Author Topic: Suarez: Now officially an LFC player  (Read 172471 times)

Offline abs-ibs

• Legacy Fan
Re: Suarez: Now officially an LFC player
« Reply #2400 on: February 1, 2011, 08:08:15 pm »
I am really buzzing still about both our new signings. Still hasn't sunk in. C'mon luis n andy. Lets get 4th place n the europa cup.

Offline stoopid yank

• Legacy Fan
  • Bird is the Word
« Reply #2401 on: February 1, 2011, 08:12:16 pm »
Aplogise if already posted , but on Suarez’ website:

Hello everyone. As you guys know from the Press, my transfer to Liverpool is now official. I want to thank Ajax for those wonderful 3 years and a half I spent in Amsterdam , where I've been so happy and pride to wear and defend Ajax colours. Special thanks to all my fans for supporting me and to all people who helped me during last years. I will always have you guys in my heart. I am starting a new adventure now with a very important club. I want to thank them for the strong effort They've done to count on me. I am going to work hard day by day to give them back the trust they have in me. Thank you everybody. C'mon Liverpool

Class!

Yep - that is an example of how to leave a club on good terms...
I don't always listen to Black Sabbath, but when I do, so do the neighbors.

Offline jimbolfc86

• Anny Roader
« Reply #2402 on: February 1, 2011, 08:15:45 pm »
Had a quick look through past few pages and couldnt see anything but does anyone know\has anyone heard of where his work permit thing is up to?

I presume it won't clear in time for tomorrow night?
when you hear the noise of the bill shankly boys....

Offline the_red_pill

• Hasn't got a fucking clue when the Reds are playing next.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Frankly my dear...
« Reply #2403 on: February 1, 2011, 08:16:27 pm »
I am really buzzing still about both our new signings. Still hasn't sunk in. C'mon luis n andy. Lets get 4th place n the europa cup.
Yip- I remember thinking before yesterday evening that if the prospect of a UEFA Cup is not enough for Torres, he may need to go. We've got other players now who will relish that trophy. Reina will, Gerrard + Carra will(they're LFC through-n-through), Johnson, Maxi, Kuyt, Kelly, Lucas, Raul, Andy, Luis, Ngoggie etc...

Don't think they will scoff at that trophy. We've got 2 trophies to set our sights on and I can't wait to meet Barca in the 2nd one. It's going to be a mouth-watering event that.
"Some listen to understand. Others listen to respond."
"A fool does not delight in understanding, but only in revealing his own mind."
In such a sumptuous festival of shite, I wouldn't be so quick to pick a winner..

But he'd make the shortlist

Offline JoeCole

• Spoiler!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2404 on: February 1, 2011, 08:19:49 pm »
Had a quick look through past few pages and couldnt see anything but does anyone know\has anyone heard of where his work permit thing is up to?

I presume it won't clear in time for tomorrow night?

From twitter so take with a pinch of salt:

empireofthekop
From what I understand Suarez flew back to Dublin to have his work permit completed, he is back in Liverpool now

Offline PEPELAGRAN

• Main Stander
  • YNWA
    • Twitter
« Reply #2405 on: February 1, 2011, 08:28:43 pm »
His armband proved he was a red Suarez, Suarez

You'll never walk alone it says Suarez, Suarez,

He bought the band from a lad in spain,

Tall blonde hair, forgotten his name

Luis Suarez Liverpools number 7

Our Uryaguan's off his head, Suarez Suarez
Dont piss him off he'll bite yer neck, Suarez Suarez
We bought the lad from Amsterdam
But now he lives just by me nan
Luis Suarez Liverpool's number 7

ahem..yeh..i'll get me coat.  :wave
When I’ve got nothing better to do, I look down the league table to see how Everton are getting along.

Follow Me On Twitter

Offline jimbolfc86

• Anny Roader
« Reply #2406 on: February 1, 2011, 08:38:00 pm »
From twitter so take with a pinch of salt:

empireofthekop
From what I understand Suarez flew back to Dublin to have his work permit completed, he is back in Liverpool now

cheers, will be nice to see him in the squad

Our Uryaguan's off his head, Suarez Suarez
Dont piss him off he'll bite yer neck, Suarez Suarez
We bought the lad from Amsterdam
But now he lives just by me nan
Luis Suarez Liverpool's number 7

ahem..yeh..i'll get me coat.  :wave

am i the only one who doesn't want an alternate torres song for either carroll or suarez? we should re-invent the torres song as a general lfc song, or bring back the "on the bus to villa park haroo, haroo"

« Last Edit: February 1, 2011, 08:41:27 pm by jimbolfc86 »
when you hear the noise of the bill shankly boys....

Offline PEPELAGRAN

• Main Stander
  • YNWA
    • Twitter
« Reply #2407 on: February 1, 2011, 09:53:40 pm »

am i the only one who doesn't want an alternate El Ninny song for either carroll or suarez? we should re-invent the El Ninny song as a general lfc song, or bring back the "on the bus to villa park haroo, haroo"

I'd prefer the tune be abandoned completely to be honest yeh. Other sets of fans are starting to copy it anyway.

Be mint if we could get a south american style one going for Suarez, sort of like the Sos Cagon sort of  thing.

That being said...he hasnt even kicked a ball yet!
When I’ve got nothing better to do, I look down the league table to see how Everton are getting along.

Follow Me On Twitter

Offline redmark

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2408 on: February 1, 2011, 10:09:50 pm »
As a 42 year old man, I'm sort of 'shy' of posting in this thread for fear of jinxing things. More than Carroll, I am absolutely desperately excited to see Suarez play for us in the no. 7 shirt. This could be a landmark signing.

Stop whining : https://spiritofshankly.com/ : https://thefsa.org.uk/join/ : https://reclaimourgame.com/
The focus now should not be on who the owners are, but limits on what owners can do without formal supporter agreement. At all clubs.

Offline Paul JH

• Elmer Fudd. I'm a witch! A WITCH!
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Don't do drugs..."
« Reply #2409 on: February 1, 2011, 10:13:15 pm »
As a 42 year old man, I'm sort of 'shy' of posting in this thread for fear of jinxing things. More than Carroll, I am absolutely desperately excited to see Suarez play for us in the no. 7 shirt. This could be a landmark signing.

Agreed. And the pressure has been taken off him slightly with everyone focussing on Carroll and his fee. Can't wait to see him.
Can he play tomorrow?
Sarcastic Net Pest and Sanctimonious Arse.

Offline SpesRan

• Main Stander
« Reply #2410 on: February 1, 2011, 10:18:50 pm »
I'd prefer the tune be abandoned completely to be honest yeh. Other sets of fans are starting to copy it anyway.

Couldn't agree more.

Online DangerScouse

• "You picked on the wrong city!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2411 on: February 1, 2011, 10:23:06 pm »

Offline JWAlonso

• Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #2412 on: February 1, 2011, 10:23:41 pm »

Agreed, Torres tune needs to be stopped.

Anyway, the thought off Suarez running around being a little skill full poacher, while Big Carroll holding the ball up, linking up play and banging in goals from 25 yards out sounds so promising. Can't wait to see both off them in the same line up!
"At The End Of The Storm, There Is A Golden Sky"

Offline Dr Manhattan

• I discovered and developed fucktron. That's right, me. It's my word and, frankly, anyone trying to take credit for it is nothing short of a fucktron.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Officially the 7th best poster you'll see on here.
« Reply #2413 on: February 1, 2011, 10:24:23 pm »
Could eat an apple through a fucking letterbox.
I trust the King, but if we lose a few more on the trot now - he may have to step aside, and we have to purchase another manager in the middle of the season. If we are relegated, this could be the end of our ambitions to win any title the next 100 years.

Offline unusg

• heron
  • Kopite
  • first is first. second is nowhere !!
« Reply #2414 on: February 1, 2011, 10:26:40 pm »
Time to dump the El Ninny tune.

lets keep up our reputation for innovative new songs instead of regurgitating old ones.

Offline Kashinoda

• More broken biscuits than made of crisps
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ....mmm
« Reply #2415 on: February 1, 2011, 10:28:10 pm »
The most overshadowed big money signing in the history of football.
:D

Offline Shaneee.

• Siannn's alter ego
  • Anny Roader
  • Y N W A
« Reply #2416 on: February 1, 2011, 10:29:42 pm »
Hopefully can live up to the hype..my gut feeling is that he will

You'll Never Walk Alone

Offline Rohit

• nol
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2417 on: February 1, 2011, 10:31:10 pm »
If he can adapt to the league quickly and produce his ajax form i think we have some player on our hands, canabalism aside.

Offline Dr Manhattan

• I discovered and developed fucktron. That's right, me. It's my word and, frankly, anyone trying to take credit for it is nothing short of a fucktron.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Officially the 7th best poster you'll see on here.
« Reply #2418 on: February 1, 2011, 10:33:47 pm »
The most overshadowed big money signing in the history of football.

Yep, it's quite incredible really. Solely because of the Torres and Carroll stories this has almost gone by unnoticed and practically unannounced.

I'm much much more excited about seeing this guy play than I am about seeing Carroll play. He reminds me of Tevez a lot, and it wouldn't surprise me to see him fit this league down to a tee. Give him a couple of games to find his feet and then I don't think there's much doubt that he could end the season with a fair few goals.
I trust the King, but if we lose a few more on the trot now - he may have to step aside, and we have to purchase another manager in the middle of the season. If we are relegated, this could be the end of our ambitions to win any title the next 100 years.

Offline greeny01

• Anny Roader
  • Number One is Carragher....
« Reply #2419 on: February 1, 2011, 10:35:31 pm »
I can't wait to see him turn up in a transit behind the official coach at Stanford Bridge on Sunday, and get wheeled into the ground Hannibal Lector style, Red Jump suit and mask.  Suarez gonna get you

Offline Kashinoda

• More broken biscuits than made of crisps
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ....mmm
« Reply #2420 on: February 1, 2011, 10:38:17 pm »
Yep, it's quite incredible really. Solely because of the El Ninny and Carroll stories this has almost gone by unnoticed and practically unannounced.

I'm much much more excited about seeing this guy play than I am about seeing Carroll play. He reminds me of Tevez a lot, and it wouldn't surprise me to see him fit this league down to a tee. Give him a couple of games to find his feet and then I don't think there's much doubt that he could end the season with a fair few goals.

Agree with that a lot, especially the Tevez part... can't wait to see him out there. The whole fiasco means he's going to have a bit more breathing room without a ton of pressure he might otherwise be under. And I think Carroll has the mentality to handle the shit he'll get with his price tag, it's win-win really.
:D

Offline gregorio

• Loves Chelsea's staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • At this particular moment in time
« Reply #2421 on: February 1, 2011, 10:54:59 pm »
I'm sure he'd be at home if we adapted this for him!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JxSXe0XgitE&feature=related
'When they start singing 'You’ll Never Walk Alone' my eyes start to water. There have been times when I’ve actually been crying while I’ve been playing'

Offline redmark

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2422 on: February 1, 2011, 10:57:21 pm »
Agreed. And the pressure has been taken off him slightly with everyone focussing on Carroll and his fee. Can't wait to see him.
Can he play tomorrow?

Technically, yes - registered before 5pm today is the only rule. Not played for a while, though.
Stop whining : https://spiritofshankly.com/ : https://thefsa.org.uk/join/ : https://reclaimourgame.com/
The focus now should not be on who the owners are, but limits on what owners can do without formal supporter agreement. At all clubs.

Offline rocco

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ⭐️⭐️⭐️6 Times Baby ⭐️⭐️⭐️
« Reply #2423 on: February 1, 2011, 11:26:37 pm »
He can play in the Europa cup ?

But what with Ajax dropping into it from the champions league 3rd in the group

Can he play v Ajax

Offline redmark

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2424 on: February 1, 2011, 11:30:03 pm »
He can play in the Europa cup ?

But what with Ajax dropping into it from the champions league 3rd in the group

Can he play v Ajax

No, can't play Europa at all.

Offline LiverBirdKop

• A moron. Twice. No flies on their nullshit
  • Legacy Fan
  • 51,077 Deleted
« Reply #2425 on: February 1, 2011, 11:32:42 pm »
Hope he gets to play tomorrow. Luis is gonna become a fan favourite in no time. He's a slightly taller version of Tevez with a better left foot. :)

Offline J-Mc-

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2426 on: February 2, 2011, 02:34:05 am »
Any word on if Suarez has got his work permit?

Offline Gee, Stevie

• whinging aussie... why oh why oh why?....
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nummer neunzehn, bitte
« Reply #2427 on: February 2, 2011, 03:22:40 am »
If anything, I'm a little more excited about this fella that Andy. The prospect of both of them together is really really frightening.

Not sure why anyone would be "more excited" by Carroll.  That's not to say that Carroll can't or won't be a star for us.  It's just that what Suarez has done so far in hir career is far more impressive than anything Carroll has done.

Suarez has captained a pretty significant club in Ajax, and has a fantastic goal scoring record.  He played a big part in the relative success of his national team at the world cup in South Africa last year, forming an impressive attacking line up with Forlan and Cavani.  Suarez clearly has technique far superior to Carroll and can play in a number of positions (and has done so with great success) and score goals in more ways than Carroll can.

Now Carroll undoubtedly has the talent and physical attributes to be a star striker at Liverpool.  He probably isn't as one dimensional as I initially thought (big target man whio scores goals with his head), and playing with better players will no doubt improve his all round game even further.

This is all notwithstanding the fact that the Uruguayan has had two years longer on earth than the Englishman.

Anyway, the point is we've got two new attackers and it will be exciting to see how they perform and fit in amongst what is bound to be a new look Liverpool team that will evolve into something very promising over the next 18-24 months.

Offline Gee, Stevie

• whinging aussie... why oh why oh why?....
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nummer neunzehn, bitte
« Reply #2428 on: February 2, 2011, 03:27:49 am »
Meant to quote this too ...

Be mint if we could get a south american style one going for Suarez, sort of like the Sos Cagon sort of  thing.

That being said...he hasnt even kicked a ball yet!

I'm quite over Torres and not even close to being as angry as most reds seem to be, but we should come up with something else for our new strikers.

I like the idea of something South American.  Not so into Uruguayan tunes, so maybe someone can find out what Luis likes from twitter or facebook?

Something sung for previous "big" no.9s could work for Carroll.  I mean big in size, not stature.

Finally, how about we work on a song for the new strike force... a Suarez-Carroll (Suez Canal) song.

Offline Angelius

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2429 on: February 2, 2011, 04:24:43 am »
He is THE signing for me. But the prospect of him and Carroll on form (supported by Gerrard, Merieles, Kuyt/Maxi/Cole/Shelvey) has the potential to be devastating to PL defenders. They'll be eaten alive.

Offline m4Rco

• Kopite
  • wat
« Reply #2430 on: February 2, 2011, 04:52:53 am »
I'm starting to realize how good this lad really is. I've talked so many times about Suarez and everyone was like "won't be long before some major club knocks on Ajax door." I think he's one of the hottest prospects in Europe, we're lucky to got him to Anfield.

Lets hope he can play in the second half against Stoke. I'd love to see him play, just to see a little nervousness when he plays in front of the Kop for the first time :D

Class player, Europe will still be hunting him in a year but he's ours now.
#8 Steven Gerrard
There was no miracle in Istanbul. It was just a man inspiring other men to victory. A man with whom you'll never walk alone.

Offline Megasuperb

• really would look good without that pattern
  • Legacy Fan
  • Diet Water Please
« Reply #2431 on: February 2, 2011, 05:13:15 am »
As mentioned above this lads signing has been completely overshadowed by El Ninny (dont know when that was started but I'll jump the bandwagon) and Carroll. Feel like a schoolgirl; going to blush and get all excited to see him in the red shirt!
Quote from: Mohammad Shahrul
We are going to bully them today. We are a big club. We are Liverpool
for God sake and we are marching to Wembley. The shit club like
Villa is just a sex slave for The Mighty Reds' lust.

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC - Living rent-free in the heads of our rivals
« Reply #2432 on: February 2, 2011, 05:20:38 am »
I'm starting to realize how good this lad really is. I've talked so many times about Suarez and everyone was like "won't be long before some major club knocks on Ajax door." I think he's one of the hottest prospects in Europe, we're lucky to got him to Anfield.

Lets hope he can play in the second half against Stoke. I'd love to see him play, just to see a little nervousness when he plays in front of the Kop for the first time :D

Class player, Europe will still be hunting him in a year but he's ours now.

Why the second half? Start the lad, try and build up a comfortable lead and then bring him off when he gets tired.

Offline ziggyy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Wums should remain underground...
« Reply #2433 on: February 2, 2011, 05:22:36 am »
can't wait to see him bite off that silly boy's ear this weekend. maybe terry's too.

But I'll settle for lots of goals and assists if the biting doesn't happen...

Offline nocturnalvin

• Legacy Fan
  • Justice For The 96.
« Reply #2434 on: February 2, 2011, 05:39:24 am »
spoke to a few people who watches him regularly... unanimously i hear that Suarez is better than Ninny, and we've got real owners now.

Offline GrkStav

• Has a statuette of Lucas on the bonnet of his car which he polishes lovingly with Lucas Brasso. Glen Johnson's biggest fan. Doesn't have a "fucken clue" where L4 is
  • Legacy Fan
  • Not very good at 'banter'.
« Reply #2435 on: February 2, 2011, 06:16:59 am »
Maybe it has been posted already and if so apologies

henrywinter Henry Winter
@
@morgs1980 Rule on eligibility is must be registered 24 hours pre kick-off. T0r$es too late for tonight but Suarez fine for tomo #cfc #lfc
14 hours ago
Ludi Circenses!

Offline PaisleyPrint

• Believer
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2436 on: February 2, 2011, 08:45:52 am »
spoke to a few people who watches him regularly... unanimously i hear that Suarez is better than Ninny, and we've got real owners now.

Time will tell if he is better than Torres but his attitude sure is.  Supposed to be a very positive influence in the dressing room.

Offline J-Mc-

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2437 on: February 2, 2011, 08:51:22 am »
Maybe it has been posted already and if so apologies

henrywinter Henry Winter
@
@morgs1980 Rule on eligibility is must be registered 24 hours pre kick-off. T0r$es too late for tonight but Suarez fine for tomo #cfc #lfc
14 hours ago

So he can play tonight?

Nice one! :thumbup

Offline Captain Wolf Biscuit

• There's a really funny story behind this actually. I'm captain of my local team and at one xmas party I wolfed down a soggy biscuit and behold! My username was born!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Long Live The King
« Reply #2438 on: February 2, 2011, 09:19:50 am »
Can't wait to see our little Street Fighter in front of the Kop.
"Liverpool is my home and I will be back" - Rafa Benitez

An Internet Terrorist and proud of it.

Offline Crazynumber9

• Legacy Fan
  • Be afraid!
« Reply #2439 on: February 2, 2011, 09:23:28 am »
I've watched him play live and he is a very physical player, doesn't get pushed off the ball easily and works his socks off. I'm glad we've got him and I can see him having a positive impact immediately. Welcome Luis, hope you do that no 7 jersey justice :wave
Proudly an internet terrorist since 2010!