Author Topic: Stephen Warnock  (Read 21618 times)

Offline davidg

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Steve Warnock
« Reply #120 on: March 13, 2006, 01:53:42 pm »
Sami looked unfit yesterday.
' When you over simplify, you become unjust ' - Ernest Hemingway

Offline red through and through

• Anny Roader
« Reply #121 on: March 13, 2006, 01:57:11 pm »
Sami looked unfit yesterday.
Is he? Or is i because he was chasing one of the fastest guys in the Premiership? I haven't seen anything to say he is unfit - worrying if he is seeing as we need to win our last 10 (9)? games!
“The recipe for perpetual ignorance is a very simple and effective one: be satisfied with your opinions and content with your knowledge” Elbert Hubbard.

Offline davidg

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #122 on: March 13, 2006, 02:02:44 pm »
Is he? Or is i because he was chasing one of the fastest guys in the Premiership? I haven't seen anything to say he is unfit - worrying if he is seeing as we need to win our last 10 (9)? games!

I didn't refer to any particular incident, and no-one would have caught Henry on that turn

Sami generally looked a little off the pace, he gave the ball a lot which happens when you're not properly fit, he was slow out for offsides and wasn't tackling cleanly.

Offline Withnail

• Failed anorexic.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #123 on: March 13, 2006, 02:06:59 pm »
This may sound a bit silly, but i have always thought that Warnock could do a decent job in the hamman role, just winning the ball in front of the defence and playing easy short passes. his passing game is nowhere near good enough to be hoofing it 40 or 50 yards to feet.

Offline a partridge in seat_5c

• blames English football
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #124 on: March 13, 2006, 02:08:04 pm »
Warnock's defo good enough to play for us (and if Rafa doesn't think so he's wrong)...he's got a good touch, good pass, good vision, quick brain, he's got hunger, he tries 100%, plenty enough for us...he had a solid bright start to his LFC career, had a similar solid bright start to this season, hit the Ingerlund squad and was integral in the side that was getting so many clean sheets under their belts pre Zenden's injury...the 2 of them looked really good in tandem and if he's looked shaky since it's probably for several reasons :

1) Zenden disappearing coinciding with Kewell coming back, mister defensive cover, not

2) Rafa standing waving his arms around for 90 minutes telling players anywhere within earshot to move left a bit, up a bit, right a bit, down a bit, like he's on the fucking Golden Shot, with the result that Stevie W spends half the game looking at Rafa as if to say "what the fuck do you want? what? 6 centimetres to the right and 3 and a half centimetres forward? does it fucking matter?"

his confidence is shot and it's hardly surprising and I blame Benitez

and that's without mentioning the fucking "supporters"

Offline ShanksLegend

• Spirit Of Shankly RTK
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool FC is an institution not a business
« Reply #125 on: March 13, 2006, 02:11:20 pm »
Warnock's defo good enough to play for us (and if Rafa doesn't think so he's wrong)...he's got a good touch, good pass, good vision, quick brain, he's got hunger, he tries 100%, plenty enough for us...he had a solid bright start to his LFC career, had a similar solid bright start to this season, hit the Ingerlund squad and was integral in the side that was getting so many clean sheets under their belts pre Zenden's injury...the 2 of them looked really good in tandem and if he's looked shaky since it's probably for several reasons :

1) Zenden disappearing coinciding with Kewell coming back, mister defensive cover, not

2) Rafa standing waving his arms around for 90 minutes telling players anywhere within earshot to move left a bit, up a bit, right a bit, down a bit, like he's on the fucking Golden Shot, with the result that Stevie W spends half the game looking at Rafa as if to say "what the fuck do you want? what? 6 centimetres to the right and 3 and a half centimetres forward? does it fucking matter?"

Alright Steve, i take it you've had a chat with Rafa about this.

Offline kevindublin

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #126 on: March 13, 2006, 02:12:17 pm »
OK so Steve Warnock isnt good enough to be 1st choice, left back. But at the end of the day he isnt first choise left back is he?

He comes in and does the job as best he can when other people are injured. Your not going to have excellent world class players happy to be a squad backup player.

I would much rather have a local lad like Warnock come into the team when needed, than some foreign c*nt who has cost us a couple of million in transfer fees, and is on big wages, and disrupts the team.

Offline Withnail

• Failed anorexic.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #127 on: March 13, 2006, 02:13:44 pm »

good touch ? good pass ?
have we got another warnock ?

Offline davidg

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #128 on: March 13, 2006, 02:14:56 pm »
This may sound a bit silly, but i have always thought that Warnock could do a decent job in the hamman role, just winning the ball in front of the defence and playing easy short passes. his passing game is nowhere near good enough to be hoofing it 40 or 50 yards to feet.

You're right, it does sound a bit silly

;D

Offline StevieG26

• Would like to be the first of offer his criticisms.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #129 on: March 13, 2006, 02:17:11 pm »
Bad performance yesterday. I don't know if he's good enough for Liverpool or not. Jury's still out.
"Football is not a matter of life and death. I can assure you that it is much more important than that."

Bill Shankly.

Offline Carra23

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #130 on: March 13, 2006, 02:17:58 pm »
It does not too silly at all because Warnock actually started out as a central midfielder so with a bit of coaching or a spell in midfield in the reserves it could well be a good move for him.
Sent from my laptop using my fingers to type

Offline Kaizer

• Quaresmatic
  • Legacy Fan
  • Wonder is the beginning of wisdom.
« Reply #131 on: March 13, 2006, 03:08:57 pm »
Warnock's defo good enough to play for us (and if Rafa doesn't think so he's wrong)...he's got a good touch, good pass, good vision, quick brain, he's got hunger, he tries 100%, plenty enough for us

Hunger and heart is not enough.
My guess is that Warnock will be out of there come summer.

I have a felling I will get a woooosh here, because the points above was real funny.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2006, 03:10:43 pm by Kaizer »
There will always be more sheep than shepherds.

“One of my favourites is Ricardo Quaresma. The day I go back to coaching I will do everything possible to sign him. Quaresma could make any club have that extra step up in quality.” - M.Lippi, August 2007

Just fuckin sign him!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FzSNuQHwZLE

Offline Мерфи

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #132 on: March 13, 2006, 04:03:18 pm »

So you know for a fact that Warnock's confidence is shot?  And you know that the fact? that Warnock's confidence is shot is why he's not holding down a regular spot in the first team.  And it's Rafa's fault that Warnock's not holding down a first team spot!

Sounds like you have serious issues with the current regime and would use any issue to get a dig in. 

Let's face it.  If Warnock is not holding down a regular first team spot - then it is up to Warnock to change things by . . .  1)  doing it right (if he can!)  2) He moves on to get regular footy somewhere else.

That you are putting this all down to Rafa just makes me shake my head.  Riise seems to get a regular run out - so he's probably doing something right! He's likely gettting the same sort of treatment that Warnock gets.  And you'll notice that Warnock normally get's a run out when Riise is being rested or used otherwise.  Which is a pretty good signal that Riise is doing something right.

So . . . it can't be that Riise is doing something right, it must be that Rafa is doing something wrong the Warnock ???

And what of the other side.  Finnan is undoutedly getting the same treatment as Warnock, yet Finnan has been as consistant as you could hope for all year long!!!  And when Finnan was getting displaced in the side for Josemi, Finnan did something about it - because he was good enough to.  Maybe Warnock is just not good enough to hold down the starting spot!

I think that Warnock is doing well for himself, and certainly has earned any playing time that he gets.  He remains a decent back up - and LB is not a position that is high on our list of worries. 

Never argue with a fool . . . people may not know the difference .

Offline Carra23

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #133 on: March 15, 2006, 10:45:31 pm »
:D
Sent from my laptop using my fingers to type

Offline The_Fisherman

• Admiral of the Fleet
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #134 on: March 15, 2006, 11:00:56 pm »
Absolutely fuckin made up for the lad, anyone see his celebration knows he's a commited Red, more so than can be said for a lot of the other lads in our squad. Squad being the key word. He's a good honest young local player, bit of grooming and he'll be on the right lines. Some fuckin' beauts in here on his back, well fuck you. The Famous Kop... yer' havin' a larf. Fickle twats.

Offline myrlas

• Powered by YaMH (Yet another Mister Happy)
  • Legacy Fan
  • Twitter: @myrlas
« Reply #135 on: March 15, 2006, 11:03:54 pm »
Oh the irony.

Finnan could have his 2nd, and when that failed it fell to Warnock who got his first.

Nice one!!!

Congrats Stevie!
"Football is simple, you're either on time, or you're too late. If you're too late then you have to leave earlier." Johan Cruyff

Offline BazC

• ...is as good as Van Basten
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #136 on: March 15, 2006, 11:04:09 pm »
Very well taken goal. Traore still showed to me today that he's the better player.

“This place will become a bastion of invincibility and you are very lucky young man to be here. They will all come here and be beaten son”

Offline DK

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #137 on: March 15, 2006, 11:04:25 pm »
Good luck to the young fella.  Absolutely stoked for him :D

Offline LFCMunkee

• Cheekee!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #138 on: March 15, 2006, 11:05:53 pm »
Its all coolio! Wooohoo! Made up for him! :D
Humpty Dumpty sat on the wall - so the referee booked him

Offline Carra'sPoundCoin

• Don't you see what's going on out there? Everyone hates us!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #139 on: March 15, 2006, 11:13:40 pm »
Congrats Stevie lad. Fantastic celebration and passion.

Doesn't change the fact that he doesn't have the talent to go with it though (I know it's harsh)  :(
“Aim for the sky and you'll reach the ceiling. Aim for the ceiling and you'll stay on the floor.”

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=11MQnQ8QjJs

Offline Roy Cropper

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #140 on: March 15, 2006, 11:18:48 pm »
made up he scored and glad to see he showed his passion with the celebration, but one goal doesnt, make him a great defender.

think his best position is left mid (but not at this level)

possible with a mid table team like man city, charlton etc .....

Offline Kaizer

• Quaresmatic
  • Legacy Fan
  • Wonder is the beginning of wisdom.
« Reply #141 on: March 15, 2006, 11:18:53 pm »
Great for Warnock to get his first goal, but Traore showed exactly why he should be in the team before him tonight.

Great match by Traore, and nice goal from Warnock :D
There will always be more sheep than shepherds.

“One of my favourites is Ricardo Quaresma. The day I go back to coaching I will do everything possible to sign him. Quaresma could make any club have that extra step up in quality.” - M.Lippi, August 2007

Just fuckin sign him!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FzSNuQHwZLE

Offline jackh

• Has a blog but doesn't like to talk about it. Slightly obsessed with the colour orange for some weird reason......
  • RAWK Mod
  • Legacy Fan
    • @hartejack
« Reply #142 on: March 15, 2006, 11:40:40 pm »
both warnock and traore are decent back up in my opinion.  lots of people moan about riise and say we could have better first choice, i'm not one of them, riise is good enough in my book.  traore played well tonight and showed why he's worth his place in the squad, as long as its at left back i worry lots when he's in the centre.  warnock does a great job as cover for left back and central midfield.  never had a major problem with him.  only his positioning lets him down consistantly and thats mainly because he doesnt often get a long run in the team.  both good enough in my view. 
no ins no outs for left back in the summer thank you very much.

Offline Sooty

• Main Stander
« Reply #143 on: March 15, 2006, 11:42:39 pm »
Made up for the lad top red and a good squad player

100% committed to the club

Top lad

Offline Vinay

• West Coast privileges revoked due to jinxing activity. Considerably more greedier than yaow!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Ceux qui écrivent clairement ont des lecteurs.....
« Reply #144 on: March 16, 2006, 01:47:44 am »
While Traore was good today, Warnock's goal doesn't mean he is a great Left Back in the making.

Interesting to see who will claim the spot on Sunday. I hope it is not Warnock as Solano will be too much to handle.

Offline TheoRacle

• Legacy Fan
  • LFC Supporter
« Reply #145 on: March 16, 2006, 02:32:21 am »
FWIW I'm comfortable with all three LB players in our squad.  Riise is a natural 1st choice and I dont think I'd swap him for anybody on the prem bar perhaps Heinze.  Traore can play very well, never complains and gets on with it. His only fault IMO is his concentration and confidence. If he gets a handle on that there's no reason why we can't see performances like today's all the time.  Warnock shows lots of promise  two or three years more experience and he'll make a great 1st choice LB.

Offline Raul!

• No nude LFC topics - Sir Raul la di Dah of Coverpoint - Imminently Female
  • Legacy Fan
  • My nipples explode with delight
« Reply #146 on: March 16, 2006, 05:21:18 am »
Traore played decently, actually used his right foot a few times which enabled him to pass the ball forward and keep play going forwards rather than having to retreat on his left and pass back to the CBs or the keeper.  Having said that, he is still prone to making mistakes and is not a player I would like to have as back up in a squad trying to make a tilt at the title.  As much as I would like him to succeed, he has unfortunately flattered to deceive in the past.

Warnock has the right spirit but is limited.  I would like to see Rafa bring someone else in in the summer and Warnock would be one of my three choices for LB.  Not sure if he will be happy with that role but as otehrs have said, he could always do a Carra...

That said, maybe he should play as a striker...

Offline anfieldpurch

• Simple
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for the 96!!
« Reply #147 on: March 16, 2006, 08:08:28 am »
I told you he was ok and he's repayed my faith
Proud father to Riley James Lucas 16/3/17

Offline nidgemo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Semper in excremento, sole profundum qui variat.
  • Super Title: Coming soon! Official Launch May 2008
« Reply #148 on: March 16, 2006, 08:12:05 am »
Was pleased to see Warnock score, and it was great to see how much it meant to him.

That said, Traore proved last night that he's the better player - and even put in at least three first class crosses.
I'm no longer on RAWK, but if you need to contact me about anything, you can email me on nigelmorrison@connectfree.co.uk

Offline Something Else

• that car's fine lookin' man (clearly insured with confused.com)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bazinga
  • Super Title: something else required
« Reply #149 on: March 16, 2006, 08:19:35 am »
Was pleased to see Warnock score, and it was great to see how much it meant to him.

That said, Traore proved last night that he's the better player - and even put in at least three first class crosses.

I know I felt so chuffed for him cos he was so happy, as for troare he proved that witha  few games he can fill that position if riise is unfit, he did well, even megged someone

Offline ShanksLegend

• Spirit Of Shankly RTK
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool FC is an institution not a business
« Reply #150 on: March 16, 2006, 11:09:21 am »
Absolutely fuckin made up for the lad, anyone see his celebration knows he's a commited Red, more so than can be said for a lot of the other lads in our squad. Squad being the key word. He's a good honest young local player, bit of grooming and he'll be on the right lines. Some fuckin' beauts in here on his back, well fuck you. The Famous Kop... yer' havin' a larf. Fickle twats.

Am a 100% commited red, and if i had scored at Anfield i would of been well chuffed.  But am a shit footballer too.

Offline stevie_block 202

• Kemlynite
« Reply #151 on: March 16, 2006, 04:01:24 pm »
can't believe the number of positive comments on here about Traore.  He should be nowhere near the squad and I object that some of my gate receipts go into his pocket.  Everytime he gets the ball, he shits himself and the other players shit themselves and try to  cover him which has a negative impact.  There is no trust there.

I took a bird to her first game a couple of years ago (think it was worthington cup when noone wanted to go).  "After about 10 minutes, she said who is that black one there.  All the players run up close to him so he doesn't have to pass it too far.  Is he crap?"

Now this girl was thick as pig shit and knew nothing about football but it only took her 10 minutes to realise what a bag of shit he is.

Offline IrishDave

• This custom title is invisible
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Insert clever comment here ............
« Reply #152 on: March 16, 2006, 04:25:41 pm »
Delighted for Warnock that he scored. Can't see him making too many appearances next season if he doesn't get flogged in the summer though.

Good player, just not good enough
Keep your friends close & your enemies won't matter

Offline Robbo1980

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #153 on: March 16, 2006, 05:30:14 pm »

Where was your opinion on this before his goal last night, i have scrolled through this thread and cant see it, its easy to come on and spout shit after the event.
I think its you who is the fickle one.

Offline Garstonite

• Scouse Wash House
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #154 on: March 16, 2006, 05:50:10 pm »
Chuffed for him. Hopefully Walter Smith will include him in his World Cup plans.

Offline The_Fisherman

• Admiral of the Fleet
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #155 on: March 16, 2006, 06:11:59 pm »
Where was your opinion on this before his goal last night, i have scrolled through this thread and cant see it, its easy to come on and spout shit after the event.
I think its you who is the fickle one.

You cheeky little twat...

Anyone who knows me knows I'm one of his biggest admirers as well as one of his good mates.

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=31837.msg471697#msg471697

Offline crownpaints

• Billy Lidl
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Merseyrail stinks of shit
« Reply #156 on: March 16, 2006, 10:22:26 pm »
Chuffed for him. Hopefully Walter Smith will include him in his World Cup plans.

Don't tell me the damn Jocks have annexed Ormskirk again?
Mighty Reds

Offline Ken-Obi

• Hasn't got Wan, doesn't deserve Wan
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: isn't going to get one of these either
« Reply #157 on: March 17, 2006, 12:17:34 am »
As much as I'm delighted with his first ever goal for us, I still don't rate him really. But then again, I'm a patient man - didn't think Carra would be any good when I first saw him back then too. Look at him now, Super Cup captain. Warnock? He'd need to go up a gear or two before Rafa looks for alternatives.
Someone should do the right thing - go back in time to 1992 and destroy the codes to Championship Manager before it is ever released

Offline bjb7223

• Kopite
« Reply #158 on: March 17, 2006, 06:55:51 am »
will be shipped out in the summer or thrown into the reserves. not a 1st team squad player. can't wait  for aurelio to arrive.

Offline DonkeyWan

• ker. Football Genius, Generously gives Young Jürgen pointers to help him improve.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I never met a man who wasn't...
« Reply #159 on: March 17, 2006, 10:45:01 am »
OOoooh look. A swallow. Must be summer.

*Gets out giddy gear, including short pants, knotted hanky and string vest*

Wait, no, it's still freezing. And warnock is still muck.
Beatings will continue until morale improves...