Author Topic: Fantasy Premier League  (Read 292071 times)

Offline GreatEx

• pectations. might be a cunt but isn't a capitalist cunt. Blissfully ignorant.
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Fantasy Premier League
« Reply #6440 on: April 28, 2024, 10:28:48 pm »
I completely forgot to get rid when Son was begging for inclusion. It wasn't in expectation of a revival. Still got a reasonable score through Havertz and Isak, the latter was VC but will get the double because Foden didn't play.

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #6441 on: May 4, 2024, 06:55:49 pm »
This is how bad I’ve been this season. Last week I sold Haaland to move things around, bought Son and triple captained for a double game week. He got me 27 points.

This week, I pick for my daughter too and she’s about 100 points behind me. Triple Captained Haaland for her and she could overtake me by the end of the weekend!

Offline keano7

• Legacy Fan
  • Alonso follows it in!
« Reply #6442 on: May 4, 2024, 09:55:47 pm »
Gambled this week and wildcarded everyone in for the double gameweek next week. Seems to have paid off so far as I’m back top of my mini league by a point. I hate being top as there’s too much pressure, much rather be a few pts and chasing! Captain choice is going to be pivotal next week.
"Can't wait for this one me mates picking me up in a van"

Online Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #6443 on: May 6, 2024, 09:47:45 pm »
Annoyingly had two players who didn’t play. And have Edouard as my second sub who’s just come in and Mitchell as my third sun who has a goal and a clean sheet.

Offline GreatEx

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6444 on: May 12, 2024, 01:58:35 am »
I thought my decision to bring in Gvardiol 3 weeks ago was going to prove decisive but all 4 teams ahead of me in my OG league brought him in this week, man fuck this game

Online Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #6445 on: May 12, 2024, 08:28:46 am »
I missed the deadline and forgot to do my bench boost. Whoops.

Offline GreatEx

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6446 on: Yesterday at 12:05:50 am »
None of my gambles paid off... Madueke shite, Dunk shite and injured, Callum Wilson AWOL. Every year I tell myself not to save the chips for the end of season, every year I do it anyway

Offline ashleyrose-66

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Back on our perch!
« Reply #6447 on: Yesterday at 08:58:16 am »
Not going to lie, I'm a bit gutted by this (see attachment below!)   :'(

« Last Edit: Yesterday at 08:59:53 am by ashleyrose-66 »

Offline paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Take me 2 the magic of the moment on a glory night
« Reply #6448 on: Yesterday at 09:16:36 am »
Not going to lie, I'm a bit gutted by this (see attachment below!)   :'(

nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
yer ma should have called you Paolo Zico Gerry Socrates HELLRAZOR

Offline lionel_messias

• likes pulling cocker spaniels out of Kim Kardassian's ass
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'You can throw your plan in the purple bin'
« Reply #6449 on: Yesterday at 10:24:02 am »
None of my gambles paid off... Madueke shite, Dunk shite and injured, Callum Wilson AWOL. Every year I tell myself not to save the chips for the end of season, every year I do it anyway

Yeah Madueke shite. Think I will remove him for the final push.
Follow me on twatter: @JDMessias

Offline keano7

• Legacy Fan
  • Alonso follows it in!
« Reply #6450 on: Yesterday at 11:15:54 am »
45pts clear in my mini league heading into the final day. 5 players the same with my nearest challenger so unless the other 6 have ridiculous returns I should be alright.

Do think the game will be more enjoyable next season when there’s less DGWs due to the scrapping of the cup replays and no one involved in a world championship. Just feels like everyone has had the same players for the last 8 gameweeks and therefore no ground can be made on people above you.
"Can't wait for this one me mates picking me up in a van"

Offline paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Take me 2 the magic of the moment on a glory night
« Reply #6451 on: Yesterday at 12:20:56 pm »
If on a wildcard I would be tempted by Ortega

He is only 3.6

No guarantee Ederson gets cleared. I thought it was mad he was allowed stay on for a minute, he went on his ear taking a free then
yer ma should have called you Paolo Zico Gerry Socrates HELLRAZOR

Offline bryanod

• Probably in Boyzone with a name like that...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RPLP Champion 2012/2013 & 2013/2014 Double Winner
« Reply #6452 on: Yesterday at 05:29:52 pm »
1 transfer off 3rd place in RAWK is annoying, especially since it was for a non-playing bench boost player so would been better off either way!
30-40 points in main leagues, too far back in RAWK to do it.

45pts clear in my mini league heading into the final day. 5 players the same with my nearest challenger so unless the other 6 have ridiculous returns I should be alright.

Do think the game will be more enjoyable next season when there’s less DGWs due to the scrapping of the cup replays and no one involved in a world championship. Just feels like everyone has had the same players for the last 8 gameweeks and therefore no ground can be made on people above you.

Even less requirement for any thought or planning wont make it more interesting....
Men of lofty genius when they are doing the least work are most active

- Leonardo Da Vinci

Offline GreatEx

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6453 on: Today at 12:43:15 am »
I know I'm wasting my breath because the owners and developers of the game are clearly happy to collect record participation numbers each year (even if >50% are sock puppets trying to be #1 after a Friday night game) with minimal effort, but to me the areas for improvement are:

* forward classification: absolute joke that Mo has never been a forward. Kane's defection left EH as the only premium forward, with ownership pushing 90%. Time to enter the 21st century, classify all wide forwards as fucking forwards (clue's in the name, dipshit), and change from 2-5-5-3 to 2-5-4-4.

* make pricing more dynamic. Every year you get someone like a Palmer who breaks out and dramatically out-performs their starting price, everyone buys them in, and yet by season's end they are still an absolute bargain. Palmer is the top scorer in the game, 12 points clear with one game left, yet still only costs 6.3 from a starting point of 5.0. Those who spotted him early get little reward and squad conformity is off the charts. Enough with the +0.1 and -0.1 nonsense, make those prices soar and plunge. After a number of sub appearances, Palmer announced himself with 4g 3a in his first 6 starts, but afterwards his price was only 5.1. If it had gone up to,say, 7.5, then continued to rise to 10+ as he kept scoring,  maybe we'd have some diversity and leagues wouldn't be fixed in place from November onwards. Make price changes dependent on performance rather than transfer trends and you might get more interesting outcomes.

* I also play an AFL fantasy game where you recruit a squad rather than just a starting lineup plus a couple of emergency subs. At the same time, there is a seasonal transfer limit, so you need to think about depth and keep something in reserve for injuries. Something like this could work in FPL, albeit with allowances for the winter transfer window. Let's say you choose a squad of 3 GK 8 DEF 6 MID 6 FWD, each week you name a starting 11 plus 4 subs like you do today, and you can make up to 50 transfers for the season with a weekly limit of 2 (in the AFL game you have a one-time "boost" that lets you use 5 in one week, for emergencies). Keep the free hit, triple captain and bench boost (for the 4 subs only, not the squad).

With dynamic pricing and a seasonal transfer limit, they could also do away with the transfer profit tax, which to be honest is a stupid idea because it discourages managers from moving away from a player who has surged to 50% ownership, therefore increasing conformity yet again.

They could also try rewarding stuff other than goals and assists, so that defensive midfielders have a role in the game, though I remember playing a world cup game that did that and it was a bit crap because it just felt like a lottery.
« Last Edit: Today at 12:47:37 am by GreatEx »