Author Topic: Gordon Taylor  (Read 8664 times)

Offline Brian Blessed

• Gordon's ALIVE? Practically Bear Grylls. Backwards Bluesman Bastard.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Feedback Tourist #4
Re: Gordon Taylor
« Reply #40 on: April 25, 2012, 06:19:13 pm »
But it's hardly a big deal they didn't, IMO anyway.  It doesn't change the conviction in any way.
Except by including him they've made the list a talking point for all the wrong reasons, something that should have been easy to rpedict and avoid.
Anyone else being strangely drawn to Dion Dublin's nipples?

Offline Circa1892

• Real Madrid 0 - 1 Liverpool - Parc des Princes, 27th May 1981 Remember?... About as intimidating as Bambi.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #41 on: April 25, 2012, 07:05:56 pm »
this waste of space does absolutely nothing to justify his salary. isn't he the highest paid union member around?

Highest paid in the world isn't he?

Sponges off other peoples talents and offers them no union support in real terms, just a rent a quote tosser.

Offline MrGrumpy

• Miserable old man. Does things with Nutella while trying not to think about football.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #42 on: April 25, 2012, 07:21:54 pm »
Do you think Clarke Carlisle or Gordon Taylor would have been as supportive if it had been a racist attack ?

If Ched Evans had raped a South American???
Justice for the 96!

Offline Big Red Richie

• Thread killer extraordinaire. For future reference the order is T, U, V, W, X, Y, Z
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #43 on: February 7, 2013, 03:53:50 pm »
Manchester City youth player admits causing deaths by careless driving

Courtney Meppen-Walter admits causing death of brother and sister Kulwant Singh and Ravel Kaur in September accident

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2013/feb/07/manchester-city-admits-deaths-careless-driving

I await Gordon Taylors character assassination, and fervent diatribe.

Offline bigbonedrawky

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #44 on: February 7, 2013, 06:42:50 pm »
Gordon is a Moron

Online Theoldkopite

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Survived The Boy's Pen in the 60's.
« Reply #45 on: February 7, 2013, 10:24:50 pm »
Gordon is a Moron

Gordon Taylor MBE is a moron. Get it right!! 

Offline Slick_Beef

• RAWK's Master Baker
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #46 on: February 7, 2013, 11:12:49 pm »
There was quite a funny character assassination of Gordon in the Guardian yesterday. The first paragraph made me chuckle:

When a personal email from the Professional Footballers' Association boss Gordon Taylor drops into your inbox, the sender's name appears as "GORDON TAYLOR OBE". I know this because the footballers' union chief once emailed me after something I'd written and, while I suspect what follows is unlikely to draw a further missive – unless it's an invitation to the high court – the self-regard sticks in the mind.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/blog/2013/feb/06/pfa-privacy-paul-gascoigne

Offline Big Red Richie

• Thread killer extraordinaire. For future reference the order is T, U, V, W, X, Y, Z
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #47 on: April 22, 2013, 08:27:17 pm »
He just can't help himself can he, the f*cking c*cksucker.

I'm not a lover of Gordon Taylor. In fact, I despice the c*nt with a passion.

The selective union rep is a twat of the higest order.

After previously ripping into Suarez over previous incidents, in late February after Man City player Courtney Mappen-Walter was jailed for killing two people whilst speeding in his car, I deliberately waited and looked out for Taylor to make a statement on the subject.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-manchester-21616296

....and waited.

....and waited.

...and waited.

In fact.  After said footballer was charged, found guilty, and sent down, I've waited the best part of two months. for Gordon to come out and make a comment.

You know.  "We're dissapointed by the lad"...."He's been foolish"... even a "He's not helped himself".

But no. Nothing. Nada. For Gordon, Killing two people is, apparently, not worthy of comment.

Which brings us back to today.

I keep seeing his punchable craggy fucking face, all over the news, saying how dissapointed he is with Luis, because he bit a colleague.

Although I can't defent Suarez's actions, it's a bite for f*cks sake.  A bite.

Not killing two people!  A bite!

Fuck off Taylor, you selective media fucking whore.  :tosser
« Last Edit: April 22, 2013, 08:31:35 pm by Big Red Richie »

Offline alfonso

• Simply adores orange squash. With not one, not two either, but yea verily with three, that is correct, THREE ice cubes therein! Do not forget his straw though.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • Salford - crime capital of England
« Reply #48 on: April 23, 2013, 04:49:21 pm »
Imagine that c*nt sat in on anger management issues. Everyone on the course would fail after wanting to twat him.

"I know Liverpool fans care more about their club's success than the national team." Rafael Benitez

"Still we've had the hard times too - one year we finished second." Bob Paisley

"When zonal marking goes wrong, the system is blamed. When man-to-man marking fails, an individual is blamed and the system goes uncriticised." A LFC fan talking sense

Offline exiledintheUSA

• Not to be confused with Darren from Thetford. Or Phil Dowd.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice HAS come. YNWA 97
« Reply #49 on: April 23, 2013, 04:51:10 pm »
c*nt of the very highest order.  If he was a Union rep on a real shop floor he would get thumped everyday.....utter bell-whiff.
Been all over the world but Anfield is still my home.

Offline MHLC

• My Horse Likes Cheese
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #50 on: April 28, 2013, 02:00:02 pm »
Gordon Taylor: Racism & biting bad. Sexism and sexual discrimination good!

Some choice quotes from an astonishing article. I mean, everyone knows the PFA are corrupt, self-serving leeches but didn't realise they openly discriminate so much against women in the sport...

As recently as 15 years ago Rachel Anderson, at that time the only Fifa-licensed female football agent in the world, was turned away at the door to the awards dinner in London – because she was a woman. Shocked and disbelieving, she tried again the following year, her client, the Liverpool defender Julian Dicks, writing to the PFA on her behalf. But the chief executive, Gordon Taylor, stood his ground and refused to change the policy. Incensed, Anderson took the case to the high court in 1998 – and won.

But as Anderson gave her name at the door it became apparent that all was not well. "That's when it all went a bit quiet," she says. "And then Brendan Batson [then the PFA's deputy chief executive, who now advises the FA on equality] said: 'There's a problem.'"

"I honestly thought it was banter. Truly. I thought he was going to do the whole 'Your name's not down, you can't come in.' I said, 'No, I'm a guest of the Sheffield United players.' I mean I had a ticket, I had my frock on, I'd had my hair done, I'd booked a hotel. But he said: 'No, you can't come in. No women allowed.' I said: 'Brendan, no. You're joking aren't you?' But I realised then that he wasn't joking. I said: 'Brendan, you're telling me, as one of the first black players, that I can't come in because I'm female? Shame on you.'" She pauses. "Because it was shame on him. He looked embarrassed. But then he could have done something about it. He was assistant to Taylor. He wasn't a minion."

"I gave the PFA many chances to back off. But no, they said they wanted to fight it till the end. Well, they weren't spending their own money; it was their players' money wasn't it?" Did she ever meet Taylor to discuss the case? "Gordon never wanted to speak face to face. He just said he was representing the wishes of his players. But I never met one player or one PFA representative who confirmed that. Never. It was nonsense."

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #51 on: April 28, 2013, 02:15:27 pm »
Gordon Taylor: Racism & biting bad. Sexism and sexual discrimination good!

Some choice quotes from an astonishing article. I mean, everyone knows the PFA are corrupt, self-serving leeches but didn't realise they openly discriminate so much against women in the sport...

That is astounding. Thanks for posting.

The case cost Anderson around £210,000, and although she reclaimed "reasonable costs" and £7,500 in compensation ("for hurt feelings", she says, laughing), she lost money overall.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2013, 02:19:23 pm by redgriffin73 »
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Online CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
« Reply #52 on: April 28, 2013, 02:35:39 pm »
Born a c*nt and will die a c*nt. He's a massive c*nt.
@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Offline TheGOAT

• Gruff handbagger
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #53 on: April 29, 2013, 06:43:36 pm »
This old prick has to be sacked now surely? He's been an utter embarrassment to the sport in the last 24 hours (and decades previously obviously)

Offline alfonso

• Simply adores orange squash. With not one, not two either, but yea verily with three, that is correct, THREE ice cubes therein! Do not forget his straw though.....
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #54 on: April 29, 2013, 07:08:38 pm »
This old prick has to be sacked now surely? He's been an utter embarrassment to the sport in the last 24 hours (and decades previously obviously)
Who's going to sack him? Who is he answerable to? Himself?

Are players able to opt out of the PFA? If I was a player I would tell the twat to frig off.  Looks like the guardian has woken up and are looking into this buffoon.
"I know Liverpool fans care more about their club's success than the national team." Rafael Benitez

"When zonal marking goes wrong, the system is blamed. When man-to-man marking fails, an individual is blamed and the system goes uncriticised." A LFC fan talking sense

Offline cox3100

• Would love to congratulate Siralex.
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
  • justice for the 96
« Reply #55 on: April 29, 2013, 07:11:31 pm »
i take it you think he's a c*nt

I agree wholeheartedly

Offline Upinsmoke

• Is a grump, get used to it.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #56 on: April 29, 2013, 07:12:11 pm »

Hope the middle c*nt there happens soon.

Offline ABZ Rover

• Legacy Fan
  • Hates Poodles
« Reply #57 on: April 29, 2013, 11:10:08 pm »
Absolute shitstain of a "man".  Heard the c*nt trying to worm his way around the "N word" story on the radio earlier ..... Nothing to to do with me....  c*nt!
97 stars burning bright, forever watching over day or night

12/09/12 Truth Day!   Justice Day is coming... it arrived 26/04/16!

Offline bigbonedrawky

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #58 on: April 30, 2013, 12:15:17 am »

Offline Armand9

• Legacy Fan
    • http://armand9.deviantart.com/
« Reply #59 on: April 30, 2013, 12:42:19 am »
I've never heard anyone say a good word about this fucking idiot. The clips I've heard of him on talksport tonight (from earlier in the day) sounds like the twat is pissed, and i mean literally pissed. Talks utter shite, filled with self importance, mock indignation and self righteousness pour from his mouth like putrified meat. How the fuck did he get the job?
Losing your only chance of silverware this season to your city rival. At home. With the most expensive squad ever assembled.

Have that, you arrogant wanker. CarraG238

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #60 on: April 30, 2013, 12:48:33 am »
How the fuck did he get the job?

Talks utter shite, filled with self importance, mock indignation and self righteousness

Offline lindylou100

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #61 on: April 30, 2013, 01:05:43 am »
What does he do to earn that sort of salary?? another self aggrandising leach in the game and Just like Sepp Blatter, FIFA, UEFA and the rest of the FA, he can't be gotten rid of. A love of money has replaced love for the game.

I've always been against the idea of a break away league in the past but with football in this country being run by a corrupt and out of touch old boys club, I would whole heartedly welcome it if only to put the fear of god into those bastards to clean up their act and initiate real reform.

Offline MHLC

• My Horse Likes Cheese
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #62 on: April 30, 2013, 09:24:58 pm »
I've always been against the idea of a break away league in the past but with football in this country being run by a corrupt and out of touch old boys club, I would whole heartedly welcome it if only to put the fear of god into those bastards to clean up their act and initiate real reform.

The PL is a breakaway from the original Football League.

Its outgoing chairman (Dave Richards) is a prime example of the pocket lining, self preserving old-boys network of leeches that occupy senior roles at organisations like the FA / FIFA / PL / PFA. A man so devoid of understanding he refused to put a up memorial for the 96 at Hillsborough when Chairman of SWFC. A man so arrogant he claims the English "own the game of football".

And his replacement Anthony Fry? Well, he's a man with zero football administration experience who's spent the majority of his career as an investment banker and currently sits on the boards of a milk company and the London Opera House!

Richards predecessor (John Quinton, another investment banker) was sacked after the scandal of hiring former Sky executives as highly paid consultants to the PL during the re-negotiation of TV rights...with....you guessed it..... Sky!

So, perhaps another breakaway is not the answer? :P

Offline lindylou100

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #63 on: April 30, 2013, 11:53:29 pm »
The PL is a breakaway from the original Football League.

Its outgoing chairman (Dave Richards) is a prime example of the pocket lining, self preserving old-boys network of leeches that occupy senior roles at organisations like the FA / FIFA / PL / PFA. A man so devoid of understanding he refused to put a up memorial for the 96 at Hillsborough when Chairman of SWFC. A man so arrogant he claims the English "own the game of football".

And his replacement Anthony Fry? Well, he's a man with zero football administration experience who's spent the majority of his career as an investment banker and currently sits on the boards of a milk company and the London Opera House!

Richards predecessor (John Quinton, another investment banker) was sacked after the scandal of hiring former Sky executives as highly paid consultants to the PL during the re-negotiation of TV rights...with....you guessed it..... Sky!

So, perhaps another breakaway is not the answer? :P

Perhaps not but given the sheer scale of greed and corruption in the game I'm running out of ideas on how the game I love can be rescued from the greedy old coots. It utterly depresses me that the bastards flagrantly bend and twist the rules to suit themselves whilst simultaneously flipping the bird at anyone who objects. They are so untouchable they don't even care anymore.

I guess if all else fails the only other thing left to do is stop watching :(

Offline MHLC

• My Horse Likes Cheese
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #64 on: May 1, 2013, 12:16:06 am »
It utterly depresses me that the bastards flagrantly bend and twist the rules to suit themselves whilst simultaneously flipping the bird at anyone who objects. They are so untouchable they don't even care anymore.

I hear you. That organised supporter groups such as the FSF would not make a dent on the likes of Taylor illustrates how little power match-going fans have in our game.

I guess if all else fails the only other thing left to do is stop watching :(

If you're UK based then un-subscribing from Sky and taking a punt on a streaming site would be a start. One of the biggest, corrosive influences on the modern game is Murdoch's Sky TV.

Offline alfonso

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #65 on: May 1, 2013, 08:22:57 am »
This hypocrite now releases this statement:

‘We share the strong disappointment felt by our diverse membership at the choice of language throughout his appearance. We would like to make it clear that we feel any use of such language is wholly inappropriate.

But on the night he said this when asked if it was a mistake hiring the comedian:
‘No, no, don’t be silly. Are you serious? I think there were a few raised eyebrows but that is the sort of thing you can’t control. It was unfortunate. He is a professional comedian.’

And now the PFA are trying to get a refund from him for the language used.

Sack Taylor. Oh, how can he sack himself?

Offline didi

• A complete Klopp out
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #66 on: May 1, 2013, 08:40:56 am »
he has never once backed Suraez, constantly having a go at him while backing every player be it a rapist, drunk driver etc..

Offline themightybeard

• Anny Roader
« Reply #67 on: May 1, 2013, 09:12:30 am »
he has never once backed Suraez, constantly having a go at him while backing every player be it a rapist, drunk driver etc..
Exactly. Looking past the fact that he seems like a prick anyway, the fact that he has ripped into Suarez for everything that he does while saying absolutely nothing about a footballer who actually killed people (Luke McCormick), not to mention defending a player who has ruined a girl's life by raping her, is completely unforgivable.
« Last Edit: May 1, 2013, 10:26:50 am by themightybeard »

Offline lindylou100

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #68 on: May 1, 2013, 09:40:58 am »
I hear you. That organised supporter groups such as the FSF would not make a dent on the likes of Taylor illustrates how little power match-going fans have in our game.

If you're UK based then un-subscribing from Sky and taking a punt on a streaming site would be a start. One of the biggest, corrosive influences on the modern game is Murdoch's Sky TV.

Yeah I've never had a sky subscription and only ever used streaming sites for the very reason you mentioned. I see sky as the television version of the sun. It sort of gives me comfort to know I'm stealing pl games from the very people who are destroying it.

Offline Circa1892

• Real Madrid 0 - 1 Liverpool - Parc des Princes, 27th May 1981 Remember?... About as intimidating as Bambi.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #69 on: May 1, 2013, 10:39:42 am »
They really are a fucking joke having a pop at Hunter.

Do your fucking research - and by "research", just watch a couple of episodes of HIGNFY or Live at the Apollo he's in - it's part of his act!

It's basically like booking Frankie Boyle and having a paddy when he says something offensive.

Offline Armchair expert

• Almost makes you agree with Gove
  • Legacy Fan
  • Meet the new boss.....same as the old boss
« Reply #70 on: May 1, 2013, 10:54:38 am »
This hypocrite now releases this statement:

‘We share the strong disappointment felt by our diverse membership at the choice of language throughout his appearance. We would like to make it clear that we feel any use of such language is wholly inappropriate.

But on the night he said this when asked if it was a mistake hiring the comedian:
‘No, no, don’t be silly. Are you serious? I think there were a few raised eyebrows but that is the sort of thing you can’t control. It was unfortunate. He is a professional comedian.’

And now the PFA are trying to get a refund from him for the language used.

Sack Taylor. Oh, how can he sack himself?

They can't help themselves can they, so basically they want the black man to work for nothing......now that surely has racist connotations.

Offline kopitecrash

• Legacy Fan
You could open a door with him, he's such a knob.

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #72 on: May 1, 2013, 11:26:46 am »
Reg Hunter's facebook page by the way  ;D

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=568413919856520&set=a.568413596523219.1073741830.231809290183653&type=3&theater

I liked the one about the guy asking why he didn't do the joke about divorcing Dawn French!

Oh and on topic, his incompetence would be amusing were it not for the fact that he's making himself look such a twat. Actually scrap that, it is funny. Fucking idiot.

Offline Armand9

• Legacy Fan
    • http://armand9.deviantart.com/
« Reply #73 on: May 1, 2013, 12:56:10 pm »
Pity no one's put his set online, gotta be worth a laugh
Losing your only chance of silverware this season to your city rival. At home. With the most expensive squad ever assembled.

Have that, you arrogant wanker. CarraG238

Offline kneeys

• We know the TRUTH,now give them JUSTICE.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Around long enough to know better...
« Reply #74 on: May 1, 2013, 01:01:54 pm »
Pity no one's put his set online, gotta be worth a laugh

Are the P F A not a big enough joke to amuse you ?
If not the FA and PL are also a good for a laugh!
The s*n so full of shit you could not even use it to wipe your arse

Offline E2K

• A seriously talented
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #75 on: May 1, 2013, 02:02:49 pm »
Perhaps not but given the sheer scale of greed and corruption in the game I'm running out of ideas on how the game I love can be rescued from the greedy old coots. It utterly depresses me that the bastards flagrantly bend and twist the rules to suit themselves whilst simultaneously flipping the bird at anyone who objects. They are so untouchable they don't even care anymore.

This isn’t a new phenomenon, unfortunately, and there’s very little that can be done about it (bar stopping watching, as you say). There was a book written a few years back by author David Yallop, for example, called ‘How They Stole The Game,’ an exposé of FIFA, João Havelange, Sepp Blatter and others detailing shenanigans stretching back to the early 1960’s (when Garrincha mysteriously had a suspension withdrawn for being sent off against Chile so that he could play in the 1962 World Cup final). Indeed, it’s a subject that has gained relevance again this week with the resignation of Havalenge from his position as honorary president of FIFA over accusations of bribery, something which would come as little surprise to anyone who has read Yallop’s book (the only minor shock being that he actually resigned, although at 96 he might have figured that it didn’t matter too much anyway). There are allegations in that particular book so outrageous that they would have surely landed its author in court had they been in any way baseless, but to my knowledge FIFA never took any action against him. That says a lot.

This is the governing body of the entire sport we’re talking about, and it’s been up to its neck in this kind of stuff for at least 50 years. And since shit tends to roll downhill, the ultimate irony represented by its motto ‘for the good of the game’ is always likely to be replicated in other, smaller organisations like the FA, the Premier League and even the PFA. In truth, the people who run these bodies typically couldn’t give a fuck about ‘the good of the game,’ yet they can usually be given a solid B- for effort for their deceit in arguing to the contrary and they do fool a lot of the people a lot of the time. Gordon Taylor seems to me to be typical of this type of official. He certainly never appears unduly concerned with being fair or scrupulous, which would immediately make him an outstanding candidate to hold office in any of football’s major governing bodies, and his hypocritical moralising and double-standards are simply par for the course in this kind of job. If he had any real talent or ambition, in fact, he would surely have ascended to the upper echelons of UEFA or FIFA by now. Thankfully he doesn’t, so it’s only the unfortunate members of the English PFA that have to deal with him.

In the Rachel Anderson article mentioned earlier, the term “representing the wishes of his players” is attributed to him. That, then, would be his version of ‘for the good of the game’. Yet as Anderson mentions, “they weren’t spending their own money; it was their players’ money wasn't it?” All for fighting a case that nobody in their right minds in the closing years of the 20th century would have wanted him to fight, certainly not his own membership. Yet he did so anyway. In Yallop’s aforementioned book, he quoted someone who knew Havelange describing him as an individual who would say hello with another man’s hat. Well, fighting a needless court case with your own members’ money would seem to me to be the perfect illustration of that. You have to wonder how they haven’t tired of him yet? Maybe it’s just a straightforward case of fooling all of the people all of the time?

Whatever it is, the members of the PFA might do well to begin considering that Taylor, as the leader of the organisation, ultimately reflects on them, and then ask themselves a few questions. Is it a worthwhile organisation at all, or merely an anachronism? What do they actually want it to be – a real union that tries to tackle the myriad of problems that affect supporters and players alike, or just a vehicle for media soundbytes when certain members get in trouble?  Do they want it to represent them with integrity? Do they want it to represent them at all? Is it even worth the cost of membership anymore? And if they do want the PFA to be a more relevant, productive organisation, is Taylor really the man to do that when he seems to resemble a press officer more than the highly-paid chief executive of what is supposed to be an important body?

Back in February 2012, Taylor immediately offered his services (to the media rather than the player, naturally) to discuss Luis Suárez’s failure to shake Patrice Evra’s hand, storming that “I feel sick to the stomach that there were youngsters who go on the pitch with the players and they would have wondered what was going on.” PFA Chairman Clarke Carlisle was also disgusted. This was the Professional Footballers’ Association, through its leadership, leaving us in no doubt as to what it finds acceptable – a refused handshake sickened its chief executive, Gordon Taylor, to the stomach (this from a man who once played down Stuart Pearce’s racist abuse of Paul Ince by saying that it was “in the heat of the moment”). On the other hand, rape is apparently more of a grey area. By its very nature, it takes place in darkened rooms far away from the football pitch and, therefore, Gordon Taylor’s jurisdiction. This is presumably why Sheffield United striker Ched Evans, convicted last year of raping a 19 year-old woman, was allowed to keep his place in the PFA League One team of the season for 2011/12. Taylor subsequently justified the decision to allow Evans retain this honour by saying that it “was not a moral judgement.” Is it any wonder that Rachel Anderson was refused entry to the PFA dinner in 1997 with that kind of attitude?

Here’s what I don’t get. I work a 40-hour week for a decent wage, nothing more, nothing less. I’m in a union too. My free-time is my own business. However, if I was to be convicted of rape, do you think I’d still get that employee of the month award? And do you think the head of my union would be defending me on any level? Does football exist in that kind of sphere or is it out there on its own somewhere between the music industry and organised crime? And should it be? I wonder what the PFA members reckon, or are we to assume that Taylor's views are their views? The race issues which engulfed Luis Suárez (and, to a lesser extent, John Terry) over the past couple of seasons brought real world issues into football, a sport which normally exists in a bubble. Its people bristle at any outside interference, be it regulation, police interference or Panorama investigations. Suddenly, you had all of this posturing and chest-beating about what’s right and wrong, and although the message was predictably garbled and distorted by hypocrisy and self-interest, manipulated and squeezed for every single drop of PR it had to give while someone’s reputation was being savaged (Suárez), it was at least a positive one – racism is inherently wrong and it has no place in football or anywhere else.

So amidst the usual double-standards (e.g. the virtual media silence on instances of racism involving Chelsea and Manchester United supporters in comparison to the circus which sprang up around the Tom Adeyemi incident at Anfield, as well as one high-profile writer suggesting that ignorance is no excuse for Suárez even as he wondered aloud whether the term “black ****” is racist), at least the central truth was inescapable. Yet when it comes to sexual assault? Nothing, despite the fact that a third of Premier League fans are supposedly female. What’s wrong with coming out and saying that if you get convicted of something like that by a court of law, beyond a reasonable doubt (i.e. not 'on the balance of probabilities'), then your PFA privileges (whatever they may be) will be revoked? Why do I get the distinct impression that anything which doesn’t take place on the football pitch is somehow more acceptable? Perhaps it’s because of quotes like this one from Clarke Carlisle: “It was a democratic vote on professional ability, not a moral decision. Some things in life are a shade of grey. Separating professional and personal behaviour is one of them.”

Right, so let’s be crystal clear about the PFA position here. Luis Suárez (a PFA member himself) is fair game to be criticised, psycho-analysed and condemned over his failure to publicly shake someone’s hand and, more recently, his ‘bite’ on Branislav Ivanovic. Were he to be charged with and convicted of, say, beating his wife or raping someone, on the other hand, the PFA would draw a clear line in the sand between his personal and professional conduct, no doubt because it’s an area that’s outside of their jurisdiction (even though he’s a member of their organisation). So, really, the only thing Suárez did wrong in their eyes was doing these things on a football pitch? If he did it in the street, presumably the PFA would have no comment? Or maybe they would, considering that Gordon Taylor saw fit to comment on a police investigation in January 2012 when he said of Tom Adeyemi that “we can confirm that he was the victim of racist abuse.” The accused was eventually acquitted of all charges in this case, yet Taylor was apparently confirming his guilt within days of the incident. Is that within his jurisdiction?

If I was a player, I wouldn’t want this individual representing me in any way, and it reflects very poorly on the PFA that he remains its chief executive.
« Last Edit: May 1, 2013, 02:30:58 pm by E2K »
Twitter: @e2klassic
Blog: theredstar.home.blog

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #76 on: May 1, 2013, 02:15:16 pm »
 :wellin

Cracking post Sir.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Hij

• Literally Custom-titlely neglected for literally over a decade, Ruud.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97.
    • Grime Forum
« Reply #77 on: May 1, 2013, 02:22:38 pm »
Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97. Justice for the Survivors.

Istanbul 2005. Athens 2007. Basel 2016. Kiev 2018. Madrid 2019. Paris 2022.

Offline The Gulleysucker

• RAWK's very own spinached up Popeye. Transfer Board Veteran 5 Stars.
  • RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
  • An Indolent Sybarite
« Reply #78 on: May 1, 2013, 02:27:05 pm »

That's a really excellent post.
I don't do polite so fuck yoursalf with your stupid accusations...

Right you fuckwit I will show you why you are talking out of your fat arse...

Mutton Geoff (Obviously a real nice guy)

Offline lindylou100

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #79 on: May 1, 2013, 02:52:12 pm »
That was a nice post E2K and I agree with all of it. It just a shame that absolutely nothing can be done about this kind of corruption which is hiding in plain sight.