Author Topic: The New Stadium should have a Mosaic.  (Read 13683 times)

Offline kingjari

• But you can call me Off the Pitch. Or donut.
  • Legacy Fan
  • It is our RIGHT, our DUTY to throw off such owners
The New Stadium should have a Mosaic.
« on: March 31, 2008, 09:53:48 pm »
   First Let me make myself very clear Tom Hicks and George Gillett are a pair of enormous twats, everyone knows why that is without me going into the minutia of there co-chairmanship. I want them out of our club, as soon as. I can admit though that Hicks, massive c*nt he may be, has introduced an amazing proposal for our new stadium through Dallas based architects HKS.
   This is clearly Hicks baby, I don’t know how much input Gillett had into it to be honest, because of this I’m quite worried that even if the Texan potato head ends up selling most of his shareholding, he will seek to keep a small percentage, at least so he can stay to supervise the building of his ‘Legacy’ to our club and ‘English sports’
    His ego is easily this big. 
    I also suspect he has his beady eyes on the proposed Anfield Plaza development, since he has similar commercial projects on the go next to the grounds of both his American sports teams.
    Anyway.
    I love the design and hope we stick with this one now so it finally gets built; it’s a much better design than the generic Emirates and far superior to Old Trafford. My preference is that Share LiverpoolFC, Dubai Capital International or a combination of both actually do build it, I would dearly hope that they would go with the HKS design.
   When I look at HKS proposed plans for the new stadium though, as impressive and fairly unique as it is, I can't help but feel that something else could be done to make it uniquely of Liverpool Football Club; to stamp our proud identity, on the ‘New’ Anfield.

I strongly believe, instead of that boring green glass, the facade of the east stand should be a Mosaic made of coloured panes of glass. Like one of the fantastic mosaics we have on the Kop 
     I believe it should be a THIS IS ANFIELD mosaic, like the sign above the tunnel. Using the same font exactly as the sign, if you were to look front on at the East stand you'd see white capital letters on red backing. Running left to right horizontally, Instead of the old crest it would be the new crest.

Now I don't know if you think this idea is possible, pointless or shite even. I think it would be awesome to be honest, it would further add to the uniqueness of our proposed new home.  You might think a mosaic would be tacky, I think Anfield is a world famous name, almost a Holy name, a part of the past, present and future identity of our club. This would be a brave statement from the club in these depressingly corporate times, putting beyond doubt what our new home is named forever.
    We would be foolish to give up that name and if I’m honest it’s marketing potential, besides there are ways of keeping the name of the stadium as simply: Anfield; while also drawing huge amounts of sponsorship revenue from companies who would wish to associate themselves with that name. 6-8 Anfield Partners if you like.  All that’s addressed in the stadium name topic anyway.

What do you recon, got an alternative idea for a Mosaic?
Do you think it’s possible? Possibly too Expensive? your comments are(mostly) welcome.

Below is a View of the east stand of the proposed new stadium:
Underneath is the same view but with the Mosaic:
     Lastly Huge Thanks must go to RAWK’s graphic guru Kitster for coming up with the Mosaic Photo. good job Kit  :wave

:scarf            So quite simply let’s have a Mosaic,        :scarf
              a stained glass window for our new cathedral of football. 

« Last Edit: June 4, 2008, 08:23:42 pm by kingjari »
SIR Bill Shankly:
"At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don't come into it. They are only there to sign the cheques."

Spirit Of Shankly- JFT96

Con el Socio, todo ; sin el socio, nada

http://www.spiritofshankly.com/join.html-  join online

Offline Matt S

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • MattShaw
Re: The New Stadium should have a Mosaic.
« Reply #1 on: April 1, 2008, 10:57:19 am »
it would be easy to do but I'm not sure. Does it really need to be labeled?

Offline Live4pool

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2 on: April 1, 2008, 11:09:16 am »
Great idea. tho i think it would look better without the club badge (maybe just the liverbird) and the letters taking up more space.
We are the music makers and we are the dreamers of dreams.

Offline LFCsnoopz

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3 on: April 1, 2008, 11:16:28 am »
imagine the cost of a brick going through it

Offline kingjari

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4 on: April 1, 2008, 12:42:15 pm »
imagine the cost of a brick going through it

Mmmmmm the miracles of 21st century technology eh, toughened, self cleaning glass anyone?
Plus the original facade is also made of glass as well, so I think the architects might have considered this when drawing up the design.
« Last Edit: April 1, 2008, 12:48:44 pm by kingjari »
SIR Bill Shankly:
"At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don't come into it. They are only there to sign the cheques."

Spirit Of Shankly- JFT96

Offline kingjari

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5 on: April 1, 2008, 12:46:47 pm »
it would be easy to do but I'm not sure. Does it really need to be labeled?

Quite frankly yes mate, see my original post again  :wave
The new stadium needs, as marketing geeks like to say, a uniqe selling point. we need to make the most of the world renowned name: Anfield.
SIR Bill Shankly:

Spirit Of Shankly- JFT96

Offline kingjari

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6 on: April 1, 2008, 12:49:56 pm »
Great idea. tho i think it would look better without the club badge (maybe just the liverbird) and the letters taking up more space.

I agree about the size of the letters mate, but not about the crest.
SIR Bill Shankly:

Spirit Of Shankly- JFT96

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
« Reply #7 on: April 1, 2008, 12:53:30 pm »

Mmmmmm the miracles of 21st century technology eh, toughened, self cleaning glass anyone?
Plus the original facade is also made of glass as well, so I think the architects might have considered this when drawing up the design.

Toughened glass would shatter - like the windows of the Stephen Lawrence Centre in London- you'd have to use laminated glass to prevent a brick going through it. It's possible that the glass has been specified as laminated ant-bandit glass but thats very expensive.

Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

Offline kingjari

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8 on: April 1, 2008, 03:16:19 pm »
Ok thanks for the info Alan_F good to know....What do you think of the actual Mosaic idea though mate ??

SIR Bill Shankly:

Spirit Of Shankly- JFT96

Offline Armin

• Reformed RAWK Traitor
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm up on the pavement
  • Super Title: Keep off the Grass!
« Reply #9 on: April 1, 2008, 04:04:07 pm »
I don't think planning permission would be granted unless the side which backs onto the park is neutral, think that's why they've gone for this green look?
Well, I don't know what it is, but there's definitely something going on upstairs

Offline kingjari

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #10 on: April 1, 2008, 05:00:28 pm »
I don't think planning permission would be granted unless the side which backs onto the park is neutral, think that's why they've gone for this green look?

Hello again Armin  I spoke to you a few weeks back in the Stanley Hotel, you were very helpfull  :wave
 I understand your point mate and  I agree with you, the West stand, which opens out onto the  park  & playing fields and contains the community sports facilities, it's facade should remain green to mirror it's surroundings.
However, my suggestion is to replace the green glass of the East stand facade with a Mosaic, this stand faces Arkles lane, the road and only a small part of the park.
SIR Bill Shankly:

Spirit Of Shankly- JFT96

Offline Armin

• Reformed RAWK Traitor
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm up on the pavement
« Reply #11 on: April 1, 2008, 05:09:20 pm »
Hello again Armin  I spoke to you a few weeks back in the Stanley Hotel, you were very helpfull  :wave
 I understand your point mate and  I agree with you, the West stand, which opens out onto the  park  & playing fields and contains the community sports facilities, it's facade should remain green to mirror it's surroundings.
However, my suggestion is to replace the green glass of the East stand facade with a Mosaic, this stand faces Arkles lane, the road and only a small part of the park.

You've solved the im problem ;)

Are there any houses etc overlooking the stadium on that side? I know colours etc were a sensitive issue because the previous design had to be a rather dull grey as that was said to fit in with the local area better. With the stadium being built in a park, in the face of considerable opposition, I think the designers are under pressure to underplay the external features slightly. The first HKS design seemed to show massive video walls in the walls, not sure whether they've fallen victim to cost cutting but something like that which can be turned off when the stadium is not in use may be the way to go forward and still stay on the right side of the planners.

Having said all that I'm pessimistic the stadium will ever be built, it sounds like DIC favoured the old design...
Well, I don't know what it is, but there's definitely something going on upstairs

Offline kingjari

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #12 on: April 1, 2008, 08:46:24 pm »

You've solved the im problem ;)

Are there any houses etc overlooking the stadium on that side? I know colours etc were a sensitive issue because the previous design had to be a rather dull grey as that was said to fit in with the local area better. With the stadium being built in a park, in the face of considerable opposition, I think the designers are under pressure to underplay the external features slightly. The first HKS design seemed to show massive video walls in the walls, not sure whether they've fallen victim to cost cutting but something like that which can be turned off when the stadium is not in use may be the way to go forward and still stay on the right side of the planners.

Having said all that I'm pessimistic the stadium will ever be built, it sounds like DIC favoured the old design...

If DIC really favour the old Parrybowl design to the HKS one, then I'm afraid that would indicate two things: 1. their complete cheapskates 2. they have no ambition to make us world class. Everything I've read indicates otherwise, for one thing how embarrasing would yet another change of design be ? yet another planning application ? As I mentioned in my OP, if that happened I'd worry that the council would lose patience and force a groundshare. Truly a horrible thought mate.

I have solved the IM problem thanks mate  :thumbup
ust can't get anyone to answer the ones I send  ;D

Do you like the basic  idea of a mosaic though ? do you think it's appropriate at all?
   Even if the club ever considered it, as you say the local residents would be the main sticking point. I love the shape of the stadium, but I hate the fact it might have to be grey & dull like. A bit of colour never harmed anyone.
     The video wall was part of the Kop exterior ?  I had'nt heared it was a big TV screen, cool, I just assumed it woukld be a large picture. Regardless It's still there as far as I can tell mate.
below are 2 views of the South/Kop exterior:
 the pic named HKS1 is from the inital design
HKS2 is the downgraded version, no major differences to be honest.

Also, Armin do you recon it's ok if i posted this topic in the main LFC forum or for it to be moved there temporarily even ? It's getting kind of ignored here and I did at least post it in the corect thread, see I DID read the forum rules like I said.   :wave
« Last Edit: April 4, 2008, 08:46:00 pm by kingjari »
SIR Bill Shankly:

Spirit Of Shankly- JFT96

Offline kingjari

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #13 on: April 1, 2008, 09:00:52 pm »
From Anfieldste:
hey mate im an sos member any chance u can send me the logo u have there?

there you go, Brother.  :wave
SIR Bill Shankly:

Spirit Of Shankly- JFT96

Offline anfieldste

• Anny Roader
  • scouse an proud
« Reply #14 on: April 2, 2008, 09:42:57 am »
From Anfieldste:
hey mate im an sos member any chance u can send me the logo u have there?

there you go, Brother.  :wave

many thanks there are kid.,,,,,,,

to your idea i do think the club are lookin to do something for the 96 ,, i heard something along the lines of a single block with 96 seats in it with  name printed on each seat not sure how true this is thou!

i think with the issue of the colour of the glass maybe the club could look into what the munich ground does the way it changes colour when the diffrent teams play ie when were playing the this is anfield sign will come out then for the rest of the time it could be green .... i know people will talk about cost but its a possibilty aint it?

but im sure the original this is anfield sign will get taken to the new ground also! if not someone wants the sack  :-X
we are the famous the famous kopites!!!!!
spirit of shankly member 188
st RTK

Offline kingjari

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #15 on: April 4, 2008, 09:09:07 pm »
Anfieldste.

I'm aware of the 96 empty seats idea but i prefer Rushian's suggestion to be honest mate. I also like the idea of the Kop in the new stadium having a symbolic 96th row.  My idea is more about  utilising the Anfield "Brand". (horrible word i know)

I like the unique Allianz Arena, the Illuminated exterior and safe standing areas. Your idea is a very good one ste, an excellent compramise and would answer some of Armin's points. Like you said the Mosaic could be illuminated on matchdays and be neutral(Green) on non matchdays, although I've no idea how that could be achieved to be honest by projecting it maybe ? I don't know mate. Good idea though.

I also firmly believe there should be a This is Anfield sign above the players tunnel/exit in the new stadium, but not the old one. Red background definately and exact same style of writing maybe for continuity sake but I believe it should have our current crest with its eternal flames & shankly gates on it rather than the old club crest. An evolved TIA sign if you like for a new era.

« Last Edit: November 1, 2008, 04:51:26 pm by kingjari »
SIR Bill Shankly:

Spirit Of Shankly- JFT96

Offline anfieldste

• Anny Roader
  • scouse an proud
« Reply #16 on: April 5, 2008, 05:26:44 pm »
well in the munich arena when bayern play it turns red an the when1860 play it turns blue so it can be done just dont know how !

im not sure i like the this is anfield sign as it,,, an as much of anfield can be taken over to the new ground it should do
we are the famous the famous kopites!!!!!
spirit of shankly member 188
st RTK

Offline kingjari

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #17 on: April 23, 2008, 07:22:12 pm »
well in the munich arena when bayern play it turns red an the when1860 play it turns blue so it can be done just dont know how !

im not sure i like the this is anfield sign as it,,, an as much of anfield can be taken over to the new ground it should do

Munich's Allianz arena is a great stadium I agree, maybe a mosaic could be projected on to the glass on matchdays, and left plain as to not bother residents on non-matchdays.
SIR Bill Shankly:

Spirit Of Shankly- JFT96

Offline Armin

• Reformed RAWK Traitor
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm up on the pavement
« Reply #18 on: April 23, 2008, 09:08:46 pm »
How about a permanent 'Thanks David' on one side and 'Cheers Rick' on the other.

Thought not...

Offline Onward Liverpudlian

• Kopite
« Reply #19 on: April 24, 2008, 01:09:05 am »

I dont think there's any evidence of that.

Offline Platty

• pus
  • Main Stander
« Reply #20 on: April 24, 2008, 11:02:05 am »
I think the idea is good, but how practical is it, really?

Would it add much more to the cost of the whole stadium? I am not a supporter of this stadium being completed, it looks too much like a spaceship for me, but for your mosaic to work, I think it would have to fill the whole of the glass area you specified rather than just being a rectangle, missing out the triangle shape at the top. Would it also not be better to put it at the away end - for the intimidation factor? Scum would probably smash the glass anyway

"We are Liverpool, you are playing for Liverpool. Do not forget that. You have to hold your heads high for the supporters. You have to do it for them. You cannot call yourselves Liverpool players if you have your heads down. Give yourselves the chance to be heroes." - Rafa Benitez

Offline kopdude81

• Main Stander
« Reply #21 on: May 1, 2008, 01:21:21 am »
Not sure about the exterior - think it looks fine as it is even though I'd prefer the HKS design mark 1. What I do feel should be included in the new stadium is a large mosaic on the seats of the new KOP of the Liverbird - think that would look impressive. Also simple things like red nets for the goals should be used.
"This is to remind our lads who they're playing for, and to remind the opposition who they're playing against."

Offline Matt S

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • MattShaw
« Reply #22 on: May 1, 2008, 09:39:00 am »
Not sure about the exterior - think it looks fine as it is even though I'd prefer the HKS design mark 1. What I do feel should be included in the new stadium is a large mosaic on the seats of the new KOP of the Liverbird - think that would look impressive. Also simple things like red nets for the goals should be used.

Pretty sure we had red nets at some point in the 90's (before the nets were square). They looked orange though.

Offline mikeb58

• The Poet Laureate of the Hillsborough forum and indeed, now, the rest of the site! Allez, allez, allez......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • kopite
« Reply #23 on: May 1, 2008, 07:08:39 pm »
Pretty sure we had red nets at some point in the 90's (before the nets were square). They looked orange though.

We had a red nets debate some time ago, we used them until the new goal post designs came in ( pre 'box' ones they just got rid of the metal stantions )

Come to think of it we may have continued with red nets ( but the small mesh type ) with the new frame design, need some pics from that era to confirm it. We deffo turned to white nets with the new 'box' shape goal post and stuck with them since.

Personally I'd love to go back to red nets, think there was a problem though of them blending in the red seats behind the goal.....could be wrong though !
Hillsborough...Our Greatest Victory (out now)

Offline kopdude81

• Main Stander
« Reply #24 on: May 1, 2008, 07:42:41 pm »
In relation to the mosaic and "This Is Anfield" written on the side of the stadium I think that looks cheap and tacky. The colour changing system at the Alliance Arena suits that stadium. The new anfield is a different type of stadium completely. Think I read in the plans that the roof and glazing will allow for a unique and interesting lighting system at night.
"This is to remind our lads who they're playing for, and to remind the opposition who they're playing against."

Offline kingjari

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #25 on: May 18, 2008, 11:28:21 pm »
In relation to the mosaic and "This Is Anfield" written on the side of the stadium I think that looks cheap and tacky. The colour changing system at the Alliance Arena suits that stadium. The new anfield is a different type of stadium completely. Think I read in the plans that the roof and glazing will allow for a unique and interesting lighting system at night.

Fair enough, i think i also might have read something about a lighting system but I'm sure it's for the Kop/south exterior.

Anyone else got an opinion on a glass mosaic for the stadium exterior, like this one ?
« Last Edit: May 18, 2008, 11:33:45 pm by kingjari »
SIR Bill Shankly:

Spirit Of Shankly- JFT96

Offline Swoop

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #26 on: June 3, 2008, 12:31:19 pm »
Fair enough, i think i also might have read something about a lighting system but I'm sure it's for the Kop/south exterior.

Anyone else got an opinion on a glass mosaic for the stadium exterior, like this one ?

Wont happen, as you have discussed earlier planning permission would be required and not given.  Parkside - because it has to blend with the park, facing the Arkles - because you have overlooking housing.

Its a dogs life for me

Offline kingjari

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #27 on: June 4, 2008, 08:18:42 pm »
Wont happen, as you have discussed earlier planning permission would be required and not given.  Parkside - because it has to blend with the park, facing the Arkles - because you have overlooking housing.

Gutted ! thanks for the observation though.  Did you like the idea though Swoop ? Would it be more likely to be given the go ahead, if it was projected on to the glass only on matchdays maybe ?
SIR Bill Shankly:

Spirit Of Shankly- JFT96

Offline Benimar Col

• benimarisblonde.col.uk
  • Legacy Fan
  • Make us Dream
« Reply #28 on: June 10, 2008, 08:43:38 pm »
a mosiac ?   a mosiac of what ?  is this just a personal fantasy brought from years of lsd usage ? 

by the way the reason the Allianz Arena is due to the lighting format within the outer building fabric ,  it also glows white when Germany play there  ( you learn something new every day )     8)

Offline kingjari

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #29 on: June 10, 2008, 11:54:31 pm »
a mosiac ?   a mosiac of what ?  is this just a personal fantasy brought from years of lsd usage ? 

by the way the reason the Allianz Arena is due to the lighting format within the outer building fabric ,  it also glows white when Germany play there  ( you learn something new every day )     8)

Ohhhhhhhhhh get you, you pissed off I asked a simple "your point being ?" in your topic , tit for tat is it mate ?, good one  :thumbup
Im sorry if I hurt your feelings there kidda.  :wave
SIR Bill Shankly:

Spirit Of Shankly- JFT96

Offline Swoop

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #30 on: June 11, 2008, 08:55:41 am »
Gutted ! thanks for the observation though.  Did you like the idea though Swoop ? Would it be more likely to be given the go ahead, if it was projected on to the glass only on matchdays maybe ?

personally don't like the idea.
Its a dogs life for me

Offline kingjari

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #31 on: June 11, 2008, 11:11:33 am »
Fair enough, ta for the input
SIR Bill Shankly:

Spirit Of Shankly- JFT96

Offline irishred1991

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT 96, YNWA
« Reply #32 on: August 4, 2008, 08:12:26 pm »
great idea
Liverpool is our religion,
Anfield is our church,
The Kop is our choir,
Fowler is our God.

Offline conman

• Ohh aaaah just a little bit, Ooh aahh, a little bit more. Aerial stalker perv. Not cool enough to get the lolz.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Cocopoppyhead
« Reply #33 on: October 9, 2008, 02:14:11 pm »
prefer the crest to not be there, the liverbird and the eternal flame are best on their own.

Offline The Manhattan Project

• snood fan
  • Legacy Fan
  • I Have Become Death, The Destroyer Of Worlds
« Reply #34 on: October 12, 2008, 07:27:37 pm »
Looks awful.

Spoils the lines of the never-to-be-built-stadium.
china syndrome 810512640 reactor meltdown fusion element
no uniquely indefinable one 59118 identification unknown 113
source transmission 4121 general panic hysteria 02 outbreak
foreign mutation 0101505 maximum code destruction nuclear
reflection 010414 power plutonium helix atomic energy wave

Offline Bluto Bukowski

• Bluster Bloodvessel
  • Anny Roader
  • L
« Reply #35 on: October 24, 2008, 09:53:58 am »
I don't think the new stadium should have a mosque at all. Keep religion out of it.
Double you Double you Double you dot com dot com

Offline Istanbul, 2005

• Strong believer in UKIP's domestic and European policies.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mersey paradise
« Reply #36 on: January 13, 2009, 12:36:02 pm »
should have the SOS badge all over the Kop...
At Half time AC thought they had us beat
The Blueshite were dancing in the North Wales Streets
But Stevie G played like a man posessed
And all they have now is their Bitterness!

How do you sleep at night Duckenfield?

Offline CaptainHindsight?

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #37 on: January 13, 2009, 12:56:50 pm »
A bit of a random revival!
But anyway, I'm not too sure about this idea, I'm all for things to add to the stadiums atmosphere and stuff but that seems like it would be a bit cheap looking, still tho', I agree with a general concept of adding things like this!
I suppose this could turn into a thread for things that could be added to the new stadium.

Obviously I think some of the hillsborough memorial ideas were great. i.e 96 red lights etc.

Offline LiverpoolFaCupFan

• Anny Roader
« Reply #38 on: January 14, 2009, 04:58:02 pm »
I'd prefer an orange liverbird on one side/orange eternal flame on the other side of the THIS IS ANFIELD.

Good idea though, doubt it'll happen.
"You come here to Anfield, you stand there and listen to that crowd, and it's the greatest sight in football."

Offline redscotch

• Kopite
« Reply #39 on: January 22, 2009, 12:15:55 am »
should have the SOS badge all over the Kop...

I think that's a brilliant idea, mate.

Not the SOS badge itself but Shankly's famous 'arms out' image built into and stretched out across the Kop. 

Like Preston's Deepdale ground has with Shanks on it. 

Have our own. Something in red and white, maybe like this image? :

Great article here actually about Preston and how we could learn a few things: http://www.liverpoolbanter.co.uk/2009/01/time-for-liverpool-to-follow-p.html

« Last Edit: January 22, 2009, 10:37:52 pm by redscotch »