Author Topic: The King's Speech: His conferences and interviews here  (Read 495929 times)

Offline nocturnalvin

• Legacy Fan
  • Justice For The 96.
Re: The King's Speech: His conferences and interviews here
« Reply #4080 on: March 26, 2012, 09:22:27 pm »
despite these boards, i'm glad that in the afternoon (where i am), i spoke to a few young chaps, Liverpool supporters. I asked very directly, and they told me, the day we become like chelsea and sack a manager half a season into a rebuilding season, they will stop watching football for good.

Offline Bonaqua

• Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #4081 on: March 26, 2012, 09:22:35 pm »
That's it, basically.

I feel we are at a critical point in our future and we need to start moving forward.

I read a depressing article earlier -

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/liverpool/9166045/Liverpools-latest-disappointment-at-home-to-Wigan-highlights-Anfields-blindness-to-modern-failings.html

I'll no doubt get heat for even mentioning it, but reading it is depressing albeit vicious.   We could lose our position in English football forever if we continue to float around in Villa territory.   People on here telling me in should completely abandon my senses because we won a Carling Cup in an ultimately underwhelming fashion is also quite worrying.  Bragging about getting to a semi-final of a domestic cup is also unprecedented times as a fan of LFC.

Fortunately we have people like you who can lead us out of this mess  ::)

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC - Living rent-free in the heads of our rivals
« Reply #4082 on: March 26, 2012, 09:23:05 pm »
No. I already said that it wouldn't happen and I think that Rafa will be our next manager.

Fuckin hell its a bit intense on here!!

Sorry haven't been following what you been saying. Just saw Mourinho being mentioned as a possible candidate and went off on one.

Besides I think its damn right direspectful talking about possible replacements for Kenny when he's still got the job. Afterall hes done for this club aswell. Ungrateful cretins....

Offline Colin

• No new LFC topics
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #4083 on: March 26, 2012, 09:24:03 pm »
Double those points?

To bring us to approximately 28-30 games i.e. a similar stage to the season as we are now. 

Simple maths....

Offline nocturnalvin

• Legacy Fan
  • Justice For The 96.
« Reply #4084 on: March 26, 2012, 09:24:38 pm »
Sorry haven't been following what you been saying. Just saw Mourinho being mentioned as a possible candidate and went off on one.

Besides I think its damn right direspectful talking about possible replacements for Kenny when he's still got the job. Afterall hes done for this club aswell. Ungrateful cretins....

This.

Offline Blade

• Not the sharpest tool in the box
  • Kopite
« Reply #4085 on: March 26, 2012, 09:24:38 pm »
To bring us to approximately 28-30 games i.e. a similar stage to the season as we are now. 

Simple maths....

Simple maths? You are joking, right?

Offline shelovesyou

• andyouknow youshouldbe glad OOOOOOH!!!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Yes
« Reply #4086 on: March 26, 2012, 09:24:57 pm »
If we have an empty manager's job in the summer he would be top of my list personally.

I think Kenny is a legend and a hero and very brave for taking the job. He has done great to get us a cup. I think he has taken us as far as he can this time around.

And to answer the question about a season for Rafa? If you take the Liverpool job you have to accept that whatever you do, if you don't qualify for the Champions League at least, it is a failure. How ever you dress it up. Its top four or bust. We are not Villa or newcastle and if you can't get us Champions League Qualification over the course of a season then there are others who can.

Maureen is the antithesis of everything this club stands for mate.
If you cannot see that then Fowler help you.
the easiest way for me to grow as a person is to surround myself with people smarter than I am

Offline Mutton Geoff

• 'The Invigilator'
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Life is a journey, not a destination.
« Reply #4087 on: March 26, 2012, 09:25:05 pm »
despite these boards, i'm glad that in the afternoon (where i am), i spoke to a few young chaps, Liverpool supporters. I asked very directly, and they told me, the day we become like chelsea and sack a manager half a season into a rebuilding season, they will stop watching football for good.

Good lads to there lots of decent young lads who still know what matters in this club!
« Last Edit: March 26, 2012, 09:27:13 pm by geoffstrong »
A world were Liars and Hypocrites are accepted and rewarded and honest people are derided!
Who voted in this lying corrupt bastard anyway

Offline Colin

• No new LFC topics
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #4088 on: March 26, 2012, 09:25:18 pm »
Fortunately we have people like you who can lead us out of this mess  ::)

Yep.

Offline LondonRedMan

• wants to donate to RAWk because a kindly mod took away his nasty CT.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Don't buy the S*n
« Reply #4089 on: March 26, 2012, 09:26:01 pm »
Not saying Kenny isn't a top class manager but at the same time, no other big club would be after his services at this point in time.

"Rabble rousers" aka the one;s who are pissed at fortress Anfield becoming more like Craven Cottage?  People need to quit kidding themselves on here.

As for your cheap shot at Kenny, Kenny had job offers even during his break/retirement. WE benefitted from Kenny's services (he rescued us from the mess we were in last season) AND WE continue benfitting from his services - take a look atthe trophy cabinet for proof.

Anfield becoming Craven Cottage? No, you are simply focussing on a recent bad run. Taking the bad run out of the equation, Anfield has been a fortress - Manu, Mancity and, Spurs and Chelsea failed to beat us there.

Give Kenny credit and support

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4090 on: March 26, 2012, 09:26:20 pm »
Man Utd would never settle for what the malaise that we've been through the past 20 years.  Someone needs to step up and change our path and so far everyone seems to have their fingers on their lips like little school boys. 

Man Utd went through 26 years of shit. Won a lot less then us in that time aswell.

Offline Dirk18Kuyt

• Kopite
« Reply #4091 on: March 26, 2012, 09:27:07 pm »
Actually you did but two things Liverpool know about is Jose is a total egotistical arsehole who should never be contemplated as our manager and Rafa will never be a JH choice and the sooner he has a job somewhere else the better, if only to get rid of this Rafa back agenda in here!

Agreed, Mourinho is all for his own success. His last two clubs? Look where they are now.

I think the Rafa back thing is just because his sacking was so unjustified, one bad season including a European semi final, a second place finish the year before... Not right.

Man Utd went through 26 years of shit. Won a lot less then us in that time aswell.

We've gone 21 years without the league. Think it's time to get it back to be honest, don't care who's in charge, could be Mr Blobby.

Offline El Ivy

• Kemlynite
« Reply #4092 on: March 26, 2012, 09:27:07 pm »
Well please feel free to leave.

Welcome to supportersville!

Haha!

Listen to all the superfans.

I don't want Kenny sacked and would feel ashamed if he was.
I thought this was a forum to give yor honest opinion.

I have been a red since I was born in 1976 so anyone who says they are suspicious cos I'm new on here can do one.

I love the King but my honest feeling is that he is not the man to win us that premier league. That opinion is based on me going to the game and seeing it for myself. I would hate to see Kenny abused and the boos started on Saturday already.

If he stepped aside of his own accord in the summer I personnally think that might be for the best.

If he carries on and sticks with it then I will sing his name every week as always.

Offline Colin

• No new LFC topics
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #4093 on: March 26, 2012, 09:27:13 pm »
Simple maths? You are joking, right?

No?

Offline nocturnalvin

• Legacy Fan
  • Justice For The 96.
« Reply #4094 on: March 26, 2012, 09:27:22 pm »

why bother. He's a manc.

Offline nocturnalvin

• Legacy Fan
  • Justice For The 96.
« Reply #4095 on: March 26, 2012, 09:28:18 pm »
Haha!

I have been a red since I was born in 1976 so anyone who says they are suspicious cos I'm new on here can do one.

I love the King but my honest feeling is that he is not the man to win us that premier league. That opinion is based on me going to the game and seeing it for myself. I would hate to see Kenny abused and the boos started on Saturday already.

If he stepped aside of his own accord in the summer I personnally think that might be for the best.

If he carries on and sticks with it then I will sing his name every week as always.

don't kid yourself.

Offline Blade

• Kopite
« Reply #4096 on: March 26, 2012, 09:28:36 pm »

Now you are just making things up. Man Utd have never went through a bad spell since the beginning of the league in 1992.

Offline farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #4097 on: March 26, 2012, 09:29:11 pm »
Now you are just making things up. Man Utd have never went through a bad spell since the beginning of the league football in 1992.

Corrected for you. ;)
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Offline shelovesyou

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Yes
« Reply #4098 on: March 26, 2012, 09:29:25 pm »
Haha!

Ok so apart from Rafa, who wont be coming back, and Mourinho, who is ?
the easiest way for me to grow as a person is to surround myself with people smarter than I am

Offline El Ivy

• Kemlynite
« Reply #4099 on: March 26, 2012, 09:29:52 pm »

Offline bornandbRED

• ... an ESL super fan. aka physioSTALKER
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4100 on: March 26, 2012, 09:30:20 pm »
Bit worried by that interview were Kenny is arguing that disallowed goal with the reporter. Poor Kenny looked at breaking point. He looks so alone. :-[

Aye, hate seeing him like this. It's as if every reporter is trying to ridicule him.

Far cry from the sharp, witty character he was when he first came back. Hopefully he'll be back to usual form next season.

Offline Blade

• Kopite
« Reply #4101 on: March 26, 2012, 09:30:22 pm »
No?

In that case, you have lost my attention.

Offline farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #4102 on: March 26, 2012, 09:30:42 pm »
You won't be short on choice from these boards alone, mate, everyone can manage nowadays, just needs a Playstation...
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Offline El Ivy

• Kemlynite
« Reply #4103 on: March 26, 2012, 09:31:21 pm »

I have reason to believe that Rafa will come back if offered the job.

Offline LondonRedMan

• Legacy Fan
  • Don't buy the S*n
« Reply #4104 on: March 26, 2012, 09:31:52 pm »
I think you overrate the effects of the opinions of people on an internet forum. Kenny won't get sacked, FSG will not want to tear down everything they started just because things have gone downhill. The performance towards the end of last season as well as the cups will add to Kenny's credit but he really cannot afford another poor transfer window.

Thanks. I really hope you are right. As for the internet rabble, they are also now on the radio. Stan Collymore's show is littered with them tonight.

Offline Harinder

• RAWK Star. Top Kharbooja. Heat-Sikhing Missile Launcher. Purveyor of burning bushes, interpreter of dreams, provider of Egyptian travel before the age of 30, and saviour of RAWK. Also he has a beard.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4105 on: March 26, 2012, 09:32:36 pm »
Haha!

The boos weren't for Kenny

It's just so funny when Superfan is the only retort people have when those who support the club question those who feel Maureen could do a job for us.

Just clicked on the main board and my virus scanner came back with this

"When we visited this site, we found it exhibited one or more risky behaviors."

:lmao

Strip his knighthood https://submissions.epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/47770

Offline Crimson_Tank

• Rhyming Slang. RAWK Virgil. Knows a proper spit-roast when he sees one.....something to do with the law of the bi.....Is truly a giant amongst the short staff.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Time is an illusion, Lunchtime, doubly so." F.P.
« Reply #4106 on: March 26, 2012, 09:32:41 pm »
You won't be short on choice from these boards alone, mate, everyone can manage nowadays, just needs a Playstation...

Or a PC with FM
I watched a YouTube video and decided that Paul Konchesky looked like a player.
A dead animal is a dead animal. And a piece of meat is a piece of meat.

Offline L666KOP

• Wants everyone to fuck off. Especially you. Yes YOU! Too Tender for Tinder. Would swallow his knob on a genuine fuck up.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4107 on: March 26, 2012, 09:32:43 pm »

Correct.
But he wont.
13mins - Bournemouth have gone home. Utd kicked off anyway. Still 0-0 as Smalling passes it back to De Gea.

Offline nocturnalvin

• Legacy Fan
  • Justice For The 96.
« Reply #4108 on: March 26, 2012, 09:32:57 pm »
Which bit?

singing his name ? he should continue to do that. We'd be proud of you.

Offline Colin

• No new LFC topics
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #4109 on: March 26, 2012, 09:33:15 pm »
In that case, you have lost my attention.

No, do elaborate Einstein. 

« Reply #4110 on: March 26, 2012, 09:33:16 pm »
So, we've bought Suarez for 23 million, and can easily get 40 million for him in the open market. We've bought Enrique for 6 million, and can easily get 10 million for him in the open market. We've got Carroll, Henderson and Coates for 58 million, and we don't really know how much they will be worth in 3-4 years, since they are still young. Downing and Adam were probably the poorest deals, for 25 million combined, but we could probably recoup at least 15 million if we decide to sell this summer. So yes, I agree that we have added over 100 million worth of quality to the squad (maybe even more), but we have also lost 70 million worth of quality (maybe even more).

The point is we should not be spending these sort of fees on young players who's contribution will more than likely be limited for a few years and will in no way match what we have paid for them. We have spent so much on young players who do not posses exceptional skill hoping for a bright future and we've ignored the problems of the present. Can you honestly tell me we have spent wisely? Or that we have even spent ok? My only consolation is that Kenny is not as stubborn as some other managers and if he has made mistakes he will be willing to learn and make changes where needed.

Offline Mutton Geoff

• 'The Invigilator'
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Life is a journey, not a destination.
« Reply #4111 on: March 26, 2012, 09:33:50 pm »
Haha!

Since 76 you say that makes you around the 40 mark however you don't post like a guy of that age, but given you say that, you wanted Maureen where you around in Cardiff when he showed our fans no respect at all, we say here no man is bigger than the club however Kenny is close to it , but you want a guy who thinks he is bigger than football, and also every club he left in the shit because he buys for his short term success and never invests in the future, the next real manager will find this out!
A world were Liars and Hypocrites are accepted and rewarded and honest people are derided!
Who voted in this lying corrupt bastard anyway

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4112 on: March 26, 2012, 09:34:07 pm »
Now you are just making things up. Man Utd have never went through a bad spell since the beginning of the league in 1992.

Haha, there is no fooling you is there. ;D

Offline montysmum

• Was brought up in an entirely queg-free area.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4113 on: March 26, 2012, 09:34:44 pm »

You know him do you?

Of course Rafa would come back - he has said as much in previous interviews and is 'the elephant in the room' while Kenny or anyone else has the job.

It is one reason why some are not willing to give kenny the time he should have.
"If the supporters love me, then it's only half as much as I love them." - Kenny Dalglish. Liverpool Manager

Offline Bonaqua

• Kopite
« Reply #4114 on: March 26, 2012, 09:35:45 pm »
90% of neutrals, probably about 70% of LFC fans that i've spoke to.

RAWK is not a good representation of LFC fans, particularly when most candid threads get locked.

LOL! You just made these numbers up right?
You lost your momentum with this one mate  :wave

Offline El Ivy

• Kemlynite
« Reply #4115 on: March 26, 2012, 09:35:55 pm »
The boos weren't for Kenny

It's just so funny when Superfan is the only retort people have when those who support the club question those who feel Maureen could do a job for us.

Its not a case of that mate.

Some people just seem to sit in wait for those who dare say anything remotely bad about Kenny and then jump on them and accuse them of being fickle or mancs or whatever. At the end of the day we are all just fellow reds who are pissed off and who have different ideas on where its going wrong. Its that blind faith thing that does my head in cos we wont move forward with red tinted specs on. No offence intended though.

Offline LondonRedMan

• Legacy Fan
  • Don't buy the S*n
« Reply #4116 on: March 26, 2012, 09:36:36 pm »

STOP. Kenny is our manager so stop this crap stirring.

LFC fans like Rafa but Kenny is our manager and needs our support and time to continue the progress. We don't need trouble makers who are blinded by media hounding of Kenny. You know, there's nothing much going on in the footy world since they got rid of AVB and Wengre's Arsenal hit form so they have decided to round on Kenny whilst settling old scores (as he has put the media in their place throughout his footballing reign) but ppl like you cannot see it.

Offline shelovesyou

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Yes
« Reply #4117 on: March 26, 2012, 09:36:42 pm »

;) Of course, how silly of me.

Offline shelovesyou

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Yes
« Reply #4118 on: March 26, 2012, 09:37:00 pm »

No you dont.

Offline Zimlfc

• Main Stander
« Reply #4119 on: March 26, 2012, 09:37:54 pm »
why did he tell you so ?