Author Topic: COVID-19:VERIFIED news sources, 0 politishit, 0 CONSPIRACY SHITE  (Read 3475225 times)

Online Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
Re: COVID-19:VERIFIED news sources, 0 politishit, 0 CONSPIRACY SHITE
« Reply #66840 on: December 20, 2021, 10:07:56 pm »
See, if we get to the stage where people aren't allowed to leave the house if they've got a cold we'll be well and truly fucked.

Well I never said he shouldn't be allowed to leave the house. I'm just saying if I had such very obvious symptoms I'd keep my public transport use to an absolute bare minimum because I wouldn't want people to be quietly freaking out that I might have Covid. I'm trying to be mindful that this situation still has a lot of people very stressed out.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #66841 on: December 20, 2021, 10:09:13 pm »
it's why you need rules and laws for almost anything - most of the time most people will do the right thing because it's right and sensible thing to do. Rules and laws are in place to deal with the minority of people who behave like dicks.

What we need (I think) isn't so much a legal requirement to wear a mask, as a legal requirement not to - a proof of exemption if you will. Most people wouldn't be arsed to apply if there was an actual process to go through, even if there were no specific criteria. That said, even then it's almost impossible to police because the resources for enforcement just aren't available.

The mask wearing is fundamentally a British problem. No other country in the EU faces it. 

When it wasn't mandated then people felt they didn't need too for reasons only they know.

I genuinely don't know why you would get on a train and not wear one because Johnson and his cronies said it wasn't needed when numbers were not reducing. 
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Offline alonsoisared

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #66842 on: December 20, 2021, 10:17:18 pm »
Waiting for my LFT results as I've developed symptoms in the last few hours, will probably go get a PCR even if it's negative. Mask wearing in Liverpool is pretty much the worst it's ever been from what I can see, excluding when they weren't required anymore obvs.

Edit: Meant to be having my booster tomorrow as well ::)
missed this earlier, fingers crossed it comes to nothing and you're fit and well for Christmas!

This fucking virus. Absolutely everywhere at the moment.

Offline 67CherryRed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #66843 on: December 20, 2021, 10:20:25 pm »
Well I never said he shouldn't be allowed to leave the house. I'm just saying if I had such very obvious symptoms I'd keep my public transport use to an absolute bare minimum because I wouldn't want people to be quietly freaking out that I might have Covid. I'm trying to be mindful that this situation still has a lot of people very stressed out.
Oh yeah I wasn't having a go, I think it's natural to react the way you did the way things are now, it's just shitty for the other person if (hopefully) he's tested himself and knows it's just a cold and is trying to just get on with life.

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #66844 on: December 20, 2021, 10:33:42 pm »
Oh yeah I wasn't having a go, I think it's natural to react the way you did the way things are now, it's just shitty for the other person if (hopefully) he's tested himself and knows it's just a cold and is trying to just get on with life.

You are essentially relying on people testing regularly when out and about.

It isn't fool proof but helps reduce the speed.

I learnt today that if someone in your house tests positive and you are double vaccinated then you don't have to self isolate if negative. I thought you both would as highly likely you catch it.
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Online Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #66845 on: December 20, 2021, 10:34:51 pm »

Absolutely. It's no fun being unwell, so being made to feel like an outcast on top of that is pretty grim.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #66846 on: December 20, 2021, 11:09:19 pm »
You are essentially relying on people testing regularly when out and about.

It isn't fool proof but helps reduce the speed.

I learnt today that if someone in your house tests positive and you are double vaccinated then you don't have to self isolate if negative. I thought you both would as highly likely you catch it.

My wife and daughter have had Covid in the last couple of months at separate times. Both times, me and my son didn’t catch it and we had a couple of PCRs both times. It’s really weird.

Offline Zaffarious

• likes 2 mins from the toilet
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Militant Fan
« Reply #66847 on: December 20, 2021, 11:11:01 pm »
My wife and daughter have had Covid in the last couple of months at separate times. Both times, me and my son didn’t catch it and we had a couple of PCRs both times. It’s really weird.

this is so odd. my sisters daughter had covid. none of her other kids , her or her husband got covid. kids not vaccinated (but have had covid from nursery in the past). both parents double / triple vaxxed. still a bit odd.

Offline filopastry

• seldom posts but often delivers
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Let me tell you a story.........
« Reply #66848 on: December 20, 2021, 11:29:14 pm »
CDC now estimating 73% of US cases are Omicron, previous estimate was 3% a week ago (although they now think that was really about 13% or so)

Offline Alan B'Stard

• Wistfully recalling maternal tongue.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Never rub another mans rhubarb!
« Reply #66849 on: December 20, 2021, 11:45:43 pm »
My 4 year old currently has it but is asymptomatic. Both my wife and I tested negative. This highly contagious virus seems to have failed. Luckily we both recently had boosters.
“If you don't stand for something you will fall for anything”

🏆 🏆 🏆 🏆 🏆 🏆
77 78  81 84 05 19

Offline kennedy81

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #66850 on: December 20, 2021, 11:58:43 pm »
CDC now estimating 73% of US cases are Omicron, previous estimate was 3% a week ago (although they now think that was really about 13% or so)

Holy fuck. It doesn't hang about in getting around. I was quite nervous getting my booster today, which was in a local hotel and the ventilation wasn't great at times, and social distancing is largely pointless in an enclosed space with an airborne virus.
I had an FFP2 mask on, but still. Even if it was just a cold, I don't want to be laid up for a week with a shitty cold.

Offline djahern

• aka Gail Yodeller
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #66851 on: December 20, 2021, 11:59:07 pm »
this is so odd. my sisters daughter had covid. none of her other kids , her or her husband got covid. kids not vaccinated (but have had covid from nursery in the past). both parents double / triple A bullshit film by a charlatan who unethically exploited his children's friends and lost his medical license for fraud. still a bit odd.
Been like this since the original strain. It’s a hard one to square with what we hear about it being contagious, but the transmission within a household was something like 20% for the original strain - rising each time for alpha, delta and omicron. Most studies suggest that when the index case is a child, onward transmission in the household is lower (where the idea kids don’t spread it probably came from). Of course for every couple of outcomes like your family there has to be another where transmission in the household is 100% or approaching it. It does appear to be dependent on viral load of that index case in the family group.

Household transmission is certainly higher with omicron, not sure what the estimated figure is though (still not 100%, probably far lower than that). I think the difficulty in squaring outcomes like your family and the idea that this is very contagious becomes a little easier when you realise that many chains of transmission actually die out and come to an end. We kind of saw it at the beginning of all this - for an epidemic to take hold in a region it required some critical mass of infection chains to become established. Otherwise it just plodded along. When it got to that threshold though, it then took off.

Offline djahern

• aka Gail Yodeller
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #66852 on: December 21, 2021, 12:49:49 am »
The situation at a population level is complex - there's so many moving parts - to the extent that what you've pointed out isn't quite as illogical as it sounds.

At an individual level many of us, if not most, have never had greater protection against severe disease/hospitalisation/death as we have now. 49% of the population aged over 12 in England have had a booster dose, plus of course many people have an immune response from previous infection (majority from delta, some of whom from omicron).

However there is still a significant proportion of the adult population that have not received a single dose of the vaccine, and/or had a previous infection. In addition there are many people who are (to use the clunky wording) clinically vulnerable, including those who require social care such as the very elderly, who may not have been able to mount a strong immune response from their vaccinations.

As we all know, those of us who are fortunate to have been vaccinated and have the immune protection from the worst of the disease do not live our lives in parallel to those who haven't. Whether that's friends or family who are immune suppressed, or elderly relatives who require residential social car or any number of other situations. At any time of year, it's difficult to keep those who have COVID (without symptoms) from mingling with people who are more vulnerable to severe outcomes.

In addition to many of us never having been better equipped to fight off infection - or, if infected, avoiding severe disease - we have also never experienced the vast number of infections that are occurring now, and will occur in the coming few weeks. By pure maths, with the level of transmissibility of Omicron (plus its ability to infect those who have previously had covid, and/or who have had two vaccine doses), COVID infections will be reaching those that are more vulnerable to severe outcomes whether there were restrictions like a national lockdown or not.

This wave of omicron infections is not something that any government measures could have avoided happening - it was always a case of when, not if, omicron took off here. I would imagine that - alongside the feasibility (of being adhered to) and the dumb politics considerations - any potential restrictions will occur after Christmas. This will be to try to slow down the speed at which COVID reaches those most vulnerable to it (and, with that, those most likely to require hospital treatment). It can only have a limited effect on the overall wave, but if it delays a large enough proportion of people requiring hospitalisation for some days/weeks then it could be the difference in ensuring quality emergency care can be provided (versus the capacity of the health system falling down).

Make no mistake, lockdown after Christmas won't prevent this wave of infections. If restrictions are implemented, they will have the goal of slowing the spread of omicron infections, so that hospitals can try to provide effective treatment to everyone requiring hospitalisation.

So it's a complex picture because, at a personal level (10 days after my booster) I am fortunate to be relatively well equipped to handle an infection without severe outcomes if that were to occur. But that doesn't mean that I can take myself out of the equation for how this works at a population level. I am keen to avoid infection purely so that I don't unintentionally pass it on to someone else, who may unintentionally pass it on to someone else, who may work at a care home. Even with relative perceived safety at an individual level, with exponential spread of infections it wouldn't take long for infections to reach someone not so safe.

KEY POINT (Whether it's for yourself, or for a loved one/acquaintance/colleague): there's never been a better time to have a first dose of vaccine - you won't be subject to any shame or stigma from people administering doses, they would be delighted to see you and also to discuss any reservations you may have. Or if you know someone hesitant in a similar boat, there's never been a better time to dust yourself off and re-try engaging with them and hearing out their concerns, while politely sharing factual information in response.
That’s a really good post. I think many are still focusing too much on how many people are wearing masks, should we use venue passports etc. As you say, this type of measure isn’t going to prevent completely what omicron can potentially throw at us. If it’s as bad as some data suggests, it will happen anyway. If it’s not as bad as some data suggests, those measures won’t have been the reason it didn’t happen. The reason will be solely down to the characteristics of omicron along with the level of population immunity.

So should we all stop wearing masks? Well no, that’s something that benefits us an individual - giving us some additional level of protection against picking it up and starting a chain of transmission through our contacts. But it can’t prevent it spreading through the population, it’s just not a measure capable of that.

Anything coming in now to combat the worse scenarios that omicron can potentially bring (those that could have a population level effect) are only those that can either stop chains of transmission in bulk (a March 2020 lockdown) or delay a cliff edge of transmission within the vulnerable groups that’s means they don’t get the standard of care due to sheer numbers (guidance that prevents enough transmission over the holidays). That transmission you would prevent in the later will most likely happen anyway but just delayed or staggered a bit.

That all sounds a bit ominous and depressing but isn’t meant to be. The things we do to protect us as individuals like mask wearing etc are still as relevant and useful now to ourselves as pre-omicron, but it’s thrown such a curveball at us that population level measures become key. Once it’s passed, the individual level measures become dominant again. Can covid throw us another curveball like omicron once it’s passed? I’m not sure it can - on a population level. It might do on an individual level, chipping away at our vaccine or infection immunity, but not causing the kind of rapid increase in severe disease thats the worry with omicron. That’s assuming of course that omicron will do that, we’re at the precise point where we find out if it will. I guess the debate is what do you do if that outcome is possible, likely, highly likely or inevitable? We’re not at inevitable yet, but far beyond possible.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2021, 12:54:39 am by djahern »

Offline LFC when it suits

• Not got a fucking clue. Life is well, a bit of a long time. And that unconditional support thing can be a bit of a drag. Something better may come along. circumscribed
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #66853 on: December 21, 2021, 01:27:08 am »
Regardless of what we do, the transmissibility of omicron is so great, everyone is going to catch it. It's a case of not letting the NHS get overwhelmed now by locking things down to slow the spread. Thankfully, the science from South Africa is saying it's mild, so hopefully, we can come out of this with herd immunity from a combination off natural immunity and vaccine immunity.

Also, since we are here to live with covid, scientists need to be working on ways of treating covid as opposed to just relying on vaccination. It's been proven by now that vaccination alone is not the way out of this mess.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #66854 on: December 21, 2021, 06:40:15 am »

The one I saw in the Guardian they reckon is 75%, also it seems to have spread country wide now with the biggest affected areas London and the north west. Please get vaccinated and get your booster, those who haven't already.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Online PaulF

• https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/paulfelce
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing feels as good as fat tastes.
« Reply #66855 on: December 21, 2021, 07:10:34 am »
Can't seem to order lft again online .
--edit-- at least for delivery. Not sure about collection at pharmacy.but I suspect they all gone .
"All the lads have been talking about is walking out in front of the Kop, with 40,000 singing 'You'll Never Walk Alone'," Collins told BBC Radio Solent. "All the money in the world couldn't buy that feeling," he added.

Offline TSC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #66856 on: December 21, 2021, 07:39:18 am »
Despite Johnson’s blather the Queen cancels Xmas plans.  Some of the Tory press must be confused today.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-59735413

Offline surfer. Fuck you generator.

• surgood. As good as Suarez but CBA to play for us. Takes it on the chin and never holds a pointless grudge for several months.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #66857 on: December 21, 2021, 08:01:33 am »

The Mo Salah pace goal variant of Covid ;D

Offline Hedley Lamarr

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #66858 on: December 21, 2021, 08:44:08 am »
--edit-- at least for delivery. Not sure about collection at pharmacy.but I suspect they all gone .

I just ordered a pack for delivery without any issues.  Could be worth trying again.

Online Elmo!

• Spolier alret!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #66859 on: December 21, 2021, 08:45:25 am »
I just ordered a pack for delivery without any issues.  Could be worth trying again.

Seems to b really hit and miss, I ordered on Friday and had them delivered on Saturday. My colleague who lives in nearby town has been trying to get hold of some for a couple of weeks now.

Offline LanceLink!!!!!

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #66860 on: December 21, 2021, 08:51:50 am »

I'm a postie, the amount of test kits we are delivering at the moment is crazy. All made in China too, good to see someone is profiting from all this.

Offline Komic

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #66861 on: December 21, 2021, 08:54:00 am »

I had this issue last week, I got a code for a pharmacy then started ringing round to check stock at the local pharmacies I could easily drive to. Ended up going Asda where they gave me 2 packs.

Online PaulF

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #66862 on: December 21, 2021, 10:15:56 am »
It's weird, we ordered 2 on Saturday for delivery, arrived today.
Sunday , the brother in law couldn't find any locally .
Ordered again online yesterday, but can't today (just tried again).
I wonder if it's postcode related or they are rationing how many you have.
My wife is a carer and my daughter is neraring the end of her ten days , so we've been using three tests a day , and going forward my wife will test almost daily, so it's not like we're unreasonably hoarding them.
Oddly, I predicted this might happen in November and WAS hoarding them to a degree. But stopped when we had about half a dozen boxes.
"All the lads have been talking about is walking out in front of the Kop, with 40,000 singing 'You'll Never Walk Alone'," Collins told BBC Radio Solent. "All the money in the world couldn't buy that feeling," he added.

Offline carling

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #66863 on: December 21, 2021, 11:01:39 am »
Noticed other countries are reducing the wait time for the booster from 6 months.  France, Singapore, Taiwan, Italy and Australia all reduced to 5 months, Belgium to 4.

Booked mine in for next week which will be 5 months later.  Guess I would prefer Pfizer considering the first two were absolutely fine, but suppose there isn't a choice?

Offline Dull Tools

• Likes James Corden.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #66864 on: December 21, 2021, 11:14:02 am »
Noticed other countries are reducing the wait time for the booster from 6 months.  France, Singapore, Taiwan, Italy and Australia all reduced to 5 months, Belgium to 4.

Booked mine in for next week which will be 5 months later.  Guess I would prefer Pfizer considering the first two were absolutely fine, but suppose there isn't a choice?
There isn't normally a choice. But ideally you want a different type to your first 2 as it is more effective.

It is odd that the hospital cases seem to be going down at the moment isn't it? It is over 2 weeks since the cases started spiking.

Offline LFC when it suits

• Not got a fucking clue. Life is well, a bit of a long time. And that unconditional support thing can be a bit of a drag. Something better may come along. circumscribed
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #66865 on: December 21, 2021, 11:16:11 am »
There isn't normally a choice. But ideally you want a different type to your first 2 as it is more effective.

It is odd that the hospital cases seem to be going down at the moment isn't it? It is over 2 weeks since the cases started spiking.

Not really, if you look at the science from South Africa.

Online PaulF

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #66866 on: December 21, 2021, 11:16:45 am »

I'd use the word great.  This might be the best mutation we could hope for.
Too early to be sure.

Offline filopastry

• seldom posts but often delivers
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Let me tell you a story.........
« Reply #66867 on: December 21, 2021, 11:48:37 am »
It definitely looks like growth is slowing, and I would guess in London that is down to behavioural changes, pubs and restaurants look ridiculously quiet for this time of year, especially given they were rammed a week or 2 ago.

Just sad that it is going to hit those businesses very hard at their busiest time of the year.

Annoyingly personally though I had an osteopath appointment yesterday and he has now tested positive today so I have a fair chance of joining the stats myself in a few days.

Online Andy82lfc

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #66868 on: December 21, 2021, 11:50:31 am »
I'm a postie, the amount of test kits we are delivering at the moment is crazy. All made in China too, good to see someone is profiting from all this.

An in the very country that likely created it, along with SARS, within their live animal wet markets. All these markets that torture, mame and kill live animals, not to mention possibly produce more pandemics in future are all still in operation too - hey-ho.

Offline RainbowFlick

• The Test Ticket Tout. Head of the RAWK Vice Squad.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #66869 on: December 21, 2021, 11:56:35 am »
Why masks can cause difficult feelings

https://www.mind.org.uk/information-support/coronavirus/mask-anxiety-face-coverings-and-mental-health/#WhyMasksCanCauseDifficultFeelings

interesting piece this. i think you could say the 'opposite' of this also applies. some will likely now have continued anxiety or mental health issues as a result of the pandemic - and may choose to forever wear a masks, avoid larger crowds or feel anxiety being around unmasked people etc.

not to delve too deep into the argument around masks, but it did surprise me how quickly a lot of firmly anti-Tory types just ripped off their masks knowing what a shitshow the pandemic has been as soon as they weren't mandated. no judgment really as ultimately it should be the government telling people, but it did surprise me, can't lie.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2021, 12:01:32 pm by RainbowFlick@xmas »
YNWA.

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #66870 on: December 21, 2021, 11:57:48 am »
interesting piece this. i think you could say the 'opposite' of this also applies. some will likely now have continued anxiety or mental health issues as a result of the pandemic - and may choose to forever wear a mask or avoid larger crowds etc.

There is probably an increased number with anxiety / other mental health issues by being around people not wearing masks.

Offline RainbowFlick

• The Test Ticket Tout. Head of the RAWK Vice Squad.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #66871 on: December 21, 2021, 12:04:45 pm »
There is probably an increased number with anxiety / other mental health issues by being around people not wearing masks.

yep, no doubt. i felt anxiety at the first match of the season being the only person in my block wearing a mask, almost like i was spiralling for about 15 minutes. i can only imagine how difficult it'll be for those with actual mental health struggles.
YNWA.

Offline Red-Soldier

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #66872 on: December 21, 2021, 12:26:51 pm »

Not really.  All the noise from SA was that it is mild.

Currently, the biggest impacts from Omicron are health workers having to isolate, thus not being able to work (care for people), and the hopitality sector going down the pan.

Online [new username under construction]

• Poster formerly know as shadowbane. Never lost his head whilst others panicked. Fucking kopite!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Insert something awesome here!
« Reply #66873 on: December 21, 2021, 12:27:37 pm »
Not really.  All the noise from SA was that it is mild.

Currently, the biggest impacts from Omicron are health workers having to isolate, thus not being able to work (care for people), and the hopitality sector going down the pan.

I think a few places are suggesting it's milder but even if it isn't then the vaccines are doing their job very well

Online rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #66874 on: December 21, 2021, 12:29:51 pm »

Its certainly affecting my moods and my anger issues when I'm out, especially when we cut through the Trafford Centre yesterday and it was packed out with non mask wearers and security where stood there like fucking mannequins.
Jurgen YNWA

Offline Red-Soldier

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #66875 on: December 21, 2021, 12:32:19 pm »
I think a few places are suggesting it's milder but even if it isn't then the vaccines are doing their job very well

Exactly.  They are great

Offline LovelyCushionedHeader

• Not so pleasant non-upholstered footer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #66876 on: December 21, 2021, 12:52:54 pm »
Took a LFT last night which was negative. Got my booster this morning. Received an email from work saying that a few people have tested positive. Took another LFT, tested positive.
And if the rain stops, and everything's dry.. she would cry, just so I could drink tears from her eyes.

Offline 12C

• aka 54F
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • “The Ribbons are Red”
« Reply #66877 on: December 21, 2021, 12:55:49 pm »
interesting piece this. i think you could say the 'opposite' of this also applies. some will likely now have continued anxiety or mental health issues as a result of the pandemic - and may choose to forever wear a masks, avoid larger crowds or feel anxiety being around unmasked people etc.

not to delve too deep into the argument around masks, but it did surprise me how quickly a lot of firmly anti-Tory types just ripped off their masks knowing what a shitshow the pandemic has been as soon as they weren't mandated. no judgment really as ultimately it should be the government telling people, but it did surprise me, can't lie.

The Tories who were anti mask were playing to the gallery of English exceptionalists who think it is somehow foreign and weak to wear a mask. All part of the nationalist propaganda where plucky Brits overcome the odds, and beat the foreign virus unlike those other nations who cowered in lockdown (and didn’t have 160k dead).
Swayne is one of the worst.
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us."

Offline 12C

• aka 54F
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • “The Ribbons are Red”
« Reply #66878 on: December 21, 2021, 12:56:29 pm »
Took a LFT last night which was negative. Got my booster this morning. Received an email from work saying that a few people have tested positive. Took another LFT, tested positive.

Shit.
Hope you are Ok.
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us."

Offline 12C

• aka 54F
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • “The Ribbons are Red”
« Reply #66879 on: December 21, 2021, 12:59:44 pm »

Saw a piece on how SA being later to vaccinate means they perhaps have  stronger resistance to Omicron. The article pointed out that they had “paid” for this with the lives of those who died in large numbers prior to the vaccination programme getting up to speed.