Author Topic: Liverpool vs Crystal Palace 14/4/2024 14:00  (Read 12656 times)

Offline cissesbeard

• Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Liverpool vs Crystal Palace 14/4/2024 14:00
« Reply #40 on: April 12, 2024, 04:09:57 pm »
this one seems even bigger after the last 2 games. we look very disjointed last night.
would love to see us go 2 up in the first half then just control the game with no real scares

Online rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #41 on: April 12, 2024, 04:10:49 pm »
For the love of god please put in a shift from the very first minute, it would be great not to be 1-0 or at 1-1 stuggling for chances

Yes, need to be awake on the Kick Off, Sheff Utd nearly scored on 30 secs due to us being asleep and then go full throttle and samsh them before H/T if we can.
Jurgen YNWA

Offline RogerTheRed

• Danke Juergen
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • There's a golden sky on the way
« Reply #42 on: April 12, 2024, 04:20:14 pm »
Come on Redmen!!
Thanks for the op CT. Thoughtfully compiled. Think this will also be a slog.
Come On You Mighty Scouse Reds!!

Online duvva 💅

• lippa RAWK Diivva, broke Kenny's sky
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC Quiz Rivals Most Hated
« Reply #43 on: April 12, 2024, 04:28:04 pm »
Nice rallying call Crimson.

Both the team and us supporters need it. Particularly us who just seem to want to argue about everything and nothing.

Obviously last nights awful performance provoked many responses, almost all justified.
But it’s definitely a time to get behind the team and all the individual players regardless of how we feel they’re playing.

As Crimson says we’ve got 3 more league home games with Jurgen in charge. They’ve worked so hard after a summer of quite a lot of change to get us into this position. Let’s pull together and try and help lift the team to victory in all of them
"If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly" - Jurgen Klopp

Offline PaleBlueDot

• Anny Roader
« Reply #44 on: April 12, 2024, 05:42:48 pm »
Kelleher, Bradley, Konate, Van Dijk, Robertson, Endo, Mac Allister, Szoboszlai, Gakpo, Jota, Salah

Diaz on for Jota at 50ish. Lets hope the game isn't in the balance by 65 so we can sub Mac and Szobo for Gravenberch/Jones. Nunez if Gakpo tires.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2024, 05:44:30 pm by PaleBlueDot »

Offline Snusmumriken

• Kopite
  • Don't believe everything you think
« Reply #45 on: April 12, 2024, 05:49:28 pm »
Would be fun to actually see us scoring the same as the XG or higher for once, so many missed chances lately.

Offline exiledintheUSA

• Not to be confused with Darren from Thetford. Or Phil Dowd.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice HAS come. YNWA 97
« Reply #46 on: April 12, 2024, 05:55:22 pm »
Would be fun to actually see us scoring the same as the XG or higher for once, so many missed chances lately.

Funny and needed.  I'm expecting a massive response, would love to see us score 4 or 5.
Been all over the world but Anfield is still my home.

Online rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #47 on: April 12, 2024, 05:58:42 pm »

Jota being fit should help on that score
Jurgen YNWA

Online disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
« Reply #48 on: April 12, 2024, 06:00:03 pm »
Let's all get behind them as best we can. Atmosphere was fucking crap last night and I understand the importance of the flags which I've always loved seeing on the Kop but I don't believe it really filters down to the players. It's the energy in the stadium you get at moments like Luton earlier in the season, where the crowd becomes so primal you know what's going to happen. If we can just sustain that in the last three home games then all we have to do is take care of business away from home.

That said, the players must do themselves a favour first because at both ends of the field it's going wrong at the minute. Nowhere near clinical enough at one end and conceding shit goals far too often. Sunday is the perfect opportunity to put that right against a bang average team with nothing to play for. Mac Allister was rubbish last night like everyone else but if the rest start playing to the level he's at we will take care of fucking business.

Kelleher
Bradley   Konate   VVD   Robbo
Mac Allister   Szoboszlai   Jones
Salah   Jota   Diaz

JUST. FUCKING. WIN.
Proud follower of the city's junior, and far more successful footballing side

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

19 League Titles, 6 European Cups, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 10 League Cups, 4 European Super Cups, World Champions 2019. We live the dream.

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #49 on: April 12, 2024, 06:03:35 pm »
Thanks for the OP CT :)

Expecting a real thumping, based on absolutely nothing.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Online Draex

• Geek God of Typing Letters. Hugo unleashes Jaws? Purveyor of fuel products in Kent.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #50 on: April 12, 2024, 06:07:59 pm »
Thanks for the OP CT :)

Expecting a real thumping, based on absolutely nothing.

That's the spirit Hazel, hopefully you mean us doing the thumping right?

Offline kop306

• Anny Roader
« Reply #51 on: April 12, 2024, 06:16:04 pm »
alison has to start for me on sunday

we have to go back to keeping clean sheets

kelleher has done well but we need our best players back in the team now

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #52 on: April 12, 2024, 06:19:59 pm »
That's the spirit Hazel, hopefully you mean us doing the thumping right?

Heck yes!

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #53 on: April 12, 2024, 06:41:45 pm »
alison has to start for me on sunday

we have to go back to keeping clean sheets

kelleher has done well but we need our best players back in the team now

I'm surprised people don't want Alisson.

Kelleher has done really well - but Alisson is a level above in all facets. Especially helping us spring attacks.

Online Draex

• Geek God of Typing Letters. Hugo unleashes Jaws? Purveyor of fuel products in Kent.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

Offline Schmarn

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #55 on: April 12, 2024, 06:45:33 pm »
I'm surprised people don't want Alisson.

Kelleher has done really well - but Alisson is a level above in all facets. Especially helping us spring attacks.

Only question is his fitness. Once fit he starts every game but could be another week or two given he hasn’t made the subs bench yet.

Online Hazell

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #56 on: April 12, 2024, 06:48:07 pm »

:D

Good old Roy. Would have preferred to be facing him that Glassner but hey ho.

Online darragh85

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #57 on: April 12, 2024, 06:56:02 pm »
Big reaction needed

Offline Wingman

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #58 on: April 12, 2024, 07:04:12 pm »
If they’re fit to start then play Ali, Trent & Jota, and give Harvey a go as the most advanced midfielder. It would be great to see Bajcetic at some point hopefully with the game well won.

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #59 on: April 12, 2024, 07:10:22 pm »
If they’re fit to start then play Ali, Trent & Jota, and give Harvey a go as the most advanced midfielder. It would be great to see Bajcetic at some point hopefully with the game well won.

There is zero chance you are throwing in three players cold into such a big match.

Trent didn’t get any minutes yesterday and Ali didn’t make bench as he hasn’t been in full training yet.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2024, 07:12:05 pm by Nick110581 »
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Online Legs

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #60 on: April 12, 2024, 07:47:17 pm »

Jota only one likely to start and I don’t think Bajcetic will be on the bench either you can have more in Europe plus I think Klopp said they may try him in an U23 first.

Alisson would 100% start over Kelleher but as he wasn’t named in the squad last night I can’t see him starting Sunday as a few have already said.

Trent likely to come on I’d say as I expect Bradley to start.

Online Draex

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #61 on: April 12, 2024, 08:02:55 pm »
:D

Good old Roy. Would have preferred to be facing him that Glassner but hey ho.

A legend for all the wrong reasons, but I most remember him from Palace.

Online rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #62 on: April 12, 2024, 08:05:38 pm »
Jota only one likely to start and I don’t think Bajcetic will be on the bench either you can have more in Europe plus I think Klopp said they may try him in an U23 first.

Alisson would 100% start over Kelleher but as he wasn’t named in the squad last night I can’t see him starting Sunday as a few have already said.

Trent likely to come on I’d say as I expect Bradley to start.

Not sure about Ali, Klopp said they've been training on their own for a few weeks now, if he's fit, I think he'll start. You're right, Klopp did say Bajcetic would play U23/U21 first
Jurgen YNWA

Online Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #63 on: April 12, 2024, 08:09:14 pm »
Olise back is annoying. Him and Eze will have a field day.

Just have to hope we put our chances away and they don't because it'll just be the weekly basketball game.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Online Legs

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #64 on: April 12, 2024, 08:19:19 pm »
Not sure about Ali, Klopp said they've been training on their own for a few weeks now, if he's fit, I think he'll start. You're right, Klopp did say Bajcetic would play U23/U21 first

Bajcetic is on the bench tonight for U23 so I suspect at some point he gets on in the second half.

Online G Richards

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #65 on: April 12, 2024, 08:23:31 pm »
Main thing is three points. We are going through a blip and we need to stay in the fight in the Prem. I actually think we will start to get better as the rest of the season plays out. We have some big players coming back, and they just need to get reintegrated again to find some rhythm. As that happens, it is vital to keep on winning.

If we put in a performance and pile on a few goals, so much the better. But three points the main thing.

Offline 4pool

• Mr. ( last name) Minister Of Truth - 1984 to 1984. The first to do a Moyesed. A pore grammarist.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool: European Capital of Football 2005/2006
« Reply #66 on: April 12, 2024, 08:33:18 pm »
Just get the 3 points and move on.
Either we are a club of supporters or become a club of customers.

Online Legs

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #67 on: April 12, 2024, 08:35:03 pm »
Just get the 3 points and move on.

We will do mate ✌️

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #68 on: April 12, 2024, 09:33:24 pm »
Main thing is three points. We are going through a blip and we need to stay in the fight in the Prem. I actually think we will start to get better as the rest of the season plays out. We have some big players coming back, and they just need to get reintegrated again to find some rhythm. As that happens, it is vital to keep on winning.

If we put in a performance and pile on a few goals, so much the better. But three points the main thing.

Is the big players thing going to make a difference now? Look at Szobozslai, Salah and even Nunez. Since they have come back from injury, they have looked incredibly rusty. Then you expand that with Jones and Robertson as well.

If we are not careful we could end up with a starting 11 full of players at various levels of fitness and form. I actually think its possibly too late for Trent and Jota to have any influence.

Online Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #69 on: April 12, 2024, 09:35:46 pm »
Is the big players thing going to make a difference now? Look at Szobozslai, Salah and even Nunez. Since they have come back from injury, they have looked incredibly rusty. Then you expand that with Jones and Robertson as well.

If we are not careful we could end up with a starting 11 full of players at various levels of fitness and form. I actually think its possibly too late for Trent and Jota to have any influence.

It does tend to take our players a while to shake off rustiness after injury for whatever reason.

It's one of them though where others who've filled in constantly for months are hitting the wall a bit (Gomez, Endo) and need a decent rest.

Offline whtwht

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #70 on: April 12, 2024, 09:47:14 pm »
Just get Danns on the pitch somehow. Lad has got goals in him and thats what we need.
He'll win the league in the next 3 years. Quote me on that.
Quote me on this, but come next season he'll be great for us. Just needs to remove the walking headless chicken next to him

Online Fromola

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #71 on: April 12, 2024, 09:50:15 pm »
Just get Danns on the pitch somehow. Lad has got goals in him and thats what we need.

When he had that goalscoring run in the first team I thought he could have had a big impact on the run in. He was trusted to come on at Forest at 0-0 (over Gakpo IIRC) but hasn't had a look-in since that concussion which is unfortunate given our woes in front of goal lately. Not that we haven't scored but it's the amount of missed chances in general and lack of composure in the box.

Offline JRed

• After a 2L bottle of strongbow I’d do anything!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #72 on: April 12, 2024, 09:53:43 pm »
The last two games have put massive pressure on this one. It’s a must win really. Like others, I’m quite surprised that Danns hasn’t had more of a chance, particularly with how poor Gakpo and Nunez have been.

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #73 on: April 12, 2024, 09:57:21 pm »
The last two games have put massive pressure on this one. It’s a must win really. Like others, I’m quite surprised that Danns hasn’t had more of a chance, particularly with how poor Gakpo and Nunez have been.

Let’s stop throwing players under the bus that have contributed to our season.
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Online Mister Flip Flop

• More flop than flip.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #74 on: April 12, 2024, 09:57:48 pm »
Will take a 1-0 but ive a feeling we are going to see a unbelievable response from the team and wouldn't be surprised if we score 6 or 7.
Soccer - let's face it, its not really about a game of ball anymore is it?

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #75 on: April 12, 2024, 10:10:39 pm »
Will take a 1-0 but ive a feeling we are going to see a unbelievable response from the team and wouldn't be surprised if we score 6 or 7.

That feels like a very mad feeling.

Can’t see us smacking a team 6/7-0.

Offline JRed

• After a 2L bottle of strongbow I’d do anything!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #76 on: April 12, 2024, 10:21:07 pm »
Let’s stop throwing players under the bus that have contributed to our season.
WTF are you on about?
I’m fucking sick of people on this forum saying shit like that just because you mention players being off form for a few games.
They have both been quite poor in some recent games so I find it surprising that Danns hasn’t had any more minutes. What’s wrong with that?

Offline Andy82lfc

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #77 on: April 12, 2024, 10:59:49 pm »
A few people I see saying Jota will start but post match Atalanta Klopp said Jota has 'no chance of playing 90 minutes' in the next game because basically he had to throw him on to try get a goal I guess earlier than he wanted to.

So in saying that it's maybe more likely he brings him on for 30 mins rather than 60 but will see.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #78 on: April 12, 2024, 11:06:26 pm »
A few people I see saying Jota will start but post match Atalanta Klopp said Jota has 'no chance of playing 90 minutes' in the next game because basically he had to throw him on to try get a goal I guess earlier than he wanted to.

So in saying that it's maybe more likely he brings him on for 30 mins rather than 60 but will see.

I think thats likely. The problem we have is that so many key players have been injured that the tendency will be to play them all but many of them are either not match fit or they are but not as sharp. Thats certainly the case with Jones, Salah, Nunez, Szobozslai and a lesser extent Robertson. Fans may want Trent and Jota back in but we would quickly end up with a side thats the majority unfit players.

On the flip side, we dont have many games left. So we may just want to throw a hail mary and hope for the best.

Offline farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #79 on: April 12, 2024, 11:22:54 pm »
I think thats likely. The problem we have is that so many key players have been injured that the tendency will be to play them all but many of them are either not match fit or they are but not as sharp. Thats certainly the case with Jones, Salah, Nunez, Szobozslai and a lesser extent Robertson. Fans may want Trent and Jota back in but we would quickly end up with a side thats the majority unfit players.

On the flip side, we dont have many games left. So we may just want to throw a hail mary and hope for the best.
Jota starts for me for a few reasons. First, Salah and Lucho pick themselves up, but huge question marks hang over Gakpo and Nunez. Secondly, Jota needs rhythm and if he can get 45 or 60 min, he'd be fine for the rest of the campaign, and we need him. Thirdly, Jota often scores the all-important first goals that put the game in our control. I could be wrong, but neither Salah, nor Lucho, nor Nunez can match that.

Trent vs Bradley, I couldn't pick, depending on fitness and sharpness as you pointed out. Szoboszlai shouldn't start ahead of Elliott, IMHO; I think Elliott and Jones can share some minutes.
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."