Author Topic: Preview: Liverpool FC vs Tottenham Hotspur (Mothering Sunday 10th Mar, 4pm)  (Read 100780 times)

Offline DanA

• misses the Eurovision Glory Days.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Lloris > Reina
Johnson > Walker (Walker is fast and nothing else. Cannot defend to save his life)
Dawson > Skrtel
Agger < Vertonghen (draw)
Enrique > BAE
Lucas > Parker (Scott Parker is horse shit)
Gerrard > Dembele (No slight on Dembele he's class)
Suarez = Bale (both playing in the number 10 role atm, i'd have Suarez and doing it this way i can skew the way this looks haha)
Lennon > Downing (Obviously)
Coutinho - Sigurdsson (can't choose between the two, both are fairly unknown)
Sturridge  - Defoe (draw)

That's how i see us v them. I think man for man we're slightly better. Their squad players like Holtby/Dempsey/Adebayor are better than ours.

How do you see us man for man against them? Who would you have out of their 11 in our team ahead of our players?

I think neutrals would have it as I corrected. With Tottenham pretty much winning everything on the bench.
Quote from: hinesy
He hadn't played as if he was on fire, more the slight breeze cutting across New Brighton on a summer's day than El Nino, the force of nature.

Offline brittanyred

• Kemlynite
He falls when he wants, he falls when he wants, Gareth Bale, he falls when he wants! ;-)

can be replaced by "dive" too. :-)

But what a great player.
« Last Edit: March 7, 2013, 10:34:11 pm by brittanyred »
"For a player to be good enough to play for Liverpool, he must be prepared to run through a brick wall for me then come out fighting on the other side." Bill Shankly

Offline b_joseph

• b_jesus, b_mary, b_joseph and the wee b_donkey. Unloyal gloryhunter who was probably Kelly Osbourne in another life.
  • Legacy Fan
No....Inter were frighteningly bad.
Thats what everyone says when we smash a team. Have to give credit when credit is due...this Spurs team are playing at a high level and they have qualities that usually hurt us ( size, speed, power ).

We can win but its not a game that we should expect to win. Hopefully we will be more competitive that we were at their place by avoiding a slow start and maintaining focus for 90 minutes.

People talk shit about Walker but that combo of him and Lennon down the right is scary. I'd imagine Henderson will play the dual role and he will have a hard shift.
« Last Edit: March 7, 2013, 10:41:02 pm by b_joseph »

Offline Bruce88

• Legacy Fan
Thought that they were really good today. They had a great week and a great start of a very tough period for them. Let's end their momentum at Anfield, looking forward to this game! :)

Offline maher

• Legacy Fan
  • You'll Never Walk Alone..
when was the last time we won against them?

Offline 007.lankyguy

• Subject of a restraining order by a regular member of the HIGNFY crew. Hasn't got a clue when Liverpool play next. Fully stopped.
  • Legacy Fan
when was the last time we won against them?
2-0 in 2010 I think
"Mind you, I've been here during the bad times too - one year we came second." Sir Bob

Offline iamrobk

• Legacy Fan
Between Bale, Lennon, Defoe and Walker, the pace from these lot is unreal. And Vertonghen is a class act. Hats off to them, at the moment they're a very good team.

We're still going to twat the c*nts though.
Not that its a bad thing, but I think Spurs rely on pace more than any other side in the PL, and more than most sides in Europe.

Offline brittanyred

• Kemlynite
Both team will meet on sunday at their best of the season.

Great test for Coutinho-Suarez-Sturridge.
"For a player to be good enough to play for Liverpool, he must be prepared to run through a brick wall for me then come out fighting on the other side." Bill Shankly

Offline tommy LFC

• Despite his sophistication, intelligence, wit, charm and extraordinary good looks, nobody wanted to give him one...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • VAR is shite.
He falls when he wants, he falls when he wants, Gareth Bale, he falls when he wants! ;-)

can be replaced by "dive" too. :-)

But what a great player.

Would be embarrassing if we sang that and cheered Suarez.
Let us never forget Rafael Benitez and what he did for us. A fighter full of guts and passion. A gentleman full of class and dignity. A football manager full of intelligence and pure genius. A Legend.
Adios Rafa, buena suerte.

Some people say I'm a dreamer...

Offline brittanyred

• Kemlynite
Would be embarrassing if we sang that and cheered Suarez.

True. But he still dives more than Suarez (and I'm gutted when the uruguayan does)

Offline bigbear

• offering a $10,000 reward for information leading to arrest and imprisonment of the international porridge thief and furniture wrecker Goldilocks
  • Legacy Fan
It's a game to really look forward to. Simple as that.

Spurs are getting lots of plaudits right now and fair enough, so let's see where we stand against them. We are just about at full strength so no excuses this is a proper test of our development.

It's about time we put one of these sides away and I do genuinely think it will happen on Sunday. They got lucky at their place and we are in a much better place.

I fancy 3-1. Just hope we don't give them any silly goals again.

Offline meady1981

• Confuses “Scottish” with “Scotch”.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LEGACY FAN
Heart saying 4-1 us Suarez Hatrick.. But head saying 3-1 us Carragher two goals and OG Bale. It's difficult to differentiate because I have a massive head and a less than perfect heart due to the booze and fags. Either way I think football will be the winner. And us.

Offline DanA

• misses the Eurovision Glory Days.
  • Legacy Fan
Reckon they might put a team out as follows:

Lloris
Walker Dawson Vertoghen Eskotto
                Parker Dembele
          Holtby    Bale      Sigurdsson
                       Defoe 

Injured: Sandro,  Dempsey, Adebayor, Lennon

It's possible Bale could move to the wing to make them more balanced but he's been amazing in a more central area.       
Quote from: hinesy
He hadn't played as if he was on fire, more the slight breeze cutting across New Brighton on a summer's day than El Nino, the force of nature.

Offline bigbear

• offering a $10,000 reward for information leading to arrest and imprisonment of the international porridge thief and furniture wrecker Goldilocks
  • Legacy Fan
Reckon they might put a team out as follows:

Lloris
Walker Dawson Vertoghen Eskotto
                Parker Dembele
          Holtby    Bale      Sigurdsson
                       Defoe 

Injured: Sandro,  Dempsey, Adebayor, Lennon

It's possible Bale could move to the wing to make them more balanced but he's been amazing in a more central area.       
Did Lennon definitely do his hammy ?

He is playing well right now and would be a big blow as it gives them a dual threat of players who can go past people. With him out the focus is Bale then Bale and then Bale.

Offline elpistolero7

• Biggest waste of space in history.
  • Legacy Fan
  • What's in a name anyway? No, I'm not bitter.
i can see lucas marking bale

if we can keep bale quiet we will win

i can see sturridge and suarez scoring

Lucas isn't superman. There will be times when Bale simply out-paces Lucas...thing I miss most about Mascherano. Terrifically quick over a short space for a DM, he'd mark Bale out of a game on form, like he did Robben when Real were flying and came to Anfield.

Bale's going to be torture to defend against. We struggle against pacy, direct players.
What belongs to you, but is used by others?

Offline downtown

• abbewy
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for Sarina
The match thread on glory-glory is more of a "Vent your hatred towards Liverpool" thread as opposed to analysis of the game

;D ;D ;D

Offline krizzobizzle

• Mr Fun at a party near you soon!
  • Kopite
The match thread on glory-glory is more of a "Vent your hatred towards Liverpool" thread as opposed to analysis of the game

;D ;D ;D

Yep not suprised in the slightest, some people on here seem to look at Spurs and their fans all doughy eyed. I cant fucking stand Spurs to be honest. Up there with my hatred for Utd and Chelsea.

As for Bale. He's not Suarez. For me you can get tight into his back and keep him quiet. Inter gave Tottenham 10 yards all night to do what they wanted. They shouldnt get that space at our place. If memory serves me, when Bale played at Anfield last year he wasnt even in the game.

They wont be able to keep Suarez that quiet. He is always buzzing around and drawing fouls. Will be an interesting game, but I think we will win if we press as good as we have done in our past couple of games, and show our quality in the final 3rd.
« Last Edit: March 8, 2013, 12:16:52 am by krizzobizzle »

Offline SlowRap

• SlowCrapAllOverTheBoards. No longer appealing! Apparently not a bastard. But no denial of being sarcastic and having no clue. Interesting. Fist pumps all the way down the stairs.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Let freedom reign
I'm thinking Carra is a certain starter for this; set our back line nice and low so that their pace won't do us too much damage. Trouble with that is Bale is in some kind of sniper mode whereby every shot he fires from outside the box goes in. Can see them just letting us have the ball and hitting us on the break.

---------------Reina------------
Johnson---Carra--Agger--Enrique-
----------Lucas-----Gerrard-----------
--------------------------------Henderson-----------
--Downing------------------------------------------
--------------------------Suarez----------
----------------Sturridge--------------------------------

With Sturridge I'm so much more confident in getting something out of this.
"We must turn from doubters into believers" - Jurgen Klopp

I've got a feeling that Origi is the real deal, from a couple of games I watched but mainly his interviews there seems to be something about him.

Offline EFoley1991

• Kopite
Lucas isn't superman. There will be times when Bale simply out-paces Lucas...thing I miss most about Mascherano. Terrifically quick over a short space for a DM, he'd mark Bale out of a game on form, like he did Robben when Real were flying and came to Anfield.

Bale's going to be torture to defend against. We struggle against pacy, direct players.

So what your saying is masherano is superman?

Offline JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • President of the Harry Wilson fanclub

Sorry but Mascherano isn't as quick as Bale and neither is Robben
You don't man mark him you defend as a team, cut off the supply lines to him .... oh and show him to his right for fucks sake

Offline amirani

• Legacy Fan
  • Carolina Red!
Extremely excited for this game! Going to watch it at this bar called London Bridge in Raleigh downtown.

ITS high time we win a game against a worthy opposition. Nobody else(besides us fans) is going to remember how well we played against City(home and away), United(home), Arsenal(away).. they'll just look at the results and say "ehh, Liverpool tied against xyz.. they are not good enough".. Time to change that now!

I don't care how we win.. own goal by a spurs player or Suarez handles the ball in.. Just get the foooking W!!

Offline Kopitian

• Anny Roader
2-1 to them

remember the feeling, 2 steps forward 1 step back throughout this whole season? This game will be a 1 step back.

Really really wish we could get something out of this game though..but me head says no.

Offline elsewhere

• Turning Japanese, I think I'm turning Japanese, I really think I mean African, so...
  • Legacy Fan
5-4 Liverpool

Suarez 13,41,47,74,83

Bale 7,34,43,66

Offline artanis

• Legacy Fan
  • It is what it is.
We will win by a two goal margin.
We are a better team.

Offline woof

• Barking up the wrong tree.
  • Legacy Fan
I don't think BR will get anyone to man-mark Bale. Depending on where he operates, he may have someone close him down when in the area. Our chance of winning significantly increases if Lennon is out injured. He's one less worry. We will start as underdogs.

Offline SwissV

• Legacy Fan
Im just picturing Bale running at full flight running towrads goal before feeling the wrath of Carragher. Carragher lunging out with an audacious tackle sending Bale hurtling through the air & only being able to rise enough to watch as Carragher dazzling with his cunning trickery slices through the entire Tottenham team before slotting the ball past a fully streched Lloris in the top corner. All done with a coolness that would make ice feel warm.
Origi will be our Lawendowski , quote me

Offline LFC Jim

• Kopite
Funny people saying that we struggle against quick, direct players but I think most teams struggle against them.
Bring Back Sami.

Offline subroc

• cut at you with a clipper? Gas Face given, I beg to differ.
  • Legacy Fan
Im just picturing Bale running at full flight running towrads goal before feeling the wrath of Carragher. Carragher lunging out with an audacious tackle sending Bale hurtling through the air & only being able to rise enough to watch as Carragher dazzling with his cunning trickery slices through the entire Tottenham team before slotting the ball past a fully streched Lloris in the top corner. All done with a coolness that would make ice feel warm.

Whatever you are on, it's got to be illegal!!!  ;D

Offline careca

• Kopite
  • "Shanks - Considered wisdom"
should be a belting game good test for our lads
Keeping the faith

Offline rushie9

• Kopite
  • FAN FAN
BR will set the formation for a draw ... at home, and that's what he aim ... once again
FAN= with one eye open to see all the goodies of a player, with the other eye and ear shut....

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
BR will set the formation for a draw ... at home, and that's what he aim ... once again

Eh?

Offline mikeb58

• The Poet Laureate of the Hillsborough forum and indeed, now, the rest of the site! Allez, allez, allez......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • kopite

Just like all the other thrashings we've handed out at home recently then...or we could be unlucky at home again and not get the 3 points we set for and should have got against both manc teams this season (and city away as well)
« Last Edit: March 8, 2013, 07:12:44 am by mikeb58 »
Hillsborough...Our Greatest Victory (out now)

Offline proudred

• Legacy Fan
Think Henderson should play in place of Allen.Think with allen and lucas and gerrard  we will be bypassed in the midfield.

Offline pougueme

• Main Stander
  • Hard to beat Istanbul, but...
Liverpool by 2 (at least)!

Great day to be a RED!!!
Old enough to have seen Best, Charlton and Law from the terrace at Selhurst Park while shouting like hell for the home club.  Old enough to have seen Pele's first match on Randall's Island in New York.  Old enough to have seen Jimi Hendrix warm up for the Monkees at Forrest Hills. 

Yes, pretty fucking old all right!

Offline CognacBut

• BrandyAss
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

Maybe you should try watching our games once in a while.

Offline 7777

• RAWK Boxing Prediction League Champion 07
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We see things they'll never see
Eh?

He aim formation draw, drawing formation aims

Offline Malaysian Kopite

• Feels shivers when he looks a Trquarista's...
  • Legacy Fan
He aim formation draw, drawing formation aims
;D
Football without fans is nothing.

We've won 18 titles, 5 European Cups, 7 FA Cups, but today must be the greatest victory of all.

Offline rushie9

• Kopite
  • FAN FAN
Maybe you should try watching our games once in a while.

i watch every single match we play ... very much depend of BR set up ... high line or drop deep for midfield

we are not that strong at home this season .. or for quite sometimes already .. sure Spurs had a mid wk game, but we shall see
FAN= with one eye open to see all the goodies of a player, with the other eye and ear shut....

Online Harris96

• Kopite
to be honest it wouldn't surprise me if bale did end up on the left as i'd hope he wouldn't get too much change out of Lucas. I'd be tempted to play Henderson and downing rather than one or the other but that'd be extremely harsh on coutinho

Offline Studog

• Kopite
For those saying we are a better team and we're going to dick them. Are we?

I wouldn't say we're a better team. They are third and we are seventh. They also have amazing away form and we haven't played well against them for ages now.

We played well against them after going 2-0 down at WHL but this game is going to be close as.

Dn't they usually drop deep and play on the counter with their pace away from home? However much I think Bale is a boring monotonous bell whiff he's an unbelieveable player (or as 'Arry would've said: "he looks a player") and could hurt any team, it's how well we, as a team, counter act their specific threats - Bale, Dembele, Defoe (been on fire this year and has the ability to create a chase from chasing loose ends)

If Lennon is out it's a big boost because his pace coupled with Walkers doesn't half stretch your left hand side.

I think Hendo will replace Cou and we'll see Coutinho come on from the bench and try and stretch them exploiting any tiredness