Author Topic: The King's Speech: His conferences and interviews here  (Read 496001 times)

Offline Jagdip

• former Lunatic
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: The King's Speech: His conferences and interviews here
« Reply #800 on: April 29, 2011, 12:09:19 pm »
Kenny wipes the floor with Vincent.

Offline BazC

• ...is as good as Van Basten
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #801 on: April 29, 2011, 12:20:36 pm »
I love the way he puts his view of these people across so subtly. It's not a Mourinho style assault, or a Ferguson flat out snub. He takes it to them and completely catches them off guard with their stupid questions.

“This place will become a bastion of invincibility and you are very lucky young man to be here. They will all come here and be beaten son”

Offline new-red

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #802 on: April 29, 2011, 12:23:54 pm »
ditto... for many here its abt knowing more abt a man they knew already....
for me its knowing a new person totally.... and i'm already in awe of his abilities.... a true champion  :scarf
I'm in the same boat and the man truly astonishes me. Such class, wit, and character. Unlike anything I have ever seen at the position in sports, bar Rafa.
http://redsacrossthepond.blogspot.com/

My LFC blog. If you read it, please leave me any feedback regardless of whether it is critical or complimentary.

Offline Sangria

• In trying to be right ends up wrong without fail
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #803 on: April 29, 2011, 12:45:05 pm »
I'm in the same boat and the man truly astonishes me. Such class, wit, and character. Unlike anything I have ever seen at the position in sports, bar Rafa.

http://www.thecelticwiki.com/page/Gordon+Strachan+-+Quotes

Another Scot who Ferguson didn't get along with.
"i just dont think (Lucas is) that type of player that Kenny wants"
Vidocq, 20 January 2011

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=267148.msg8032258#msg8032258

Offline new-red

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #804 on: April 29, 2011, 03:50:44 pm »
http://www.thecelticwiki.com/page/Gordon+Strachan+-+Quotes

Another Scot who Ferguson didn't get along with.

Reporter: Gordon, Do you think James Beattie deserves to be in the England squad?
Strachan: I don't care, I'm Scottish.

seems to have a similar wit about him. love it.
http://redsacrossthepond.blogspot.com/

My LFC blog. If you read it, please leave me any feedback regardless of whether it is critical or complimentary.

Offline Noelle

• iverpoo?
  • Legacy Fan

Offline Britican

• Anny Roader
  • 96 - Forever Red, Forever Remembered
    • www.wellnesslifeforyou.com
« Reply #806 on: April 29, 2011, 04:13:01 pm »
Vincent Van Goawayyoulittleworm
Quote from my wife: "I won't tell you what the final score was but you won't see any goals"

Offline RigBon1892

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Legend
« Reply #807 on: April 29, 2011, 10:42:25 pm »
I missed all his interviews thank fuck :P

He could have done with doing a media blackout.
I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager.

"Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone
YNWA Rafa.

Offline flies

• undone = knob on show
  • Main Stander
  • Long live the king
« Reply #808 on: April 29, 2011, 10:48:21 pm »
Kenny seems to be more confident with the press nowadays, than in the previously, he continous put downs and wit seems to show how in control he is, imagine if mourinho returns, the press conferences will be leendary within the PL.
LFC till i Die

Offline Sir Capon of Debaser

• #SAUSAGES Pheasant plucking, midget chucking, jazz sax blowing, wannabe mod who'd like to be Danny Dyer's Bitch but too scared to ask in public for a name change, the pussy.....would gladly do one for mouth. Adores cats! RAWK Factor Winner 1897.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Golly! An Alien Judge!
    • https://murderouskaburdacus.bandcamp.com/
« Reply #809 on: April 29, 2011, 11:06:09 pm »
Kenny wipes the floor with Vincent.
Kenny shits on the floor and uses him to wipe it up
« Last Edit: April 29, 2011, 11:08:26 pm by Capon Debaser »

Offline Sir Capon of Debaser

• #SAUSAGES Pheasant plucking, midget chucking, jazz sax blowing, wannabe mod who'd like to be Danny Dyer's Bitch but too scared to ask in public for a name change, the pussy.....would gladly do one for mouth. Adores cats! RAWK Factor Winner 1897.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Golly! An Alien Judge!
    • https://murderouskaburdacus.bandcamp.com/
« Reply #810 on: April 29, 2011, 11:12:28 pm »
Kenny seems to be more confident with the press nowadays, than in the previously, he continous put downs and wit seems to show how in control he is, imagine if mourinho returns, the press conferences will be leendary within the PL.
Why ? Maureens a gobshite who talks absolute bollocks

Kennys just boss

Offline Robotforaday

• Fifty shades off white
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #811 on: April 29, 2011, 11:28:35 pm »
Why does the idiot persist in asking these inane questions when he knows he's going to be humiliated? Trot out simplistic tabloid-headline style sky sports rubbish, and Kenny's going to treat you like shit. Simple. So learn something about football or just do one.

Online farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #812 on: April 29, 2011, 11:52:40 pm »
Why does the idiot persist in asking these inane questions when he knows he's going to be humiliated? Trot out simplistic tabloid-headline style sky sports rubbish, and Kenny's going to treat you like shit. Simple. So learn something about football or just do one.
Did you not answer your own question?
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Offline samlfc

• Main Stander
  • just rawkin'
« Reply #813 on: April 30, 2011, 12:03:29 am »
The message the King is sending out to everyone is...
You are now talking to...
LIVERPOOL FOOTBALL CLUB

Offline lfc_col

• Legacy Fan
  • And Could He Play!
« Reply #814 on: April 30, 2011, 12:33:20 am »

Kenny would wipe the floor with Maureen
We Won It Six Times

JFT 97

Offline Vulmea

• Almost saint-like.....
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #815 on: April 30, 2011, 01:33:22 am »

Think even if he asked a decent question he'd be shredded - Kenny only wants to say what he wants to say but he's only human his words will be twisted and his image tarnished as soon as its suits and Sky and the phone ins will find enough obliging idiots to jump on whatever band wagon and agenda they want to push
The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie — deliberate, contrived and dishonest — but the myth — persistent, persuasive and unrealistic.

John F. Kennedy/Shanklyboy.

Offline Scarlet`

• Low profile with wide rims
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 96!!!
    • Laconius Arts and Design
« Reply #816 on: April 30, 2011, 02:24:44 am »
I want to see Maureen moan then the King do a prolonged controlled shit on his face

XD

That is bad imagery
If Ayre got £25m out of them he's willing to fuck all the female members of my family on Sunday's.

Offline Torpedo Tommy

• Legacy Fan
  • Always next year!
« Reply #817 on: April 30, 2011, 09:08:39 am »
Think even if he asked a decent question he'd be shredded - Kenny only wants to say what he wants to say but he's only human his words will be twisted and his image tarnished as soon as its suits and Sky and the phone ins will find enough obliging idiots to jump on whatever band wagon and agenda they want to push

I think you are right about Sky and their agenda but I'm not convinced it will be as easy for them against us as previous times. We now have the best manager on board since Sky were spawned - and that includes Rafa. By that I'm not referring to tactical awareness or European pedigree. Its the whole package - and part of that package is personality.

Not only does he understand the club and supporters better than any manager during SKY's time (possibly Evans aside), he knows and understands SKY's agenda for football. They've got to be a lot sharper with Kenny because he's brought a unity to the club and he protects his players so much better than previous managers of this era.

Kenny knows that proper reds are behind him. The whole squad knows that the fans are behind Kenny too. It doesn't matter what Darren from Thretford thinks anymore. There is a bond at LFC again and if that doesn't sit with SKY's footballing agenda then so be it.

Absolutely loving this thread - long may it last!

Offline Jin

• ky
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #818 on: April 30, 2011, 09:55:54 am »
The thing about Kenny is he is pretty much untouchable. The press know this and all rules go out the window when they deal with him because their tricks will not work. He's too clever, too wily. He's done and won pretty much everything there is to win. He was not only a phenomenal player, but a very successful manager. If you are not on his side, he's an incredibly intimidating individual to deal with. What can you say to him that could knock his composure?

With the gutter press, they are used to twisting and turning words of people, even Mourinho, who has won much in recent years, and Rafa are targets. But Kenny's seen it all, won it all, a man that's completely comfortable in his own skin and the confidence of someone who's been very successful all his life. The journalists all know this, and it's really amusing seeing them act like meek and demure school girls waiting their turn to politely ask their questions. It's like they are in the headmasters office after doing something naughty, they know if they speak out of turn, Kenny will let them know about it!
« Last Edit: April 30, 2011, 09:57:46 am by Jin »

Offline Armand9

• Legacy Fan
    • http://armand9.deviantart.com/
« Reply #819 on: April 30, 2011, 10:04:55 am »

he's a twat - the recent barca/RM fiasco was hilarious - sends out his team to kick em everytime and moans he can't finish with 11 men - dubious decisions aside, they're always his tactics and he deserves fuckall praise for what he sets out a team of great players to do - sure they got lucky with one cup but it's like taking sugar ray leonard and telling him to be a spoiler in the ring, or attaching sheargar to a fucking old milkfloat.

and then he bitches like a fucking ninny

nah, no-one has ever got any mileage with so-called mindgames with kenny and that won't change if that twat returns to our league
Losing your only chance of silverware this season to your city rival. At home. With the most expensive squad ever assembled.

Have that, you arrogant wanker. CarraG238

Offline RigBon1892

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Legend
« Reply #820 on: April 30, 2011, 10:34:22 am »
I think Kenny would wipe the floor with Mourinho, however, it'd be interesting to see Kenny vs Rafa...
I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager.

YNWA Rafa.

Offline Disintegration

• Legacy Fan
  • Kicking Against The Pricks
    • Attempted blog, didn't last long. As always.
« Reply #821 on: April 30, 2011, 11:50:23 am »
I think Kenny would wipe the floor with Mourinho, however, it'd be interesting to see Kenny vs Rafa...

Well, I think they'd both be respectful. However, in some sort of bizarro world where that wasn't the case....unfortunately Rafa was a bit prone at times to framing outbursts in the wrong way and was therefore easily painted as kooky, even when the point he was actually making was a very good one. It's a shame that a lot of salient remarks were misinterpreted or completely ignored for that reason.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2011, 11:52:43 am by Disintegration »

Offline El Ninos Black Eye

• Legacy Fan
  • What we do in life, echoes in eternity!
« Reply #822 on: April 30, 2011, 01:20:28 pm »
They would probably have to much respect for each other, to wind each other up.
"I'm being watched by the Secret Police and wondering when they’re going to come and take me away"

Offline RigBon1892

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Legend
« Reply #823 on: April 30, 2011, 01:37:22 pm »
I reckon there'd be some amount of banter. The difference between Kenny and Rafa though is that they can't pretend to misunderstand Kenny because of the language barrier.

YNWA Rafa.

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #824 on: April 30, 2011, 01:53:30 pm »
he's a twat - the recent barca/RM fiasco was hilarious - sends out his team to kick em everytime and moans he can't finish with 11 men - dubious decisions aside, they're always his tactics and he deserves fuckall praise for what he sets out a team of great players to do - sure they got lucky with one cup but it's like taking sugar ray leonard and telling him to be a spoiler in the ring, or attaching sheargar to a fucking old milkfloat.

and then he bitches like a fucking ninny

nah, no-one has ever got any mileage with so-called mindgames with kenny and that won't change if that twat returns to our league

Thought Brian Reade summed up Mourhino perfectly today in his column.  A tired old hysterical meglomaniac.  And to think there are Liverpool fans out there who still want him as our manager.  :no
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline gerrardsarmy

• Wouldn't say no to a spanking
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #825 on: May 1, 2011, 04:31:43 pm »
Got this off .tv and loved this part from Kenny;

Dalglish has revitalised Liverpool's season since returning to the hot seat in January.

However, the gaffer remains eager for the players to take the credit for their resurgence.

"They're the ones who do the work and they're the ones who come into training," he said.

"They have to have belief in what they're doing and desire in doing what they want to. We'll encourage them as much as we possibly can and point them in the right direction. They deserve a whole lot of credit."

I could imagine he just instills confidence in all of them.
“I always think that there’s something unpleasant lurking in people who avoid drinking, gambling, table-talk and pretty women. People like that are either sick or secretly hate their fellow-men.”

Offline hitnrock

• Kopite
  • Rafa's Red And White Kop
« Reply #826 on: May 1, 2011, 04:59:51 pm »
"The two lads (Flanagan and Robinson) have come in, and Jonjo is also getting back to fitness. We keep throwing him on at left-back to see if he's like Roberto Carlos or not! He's got a great attitude
:lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao

and then he says this :
"He's only about 596 short (of Ian Callaghan)! I don't know what the difference is between the ages of Carra and Callaghan when they started playing. I think Carra was maybe 17 or 18 when he made his debut, so he's not too far behind"
 ;D ;D ;D
« Last Edit: May 1, 2011, 05:02:41 pm by hitnrock »
Waiting for Gerrard is like waiting for Goku.
Only a few moments remaining until Goku arrives.
Next week:

Goku is almost there, can he stop the ginyu force?
Next week:

Goku is about to arrive, is he up to the challenge?

;)

Offline Zeb

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice.
« Reply #827 on: May 1, 2011, 05:15:09 pm »
But Dalglish played down suggestions Liverpool could catch Manchester City in fourth.

When it was pointed out the Champions League was not out of reach he said: "Neither is the bar but I'm not going to get there right away. We will keep going and see."

Source
"And the voices of the standing Kop still whispering in the wind will salute the wee Scots redman and he will still walk on.
And your money will have bought you nothing."

Offline Crazy horse rocks!

• Anny Roader
We go again.

Offline Scarlet`

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT 96!!!
« Reply #829 on: May 1, 2011, 09:55:07 pm »
"The two lads (Flanagan and Robinson) have come in, and Jonjo is also getting back to fitness. We keep throwing him on at left-back to see if he's like Roberto Carlos or not! He's got a great attitude
:lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao

and then he says this :
"He's only about 596 short (of Ian Callaghan)! I don't know what the difference is between the ages of Carra and Callaghan when they started playing. I think Carra was maybe 17 or 18 when he made his debut, so he's not too far behind"
 ;D ;D ;D

:lmao LMAO

I love the Roberto Carlos quote
If Ayre got £25m out of them he's willing to fuck all the female members of my family on Sunday's.

Offline Scarlet`

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT 96!!!

Offline Guz-kop

• Baz cop
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #831 on: May 1, 2011, 10:06:57 pm »
Got this off .tv and loved this part from Kenny;

Dalglish has revitalised Liverpool's season since returning to the hot seat in January.

However, the gaffer remains eager for the players to take the credit for their resurgence.

"They're the ones who do the work and they're the ones who come into training," he said.

"They have to have belief in what they're doing and desire in doing what they want to. We'll encourage them as much as we possibly can and point them in the right direction. They deserve a whole lot of credit."

I could imagine he just instills confidence in all of them.

Not just confidence but responsibility aswell. Sure you win as a team and lose as a team but the players need to take responsibility too. The motivation and hunger can't keep coming from the manager so by constantly deflecting praise onto the players he's also handing them the onus to kick on when the chips are down. It's great to see
It's wonderful, it's marvellous, it's 3-3

Offline Acaustiq

• Statistically the biggest dick waver and has quotes to prove it. Bitter revisionist.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Finally, Danone Actimel cured him.
« Reply #832 on: May 2, 2011, 05:19:58 am »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/bTQMMItI3wY?fs=1" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/bTQMMItI3wY?fs=1</a>
When your Mum used to pick you up from school and you'd run out and be like 'Mummy I got 9/10 in the spelling test today', would she go 'phenomenal, son'.

Cos if she did she's a stupid fuck.

Offline trigger

• sexist and shallow
  • Legacy Fan
  • The romans invented the knob on a stick
« Reply #833 on: May 2, 2011, 06:58:54 am »
The win moved Liverpool above Tottenham into fifth and in position to qualify for the Europa League.

Dalglish, however, tried to play down suggestions they could catch Manchester City in fourth.

When it was pointed out the Champions League was not out of reach the Reds boss said:

'Neither is the bar but I'm not going to get there right away. We will keep going and see.'

Frankly if your team is mentioned in a Liverpool song, you should be chuffed

Offline fowlermagic

• Ilittarate
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #834 on: May 2, 2011, 04:45:55 pm »
Love the bit where the pundits in the studio voted Suarez MOTM and Kenny says they must know something.... although who are the pundits? Keegan and Scales ....oh they dont know much....lol
I have a simple philosophy: Fill what's empty. Empty what's full. Scratch where it itches. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zi5-V75v-6I

Offline kennysmen

• Main Stander
« Reply #835 on: May 4, 2011, 09:35:56 am »
Love the bit where the pundits in the studio voted Suarez MOTM and Kenny says they must know something.... although who are the pundits? Keegan and Scales ....oh they dont know much....lol

classic!!!! :lmao
This city has two great teams - Liverpool and Liverpool Reserves

Offline flies

• undone = knob on show
  • Main Stander
  • Long live the king
« Reply #836 on: May 6, 2011, 12:11:35 pm »
What time is today's press conference at? Shown anywhere?
LFC till i Die

Offline Howard1234

• Anny Roader
« Reply #837 on: May 6, 2011, 12:21:22 pm »
What time is today's press conference at? Shown anywhere?

1.30pm  LFCTV

Offline trenchtownrasta

• fairy anne
  • Kopite
  • you may say I'm a dreamer,but I'm not the only one
« Reply #838 on: May 6, 2011, 12:45:12 pm »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/bTQMMItI3wY?fs=1" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/bTQMMItI3wY?fs=1</a>
'Say what you like about deaf people'.

Offline neilinneslfc

• Kopite
« Reply #839 on: May 6, 2011, 01:23:04 pm »
1.30pm  LFCTV

On the tv schedule it says 'the Andy Carroll story' is on at 1:30.
Lets twat these fuckers!!!!