Author Topic: 2012/13 UEFA Champions League Final - Bayern München 2-1 Borussia Dortmund  (Read 595628 times)

Offline ElCapo

• Legacy Fan
  • Bayern Munich - Mia San Mia
Re: 2012/13 UEFA Champions League Last 16 Knockout Stages Discussion Thread
« Reply #40 on: February 12, 2013, 04:12:55 am »
7 goals all season. Holy fuck.

Yet Real Madrid have shorter odds.  Go figure

Offline eLToRo

• Legacy Fan
  • Living the dream
« Reply #41 on: February 12, 2013, 09:16:35 am »
Yet Real Madrid have shorter odds.  Go figure

Surely there is value there.
I think those 7 are just from league games, though? It's an impressive feat, but it probably says more about the quality of the Bundesliga than anything else.

If we're just looking at goals conceded in the CL group stages [and bearing in mind they had a pretty "easy" group with Lille, BATE and Valencia, it paints a different story:

It is still 14 goals in what? 35 games.Im not including cup but i dont havea  clue how many they conceded there.

So impressive.

They will absolutely destroy Arsenal.And I think Real will turn United over too.Van Persie will just get isolated tomorow and if he doesnt get them one or wo chances then United wont score and I fancy Real to score a few

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #42 on: February 12, 2013, 09:44:36 am »
I know I’ll sound incredibly smalltime but please God can United get knocked out this round. It sounds pathetic but I can handle them winning the League, it happens so often that I’m numb to it now. And FA Cup wins too, they’re due one really having not won it for so long. But Europe, that’s a different story, them winning it is painful. I want them out, don’t care how it happens. Beat Real and the momentum grows further and they’ll think they’re untouchable.

Offline thegoodfella

• makes reindeer pizza
  • Legacy Fan
  • ...siempre es posible
« Reply #43 on: February 12, 2013, 10:06:27 am »
Thought I'd throw this up with the matches on the horizon.

Didn't these matches used to be on Tuesday and Wednesday or have they moved them all to only Tuesdays while we've been out?

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bravery is believing in yourself" Rafael Benitez
    • I coulda been a contenda.....
« Reply #44 on: February 12, 2013, 10:12:19 am »
I know I’ll sound incredibly smalltime but please God can United get knocked out this round. It sounds pathetic but I can handle them winning the League, it happens so often that I’m numb to it now. And FA Cup wins too, they’re due one really having not won it for so long. But Europe, that’s a different story, them winning it is painful. I want them out, don’t care how it happens. Beat Real and the momentum grows further and they’ll think they’re untouchable.

We all feel the same but they're meeting them at the ideal time when morale is low and their own league season is as good as over although on the other hand knowing this is all they really have to go for might be all the motivation they need. I just don't see the current Real defence keeping the mancs out for 180 minutes. Especially without Casillas.
It's true to say that if Shankly had told us to invade Poland we'd be queuing up 10 deep all the way from Anfield to the Pier Head.

Online Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #45 on: February 12, 2013, 10:16:27 am »
We all feel the same but they're meeting them at the ideal time when morale is low and their own league season is as good as over although on the other hand knowing this is all they really have to go for might be all the motivation they need. I just don't see the current Real defence keeping the mancs out for 180 minutes. Especially without Casillas.

I know mate. I was delighted when the draw was made, but in those two months United have got stronger and Real seem to have imploded. Their players may be good enough to individually threaten United but I agree with you on the whole. Won't be watching anyway!

Offline Livid

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #46 on: February 12, 2013, 10:18:02 am »

I think your prayers will be answered. Real's midfield is too far ahead in terms of quality, and they all got a rest on the weekend.
Plus they're deadly on the break and like to rampage through the middle, which is a pretty ominous combination for a side with a soft centre and who prefer to attack anyway.
I think Ferguson was right not to drop too many against Everton. We should have enough to fend off City, but I don't see us being good enough to challenge for the CL.
If it bothers you that much that your wife couldn't join the 'Coloured Society', I suggest you divorce your wife and marry a black woman.  Problem solved.

Online Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #47 on: February 12, 2013, 10:20:16 am »
I think your prayers will be answered. Real's midfield is too far ahead in terms of quality, and they all got a rest on the weekend.
Plus they're deadly on the break and like to rampage through the middle, which is a pretty ominous combination for a side with a soft centre and who prefer to attack anyway.
I think Ferguson was right not to drop too many against Everton. We should have enough to fend off City, but I don't see us being good enough to challenge for the CL.

We'll see. Too many times over the years I've thought that and you always seem to get through. Their defence isn't great, I can definitely see you scoring in Madrid.

Offline Livid

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #48 on: February 12, 2013, 10:46:01 am »
My biggest worry is an injury to Van Persie. He very obviously passes the ball early when he receives it to avoid taking too many challenges from defenders. It's one of the biggest reasons he's avoided injury for so long. He won't take more than a couple of touches normally, so unless you're tight on him at all times you either let him pass the ball or you go in very late. Mourinho will make sure his defenders give Van Persie no time at all.
If it bothers you that much that your wife couldn't join the 'Coloured Society', I suggest you divorce your wife and marry a black woman.  Problem solved.

Online Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #49 on: February 12, 2013, 10:47:50 am »
My biggest worry is an injury to Van Persie. He very obviously passes the ball early when he receives it to avoid taking too many challenges from defenders. It's one of the biggest reasons he's avoided injury for so long. He won't take more than a couple of touches normally, so unless you're tight on him at all times you either let him pass the ball or you go in very late. Mourinho will make sure his defenders give Van Persie no time at all.

Sounds tailor made for a Pepe special. :D

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #50 on: February 12, 2013, 10:53:56 am »
I'd normally try to avoid making a bold prediction.

But they had about as an easy group as you could get, if you handpicked it you'd probably pick the one they had. And yes they qualified easily,but they were troubled by all of the sides at some point.

Real have a player unlike anything United have come across this season in Ronaldo, but they've also got a vastly superior midfield.

It'll be a massacre. They'll get decimated tomorrow, I could quite easily see another Ronaldo hat-trick.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2013, 11:40:49 am by El Lobo »
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Livid

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #51 on: February 12, 2013, 10:56:07 am »
Sounds tailor made for a Pepe special. :D

If so, hopefully we put Scholes on in the last few minutes. He can be both the red rag and the bull.

Online Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #52 on: February 12, 2013, 11:00:44 am »
If so, hopefully we put Scholes on in the last few minutes. He can be both the red rag and the bull.

Fine by me. Shithouse on Shithouse!

Offline RedRedTom

• Knows how to get you there. Finding his thrills on Denmark Hill
  • Legacy Fan
  • Luis Garcia, he drinks sangria
« Reply #53 on: February 12, 2013, 11:40:05 am »
Unfortunately I think United will sneak through this tie.  The second leg being at their gaff will help them, and Real are a bit of a running joke at the moment in Spain.  That said, I could easily be wrong, and I hope I am.
Luis Garcia... tries his luck........

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #54 on: February 12, 2013, 11:48:13 am »
It'll be a massacre. They'll get decimated tomorrow, I could quite easily see another Ronaldo hat-trick.

I see you.  :wave
It's true to say that if Shankly had told us to invade Poland we'd be queuing up 10 deep all the way from Anfield to the Pier Head.

Offline sinnermichael

• I copy other people's photoshops and twitter posts and texts and pretend they're mine.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline Mr_Morosoph

• Moaning bed wetter, cry wanks for Torres
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #57 on: February 12, 2013, 01:15:20 pm »
"I was pleased also with Peter Crouch. We have been talking to him, before and after his nose operation, to show more confidence with his heading.

"Now it seems to have worked. Lets say that if he has a few games without scoring again, maybe we should arrange to break his nose again."

Rafa.

Offline Mashy-rawr!nooo

• Oordeers friiees wiith hiis whoopers!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Once upon a time.....
« Reply #58 on: February 12, 2013, 01:34:20 pm »
Glad to be able to watch juventus and other top teams in good games this week after last night.

Predict juventus to snatch it 2-1.
My Grammar is shit. I no it and you no it.
They're Stoke. They throw sticks at aeroplanes there

Offline Po The Panda

• Keyboard Narcoleptic. Has Christiano Ronaldo as his profile picture. Stuck with this name. You could call it his legacy.....wants to pop a caps lock in yo ass.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • Real Username: LEGACY
« Reply #59 on: February 12, 2013, 02:09:59 pm »
Shakhtar vs Dortmund Has gone under the radar but will be a cracking tie I feel.

Offline Walshy nMe®

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Legend
« Reply #60 on: February 12, 2013, 02:22:17 pm »
Only saw it today but Bayern have only conceded 7 goals all season.

Jesus Christ, that has got to be some kind of record??

I don't see Arsenal getting past them, and now after reading that, does anyone think they'll score?

Offline theredguy03

• Put balls in his mouth and nearly choked
  • Legacy Fan
  • Coutinho- Used to be Man City's tormentor
« Reply #61 on: February 12, 2013, 02:33:59 pm »
Great set of fixtures. Barcelona will have too much for Milan despite them signing Balotelli.

I'm unsure about Real Madrid, they could easily crush United over the 2 legs or play like they did against Granada.
My favourite all time LFC player? Tough choice.

Offline Ultimate Bromance

• The Crab
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #62 on: February 12, 2013, 02:56:19 pm »
Great set of fixtures. Barcelona will have too much for Milan despite them signing Balotelli.

I'm unsure about Real Madrid, they could easily crush United over the 2 legs or play like they did against Granada.

Don't think Mario can play anyway, I imagine he would have featured for City in the group stage.
Clear Eyes, Full Hearts, Can't Lose.

Online Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #63 on: February 12, 2013, 03:19:20 pm »
Don't think Mario can play anyway, I imagine he would have featured for City in the group stage.

He scored their late penalty at home to Dortmund so definitely featured.

Offline SYLENTm

• ight be a total uppet :)
  • Legacy Fan
  • This is Anfield!
    • The Liverpool Way / My FM Story (to start soon)
« Reply #64 on: February 12, 2013, 03:21:27 pm »

He did, I remember him scoring an extra time penalty vs Dortmund
Must admint Cesc is a great prospect new him before he went to Arsenal, same with Pique(now at ManU) and Messi also from Barcelona. Watch out for these guys in the future look very good.

Get him in the scouting team ASAP!

Offline GAZINK

• Main Stander
  • Hail Hail the Celts are Here
« Reply #65 on: February 12, 2013, 03:57:42 pm »
celtic fans

http://videos.sapo.pt/MkmJq1uv8EYY1aHjjCLw

;D

We will beat Juve 1-0 and then probably lose 3-0 over there!
cant wait for tonight, its going to be a brilliant game!

United will lose 3-1 tomorrow and draw the return, they will go no further this year.

Offline OOS

• Jordan Henderson fanclub member #4
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #66 on: February 12, 2013, 04:01:32 pm »
So many good matches to choose from tonight. Dunno which game to watch. Might have to do the auld stream splitscreen.  ;D
"I think the most important thing about music is the sense of escape." - Thom Yorke

Online Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #67 on: February 12, 2013, 04:03:33 pm »
So many good matches to choose from tonight. Dunno which game to watch. Might have to do the auld stream splitscreen.  ;D

Celtic v Juve and Valencia v PSG are your only two options tonight (decent though they both look).

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #68 on: February 12, 2013, 04:04:51 pm »
Celtic v Juve and Valencia v PSG are your only two options tonight (decent though they both look).

Hey! Leicester vs Huddersfield is also on.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline Zanchent

• Sole creator and only disciple to the brand new yet enchanting, charming, one might say "revolutionary", religion known, quite unpredictably, as Zanchentism. It's like Zen, only not.
  • Legacy Fan
  • RTK
« Reply #69 on: February 12, 2013, 04:08:15 pm »
celtic fans

http://videos.sapo.pt/MkmJq1uv8EYY1aHjjCLw

The Trezeguet finish  :lickin

Watching that made me realise how much I miss these nights. Fuck it, looking forward to this tonight anyway!

Offline medley

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Garrincha
« Reply #70 on: February 12, 2013, 04:08:46 pm »
Just read the opening post and saw this:

Tuesday, February 12 2013

Arsenal v Bayern München
Celtic v Juventus
Galatasaray v Schalke 04
Milan v Barcelona
Porto v Málaga
Real Madrid v Manchester United
Shakhtar Donetsk v Borussia Dortmund
Valencia v PSG

Thought to myself, wow, why are there so many games being played tonight until I realised he'd put them all under Tuesday 12th for some strange reason. Thanks for getting my hopes up about watching Milan vs Barca tonight!
My mate is Sarah Harding's cousin from girls aloud, he looks a fair but like her which is a bit weird when i'm cracking one off over MTV like

Offline lfc786

• Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #71 on: February 12, 2013, 04:12:55 pm »
Got a feeling Celtic will win tonight

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #72 on: February 12, 2013, 04:50:58 pm »
What price are Celtic to win?

Offline Po The Panda

• Keyboard Narcoleptic. Has Christiano Ronaldo as his profile picture. Stuck with this name. You could call it his legacy.....wants to pop a caps lock in yo ass.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • Real Username: LEGACY
« Reply #73 on: February 12, 2013, 05:57:03 pm »
Celtic 4/1 to win this some value their. Even the Draw no bet option is a good price. Juve are class side but way to short for this match. Celtic have an amazing home record. 

Can't wait to see Vidal alongside Marchisio two of the best midfielders In the game today.

Offline lfc_col

• Legacy Fan
  • And Could He Play!
« Reply #74 on: February 12, 2013, 06:14:23 pm »
Just read the opening post and saw this:

Tuesday, February 12 2013

Arsenal v Bayern München
Celtic v Juventus
Galatasaray v Schalke 04
Milan v Barcelona
Porto v Málaga
Real Madrid v Manchester United
Shakhtar Donetsk v Borussia Dortmund
Valencia v PSG

Thought to myself, wow, why are there so many games being played tonight until I realised he'd put them all under Tuesday 12th for some strange reason. Thanks for getting my hopes up about watching Milan vs Barca tonight!

Why is there only 2 games tonight ???
We Won It Six Times

JFT 97

Offline KERRYKOP

• KerryKop - Fiendish Bunny Slayer, Enemy Of The Lapine Race and founder of the Benitez band. Mugs old ladies for their kindles. Grindr fiend.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RIP Páidí Ó Sé
« Reply #75 on: February 12, 2013, 06:20:16 pm »
The Celts have a date with destiny with the old lady of Turin. That would work better if it was Valentine night.

Offline stevied

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #76 on: February 12, 2013, 06:20:20 pm »

Scholes hasnt travelled to Spain so Shrek will have to sort Pepe out, i honestly havent looked forward to a non Liverpool game as much as this for years, hope its a close game tomorrow night so Sky will be wanking themselves about the return
i can tip em but cant back em

RAWK Aintree tipping champ 2013

Offline stevied

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #77 on: February 12, 2013, 06:22:13 pm »
Why is there only 2 games tonight ???
they have split it over 4 weeks 2 tonight 2 tomorrow night then the other 8 teams next week before the return legs
i can tip em but cant back em

RAWK Aintree tipping champ 2013

Offline lfc_col

• Legacy Fan
  • And Could He Play!
« Reply #78 on: February 12, 2013, 06:23:33 pm »
they have split it over 4 weeks 2 tonight 2 tomorrow night then the other 8 teams next week before the return legs

They don't half muck around with things UEFA
We Won It Six Times

JFT 97

Offline KERRYKOP

• KerryKop - Fiendish Bunny Slayer, Enemy Of The Lapine Race and founder of the Benitez band. Mugs old ladies for their kindles. Grindr fiend.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RIP Páidí Ó Sé
« Reply #79 on: February 12, 2013, 06:24:14 pm »