Author Topic: Curtis Jones  (Read 591989 times)

Offline ljycb

• RAWK's Bullen Oracle of Wisdom & Knowledge, the Collective Voice of our Moral Conscience
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Curtis Jones
« Reply #6240 on: April 14, 2024, 10:27:49 pm »
He’s not the future really. Squad player at best, and I won’t be surprised if he will eventually look for more playing time. He’s not Klopps first choice, and I’m one of those that do like him, but he won’t be when the next manager comes in.

I don't think this is as bad a shout as people are making out. Looking at the managers who we are being linked with, it does feel like we will be moving towards a formation which favours a midfield two over a midfield three in the near future - if that is the case, Jones starting is not a given.

Offline Clint Eastwood

• The man with no name
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6241 on: April 14, 2024, 11:49:48 pm »
From what I've read, under Amorim he's probably 'second choice' behind Mac Allister for that LCM role that Morita plays for Sporting CP. Difficult to see how they both play in the same side, unless Mac Allister is considered a 6 which would be a waste.

Offline mickeydocs

• Legacy Fan
  • Jurgen Klopp - best Liverpool coach since Paisley
« Reply #6242 on: April 16, 2024, 09:33:10 am »
From what I've read, under Amorim he's probably 'second choice' behind Mac Allister for that LCM role that Morita plays for Sporting CP. Difficult to see how they both play in the same side, unless Mac Allister is considered a 6 which would be a waste.

We are allowed 5 subs. This helps clubs that can rotate in game and between games. We have Macca, Elliott, Szoboslai and Jones, four excellent attacking mids which could allow for this. We are way beyond having a best 11 and this lad is going to the very very top.
It’s easy to believe when it’s going well.

Offline Knight

• No one understands football like me.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #6243 on: April 16, 2024, 09:40:11 am »

Doesn’t Amorim play a double pivot? Could easily see Jones, MacAllister in a double pivot.

Offline Legs

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6244 on: April 16, 2024, 10:16:54 am »
I don't think this is as bad a shout as people are making out. Looking at the managers who we are being linked with, it does feel like we will be moving towards a formation which favours a midfield two over a midfield three in the near future - if that is the case, Jones starting is not a given.

One huge thing in Jones favour is academy trained and homegrown.

Also he is a very very good player too and along with Harvey covers more ground than any other CMs.

In short any manager who sells him is an idiot.

Offline LallanaInPyjamas

• Keita's shit, Bundesliga's shit, Bundesliga 2's shit
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2020 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #6245 on: April 16, 2024, 12:49:54 pm »

I see this as his future in the squad as well. I don't think him and Mac work in the same midfield, certainly not without a natural 6 with a huge engine on him, and there's only one winner there as far as I'm concerned.

That midfield on Sunday was too crabby and slow. You need someone like Szob in there with an engine to cover spaces off the ball and drive us forward with it.

Offline HomesickRed

• Anny Roader
« Reply #6246 on: April 16, 2024, 04:10:20 pm »
That was a shocker of a miss. Has been very poor since he came back. Hopefully, he can find his pre-injury form.

Bad miss maybe, but even had it gone in, it's nailed on that VAR would have called it back for a foul by Salah in the build up, where he nudged the defender under the ball.
Same with Alisson's wonder save in the second half, when even had it gone in, the player was clearly offside.

Half the side was knackered on Sunday and the other half coming back from injury, struggling for form and fitness.
At the start of the season if anyone offered us third place, two points behind the leader with 6 games to play, we'd have taken it like a shot.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2024, 04:14:04 pm by HomesickRed »

Offline Coolie High

• bury Regular. My opinions are facts, FYI. (whisper it but doesn't understand midfielders)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6247 on: April 16, 2024, 05:22:05 pm »
I see this as his future in the squad as well. I don't think him and Mac work in the same midfield, certainly not without a natural 6 with a huge engine on him, and there's only one winner there as far as I'm concerned.

That midfield on Sunday was too crabby and slow. You need someone like Szob in there with an engine to cover spaces off the ball and drive us forward with it.

Jones Mac and a number 6 who is a great athlete, in the future.

As of now he has to be alongside Mac as a starting midfielder, he's simply been better than all the other options.

Online smutchin

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6248 on: April 16, 2024, 08:33:21 pm »
He’s had a top 12 months and established himself as a reliable first team starter. The injuries are killing his development as every time he gets going he gets another injury.

He’s someone who seems to need a run in the team to get back to peak form. Clearly he’s not there yet but the way some people write him off is really disappointing. He was consistently one of our best players this season before this latest setback. Rotten luck for him personally and for the team as a whole.

Online duvva 💅

• lippa RAWK Diivva, broke Kenny's sky
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC Quiz Rivals Most Hated
« Reply #6249 on: April 18, 2024, 07:11:53 pm »
Thankfully Jurgen has remembered how good he was earlier in the season. Straight back into the First XI where he belongs. Hopefully the rust will begin to fall away.
"If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly" - Jurgen Klopp

Offline Hestoic

• Kopite
« Reply #6250 on: April 18, 2024, 07:33:01 pm »
He’s someone who seems to need a run in the team to get back to peak form. Clearly he’s not there yet but the way some people write him off is really disappointing. He was consistently one of our best players this season before this latest setback. Rotten luck for him personally and for the team as a whole.

This. Every time he comes back from injury he needs a few games to get back up to speed with his best form.

Offline Wool

• eBack
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6251 on: April 18, 2024, 10:11:26 pm »
Needs to be braver on the ball. I don’t care how press resistant you are turning and passing back, fucking drive with and do more to get us up the pitch. The amount of times he has the ball in a decent position and just turns back is infuriating.

Offline David in Edinburgh

• Anny Roader
  • We all Live in a Red and White Klopp
« Reply #6252 on: April 18, 2024, 10:12:24 pm »
This. Every time he comes back from injury he needs a few games to get back up to speed with his best form.

And when he does you get one game out five from him. A lad with loads of talent but missing something to be a true LFC great. Only my opinion though.

Offline AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6253 on: April 18, 2024, 10:13:52 pm »
Needs to be braver on the ball. I don’t care how press resistant you are turning and passing back, fucking drive with and do more to get us up the pitch. The amount of times he has the ball in a decent position and just turns back is infuriating.

He’s always been like that..

Offline mickeydocs

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6254 on: April 18, 2024, 10:35:15 pm »
And when he does you get one game out five from him. A lad with loads of talent but missing something to be a true LFC great. Only my opinion though.

Just turned 23 yet you have decided to write his epitaph. He has had a breakout season and I look forward to what he can do next season.

Offline LallanaInPyjamas

• Keita's shit, Bundesliga's shit, Bundesliga 2's shit
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2020 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #6255 on: April 18, 2024, 10:37:38 pm »

Szob was in acres at one point second half but you knew he was never going to play him in. Predominantly because he didn't even see him. Tidy footballer but he's like Stevie Wonder when it comes to making forward passes.

Offline number 168

• Bootle - Aigburth Vale. Mon-Sat evenings, Sundays & Bank Holidays only. Arl fart clearly past his sell-his-season-ticket-by-date.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6256 on: April 18, 2024, 11:28:45 pm »
Slows play, loses the ball, disappears from games but plays the odd good pass. Not enough to be a starter in my opinion.

Offline Coolie High

• bury Regular. My opinions are facts, FYI. (whisper it but doesn't understand midfielders)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6257 on: April 18, 2024, 11:31:16 pm »
He looked good today, I think people forget we actually won the game, he didn’t lose the ball, kept it well under pressure and had some lovely touches.

Next step to start being more decisive in the final third like he was becoming before his injury.

Offline keano7

• Legacy Fan
  • Alonso follows it in!
« Reply #6258 on: April 18, 2024, 11:35:13 pm »
Curtis is great but his style of play is not ideal when you have to chase a game. I thought Elliot would have been the better option tonight primarily for his creativity.
"Can't wait for this one me mates picking me up in a van"

Online rhysd

• Kopite
  • Igor
« Reply #6259 on: April 18, 2024, 11:39:27 pm »
There were times out there he looked like the only one who was fired up.

Needs to be braver on the ball, but he's a damn good player and still just 23.
20 and 7

Offline PaleBlueDot

• Anny Roader
« Reply #6260 on: April 18, 2024, 11:46:46 pm »
If Gravenberch dropped that performance he'd be slandered.

Jones isn't bad...but not enough improvement year on year for me. He's had plenty more game time to develop. Great squad player but I don't see him becoming starting 11 quality.

Offline Crimson

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6261 on: April 19, 2024, 06:29:40 am »
Rather a back pass than smashing the ball blindly down the middle as some of our other midfielders yesterday (mostly to the opposition). There was very little movement.

Jones has been a big miss while out, and will be a great Liverpool squad player as long as he stays fit.
I have no idea what I’m taking about

Offline Kuytinho

• Kopite
« Reply #6262 on: April 19, 2024, 06:45:35 am »
Great squad player but I don't see him becoming starting 11 quality.
He already did.

Offline Redley

• Legacy Fan
  • Turned doubters to believers
« Reply #6263 on: April 19, 2024, 09:15:19 am »
Thought he played well  ???

Offline Bennett

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6264 on: April 19, 2024, 09:17:59 am »
He's in our best starting XI for my money. This is contingent of Macca in the 6 though. If we buy a new one in the summer (as we should) Jones would second choice behind Mac in the left sided 8.

Offline mickeydocs

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6265 on: April 19, 2024, 11:22:43 am »
He's in our best starting XI for my money. This is contingent of Macca in the 6 though. If we buy a new one in the summer (as we should) Jones would second choice behind Mac in the left sided 8.

Rotating Macca and Jones would be fantastic. Two really good players. We need a top level six.

Offline stewy17

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6266 on: April 19, 2024, 11:26:05 am »

Haha I thought that, I think we're a far better team when he's fit and in it.

Online duvva 💅

• lippa RAWK Diivva, broke Kenny's sky
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC Quiz Rivals Most Hated
« Reply #6267 on: April 19, 2024, 12:10:22 pm »
He did, was good in the first half when we were playing well. Faded in the second as did everyone as we completely ran out of ideas
"If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly" - Jurgen Klopp

Offline Wool

• eBack
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6268 on: April 24, 2024, 10:04:30 pm »
Absolute ghost tonight. I think he touched the ball like once in the first 20 minutes.

Offline deanloco9

• Kopite
« Reply #6269 on: April 24, 2024, 10:07:00 pm »
Utterly shite once again. We all know why he gets in the team yet not many people want to say it loud.

Online gerrardisgod

• has all his sisters with him.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Anal Dirge Prat
« Reply #6270 on: April 24, 2024, 10:09:21 pm »
Got a massive summer ahead of him.

Thought he was a shoe in to be the six in this new look setup (given his impressive displays for the 21’s last summer), now post injury he looks even further away from having a defined role, doesn’t even lead the press no more. Don’t recall him ever being slow to get up to speed after an injury before.
AHA!

Offline Bucko - Dubai

• Anny Roader
« Reply #6271 on: April 24, 2024, 10:09:56 pm »
Can anyone explain what he is good at?

Offline DefJack

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6272 on: April 24, 2024, 10:13:13 pm »
Cue the deluge of bizarre criticism for a player who tonight was the least of our issues.

Lightning rod for frustration and criticism.

Offline Dree

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6273 on: April 24, 2024, 10:17:51 pm »
Cue the deluge of bizarre criticism for a player who tonight was the least of our issues.

Yeah he’s basically a system player who presses well and is tidy on the ball. Whether he’s good or not is a function of the rest of the team.

Offline deanloco9

• Kopite
« Reply #6274 on: April 24, 2024, 10:18:20 pm »

I will be very surprised if the next manager / Michael Edwards keeps him

Offline deanloco9

• Kopite
« Reply #6275 on: April 24, 2024, 10:18:51 pm »
Yeah he’s basically a system player who presses well and is tidy on the ball. Whether he’s good or not is a function of the rest of the team.

Joe Allen effect

Online Oskar

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6276 on: April 24, 2024, 10:19:09 pm »
Can anyone explain what he is good at?

Go back to before the recent injury and watch the games he’s played in going back to this time last year and you’ll see a lot of things he’s very good at.

He hasn’t been able to get back into that form since he came back, but a rough couple of weeks doesn’t negate the progress he’d been making before that.

Offline DefJack

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6277 on: April 24, 2024, 10:22:33 pm »

That's unfortunately what we've moulded him into over the last few years, yes. A player adept at carrying the piano, but whose fingers have seemingly lost their feeling for the melody.

What could he have been in another timeline? Who knows, but what is known is that the idea that his city of origin solely justifies his inclusion is utterly baseless, nonsensical and not worth disseminating.

Offline deanloco9

• Kopite
« Reply #6278 on: April 24, 2024, 10:27:51 pm »
Go back to before the recent injury and watch the games he’s played in going back to this time last year and you’ll see a lot of things he’s very good at.

He hasn’t been able to get back into that form since he came back, but a rough couple of weeks doesn’t negate the progress he’d been making before that.

Please tell us though what he's good at, like genuinely what is he good at for you? (not trying to provoke or wind you up)

Would he start for any other team in the league?  :o

Offline Fordy

• Κασσάνδρα. ITK (rubs bridge of nose knowingly)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6279 on: April 24, 2024, 10:32:03 pm »
What does he do? Seriously, what are his strengths?