Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10
News and Current Affairs / Re: Labour Thread * No Gaza *
« Last post by oldfordie on Today at 02:03:12 pm »
But as Lusty says, where do you draw the line? Starmer has purged a lot of people from the Labour party for not towing his line and yet he welcomes  her. She's attacked victims of her husband, she's anti-immigration and she even had a go at Marcus Rashford's campaign to feed kids.
What next - Liz Truss?
I honestly understand how you feel, am not happy with it and Labour can't stay silent about it either but the need to show all ex Tory voters won't be turned away from Labour must be at the back of the minds of the Labour leadership.
Theres also the possibility of this causing a collapse of the government, more jumping ship to save face. I believe theres a crisis meeting with Sunak and Tory MPs right now.
« Last post by Circa1892 on Today at 02:01:35 pm »
But as Lusty says, where do you draw the line? Starmer has purged a lot of people from the Labour party for not towing his line and yet he welcomes  her. She's attacked victims of her husband, she's anti-immigration and she even had a go at Marcus Rashford's campaign to feed kids.
What next - Liz Truss?

I don't think Liz Truss is as bad as her.
« Last post by Circa1892 on Today at 02:01:13 pm »
So - I don't like this movement and actually think there's very few Tory MPs I rate less than her. I'm far from the "all Tories are evil bastards" camp (although far more are now than there used to be) - she definitely is one though.

But. I guess difficult technically to stop? Effectively she's joined the Labour Party - and is an elected MP.

Although I guess she has to be given the whip...

Net it's a bit meh - but I feel like Labour don't need it at the moment?
PGMOL next season
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/gpzo2I-Ergc" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/gpzo2I-Ergc</a>

It was when Rolf was around

Ange dislikes this post, mate.
Gaming Board for consoles, PC & mobile / Re: Hades II
« Last post by emergency exit on Today at 01:56:45 pm »
Only just getting round to having a blast at Hades I so this is a way off for me. Glad all the reviews are fantastic though!

Take your time and enjoy the first game. The full launch of Hades II won't be until 2025.
Sadly I don't believe that is true.

The one and only goal that the Tories have had since I've been alive is to make the UK a mini-me US where there is no safety net, where people don't have any working rights and barely have any civil rights.

I use Google Earth quite a lot and wander everywhere. It's truly depressing to see the literally miles of homeless people on the streets in the US
Ive no idea on where British politics will be in 20yrs or so Andy, I agree, the Torys will re-group,  I can't see them re-grouping to the far right long term though, they will have to renounce this government to move on and gain the trust of the country again,  I do know the Torys have lost the respect and ear of millions for life, as I say, things have happened today ive never seen before, the Torys are terrified of tactical voting for good reason, it will stop them wining all those minority seats that they always need to win a majority so I think Tory large majority's will be extremely hard for the Torys in the future, that has never happened in the past so that change alone will influence future elections dramatically.
The lead up to the next election will give us a clue, I expect to see a few posts giving advice on who has the best chance of beating the Torys in certain seats.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10