Author Topic: The King's Speech: His conferences and interviews here  (Read 495930 times)

Offline Colin

• No new LFC topics
  • Anny Roader
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: The King's Speech: His conferences and interviews here
« Reply #4040 on: March 26, 2012, 08:57:01 pm »
The year Rafa won the Champion's League? I don't think we did.

Here's the difference, just as i posted in TIA earlier today:

I recall Rafa's first season where we were shit in the league. But even then i could see the potential. With Kenny - I don't, really. I can see ways in which we can improve etc but im not convinced that his signings will ever justify their cost which ultimately fucks us over as we should have had much better players instead.

What i mean is - i don't see any real plan coming together. I don't see any "method in the madness". I don't see any blueprint for future league success. It's not like back in 05/06 - 06/07 when Alonso was kicking ass and we had little gems like Garcia and we were generally looking like we were moving in a good direction.

Now we've got a Downing, Adam, Carroll, Hendo et al who even at full capacity just aren't going to ever have me blown away.

Offline Colin

• No new LFC topics
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #4041 on: March 26, 2012, 08:57:35 pm »
See ya' Colon.

Enjoy RAWK.

I'd prefer if you weren't trying to engineer a ban of a fellow LFC fan just because you don't like my views.

Stay classy mate. 

Offline LondonRedMan

• wants to donate to RAWk because a kindly mod took away his nasty CT.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Don't buy the S*n
« Reply #4042 on: March 26, 2012, 08:58:03 pm »
I continue to support Kenny regardless of what the media is saying.

Stan Collymore is winding me up on TS tonight. He's talking about getting Mourinho in.

Just hope these attacks against Kenny do not affect the team's prep for the semi and not result in FSG making rash decisions.

Kenny is the right man.

Offline placidcasual

• Main Stander
  • No you won't fool the children of the Rafalution
« Reply #4043 on: March 26, 2012, 09:01:35 pm »
Here's the difference, just as i posted in TIA earlier today:

Far what its worth Colin I totally agree with you. If people think that is being disrespectful they are entitled to their opinion.

Offline Harinder

• RAWK Star. Top Kharbooja. Heat-Sikhing Missile Launcher. Purveyor of burning bushes, interpreter of dreams, provider of Egyptian travel before the age of 30, and saviour of RAWK. Also he has a beard.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4044 on: March 26, 2012, 09:03:20 pm »
Not really, no. 

If i was a troll, id be a very honest one wouldn't I?

It's weird - because if i came on here and make a complete lie of a thread about how Carroll et al are going to take over Europe in a few years i'd get saluted but yet i come on here and ask why we're so shit in the league and i get slated as a troll.  This is ltierally the only place on the internet where id be called a troll for telling the truth about these things.

But it's YOUR truth

Lets look at the thread we are in "The King's Speech: His conferences and interviews here"

There are many who would say he's lost it, he's not with it anymore, he can't beat those around him and he can't do this/that/the other

Let's look at what he's done. Told a media that you are pandering to, quite literaly with the Telegraph article, to fuck off. He knocked out Man City and Man Utd in cup competitions in the same month. He gave us silverware after a pronlonged drought.

He galvanised us when we were low. When the world expected us to get thumped by El Ninny's Chelsea we didn't.

What hasn't he done? Removed that same TEAM mentality that means we sometimes don't do as well against the considered lower teams or newly promoted teams. As the catalogue of streams you watch will tell you that's been there for some time so it's removal is not instantaneous. Ged realised this, as did Rafa... now how about you?

IF, and I don't think it's a big if, you can't then it's ok. It truly is ok. You see this is because nearly 35-40k odd people in a stadium (leaving out the travelling fans) kind of get this. They don't like our teams mentality at times, senior players included. Those who go on the aways, circa 3-5k, also get this. We rant, rave and go a bit loony but fully understand we aren't Chelsea kneejerkers or Arsenals anti Arsene wankers.

So... are you kneejerker or wanker? If neither then there is a beloved option of becoming a supporter. Not a shitbag "fan" who's got possibly footystreamsrus.com on one side and twatball365 on the other

Make your choice wisely Colin
« Last Edit: March 26, 2012, 09:10:37 pm by Harinder »
Just clicked on the main board and my virus scanner came back with this

"When we visited this site, we found it exhibited one or more risky behaviors."

:lmao

Strip his knighthood https://submissions.epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/47770

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC - Living rent-free in the heads of our rivals
« Reply #4045 on: March 26, 2012, 09:04:08 pm »
Bit worried by that interview were Kenny is arguing that disallowed goal with the reporter. Poor Kenny looked at breaking point. He looks so alone. :-[

Offline And Could He Play

• aka And Could He Play.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4046 on: March 26, 2012, 09:04:10 pm »
If we had Mourinho as our manager I'd be made up. Welcome back Champions League.

Honestly if I was offered Mourinho at the end of the season to replace kenny I would say yes 100%. He is class. .

It wouldn't happen though. I think Kenny will stand aside at the end of the season and Rafa will come back.

mourinho and class in the same sentence, the mans a winner, i wont deny it, top manager, but class? nah. oh and Rafa won't come back and if he did, how long would he get, a season like Kenny?
www. ... .com      RAWK Clique Leader
Not saying my ex girlfriend was a slag but even the label in her knickers said next.

Offline Blade

• Not the sharpest tool in the box
  • Kopite
« Reply #4047 on: March 26, 2012, 09:04:20 pm »
I recall Rafa's first season where we were shit in the league. But even then i could see the potential. With Kenny - I don't, really.

Take a look at this, and think before replying this time.

http://www.statto.com/football/stats/england/premier-league/2011-2012/versus-top-half/full

Offline Harinder

• RAWK Star. Top Kharbooja. Heat-Sikhing Missile Launcher. Purveyor of burning bushes, interpreter of dreams, provider of Egyptian travel before the age of 30, and saviour of RAWK. Also he has a beard.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4048 on: March 26, 2012, 09:05:27 pm »
If we had Mourinho as our manager I'd be made up. Welcome back Champions League.

Honestly if I was offered Mourinho at the end of the season to replace kenny I would say yes 100%. He is class. .

It wouldn't happen though. I think Kenny will stand aside at the end of the season and Rafa will come back.

Yeah - he's fucking great. He's a fucking hee-ro. Yeah. Total.

He's a class A tit ffs.

Strip his knighthood https://submissions.epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/47770

Offline montysmum

• Was brought up in an entirely queg-free area.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4049 on: March 26, 2012, 09:07:40 pm »

and if that happened and things weren't going right after one season would you be calling for him to be sacked?
"If the supporters love me, then it's only half as much as I love them." - Kenny Dalglish. Liverpool Manager

« Reply #4050 on: March 26, 2012, 09:08:05 pm »
What 100 million? We have added new value of 35 million. Some of the new players, like Carroll, Henderson and Coates, are still pretty young, so we don't know how good they will turn out to be. Suarez and Enrique have already proved to be good signings. Downing has shown signs of improvement, and Adam is a decent squad player for 7 million. You don't get more improvement than that for 35 million.

Forget that tired spin mate, we had good players in the club and some shite which were shipped off.

We added over 100M worth of quality to a squad with

25. Reina
1.  Jones

23. Carragher
5.  Agger
2.  Johnson
6.  Aurelio
34. Kelly
37. Skrtel
38. Flanagan
49. Robinson

8.  Gerrard
20. Spearing
21. Lucas
33. Shelvey

11. Maxi
18. Kuyt

Offline LondonRedMan

• Legacy Fan
  • Don't buy the S*n
« Reply #4051 on: March 26, 2012, 09:08:09 pm »

Well, I don't agree with that rubbish.

We have a top class manager right now. Kenny is the man for the job BUT he needs time - something some 'fans' are not willing to give him.

I really hope Kenny can do the cup double to quieten the rabble rousers

Offline El Ivy

• Kemlynite
« Reply #4052 on: March 26, 2012, 09:10:13 pm »
mourinho and class in the same sentence, the mans a winner, i wont deny it, top manager, but class? nah. oh and Rafa won't come back and if he did, how long would he get, a season like Kenny?

If we have an empty manager's job in the summer he would be top of my list personally.

I think Kenny is a legend and a hero and very brave for taking the job. He has done great to get us a cup. I think he has taken us as far as he can this time around.

And to answer the question about a season for Rafa? If you take the Liverpool job you have to accept that whatever you do, if you don't qualify for the Champions League at least, it is a failure. How ever you dress it up. Its top four or bust. We are not Villa or newcastle and if you can't get us Champions League Qualification over the course of a season then there are others who can.

Offline El Ivy

• Kemlynite
« Reply #4053 on: March 26, 2012, 09:10:53 pm »

We have a top class manager right now. Kenny is the man for the job BUT he needs time - something some 'fans' are not willing to give him.

It won't quieten anyone. Face facts. We should be top four.

Offline AJ4Seven

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4054 on: March 26, 2012, 09:11:29 pm »

It won't, in the same way 4th wasn't enough for Rafa(his lack of silverware was a constant dig at him), people are just going to use whatever they can to have a go.

Offline LondonRedMan

• Legacy Fan
  • Don't buy the S*n
« Reply #4055 on: March 26, 2012, 09:11:34 pm »
Bit worried by that interview were Kenny is arguing that disallowed goal with the reporter. Poor Kenny looked at breaking point. He looks so alone. :-[

I'm very down and feel for Kenny. What's even sadder is that some of our fans are doing the bidding of those who dislike Kenny.

Offline El Ivy

• Kemlynite
« Reply #4056 on: March 26, 2012, 09:11:48 pm »
and if that happened and things weren't going right after one season would you be calling for him to be sacked?

I don't think it would. I'm not calling for Kenny to be sacked.

Offline Harinder

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4057 on: March 26, 2012, 09:13:25 pm »
If we have an empty manager's job in the summer he would be top of my list personally.

I think Kenny is a legend and a hero and very brave for taking the job. He has done great to get us a cup. I think he has taken us as far as he can this time around.

And to answer the question about a season for Rafa? If you take the Liverpool job you have to accept that whatever you do, if you don't qualify for the Champions League at least, it is a failure. How ever you dress it up. Its top four or bust. We are not Villa or newcastle and if you can't get us Champions League Qualification over the course of a season then there are others who can.

Mancini didn't. With money and an already lavished with money squad.

Offline Colin

• No new LFC topics
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #4058 on: March 26, 2012, 09:13:26 pm »
Take a look at this, and think before replying this time.

http://www.statto.com/football/stats/england/premier-league/2011-2012/versus-top-half/full

I had a good look at that.

What do you want me to say?

Double those games and points up and it'd be

Man Utd -  P28   .....60 points.
Man City - p28 ....56 points.
LFC -  P30........40 points.

A little bit better but it's not like there's a real hidden message in that other than to say we raise our game against the other big sides but can't beat the lower ones.  Nothing i don't know, not sure what the point of such tables are anyway.

Offline montysmum

• Was brought up in an entirely queg-free area.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4059 on: March 26, 2012, 09:13:48 pm »

So managers have a single season to get us to top 4 and then they are out?  We become like Cheklsea, trawling round the world looking for replacement managers at the end of every season, bringing in new backroom staff, with different ideas, demanding more and more money to bring in their particular version of that winning team?

You really think that is the way to bring success to the club?
"If the supporters love me, then it's only half as much as I love them." - Kenny Dalglish. Liverpool Manager

Offline L666KOP

• Wants everyone to fuck off. Especially you. Yes YOU! Too Tender for Tinder. Would swallow his knob on a genuine fuck up.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4060 on: March 26, 2012, 09:14:16 pm »

You are a barcode, now where's my fiver ?
13mins - Bournemouth have gone home. Utd kicked off anyway. Still 0-0 as Smalling passes it back to De Gea.

Offline LondonRedMan

• Legacy Fan
  • Don't buy the S*n
« Reply #4061 on: March 26, 2012, 09:14:34 pm »

You have only just joined this forum and you are encouraging the sacking of Kenny. I smell a rat.

My message to you, if you are genuine, show some respect for Kenny and show some patience - all manager's need time.

Offline El Ivy

• Kemlynite
« Reply #4062 on: March 26, 2012, 09:15:47 pm »
So managers have a single season to get us to top 4 and then they are out?  We become like Cheklsea, trawling round the world looking for replacement managers at the end of every season, bringing in new backroom staff, with different ideas, demanding more and more money to bring in their particular version of that winning team?

No. Chelsea sack managers for not winning the league. Once again I'm not saying sack Kenny.

Offline Colin

• No new LFC topics
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #4063 on: March 26, 2012, 09:16:36 pm »

Not saying Kenny isn't a top class manager but at the same time, no other big club would be after his services at this point in time.

"Rabble rousers" aka the one;s who are pissed at fortress Anfield becoming more like Craven Cottage?  People need to quit kidding themselves on here.

Offline El Ivy

• Kemlynite
« Reply #4064 on: March 26, 2012, 09:17:09 pm »
You have only just joined this forum and you are encouraging the sacking of Kenny. I smell a rat.

My message to you, if you are genuine, show some respect for Kenny and show some patience - all manager's need time.

Once again I am not asking for Kenny to be sacked. Just giving my opinion on what should be deemed as successful for a Liverpool manager.

Offline Mutton Geoff

• 'The Invigilator'
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Life is a journey, not a destination.
« Reply #4065 on: March 26, 2012, 09:18:04 pm »
I don't think it would. I'm not calling for Kenny to be sacked.
Actually you did but two things Liverpool know about is Jose is a total egotistical arsehole who should never be contemplated as our manager and Rafa will never be a JH choice and the sooner he has a job somewhere else the better, if only to get rid of this Rafa back agenda in here!
A world were Liars and Hypocrites are accepted and rewarded and honest people are derided!
Who voted in this lying corrupt bastard anyway

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC - Living rent-free in the heads of our rivals
« Reply #4066 on: March 26, 2012, 09:18:10 pm »

Lets just say for a minute that Kenny did step aside and we had a position open for a managerial vacancy. Do you honestly believe with all the other teams vying for his services Mourinho would just choose to ignore them and decide to come and manage us instead?

Offline AJ4Seven

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4067 on: March 26, 2012, 09:18:29 pm »
Mancini didn't. With money and an already lavished with money squad.

What? Any manager should be able to take a side immediately into the top 4 whilst simultaneously winning trophies & planning for the future.

Offline Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #4068 on: March 26, 2012, 09:18:37 pm »

Why ?

Kenny is a great manager not a miracle worker he will need time to turn around the mistakes of Hicks, Gillet, Purslow and Hodgson. He will also need everyone to be behind him not sniping at him and willing him to fail.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline Harinder

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4069 on: March 26, 2012, 09:18:43 pm »

yerrrh, yeahhhrrrrr, raa raa raahhhh. Gerrrin innit. That wot da ambramabitch does. Dat should be da noo Liverpool way yeah.

Totally the way forward  ;D

Offline nocturnalvin

• Legacy Fan
  • Justice For The 96.
« Reply #4070 on: March 26, 2012, 09:18:51 pm »
@Colin,

You should support another Club really. Really.

« Reply #4071 on: March 26, 2012, 09:19:39 pm »
I'm very down and feel for Kenny. What's even sadder is that some of our fans are doing the bidding of those who dislike Kenny.

I think you overrate the effects of the opinions of people on an internet forum. Kenny won't get sacked, FSG will not want to tear down everything they started just because things have gone downhill. The performance towards the end of last season as well as the cups will add to Kenny's credit but he really cannot afford another poor transfer window.

Offline El Ivy

• Kemlynite
« Reply #4072 on: March 26, 2012, 09:19:47 pm »
Lets just say for a minute that Kenny did step aside and we had a position open for a managerial vacancy. Do you honestly believe with all the other teams vying for his services Mourinho would just choose to ignore them and decide to come and manage us instead?

No. I already said that it wouldn't happen and I think that Rafa will be our next manager.

Fuckin hell its a bit intense on here!!

Offline Colin

• No new LFC topics
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #4073 on: March 26, 2012, 09:20:38 pm »
Once again I am not asking for Kenny to be sacked. Just giving my opinion on what should be deemed as successful for a Liverpool manager.

Sentiment isn't going to win us the PL that's for sure.

Like you, im not saying to sack Kenny but if we finish this season weekly things will certainly need to be reviewed and should be.  I think that's fair enough.

Man Utd would never settle for what the malaise that we've been through the past 20 years.  Someone needs to step up and change our path and so far everyone seems to have their fingers on their lips like little school boys. 

Offline Blade

• Kopite
« Reply #4074 on: March 26, 2012, 09:20:44 pm »
Forget that tired spin mate, we had good players in the club and some shite which were shipped off.

We added over 100M worth of quality to a squad with

25. Reina
1.  Jones

23. Carragher
5.  Agger
2.  Johnson
6.  Aurelio
34. Kelly
37. Skrtel
38. Flanagan
49. Robinson

8.  Gerrard
20. Spearing
21. Lucas
33. Shelvey

11. Maxi
18. Kuyt

So, we've bought Suarez for 23 million, and can easily get 40 million for him in the open market. We've bought Enrique for 6 million, and can easily get 10 million for him in the open market. We've got Carroll, Henderson and Coates for 58 million, and we don't really know how much they will be worth in 3-4 years, since they are still young. Downing and Adam were probably the poorest deals, for 25 million combined, but we could probably recoup at least 15 million if we decide to sell this summer. So yes, I agree that we have added over 100 million worth of quality to the squad (maybe even more), but we have also lost 70 million worth of quality (maybe even more).

Offline Mutton Geoff

• 'The Invigilator'
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Life is a journey, not a destination.
« Reply #4075 on: March 26, 2012, 09:20:53 pm »
@Colin,

And take the ivy league with him!
A world were Liars and Hypocrites are accepted and rewarded and honest people are derided!
Who voted in this lying corrupt bastard anyway

Offline Harinder

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4076 on: March 26, 2012, 09:21:00 pm »
No. I already said that it wouldn't happen and I think that Rafa will be our next manager.

Fuckin hell its a bit intense on here!!

Well please feel free to leave.

Welcome to supportersville!

Offline Colin

• No new LFC topics
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #4077 on: March 26, 2012, 09:21:20 pm »
@Colin,

No.  You should. 

Birmingham or someone.

Offline farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #4078 on: March 26, 2012, 09:21:25 pm »
Strange that what people call support these days...
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Offline Blade

• Kopite
« Reply #4079 on: March 26, 2012, 09:21:59 pm »
I had a good look at that.

What do you want me to say?

Double those games and points up and it'd be

Man Utd -  P28   .....60 points.
Man City - p28 ....56 points.
LFC -  P30........40 points.

A little bit better but it's not like there's a real hidden message in that other than to say we raise our game against the other big sides but can't beat the lower ones.  Nothing i don't know, not sure what the point of such tables are anyway.

Double those points?