Author Topic: Headphones  (Read 80548 times)

Offline GinKop

• He's going to run to you (ooh-oooh). Knows a techtard when he sees one
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • FORZA MILANO
Re: Headphones
« Reply #400 on: January 24, 2024, 05:04:53 pm »
Need some help RAWKites!

Bought some £50 Wireless Noise Cancelling headphones from Amazon earlier this week. They have 4.7 rating across thousands of reviews, decent reviews on YT, they sound great for the price.

Problem is, the latency is so bad on them. Feels like the audio is about 1 second behind. I've tried changing codecs, using the wire (which helps but not the point of having wireless) and also updated the firmware.

Am I missing something or are they faulty?

Tried across multiple devices and also tried connecting my old wireless headphones (which were also cheapo Amazon ones) and they all work fine.

I've tried googling but haven't been able to find much. In touch with the manufacturer but email response takes ages.
JFT97

Offline Graeme

• Slightly Undergay RAWK PC Support
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #401 on: January 24, 2024, 06:54:29 pm »
Probably faulty. Amazon the easiest retailer in the world to deal with, just get Amazon to exchange.

Offline MBL?

• England Rugby Union's biggest fan. Accepts nothing smaller than 6.5 you know......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #402 on: January 28, 2024, 12:17:21 am »
Any recommendations for smart speakers that don't record you and steal data? Want one in the living room and a dot-style one for between our room/the nursery. Is it just Bezos or Google?
I don't think such a thing really exists. I have a sonos speaker the you can turn off the mic with a physical button but that doesn't sound like what you're after. Audio quality is way better than apple, Google, amazon though.

Online Garlic Red

• Kopite
  • Pop n crisp
« Reply #403 on: February 3, 2024, 08:15:01 am »
https://www.scarbir.com/

Not sure how but somebody put me onto this site a few years ago and said it did good, honest reviews that weren’t paid for like most of the big sites and magazines. I got a pair of wireless earbuds from the reviews and they’ve been brilliant for what I need, which is mainly just listening to music in the gym. I got a pair of Bomaker, think they set me back £40 at the time but the audio quality is class on them still. They aren’t on Amazon anymore but it was through that site I’d found them.

I’m new to the site and did a quick search and hadn’t seen it come up so thought I’d share.