Author Topic: Post game celebrating. Liverpool - Manchester United.  (Read 124911 times)

Offline Simon-1973

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Post game celebrating. Liverpool - Manchester United.
« Reply #600 on: September 13, 2008, 04:16:11 pm »
oh ya beauty... four years is too long, let's enjoy every minute...

Is right mate.. we fully desreved this result and lets enjoy every second of it  :scarf
You'll Never Walk Alone

Offline Billy The Kid

• Out of the closet with a whiet shirt on, but would pay a fiver not to be gay...Would prefer to give his manliness to someone rather than receive theirs especially Amir in another life.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm Your Huckleberry
« Reply #601 on: September 13, 2008, 04:16:13 pm »
So proud of the lads, not only did we outplay them, we OUTFOUGHT them. Everyone was absolutely commited, and up for it. The lads were absolutely fearless, and tackles were flying from everywhere with barely a thought for one's own safety. Mascherano led the way as usual, and everyone followed

Its also nice to know that they performed like that even after conceding an early goal. Winning against those fuckers has been hard to come by in recent years, but to win today after being behind shows a positive change in the attitude of the squad. Carra was immence as captain but Mascherano is the epitomy of commitment. Fucking great to see it, the heads didnt drop, they went toe to toe with them and won. Thats whats so satisfying
When overtaken by defeat, as you may be many times, remember than mans faith in his own ability is tested many times before he is crowned with final victory. Defeats are nothing more than challenges to keep trying.” – Napoleon Hill.

Offline farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #602 on: September 13, 2008, 04:16:31 pm »
Brilliant... Bragging rights for months! And about time... But I was most pleased with the performance, imo, it surpassed the result.
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Offline Ryde-On

• Kicks off down Mathew Street if he hasn't managed to pull a clap-ridden whore on a Saturday
  • Legacy Fan
  • Aye.
« Reply #603 on: September 13, 2008, 04:16:44 pm »
Havent read the whole thread but think Aurelio is being overlooked from what I have read.  He was top class today and if he can stay fit (which is a big if) he'd be up there with Clichy and Evra for what he offers ferom that position.

And what is it with Liverpool-supporting Mancs giving usa helping hand.  First O'Shea, now Wes Orange.  Anymore of their players childhood reds?

For what its worth, my ratings

Reina 8.5/10 - not much to do.  Couldnt do anything about the goal.  Great save from Giggs at a vital stage, and sweeped up well.  Great distribution too - particularly with a kick out to Babel late on from which the Dutchman proceded to completely skin Vidic on the touchline.

Arbeloa 7.5/10 - he's really come to the fore after a pretty dodgy start to the season.  Great at Villa and played really well here again today.

Carragher 8.5/10 - Immense captains performance, kept Berbatov quiet.  Passionate as ever.

Skrtel 8/10 - Great at the back again and helped out Carra well.  His distribution was pretty good too and had a bit of a Pele moment, surging forward playing a one-two on the edge of the box and hitting a decent drive on target from 25 yards!

Aurelio 9.5/10 - My man of the match.  I know United didnt play with much width but Aurelio looked comfortable in defence and got forward to great effect.  Saw really good signs of an understanding developing with Riera.

Mascherano 9/10 - What more can you say about this fella.  Always gives 110% effort.  Bit and nagged in midfield all day.  Great persistance for the winner.  Hope it was just cramp late on.

Alonso 8.5/10 - Now thats more like it from Xabi.  Keep it up.  One ball from left to right to Kuyt near the end had me literally drooling.

Benayoun 7/10 - Good shift on the wings.  Faded out of the games at times but very skilful in possession at times and just a good touch away from getting a goal after brilliantly sneaking in behind in 2nd half.

Riera 7.5/10 - Make that 8 taking into consideration it was his debut.  Really good for a first appearance.  Couple of great backheels sparking attacks and showed great understanding with the overlapping Aurelio.

Kuyt 7.5/10 - Worked his socks off for the team (as usual) - geat vision for the winning goal, but probably shouldve scored one himself late on too.  Really good half-volleyed effortr just wide in 1st half too.

Keane 8/10 - Great link up play.  Was brilliant outside the box but still lacking a bit of sharpness in front of goal as displayed with his air shot from Mascheranos cross.

SUBS

Gerrard - His appearance had a galvanising effect on the team.  Great first touch pass to Babel who mis-controlled couldve led to a real chance.

Babel - STOP - Babel time.  Hero.  Got his body over Kuyts bobbling cut back well to send Anfield wild.  Some great bits of skill too and looked a threat everytime he got the ball.  Keep it up.  Also great piece of wing play to set up late chance for Kuyt.

Ngog - Anonymous  :D

Hyypia - Brought on late to counter United long-ball tactics.

Ridiculous marks.  Keane? 8? Yossi? 7.5??

Thought we fought fantastically well and would have won by more had our forwards possessed more killer instinct (i.e. had Torres been fit).

Riera was great on the left, the back were solid as ever....Arby recovered from a shaky start to the season to keeping all under control.  Carra and Skrtel may as well have been taking Tevez & Berbatov around Seffy park in prams. Fabio kept Fat Head well out of it too.

Xabi & the Monster won it for us.  First to everything, fantastic ball retention and great defensive positioning.  Xabi MoM as Masch very sloppy on their opener.

Yossi's fucking crap.  Never, EVER keeps the ball - be it finishing a dribble, passing the ball successfully, decent shot/cross.  Such a contrast to Riera on the other wing, who hardly ever gave the ball away, even when in some dodgy situations.

Pepe - apart from tipping over from Giggs, had nothing to do.

Keane - dropped off well, but still looks a bit unsure about what exactly it is he's supposed to be doing.   I'm not sure either...he's kind of quick but not fast, can dribble a bit but doesn't take anyone on, shits himself when he has to shoot.  Maybe it's a confidence thing, but for now I'd relegate him to the bench.

Babel is boss.  New David Fairclough.

Offline Suspect Package.

• Legacy Fan
  • Wingers? ....wait, we do have wingers now?
« Reply #604 on: September 13, 2008, 04:17:15 pm »
Battered them without our two best players starting.

Mascherano is worth his weight in gold.
I'm really hoping Sturridge busts out the wacky dip when he scores.

Offline tezmac

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #605 on: September 13, 2008, 04:17:55 pm »
Fucking great two man team eh?
In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king

Offline abhred

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #606 on: September 13, 2008, 04:18:15 pm »
Celebrations over, and I still can't believe it. Haha!
It wouldn't be Liverpool if we didn't do it the hard way... ask Gareth Southgate.

Offline BazC

• ...is as good as Van Basten
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #607 on: September 13, 2008, 04:18:22 pm »
Not only was that good, it was so good I was almost annoyed we didn't win by more! Great play in the second half and half of the first. Riera was very impressive, and was able to play the one touch passing we need to keep the ball around our opponents third. It was sublime stuff at times.

Kuyt and Babel did great towards the end, and Kuyt should have scored a goal or 2.

All that without Gerrard for most of the match or Torres for all of it. Didn't think we could do it, and that was only reaffirmed when they scored their goal right at the start. Absolutely loved the fact we had those c*nts feeling happy then turning them over and putting them in the ground where the belong. Fucking bastard Manc c*nts.

This should be the match and result that sees us turn our performances around- as today was great. And I think a lot of it was to do with the fact Alonso actually had decent players to pass to- Riera and Yossi and Kuyt playing some good stuff. Babel was also doing some brilliant stuff down the left when he came on and set Kuyt up for what should have been our 3rd. Very promising.

So, a great turn around in our performance after we get some decent wide play going. Long may it continue.

“This place will become a bastion of invincibility and you are very lucky young man to be here. They will all come here and be beaten son”

Offline Neil D

• The new Kop pin-up model. Met Momo in the ASDA.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #608 on: September 13, 2008, 04:18:49 pm »
Ferguson moaning about the ref on City. Beautiful.

Offline tezmac

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #609 on: September 13, 2008, 04:18:50 pm »
How did the protest go haven't heard much any photos ect ?
In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king

Offline MonTheKuyt

• Anny Roader
« Reply #610 on: September 13, 2008, 04:19:38 pm »
What a great day, except for the start of the game, the only thing that has brought me down was the pessimistic attitude about the starting line up. Have some faith in the lads for now on people, the team without three of the best players outplayed Utd all over the pitch. Believe in all of our players, from Benayoun to Torres. They all wear the crest with pride and deserve our belief if nothing else. Remember You'll never walk alone, and nor should they.

Offline Alonso_The_Assassin

• Legacy Fan
    • Just Words
« Reply #611 on: September 13, 2008, 04:19:51 pm »
Easy on Yossi. He did well today.

Offline slickman

• Sold to KrapTalk.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #612 on: September 13, 2008, 04:20:09 pm »
The sight of the day for me was to see gerrard babel and torres all warming up at the same time showing our great depth in our squad  ;)

Offline Roji Blanco

• Main Stander
\o/
« Reply #613 on: September 13, 2008, 04:20:18 pm »

Get in ! Get in ! Get in !
✯★✯★✯ - ƒї√ε ṫḯмεṧ

Offline Kahuna{=}Berger

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Innovate, not imitate.
« Reply #614 on: September 13, 2008, 04:20:51 pm »

The United boss was unhappy about Vidic's dismissal, saying: "Carragher was making those challenges all day long, and no fouls were given.

"We had several bookings and a red card. Is that a reflection of Man United being a dirty team? I don't think so. I think the crowd plays a part."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/teams/m/man_utd/7614366.stm

Lay off the scotch ya fuckin tramp!

Offline abhred

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #615 on: September 13, 2008, 04:21:09 pm »
Ferguson moaning about the ref on City. Beautiful.

How I'm dying to hear all of this.

Might just go on redcafe now, for a laugh.
It wouldn't be Liverpool if we didn't do it the hard way... ask Gareth Southgate.

Offline Surprise me.

• Is 2" bigger than fordy87.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • Formerly El Torres.
« Reply #616 on: September 13, 2008, 04:21:14 pm »
What a fucking performance fronm the lads today. Played very bad in our first three games then we come back with a great show just when we needed it. Was gutted when Tevez scored and really thought that we were going to get twated but it was great to see us fight back. Was really impressed with how we played and winning everything. Could have won but so much more but who cares :D

Reira had a class debut, can run past defenders and play some good balls. Bearing(sp?) in mind that this was against united so he could be fantastic against the smaller teams. Really imprssed with how we passed the ball. Have nothing to say about Babel because we know he's class. Aurelio was great, was seeing some of that towards the end of last season which was good.

Last ten minutes of the match was fucking crazy, i was literary sitting there shaking hoping that they wouldnt score.

I love you Rafa :D Well done lads!! What a fucking day.

Got a bit deflated though when i went into Tesco after the match and some cuntish fan was buying the s*n but thats for a different time..

Offline Ryde-On

• Kicks off down Mathew Street if he hasn't managed to pull a clap-ridden whore on a Saturday
  • Legacy Fan
  • Aye.
« Reply #617 on: September 13, 2008, 04:21:19 pm »
Easy on Yossi. He did well today.

No he didn't.  You're only saying that because we won.

Offline G a r y

• Sexist Pig. Wants to mate with Dan Bilzerian
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kop 306
« Reply #618 on: September 13, 2008, 04:21:45 pm »
Sure this has already been posted, but if not, classic - http://www.skysports.com/video/clips/0,23791,12606_4139898,00.html

Phew, at long last, fantastic.
hahahahahahaha, looks like he wanted to cave that manc twats face in when they scored

Offline Phoenix06

• Spreads bullshit more efficiently that the world's biggest muckspreader
  • Kopite
  • I want to be No.1
« Reply #619 on: September 13, 2008, 04:21:48 pm »
It's brilliant to watch Sky squirm.

So what if Man Utd didn't have Ronaldo. They had:

Berbatov (£30m), Rooney (£30m), Tevez (future £32m).

Liverpool didn't have Fernando Torres, and didn't have Steven Gerrard for one hour.

BRILLIANT!!!!! SIMPLY SENSATIONAL. AURELIO DESERVES A MEDAL FOR THAT PERFORMANCE, AND MASCHERANO WAS RUNNING AROUND LIKE A GUINEA PIG WORKING HIS SOCKS OFF.
Sheikh Mohammed Bin Rashid Al Maktoum will own Liverpool FC.

He gets what he wants, and he'll do it the dirty way if he has to.

Offline lainey

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #620 on: September 13, 2008, 04:21:53 pm »
How did the protest go haven't heard much any photos ect ?

there's an upload of the march in here
http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=228235.480

fabulous day so far - may start drinking now

Offline Franck Le Poof

• Blonde transvestite who is utterly haunted by the idea of sitting in other mens piss. Has ticked the box for no publicity ;)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #621 on: September 13, 2008, 04:22:13 pm »
Sure this has already been posted, but if not, classic - http://www.skysports.com/video/clips/0,23791,12606_4139898,00.html

Phew, at long last, fantastic.
:lmao that is a fucking laugh
Whenever I meet a French girl I kiss her on both cheeks. Then I stand up and say hello

Offline GermanCarra90

• Kopite
  • "Fuck it, it's only England"
« Reply #622 on: September 13, 2008, 04:22:43 pm »
such a performence without Torres and most of the time Gerrard??? WOW. Fantastic job done. We outclassed utd for 80 mins. Riera looked very good and this time even I have to say Kuyt made a fantastic job by just closing down and terrorising the defenders. He could score a goal but who gives a damn now???
well, we just need "Level 3" football don´t we?

Offline lfc_col

• Legacy Fan
  • And Could He Play!
« Reply #623 on: September 13, 2008, 04:22:53 pm »
am on top of the world its my birthday today and we beat those dirty scummy mancs  ;D
We Won It Six Times

JFT 97

Offline marlon50tins

• Main Stander
« Reply #624 on: September 13, 2008, 04:23:00 pm »
wat result  u want next week for the scum against no history fc a win for us an a deteat for the manc will put us 9 ahead wont it

Offline cuppatea

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #625 on: September 13, 2008, 04:23:33 pm »
Have to say, I didn't hold out much hope of a win after going behind so early, but the performance, especially in the 2nd half, was great, and the result fantastic. Good debut for Riera and nice to see Xabi and Masch bossing the game in the middle.

Offline MonTheKuyt

• Anny Roader
« Reply #626 on: September 13, 2008, 04:23:41 pm »
Yossi did well, but he is a tactical player, as are a large number of our players and sometimes it feels unbalanced without Babel or Torres on the pitch.

Offline Jin

• ky
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #627 on: September 13, 2008, 04:23:53 pm »
Anyone spot Sammy Lee go ballistic after our goal?  No question, Sammy was fucking up for it today!

Offline rafasredangel

• Legacy Fan
  • Justice for the 96!
« Reply #628 on: September 13, 2008, 04:23:56 pm »
 ;D

I just love beating the mancs.
Andrew Miller MP on the S*n 'What gave them the right to publish such disgusting filth when people had died?' YNWA JFT96
Thatcher's Mind=Managed decline

Offline marlon50tins

• Main Stander
« Reply #629 on: September 13, 2008, 04:24:11 pm »
defeat even not deteat

wat a spa i am

Offline Ron

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #630 on: September 13, 2008, 04:24:17 pm »
How come that bastard Vidic didn't get a red card straight away ?
Our lad was true on goal, wasn't he ?
Fucking Man U refereeing again, eh !

Offline Scarlet`

• Low profile with wide rims
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 96!!!
    • Laconius Arts and Design
« Reply #631 on: September 13, 2008, 04:24:32 pm »
Get innnnnnnnnnnnn

Brilliant win!!!
If Ayre got £25m out of them he's willing to fuck all the female members of my family on Sunday's.

Offline Ryde-On

• Legacy Fan
  • Aye.
« Reply #632 on: September 13, 2008, 04:24:47 pm »
It's brilliant to watch Sky squirm.

So what if Man Utd didn't have Ronaldo. They had:

Berbatov (£30m), Rooney (£30m), Tevez (future £32m).

Liverpool didn't have Fernando Torres, and didn't have Steven Gerrard for one hour.

BRILLIANT!!!!! SIMPLY SENSATIONAL. AURELIO DESERVES A MEDAL FOR THAT PERFORMANCE, AND MASCHERANO WAS RUNNING AROUND LIKE A GUINEA PIG WORKING HIS SOCKS OFF.

Sky fucking hate us.  Today as reinforced that. With 10 mins of the game gone, Gray's calling Berbatov the new Cantona.  Then, at the end, Souness has to fight to get them (including Jamie 'turncoat' Redknapp) to agree that we won today because we were the better team, not because United fucked up.
Though it was nice right at the end for Ronnie Moran to get some praise, although Keys made out as if he was dead.

Offline BalticFleet

• Boys Pen
« Reply #633 on: September 13, 2008, 04:25:03 pm »
Brilliant display and even Fergie admitted it. Well, in his own way:  The United boss was unhappy about Vidic's dismissal, saying: "Carragher was making those challenges all day long, and no fouls were given. (BBC).

Offline Cribertinokes

• Born free. Live free. Die.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice For The 96
« Reply #634 on: September 13, 2008, 04:25:40 pm »
Legend.

See what it means....

Legends have four arms?
These are the days when I hate the world, hate the rich, hate the happy, hate the complacent, the TV watchers, beer drinkers, the satisfied ones. Because I know I can be all of those little hateful things and then I hate myself for realising that.

Offline SallyCinnamon

• Dr. Greenthumb
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #635 on: September 13, 2008, 04:25:57 pm »
No he didn't.  You're only saying that because we won.

Sky gave him MOM

Man of the match: Yossi Benayoun . Constant threat - through the middle and out wide - before making way for Steven Gerrard.

Moment of the match: Ryan Babel's late winner to give Rafa Benitez his first Premier League win over Mr. Ferguson.

Attempt of the match: Ryan Giggs' fizzing, dipping left-foot volley that had Jose Reina at full stretch.

Save of the match: Edwin van der Sar's point-blank save from Dirk Kuyt after making a mess of a corner.

Talking point: That was as good as it got for the United keeper. His pitiful flap at Alonso's deflected shot gave Wes Brown nowhere to go and got Liverpool back in the game. Why didn't Van der Sar just catch it?

Goal of the game: United's top-class opener. Anderson's ball to free Dimitar Berbatov on the right was touched by genius, and the debutant showed his strength to hold off Carragher before cutting the ball back for Carlos Tevez, who bent the ball into the far corner with real style.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I thought that was Yossis' best performance..

Journalist: Without giving any secrets away, how do you practice when you haven't got a six foot seven player in the squad? How on earth can you prepare?

It's about beating him in the air, so we will use Mascherano against him!

NinjaVideo

Offline ArgImAPirate

• Legacy Fan
  • rat a tat tat
« Reply #636 on: September 13, 2008, 04:26:34 pm »
It feels so good to beat them in the league again. A really, really good performance from most of our players. Special mentions to Riera (great debut), Masch (is there a better defensive midfielder in Europe?), and Aurelio (quality, quality performance). Oh and Kuyt, who was excellent.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2008, 04:30:10 pm by ArgImAPirate »

Offline gollne

• clearance...
  • Legacy Fan
  • Arts pics like ass in the morning
« Reply #637 on: September 13, 2008, 04:27:09 pm »
I agree Benayoun was good, but only in the 2nd half. I think Masch, Riera and the defence was just as good.
Rafa: Are you not entertained? Are you not entertained? Is this not why you are here?

Crowd: Spaniard, Spaniard, Spaniard...

Offline RedRush

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #638 on: September 13, 2008, 04:27:44 pm »
We dominated them again (like last year and the year before) but it's good to finally get the results we deserved. I'm enjoying every minute of it.

Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay!

Offline kingluisgarcia

• Legacy Fan
  • Twitter@MattWood23
    • JustAnotherFootballBlog
« Reply #639 on: September 13, 2008, 04:27:50 pm »
Fukin suberb.

Every player deserves credit.

No Gerrard/Torres and we battered the c*nts.