now is to prepare properly for the game, and we will try to do this and see if we can improve against Stoke" not we will improve or anything hard line like the fuckers need its the same old bullshit! Our best chance of finishin fourth is to get rid but that wont happen because of fuckin cash. If Rafa who i hold dearly let me tell you gave a shit about us the true custodians he would walk away with nowt and let us move on without exploiting the situation we are in to his own stubborn gain again! Pathetic interview tells us nothing new! gutless like the team he puts out! Anyone who thinks SHANKLY would accept that shite is clueless! go and support the SAMARATANS

And how would you propose we move on? Who is going to come in and do a better job given our financial state?
What did you want him to say today? ''We'll hammer Stoke, they're shite long ball merchants".??
Or are you taking it that his press conference is represntative of his teamtalk at Melwood?
It's true to say that if Shankly had told us to invade Poland we'd be queuing up 10 deep all the way from Anfield to the Pier Head.

Offline RAOTW

• Main Stander
« Reply #335 on: January 16, 2010, 01:32:30 am »
And how would you propose we move on? Who is going to come in and do a better job given our financial state?
What did you want him to say today? ''We'll hammer Stoke, they're shite long ball merchants".??
Or are you taking it that his press conference is represntative of his teamtalk at Melwood?
Very much so theres a fine line between confidence/motivation hes hoping rather that drumming it into them that regardless of the result they have to have a go! I wont sing RAFA OUT and all the shite that brings but vent my anger I will! Some dick near me the other nite started singing jose mourinho's name when the pen went in it made me sick and he was told to shut the fuck up it it makes me cringe stuff like that but RAFA is kidding us! Cheating the fans as shanks would say and that is not on! Why no apology straight after the game! Has he been told to! We must move on, s RED TINTED RAFA fans don't know your Black and white! First is FIrst second is nowhere! if you want to watch totally shit football for another 5 years back the manager you sad individuals and be dictated to by a man who cares only for his own way of thinking then do it! Think you all need a dose of the GREAT MAN SHANKS TO WAKE YOU UP GOD HE WOULD hang him out to dry!

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #336 on: January 16, 2010, 01:45:02 am »
Very much so theres a fine line between confidence/motivation hes hoping rather that drumming it into them that regardless of the result they have to have a go! I wont sing RAFA OUT and all the shite that brings but vent my anger I will! Some dick near me the other nite started singing jose mourinho's name when the pen went in it made me sick and he was told to shut the fuck up it it makes me cringe stuff like that but RAFA is kidding us! Cheating the fans as shanks would say and that is not on! Why no apology straight after the game! Has he been told to! We must move on, s RED TINTED RAFA fans don't know your Black and white! First is FIrst second is nowhere! if you want to watch totally shit football for another 5 years back the manager you sad individuals and be dictated to by a man who cares only for his own way of thinking then do it! Think you all need a dose of the GREAT MAN SHANKS TO WAKE YOU UP GOD HE WOULD hang him out to dry!

For the next 5 years you say? WHat do you base that on, our current plight? Did you not go the match last season? Did you miss out on our European excursions for the past five seasons and see what we're capable of under this man?
Hey look I'm not blind, I've posted my dissatisfaction on here in regards to how we've been playing also, you'd be pretty foolish
to be a happy Liverpool fan right now given our shocking decline in form this season but I will not go against a manager who has restablished us a force in both british and european football, as countless other posters and threads have stated on here, the man deserves our respect and support although that's obviously a bridge too far for supporters like yourself who would rather hope for hypothetical outcomes like Rafa walking. You already stated above that cash is the problem, do you not think that you're being a bit hypocritical then? He's doing his best with what's at his disposal but for one reason or another it's gone pear shaped this season but given the amount of bad luck, poor refereeing decisions and the way we've been ravaged by injuries it shouldn't be that much of a shock or surprise that we're struggling, but those facts, excuse the terms of the day are forgotten when the pressure and spotlight are on,
we've become accustomed to the dramatic, and some people who want him to go are failing to see the bigger picture, and what benitez has begun building from the academy up now that he is able to exercise the control he sought from day one. Saying that, before it's thrown back at me, I'm as disillusioned as any Red with our current form but we've actually been through worse spells in the last decade and come out of it and I'm backing Rafa to guide us through this one, I have faith in him, you don't, that's all there is to it.
It's true to say that if Shankly had told us to invade Poland we'd be queuing up 10 deep all the way from Anfield to the Pier Head.

Offline gritsvanilla

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #337 on: January 16, 2010, 01:45:11 am »

Wow Where to begin? The same Shanks who went 5 years without a trophy yet the fans back then still supported him and believed, of course if they hadn't and if after the Watford Cup debacle the board had got rid it is highly likely we wouldn't be the distinguished 5 time European Cup, 18 League Titles Club we are today...so you were saying?

Offline RAOTW

• Main Stander
« Reply #338 on: January 16, 2010, 01:50:30 am »
Wow Where to begin? The same Shanks who went 5 years without a trophy yet the fans back then still supported him and believed, of course if they hadn't and if after the Watford Cup debacle the board had got rid it is highly likely we wouldn't be the distinguished 5 time European Cup, 18 League Titles Club we are today...so you were saying?
Read up on your history mate! he took us from nothing total recluse! to a different level altogether! He made us! Listen and read up the way he made us! us then went again and rebuilt! hence 1974!

Offline RAOTW

• Main Stander
« Reply #339 on: January 16, 2010, 02:01:46 am »
For the next 5 years you say? WHat do you base that on, our current plight? Did you not go the match last season? Did you miss out on our European excursions for the past five seasons and see what we're capable of under this man?
Hey look I'm not blind, I've posted my dissatisfaction on here in regards to how we've been playing also, you'd be pretty foolish
to be a happy Liverpool fan right now given our shocking decline in form this season but I will not go against a manager who has restablished us a force in both british and european football, as countless other posters and threads have stated on here, the man deserves our respect and support although that's obviously a bridge too far for supporters like yourself who would rather hope for hypothetical outcomes like Rafa walking. You already stated above that cash is the problem, do you not think that you're being a bit hypocritical then? He's doing his best with what's at his disposal but for one reason or another it's gone pear shaped this season but given the amount of bad luck, poor refereeing decisions and the way we've been ravaged by injuries it shouldn't be that much of a shock or surprise that we're struggling, but those facts, excuse the terms of the day are forgotten when the pressure and spotlight are on,
we've become accustomed to the dramatic, and some people who want him to go are failing to see the bigger picture, and what benitez has begun building from the academy up now that he is able to exercise the control he sought from day one. Saying that, before it's thrown back at me, I'm as disillusioned as any Red with our current form but we've actually been through worse spells in the last decade and come out of it and I'm backing Rafa to guide us through this one, I have faith in him, you don't, that's all there is to it.
Yes every game bar 1 and more than half the aways! and even then i could see the faults that now lye with us ask any lad i go with my views remained the same! we were poor and i blame Rafa for us not winning that league last year did at the time and do now. Worst spells Did you go the other nite did you look the players in the face did you watch how bad we really have become i doubt it! maybe we differ on how football should be played etc but FACTS are fuckin FACTS! Injuries, bad luck all that shite BLAH BLAH FUCKIN BLAH dont count for the playing of players out of position the negative shite football in certain games the terrible substitutions,BAd signing, BAD man management! Owning up to your mistakes! No plan B! Faith in players who are not fit to wear the shirt? I wouldnt trust the man to buy a packet of crisps 90 players 5 seasons is FUCKIN unforgivable 5 world class remain. that my friend is a fact.  think about what you are defending pal bad luck, fuck off are we EVERTON now!

Offline gritsvanilla

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #340 on: January 16, 2010, 02:04:48 am »
Read up on your history mate! he took us from nothing total recluse! to a different level altogether! He made us! Listen and read up the way he made us! us then went again and rebuilt! hence 1974!

I know my history mate, i've been supporting us for 39 years now and i know everything Shanks done for this great club and i am eternally grateful for him for that, my point was that whilst he may have taken us from the old second division and brought us League and Cup glory by 67/68 right through till 72 there was a lean spell in which we struggled and Shanks himself struggled to replace an aging side yet in spite of this both the fans and the board backed him which of course led to the Championship in 73, the UEFA Cup and of course that great win in one of the most one sided FA Cup Finals ever in '74, had he been sacked say for instance after Watford in 70, remember we'd already gone 3 seasons without a trophy and like the current side we were also struggling in the league, then we would probably not have gone on to achieve those glorious triumphs.

Rafa who lest we forget has took us to 2 CL finals (winning one), won the FA Cup and got us closer than anybody else since Kenny to ending our league hoodoo is currently having his first really bad spell as manager in the 5 years since he arrived and yet unlike Shanks you wanna dismiss him and not wait to see the triumphs and silverware that i am convinced will arrive as long as he remains, that seems very contradictory to me.

Offline gritsvanilla

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #341 on: January 16, 2010, 02:07:33 am »
Yes every game bar 1 and more than half the aways! and even then i could see the faults that now lye with us ask any lad i go with my views remained the same! we were poor and i blame Rafa for us not winning that league last year did at the time and do now. Worst spells Did you go the other nite did you look the players in the face did you watch how bad we really have become i doubt it! maybe we differ on how football should be played etc but FACTS are fuckin FACTS! Injuries, bad luck all that shite BLAH BLAH FUCKIN BLAH dont count for the playing of players out of position the negative shite football in certain games the terrible substitutions,BAd signing, BAD man management! Owning up to your mistakes! No plan B! Faith in players who are not fit to wear the shirt? I wouldnt trust the man to buy a packet of crisps 90 players 5 seasons is FUCKIN unforgivable 5 world class remain. that my friend is a fact.  think about what you are defending pal bad luck, fuck off are we EVERTON now!

Are you 12?

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #342 on: January 16, 2010, 02:14:50 am »
fuck off are we EVERTON now!

Give it a rest with that shite eh? And the whole 'were you there?' routine is tiresome aswell.
I was there when we took the mancs apart without our captain or maybe you have let your bitterness
forget about the fact that when we apply ourselves we're a match for anyone even with this squad of players
that you clearly don't rate. Grits has said it all with the post above.

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Guru Jim
« Reply #343 on: January 16, 2010, 02:16:35 am »
Remember - make this personal and all parties take a holiday for handbagging. Keep it real.

Offline RedAtHeart

• Kopite
« Reply #344 on: January 16, 2010, 02:20:01 am »
Fucking tired of all the doom merchants on here. Go on Rafa, I feel confident you will pick a side that will twat Stoke tomorrow, and we will beat those fucking Spurs witouth Stevie and Nando.
Boom

Offline RAOTW

• Main Stander
« Reply #345 on: January 16, 2010, 02:21:41 am »
Are you 12?
Im 6 years old a week on Saturday can you buy me a few copies of roy of the rover please but make it become real for me like you and your mates think liverpool fc now is. cool

Offline RedManik

• Boys Pen
« Reply #346 on: January 16, 2010, 02:29:24 am »
1000% behind you, Rafa! Hope you are aware that lots of supporters still believe in you.

Offline shanklyboy

• OCB Enforcer.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #347 on: January 16, 2010, 02:30:56 am »
Im 6 years old a week on Saturday can you buy me a few copies of roy of the rover please but make it become real for me like you and your mates think liverpool fc now is. cool

Either you didn't read the OP or you did and chose to fuck it off in favour of enlightening us.

Just to remind you it's a thread in support of Benitez and asked for positives only.
It's clear that you can't do either of them so do us all a favour mate and start another thread that doesn't support Benitez and asks for negatives only.

It's not hard is it?

See how many Shankly quotes or references you can come up with in that one.
The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie — deliberate, contrived and dishonest — but the myth — persistent, persuasive and unrealistic.

John F. Kennedy.
www.savelfc.org

Offline Red_Rich

• Legacy Fan
  • Fan since Liverpool 5 Stoke 3 in 1976
« Reply #348 on: January 16, 2010, 02:47:28 am »

Sometimes I think it's time Rafa blew his top and told the journos to do one.  Let Sammy Lee do some interviews from time to time like Phelan does at United.

But then I think again and say, no, the way he doesn't rise to their bait, smirks and answers them in riddles, must piss them off even more.

Top fella.
United used to win titles on easy street, time for us to take over that real estate

Offline FernandoTourettes

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #349 on: January 16, 2010, 02:56:10 am »
Lets keep this thread on topic, plenty of others to have a go. I'm glad this thread exists and I'm behind Rafa 100%. He deserves our support this season and the next to turn this around.

Offline redway101

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #350 on: January 16, 2010, 02:57:01 am »
Stick with him ffs. We're a real pampered lot aren't we? Try supporting a division 2 or conference side like a couple of my mates do. So what if we finish 7th? Let's give the manager some support. Football is so fucking money orientated now. I'd rather finish 5th than try and buy 4th.

Online UntouchableLuis

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #351 on: January 16, 2010, 03:00:13 am »
The past few days have been testing times for everyone, a week where we should have been buoyant over a possible astute capture in the January transfer window has turned into a week of hell. But I disagree with Hansen in his article where he says Rafa's under more pressure than Houllier and Evans were.

I think getting knocked out the FA cup was seen as a nail in this season's coffin if you like but what people are forgetting, and it's worth forgetting mind, is that barring the win in 2006 in the cup we've been consistantly woeful in the competition even when we were playing well.

We've been knocked out by Burnley and Barnsely in recent seasons, suffered a painful Derby exit and were almost humiliated by Havant and Waterlooville. Failure in this cup is nothing new sadly, it's not down to Rafa losing the plot or losing the dressing room because you'd have to argue that was the case in all those cup exits as well. My point is because of the context of the season, the media have gone into a frenzy about it where normally they wouldn't have the knives quite as sharp. I feel we're having the short term woes rammed down our throats at the minute forcing a lot of people not to consider the larger picture. People have lost patience because the Media have made out that it's literally the end of the season - it's not, we still have so many games to play and so many points to fight for in the league as well as a winnable European trophy. We desperately need to get behind the team and the manager because we could still salvage something from this season.

I think how the media have treated Rafa this week has been absolutely disgusting, never in a million years would Ferguson or Wenger be belittled as Rafa has yet United also went out the cup to lower league opposition and have made some very questionable tranfers in and out the club during the summer.

At the end of the day football has become more competative than ever with cash injections of absurd amounts. You can't win something every season (tell that to Arsenal fans). Sometimes even, you'll underachieve massively, there's no explanation for it, it just depends on a number of circumstances that occur that season. Has Rafa done a lot in his 5 years here so far? A European cup, an FA cup, several finals and an overhaul of an average team into one with genuine class. Don't let the press fool you, there's quality in our side, we're just finding it impossible to show it as morale has sunk to a new low and everyone's feeling the pressure. A few wins on the bounce will change that I'm sure. Rafa's managerial capabilities shouldn't be in question. He'll feel some pressure but get rid of him and it's fool us. Rafa will recover, he'll have a huge wad of cash in his pocket as he flies to Milan or Madrid where he'll be welcomed with open arms. Would we recover? If The American's judged Klinsman to be the man to take us forward then I would fear for us.

Rafa will get us out of this mess.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2010, 03:05:51 am by UntouchableLuis »
"IT'S ENDED.....THE EUROPEAN CUP IS RETURNING TO ENGLAND AND TO ANFIELD."

Offline Sat1

• Banned
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #352 on: January 16, 2010, 08:44:12 am »
Love the man. Behind him 100%

Offline adwhite40

• Legacy Fan
  • And Could He Play!
« Reply #353 on: January 16, 2010, 08:56:04 am »
Just been reading through this, and as proud as I am to be a Liverpool Fan, this has made me feel that little more prouder! We as a club may be gonig through change, but our supporters will never change!

Through the good and the not so good, we have faith!
"Above all, I would like to be remembered as a man who was selfless, who strove and worried so that others could share the glory, and who built up a family of people who could hold their heads up high and say... WE ARE LIVERPOOL." - Bill Shankly

Offline lgvkarlos

• Finnished with his shit punnery now.....
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #354 on: January 16, 2010, 09:15:40 am »
Have got to the point were only a leugue win under Rafa would be satisfying. Imagine all the gloating from the media if Maureen cam in and won the title .    Rafa has been loyal to lfc through all the shit now he needs the support returned.     
My favourite Rafa moment has to be the cricket interview.  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RgjtfEWtb6c
 ;D

Offline reds88

• Kopite
« Reply #355 on: January 16, 2010, 09:21:28 am »

Maureen won't come unless there's a fortune in transfer funds available for him.  This is asides from the fact that I don't like him for the handling of ashleygate, his treatment of referees...

Offline proudred

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #356 on: January 16, 2010, 09:29:55 am »
Rafa.

Offline Mad Men

• Been there. Done that.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • You never saw me. I was never here.
« Reply #357 on: January 16, 2010, 09:34:46 am »

Sometimes I think it's time Rafa blew his top and told the journos to do one.  Let Sammy Lee do some interviews from time to time like Phelan does at United.

But then I think again and say, no, the way he doesn't rise to their bait, smirks and answers them in riddles, must piss them off even more.

Top fella.

The gaffer won't do that. He accepts he is responsible for the team and he has to answer for the problems this season. Now thats what I call taking it on the chin..which is more than I can say for our bankers in the UK..\

This is what we do. And we do it very well. Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5bM8gOyjeuc

Offline Leighc1979

• Kopite
« Reply #358 on: January 16, 2010, 09:48:02 am »
The new Graham Taylor in terms of how the press are gunning for him?

Offline Purple Aki Fitness Club

• Main Stander
  • Student Discounts Available!
« Reply #359 on: January 16, 2010, 11:42:24 am »
Bill Shankly once went 7 years without winning anything.If he was LFC manager today the Gutter press and glory hunters would have called for his head also.Have faith,patience, show others why liverpool fans are different.If we start sacking people after a poor run of form, we become just like everybody else. History indicated that the most successful clubs stick with their managers, even during bad times