Author Topic: COVID-19:VERIFIED news sources, 0 politishit, 0 CONSPIRACY SHITE  (Read 3462098 times)

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
Re: COVID-19:VERIFIED news sources, 0 politishit, 0 CONSPIRACY SHITE
« Reply #66960 on: December 21, 2021, 11:57:48 am »
interesting piece this. i think you could say the 'opposite' of this also applies. some will likely now have continued anxiety or mental health issues as a result of the pandemic - and may choose to forever wear a mask or avoid larger crowds etc.

There is probably an increased number with anxiety / other mental health issues by being around people not wearing masks.

Offline RainbowFlick

• The Test Ticket Tout. Head of the RAWK Vice Squad.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #66961 on: December 21, 2021, 12:04:45 pm »
There is probably an increased number with anxiety / other mental health issues by being around people not wearing masks.

yep, no doubt. i felt anxiety at the first match of the season being the only person in my block wearing a mask, almost like i was spiralling for about 15 minutes. i can only imagine how difficult it'll be for those with actual mental health struggles.
YNWA.

Online Red-Soldier

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #66962 on: December 21, 2021, 12:26:51 pm »
There isn't normally a choice. But ideally you want a different type to your first 2 as it is more effective.

It is odd that the hospital cases seem to be going down at the moment isn't it? It is over 2 weeks since the cases started spiking.

Not really.  All the noise from SA was that it is mild.

Currently, the biggest impacts from Omicron are health workers having to isolate, thus not being able to work (care for people), and the hopitality sector going down the pan.

Online [new username under construction]

• Poster formerly know as shadowbane. Never lost his head whilst others panicked. Fucking kopite!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Insert something awesome here!
« Reply #66963 on: December 21, 2021, 12:27:37 pm »

Currently, the biggest impacts from Omicron are health workers having to isolate, thus not being able to work (care for people), and the hopitality sector going down the pan.

I think a few places are suggesting it's milder but even if it isn't then the vaccines are doing their job very well

Online rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #66964 on: December 21, 2021, 12:29:51 pm »

Its certainly affecting my moods and my anger issues when I'm out, especially when we cut through the Trafford Centre yesterday and it was packed out with non mask wearers and security where stood there like fucking mannequins.
Jurgen YNWA

Online Red-Soldier

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #66965 on: December 21, 2021, 12:32:19 pm »
I think a few places are suggesting it's milder but even if it isn't then the vaccines are doing their job very well

Exactly.  They are great

Offline LovelyCushionedHeader

• Not so pleasant non-upholstered footer
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #66966 on: December 21, 2021, 12:52:54 pm »
Took a LFT last night which was negative. Got my booster this morning. Received an email from work saying that a few people have tested positive. Took another LFT, tested positive.
And if the rain stops, and everything's dry.. she would cry, just so I could drink tears from her eyes.

Offline 12C

• aka 54F
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • “The Ribbons are Red”
« Reply #66967 on: December 21, 2021, 12:55:49 pm »
interesting piece this. i think you could say the 'opposite' of this also applies. some will likely now have continued anxiety or mental health issues as a result of the pandemic - and may choose to forever wear a masks, avoid larger crowds or feel anxiety being around unmasked people etc.

not to delve too deep into the argument around masks, but it did surprise me how quickly a lot of firmly anti-Tory types just ripped off their masks knowing what a shitshow the pandemic has been as soon as they weren't mandated. no judgment really as ultimately it should be the government telling people, but it did surprise me, can't lie.

The Tories who were anti mask were playing to the gallery of English exceptionalists who think it is somehow foreign and weak to wear a mask. All part of the nationalist propaganda where plucky Brits overcome the odds, and beat the foreign virus unlike those other nations who cowered in lockdown (and didn’t have 160k dead).
Swayne is one of the worst.
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us."

Offline 12C

• aka 54F
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • “The Ribbons are Red”
« Reply #66968 on: December 21, 2021, 12:56:29 pm »
Took a LFT last night which was negative. Got my booster this morning. Received an email from work saying that a few people have tested positive. Took another LFT, tested positive.

Shit.
Hope you are Ok.
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us."

Offline 12C

• aka 54F
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • “The Ribbons are Red”
« Reply #66969 on: December 21, 2021, 12:59:44 pm »

Saw a piece on how SA being later to vaccinate means they perhaps have  stronger resistance to Omicron. The article pointed out that they had “paid” for this with the lives of those who died in large numbers prior to the vaccination programme getting up to speed.

Offline TSC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #66970 on: December 21, 2021, 01:05:12 pm »
Chancellor dishing the dosh for hospitality

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news

Offline Wabaloolah

• Rocks to the East, Rocks to the West. Definitely Unscotch.
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez Allez Allez
    • My Twitter Account
« Reply #66971 on: December 21, 2021, 01:09:30 pm »
Day six of having this cough, although it’s not as bad as it was over the weekend. Still yet to find out whether we are positive or not - hopefully we get the text today. Have a feeling we’ll be back in lockdown by the time our isolation ends.
I very much doubt there'll be another lockdown, at least not in the sense of the ones we've had before, there will probably be some additional restrictions, think hospitality will be restricted, rule of six again and masks when moving around but Johnson cannot afford politically a lockdown so will resist unless the number of infections and hospitalisations are off the scale.

Hope you feel better soon, by the way.

I've had a cough for weeks now, LFTs and PCR all negative, hopefully yours will be the same and it's just the usual winter cold/cough that you can get at this time of the year
However if something serious happens to them I will eat my own cock.

If anyone is going to put a few fingers deep into my arse it's going to be me.

Offline PaulF

• https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/paulfelce
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing feels as good as fat tastes.
« Reply #66972 on: December 21, 2021, 01:11:18 pm »
Its certainly affecting my moods and my anger issues when I'm out, especially when we cut through the Trafford Centre yesterday and it was packed out with non mask wearers and security where stood there like fucking mannequins.
While people can just say 'i have a medical exemption', I don't see any point in security getting involved. Shit I know. But there it is.
"All the lads have been talking about is walking out in front of the Kop, with 40,000 singing 'You'll Never Walk Alone'," Collins told BBC Radio Solent. "All the money in the world couldn't buy that feeling," he added.

Offline Musketeer Gripweed

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #66973 on: December 21, 2021, 01:19:33 pm »

There are a huge amount of asthma sufferers work and shop in my local Asda I've noticed recently.

Offline Wabaloolah

• Rocks to the East, Rocks to the West. Definitely Unscotch.
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez Allez Allez
    • My Twitter Account
« Reply #66974 on: December 21, 2021, 01:23:44 pm »
There are a huge amount of asthma sufferers work and shop in my local Asda I've noticed recently.
Asthma is not a reason for not wearing one anyway, the missus has bad asthma, had to have steroids a couple of times where it has led to a chest infection but she religiously wears a mask and has to wear one in work even when sat down at her desk.

The people can't wear masks due to asthma are in the main talking bollocks as if you suffer from asthma, the last thing you would want would be COVID
However if something serious happens to them I will eat my own cock.

If anyone is going to put a few fingers deep into my arse it's going to be me.

Offline alonsoisared

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #66975 on: December 21, 2021, 01:33:51 pm »
interesting piece this. i think you could say the 'opposite' of this also applies. some will likely now have continued anxiety or mental health issues as a result of the pandemic - and may choose to forever wear a masks, avoid larger crowds or feel anxiety being around unmasked people etc.

not to delve too deep into the argument around masks, but it did surprise me how quickly a lot of firmly anti-Tory types just ripped off their masks knowing what a shitshow the pandemic has been as soon as they weren't mandated. no judgment really as ultimately it should be the government telling people, but it did surprise me, can't lie.
I don't mean to be facetious but surely being "overwhelmed" by your glasses fogging up can't compare to the anxiety of getting the virus or passing it on to someone you love? I can't help but feel a lot of people in this country are hiding behind stuff like this so they can escape the flak from not wearing a mask. Just like the amount of asthma sufferers there are out there at the moment.

I live in Spain and I work in my mask all day. I haven't been in to a shop or on public transport without a mask since this all kicked off. I've always suffered with asthma but it's had no affect on me. Just like in England, when the first few people started wearing masks around that February people laughed and thought it was ridiculous. Then the government mandated it and we all just get on with it. In England they gave people the choice and now they can say no because their glasses fogging up overwhelms them. Some things are more important here surely.

We still had to wear them even in the street until the summer. Many people still wear them out and about particularly in busy streets or in city centres. It feels like common sense. People's attitudes towards it here I find incredible. It really isn't that much of a hardship.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2021, 01:42:06 pm by alonsoisared »

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #66976 on: December 21, 2021, 01:36:07 pm »
Asthma is not a reason for not wearing one anyway, the missus has bad asthma, had to have steroids a couple of times where it has led to a chest infection but she religiously wears a mask and has to wear one in work even when sat down at her desk.

The people can't wear masks due to asthma are in the main talking bollocks as if you suffer from asthma, the last thing you would want would be COVID
My brother has asthma and always wears a mask. Others I know who struggle with a mask wear visors instead.
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Online redbyrdz

• No to sub-optimal passing! Not content with one century, this girl does two together. Oh, and FUCK THE TORIES deh-deh-deh-deh!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #66977 on: December 21, 2021, 01:40:15 pm »
99% of people not wearing masks, even where it is the law, suffer from arseholism.
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us." - Bill Shankly

Online djahern

• aka Gail Yodeller
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #66978 on: December 21, 2021, 01:52:21 pm »
There isn't normally a choice. But ideally you want a different type to your first 2 as it is more effective.

It is odd that the hospital cases seem to be going down at the moment isn't it? It is over 2 weeks since the cases started spiking.
Hospitalisation numbers are rising, have been for over a week.

Offline Musketeer Gripweed

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #66979 on: December 21, 2021, 01:55:33 pm »
99% of people not wearing masks, even where it is the law, suffer from arseholism.

Most of them look as if they are waiting for you to confront them. Weird selfish people.

Online rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #66980 on: December 21, 2021, 02:04:33 pm »
While people can just say 'i have a medical exemption', I don't see any point in security getting involved. Shit I know. But there it is.

When there are hundreds of young women and men strutting about maskless, they know they are taking the piss though.

Shocking isn't it? My missus ended up in hospital for 3 days when pregnant with our 2nd, could barely breathe and her sats were 90. Amazingly, she has no issue wearing a mask ....................................
Jurgen YNWA

Offline LovelyCushionedHeader

• Not so pleasant non-upholstered footer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #66981 on: December 21, 2021, 02:25:37 pm »
Shit.
Hope you are Ok.

Feel worse for going the vaccination centre with it to be honest, and to a couple of shops this morning. Don't see how that could have been avoided though without testing myself every hour of every day! Shows how hard the virus is to contain I guess.
And if the rain stops, and everything's dry.. she would cry, just so I could drink tears from her eyes.

Offline PaulF

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #66982 on: December 21, 2021, 02:30:30 pm »
When there are hundreds of young women and men strutting about maskless, they know they are taking the piss though.

Shocking isn't it? My missus ended up in hospital for 3 days when pregnant with our 2nd, could barely breathe and her sats were 90. Amazingly, she has no issue wearing a mask ....................................

Yeah, but realistically, what they going to do?  I must admit I don't really know what retail security staff do? I assume they are more of a 'presence' and a deterrent, rather than proactively stop crime.  Little more than the cardboard cut outs of a coppa or nan at a store entrance.  I guess I've watched too much Mall cop.
"All the lads have been talking about is walking out in front of the Kop, with 40,000 singing 'You'll Never Walk Alone'," Collins told BBC Radio Solent. "All the money in the world couldn't buy that feeling," he added.

Offline RainbowFlick

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #66983 on: December 21, 2021, 02:43:17 pm »
Yeah, but realistically, what they going to do?  I must admit I don't really know what retail security staff do? I assume they are more of a 'presence' and a deterrent, rather than proactively stop crime.  Little more than the cardboard cut outs of a coppa or nan at a store entrance.  I guess I've watched too much Mall cop.

get Paul Blart riding his segway enforcing mask wearing  :o ;D
YNWA.

Offline Dull Tools

• Likes James Corden.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #66984 on: December 21, 2021, 02:53:38 pm »

The hospitality and travel sectors aren't down to the virus though.

If the vaccines are working when we aren't really isolating then are there any need for further restrictions.

As everyone has said here, most people around shopping aren't wearing masks and there are still no issues with the hospitals.

Offline PaulF

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #66985 on: December 21, 2021, 02:58:55 pm »
As everyone has said here, most people around shopping aren't wearing masks and there are still no issues with the hospitals.
I disagree with that . Last time I went out at least 50% were mask wearing. And I'd be surprised if it weren't higher than 70%.
That said it's more supermarket than shopping mall for me.

Offline RainbowFlick

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #66986 on: December 21, 2021, 03:02:13 pm »

If the vaccines are working when we aren't really isolating then are there any need for further restrictions.

but there will be issues with supply chains and staffing generally. coupled with some harsher brexit stuff in January, I think there may be a few weeks of difficulties there. hospitals are busy though (as they always are over winter, but more so), even if maybe not falling apart which some people seem to think is the point we should do *anything*.
YNWA.

Offline smicer07

• Negative, miserable sod!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #66987 on: December 21, 2021, 03:03:39 pm »
Wonder if we've broken the 100k barrier today?

Offline RainbowFlick

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #66988 on: December 21, 2021, 03:09:15 pm »
turns out Rickie Lambert is one of *those* guys too https://www.instagram.com/l4mbo07/?hl=en

insane logic on his instagram and of course Dejan Lovren is liking all his posts too
YNWA.

Online LanceLink!!!!!

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #66989 on: December 21, 2021, 03:11:44 pm »
I listened to TalkSport in last night for a couple of hours, the adverts alternated between a gambling one or a covid booster advert, the wording and the frequency of them felt like proper brainwashing stuff, like a George Orwell novel.

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #66990 on: December 21, 2021, 03:16:37 pm »
turns out Rickie Lambert is one of *those* guys too https://www.instagram.com/l4mbo07/?hl=en

*those* meaning "fucking idiot".

Offline TSC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #66991 on: December 21, 2021, 03:49:23 pm »
Scotland have effectively banned fans from sports events from Boxing Day for 3 weeks and table service only in hospitality

Hogmanay celebration in Edinburgh also canx
« Last Edit: December 21, 2021, 04:05:22 pm by TSC »

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #66992 on: December 21, 2021, 03:57:48 pm »
Been out today

Love the mask wearers who pull up their jumper 😬
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #66993 on: December 21, 2021, 04:03:33 pm »
90,629 cases reported. 172 deaths.

Still not over 100k (officially).

Amazing amount of boosters again.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2021, 04:05:48 pm by The G in Gluhwein »

Online Red-Soldier

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #66994 on: December 21, 2021, 04:05:00 pm »

People are cancelling events and changing their behaviour - driven by Omicron.

I know.  It's great that hospitalisations aren't increasing!  Perhaps, the people that suggested it wont be so bad, were right.....

Perhaps we've hit the peak (in cases) and that things will now start to level off.

Channel 4 news asked last night whether Omicron would increase hospitalisations and deaths, but couldn't get a prediction.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2021, 04:07:52 pm by Red-Soldier »

Offline filopastry

• seldom posts but often delivers
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Let me tell you a story.........
« Reply #66995 on: December 21, 2021, 04:05:34 pm »
90,629 cases reported. 172 deaths.

Still not over 100k?

Cases in London have been levelling off at least which to me seems to largely be based on changing behaviour (lots of empty pubs and restaurants)

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #66996 on: December 21, 2021, 04:06:35 pm »
Cases in London have been levelling off at least which to me seems to largely be based on changing behaviour (lots of empty pubs and restaurants)
Is this as bad as it gets daily cases wise then you reckon?

Offline filopastry

• seldom posts but often delivers
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Let me tell you a story.........
« Reply #66997 on: December 21, 2021, 04:10:27 pm »

As long as those behaviours hold then I'm not sure it will be horrifically worse from here, should start to get benefit from school closures as well.

Even if behaviour does revert a bit, socialising may be less of a driver in Jan than Dec, hard to call though, as I certainly think things could go significantly higher if we returned fully to normal in terms of everyone going back to the office and socialising as normal.

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #66998 on: December 21, 2021, 04:10:39 pm »
Went out today and town was quiet.

A few shops closed due to staff sickness too.
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Offline didi shamone

• Too old for fighting
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #66999 on: December 21, 2021, 04:12:39 pm »

I still expect the post Christmas early January spike to be the peak in most places. It's the peak mixing time for all ages.
I'm hoping for it to be brief enough. All speculative on my part.