Author Topic: Youth and Under 23 Thread  (Read 12303720 times)

Offline ouestlereferee

• Pourquoi! C'est monsieur Scrutin
  • Legacy Fan
  • Joga Benitez
Re: So what are these Youth/Reserve Lads like?
« Reply #280 on: February 6, 2008, 01:38:53 pm »
I really don't want to enter in a debate with you, but it is a well known fact that a human body is not finished with its development by the age of 18 ...

Recently, there was a huge debate on this issue (physical and psychological development of young athletes) when the NBA put a limit (19 years of age) for young players entering professional basketball ... There was unanimous support for this rule from the medical and psychological experts ...

Remember though that the NBA consists of people who have exceptional physical attributes  (and for the most part develop later), football, for the most part, is about skill.

Offline ouestlereferee

• Legacy Fan
  • Joga Benitez
« Reply #281 on: February 6, 2008, 01:41:37 pm »
I really don't want to enter in a debate with you, but it is a well known fact that a human body is not finished with its development by the age of 18 ...

Recently, there was a huge debate on this issue (physical and psychological development of young athletes) when the NBA put a limit (19 years of age) for young players entering professional basketball ... There was unanimous support for this rule from the medical and psychological experts ...

just so I get this straight, are you suggesting that the likes of Messi, Cesc, Lucas, & Babel should just be about starting to play senior football now?  whilst Walcott, Aguero, Bojan, Pato are still too young to play?

Offline Rafadom

• Anny Roader
« Reply #282 on: February 6, 2008, 01:50:11 pm »

Torres              Nemeth

Babel

Lucas             Mascarano        Gerrard

Insua         Skrtel                 Agger       Darby

Reina

Subs: Martin, Hobbs, Carragher, Alonso, Pacheco.

Well you never know do you.

I would actually put Pancheo ahead of Nemmeth Sarge in a 433. Pancheo likes to go wide then come central or drop deep then pick up the ball, the rotation between torres, Babel and Pancheo within these areas in a 433 with a passing mentality in the team would be excellent.

The one touch football in and around the area would be lovely hopefully it will happen.

The reserves are playing very tight angles and using small areas to play between each other in their play and its nice to watch we need more of that in the first team but the players we have arnt up to it yet.

I overall i dont see many people making it from the reserves but in a way its still progression if they make it to a high level, Pancheo needs a bit of speed work but that will come when he gets used to his new body weight and strength.

Offline ouestlereferee

• Legacy Fan
  • Joga Benitez
« Reply #283 on: February 6, 2008, 02:04:19 pm »
I would actually put Pancheo ahead of Nemmeth Sarge in a 433. Pancheo likes to go wide then come central or drop deep then pick up the ball, the rotation between torres, Babel and Pancheo within these areas in a 433 with a passing mentality in the team would be excellent.

The one touch football in and around the area would be lovely hopefully it will happen.

The reserves are playing very tight angles and using small areas to play between each other in their play and its nice to watch we need more of that in the first team but the players we have arnt up to it yet.

I overall i dont see many people making it from the reserves but in a way its still progression if they make it to a high level, Pancheo needs a bit of speed work but that will come when he gets used to his new body weight and strength.

Agree about Pacheco over Nemeth.  I suspect Nemeth may be one of those players who struggles with the step-up (he may not have enough pace).  Also agree about the number from the current Ressie team who make it...  I would say Insua is the closest to the first team & Pacheco is probably the brightest prospect.  That said, I think the youth team has a sufficient number of decent attackers that it's not unreasonable to think that 2 or more will at least play for the first team at some point or other (not saying they'll all establish themselves and be great players tho)....   it'd be great to be like Barca tho...  if we could have 3 attackers come through like the way they have had Messi, Dos Santos, & Bojan all in the space of a couple of years!   Pacheco, Ajdarevic & one of Nemeth/Amoo/Ecclestone/Pourie/Bruna/Dalla Valle would be nice :)

BTW it's Pacheco not Pancheo

Offline Crazyhorse7778

• Legacy Fan
  • VICTORY!!!
« Reply #284 on: February 6, 2008, 02:07:52 pm »
I would rate Nemeth higher than Pacheco at the moment. Both very exciting prospects though.

PS: Does anyone know if the commentators on LFC TV are pronouncing Pacheco correctly, it just doesn't sound very Spanish.
anyone know what actually happened to ribery's face?
Just a routine tackle by Skrtel

Offline RJH

• doesn't know his alphabet
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #285 on: February 6, 2008, 02:13:11 pm »
just so I get this straight, are you suggesting that the likes of Messi, Cesc, Lucas, & Babel should just be about starting to play senior football now?  whilst Walcott, Aguero, Bojan, Pato are still too young to play?

Not to mention that rather scoring versus Argentina, Owen would still have been waiting to make his Liverpool debut.

Oh, and wasn't there that Rooney fella as well?

Not to mention many others.

Offline ouestlereferee

• Legacy Fan
  • Joga Benitez
« Reply #286 on: February 6, 2008, 02:14:34 pm »
I would rate Nemeth higher than Pacheco at the moment. Both very exciting prospects though.

PS: Does anyone know if the commentators on LFC TV are pronouncing Pacheco correctly, it just doesn't sound very Spanish.

probably Catalan!

Offline Macedonian_Red

• NewsNow. Actually much later. And then probably wrong.
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #287 on: February 6, 2008, 02:15:16 pm »

If you want a direct answer ... YES

Do you want me to make you a list of players that have never reached their full potential because of injuries in the early stage of their careers or, even more important, because of off-the-field problems ?

For every positive example you give there, there are hundreds of negative examples of talented players ruining their careers because they were rushed into something they were not ready to deal with (both physically and mentally) ...

I am strongly in favor of the existence of an U-21 system of competition in every country, just to give young players a chance to develop in a more natural way, without the pressure of the senior football at least until the age of 19-20 ...

Offline Macedonian_Red

• No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #288 on: February 6, 2008, 02:21:05 pm »
Not to mention that rather scoring versus Argentina, Owen would still have been waiting to make his Liverpool debut.

Oh, and wasn't there that Rooney fella as well?

Not to mention many others.

Yes ... The same Michael Owen that effectively ended his career at top-level football at the age of 25 ... As for Rooney, he is only 22 and already had some serious injury problems ...

Offline ouestlereferee

• Legacy Fan
  • Joga Benitez
« Reply #289 on: February 6, 2008, 02:25:44 pm »
If you want a direct answer ... YES

Do you want me to make you a list of players that have never reached their full potential because of injuries in the early stage of their careers or, even more important, because of off-the-field problems ?

For every positive example you give there, there are hundreds of negative examples of talented players ruining their careers because they were rushed into something they were not ready to deal with (both physically and mentally) ...

I am strongly in favor of the existence of an U-21 system of competition in every country, just to give young players a chance to develop in a more natural way, without the pressure of the senior football at least until the age of 19-20 ...

No.  That's a fair enough point - I'm not having a go, just wanted to see if you apply the rule in general terms.

Personally I don't buy the argument about players not making it being down to players being rushed through to soon per se - if you've ever read freakonomics when they discuss the similarties between acting, cocaine, and McNasty's where there are tonnes of people at the bottom all aspiring to the especially desirable positions of the top I think you'd look at football in a similar way....

My own view is that there's a far bigger problem with rushing players back from injury - Rooney & Terry being the two most obvious examples over the last year or so.  John Terry's just turned 27, which should just be coming into prime for a centre-back, but I'd be surprised if he doesn't continue to have major injury problems for the rest of his career.  Same with Rooney.

Offline Macedonian_Red

• No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #290 on: February 6, 2008, 02:52:41 pm »

My own view is that there's a far bigger problem with rushing players back from injury - Rooney & Terry being the two most obvious examples over the last year or so.  John Terry's just turned 27, which should just be coming into prime for a centre-back, but I'd be surprised if he doesn't continue to have major injury problems for the rest of his career.  Same with Rooney.

True ... The pressure of the TV deals is becoming more dangerous by the day ...

Offline ouestlereferee

• Legacy Fan
  • Joga Benitez
« Reply #291 on: February 6, 2008, 03:02:39 pm »
True ... The pressure of the TV deals is becoming more dangerous by the day ...

yes that would be my concern with Pacheco.  IF (and a big IF) he turns out to be the next Owen, we couldn't pin all our hopes on him, rather he should be played like Bojan is at Barca (who can afford to do it because of their utterly amazing array of attacking talent), and hopefully he wouldn't become so key as quickly as Owen did, as Babel, Torres, Gerrard, possibly Lucas, and 1/2 new signings will be all sharing the burden....  or as Chelsea did last season with Terry at the back (much older, obviously, but really only having Essien's versatility as cover)

Offline Rafadom

• Anny Roader
« Reply #292 on: February 6, 2008, 03:07:22 pm »

Crazyhorse i agree to a point but if we in that were going to use a 433 then Pancheo would  fit best in that formation mainly due to his style and skill, Nemeth looks to be better when he is a partnership of two he being the further forward looking to work the space n the edge of the D he is a natural finnisher someone who will allways get a goal it seem you never know.

But in the allround game i would still probably go for Pancheo considering his age and the ability he has shown is of one that will make it.

Like Walcott he has shown a attitude and skill level that is way abouve his age level and that is a huge indicator to if he will make it or not.

Thats why ecclestone is so exciting his growth and his skill level is abouve that of his age and he makes things look easy, its great to see our level is dropping but our skill level is higher than ever.

We are showing signs of a growing youth system, may take another 2 years to see the true test of the academy.

Offline ouestlereferee

• Legacy Fan
  • Joga Benitez
« Reply #293 on: February 6, 2008, 03:13:14 pm »
Crazyhorse i agree to a point but if we in that were going to use a 433 then Pancheo would  fit best in that formation mainly due to his style and skill, Nemeth looks to be better when he is a partnership of two he being the further forward looking to work the space n the edge of the D he is a natural finnisher someone who will allways get a goal it seem you never know.

But in the allround game i would still probably go for Pancheo considering his age and the ability he has shown is of one that will make it.

Like Walcott he has shown a attitude and skill level that is way abouve his age level and that is a huge indicator to if he will make it or not.

Thats why ecclestone is so exciting his growth and his skill level is abouve that of his age and he makes things look easy, its great to see our level is dropping but our skill level is higher than ever.

We are showing signs of a growing youth system, may take another 2 years to see the true test of the academy.

It's Pacheco not Pancheo

Agree it will still take another couple of years to see the true quality of the players currently coming through the Academy.

Nemeth I would like to see as a backup for Torres, at some stage...  I think Pacheco can probably be deployed wide or up front - preferring the latter, but has the skillset to play as an attacker rather than just a goalscorer...

Offline Rafadom

• Anny Roader
« Reply #294 on: February 6, 2008, 03:40:17 pm »
My bad allways thought i had his name correct oh well glad i know the correct spelling.
well i def dont want any of the youngsters near the first team untill we get our passing play sorted because the likes of Torres, Babel, Nemeth and Pancheco wont florish nor develop if were lumping balls up to them.

It will be better when the first team is sorted then we can start to promote our youngsters.

Offline ouestlereferee

• Legacy Fan
  • Joga Benitez
« Reply #295 on: February 6, 2008, 03:46:59 pm »
sorry allways thought i had his name correct oh well glad i know the correct spelling.
well i def dont want any of the youngsters near the first team untill we get our passing play sorted because the likes of Torres, Babel, Nemeth and Pancheco wont florish nor develop if were lumping balls up to them.

It will be better when the first team is sorted then we can start to promote our youngsters.

It's Pacheco!

To a certain extent I agree, but I also think youngsters are key to the passing game...  Insua is an improvement on Riise, Lucas is one of the best passers of the ball we have, Agger (espcecially) & Skrtel (to a lesser extent) are better than most of their defensive colleagues on the ball...  I'd rather see Pacheco getting on the end of stuff from Lucas & Insua rather than than long balls from Carra or blocks from Riise's 35 yarders...

Offline Sarge

• Fine with being a Fucker. He's a lovable rouge
  • Legacy Fan
  • Boom!
« Reply #296 on: February 6, 2008, 04:39:12 pm »
I really don't want to enter in a debate with you,

Why not?
Y.N.W.A.

Offline Sarge

• Legacy Fan
  • Boom!
Y.N.W.A.

Offline Sarge

• Legacy Fan
  • Boom!
« Reply #298 on: February 6, 2008, 10:29:03 pm »
So looking good for Insua, Nemeth, Anderson, Pacheco, Ajdarevic, Amoo, Ecclestone, Bruna, Darby and Irwin.
« Last Edit: February 6, 2008, 10:31:35 pm by Sarge »
Y.N.W.A.

Offline ouestlereferee

• Legacy Fan
  • Joga Benitez
« Reply #299 on: February 6, 2008, 10:35:28 pm »
by my count we have 15 first teamers fit & eligible for sunday....  one of the youngsters will have to sit on the bench...  hopefully insua, pacheco, nemeth, or spearing rather than el zhar...

Offline Dash

• Main Stander
« Reply #300 on: February 6, 2008, 11:39:06 pm »
So lets clear this up.. Pancheo? ;D

Offline lucid-tentacles

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • Living for the moment
« Reply #301 on: February 7, 2008, 12:46:36 am »
The only thing about pancisco sic is that i don't recollect him EVER passing a ball in the game against Bolton but then it was just the highlights.
I don't mind waitin', don't mind waitin'
Cause no matter how long it takes
All of us know
That it's getting better
Growing stronger, warm and wilder
Getting better everyday,

Offline ouestlereferee

• Legacy Fan
  • Joga Benitez
« Reply #302 on: February 7, 2008, 12:52:09 am »
The only thing about pancisco sic is that i don't recollect him EVER passing a ball in the game against Bolton but then it was just the highlights.

not in those highlights...  that's true.  but then considering he was creating shooting opportunities and that was what the highlights consisted of, you can hardly criticise him because the limited highlights showed pacheco's chances rather than brouwer's efforts...  if you watch his other appearances he creates loads of assists - it's a lot easier for him to operate in that way with nemeth - with brouwer he may as well be up front by himself....

Online GreatEx

• pectations. might be a cunt but isn't a capitalist cunt. Blissfully ignorant.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #303 on: February 7, 2008, 04:44:07 am »

Exactly, it was just the highlights, but the most exciting thing about watching Pacheco is not necessarily the goals he scores but his great touch and vision and the way he seems to always have an extra few seconds on the ball -- the mark of any great player.

He does appear to be an exceptional talent and you'd say he was a sure thing; then again, if you'd asked me in 2005 I'd have said Paul Anderson was a sure thing for the 07/08 season and yet he hasn't got any further than League One.

Offline RedMichelFerri

• Legacy Fan
  • You'll Never Walk Alone - Liverpool till I die
« Reply #304 on: February 7, 2008, 04:52:49 am »
Been watching U-18 highlights for a while and I have very high hopes for Highdale, Irwin, Eccelton, Ammo and Ajdarevic (this boy has vision and passing accuracy of Alonso at 17).
“Seeing these smiling faces is the greatest pleasure. They have been magnificent all season. They have been our 12th man. I have always said our fans are the best in England. Now I know they are the best in Europe too.”

- Rafa Benitez : RIP Ray.

Offline Macedonian_Red

• No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #305 on: February 7, 2008, 09:03:45 am »

No.  That's a fair enough point - I'm not having a go, just wanted to see if you apply the rule in general terms.

This is a thread I started some time ago on the issue ...

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=179837.0

If there are U-21 league and U-21 cup competition, it is my opinion that a young player must complete at least one season at that level before going to senior level ...

Of course, in the case of some players (like Messi, Fabregas or Aguero) this rule will be considered obsolete and holding back their development ... But, in terms of development of ALL young players and improving the quality of football in general, it will have a huge positive effect ... After all, any player at the age of 19-20 is still a very young player ...

Offline Timbo's Goals

• Petrified of THE BEAST
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
    • Timbos Liverpool
« Reply #306 on: February 7, 2008, 09:26:44 am »
Got to say I'm all for blooding youngsters. And I have always gone along with Matt Busby's mantra of "if they're good enough, they're old enough".

BUT that game against a Bolton reserve side who had lost something like 8 out of their 12 games was Pacheco's first start of the season.

Now there's blooding and there's BLOODING,

To remotely consider Pacheco for the Premier League at this stage of his career development would be reportable to the NSPCC. He showed real ability against Bolton but come on fellas.

Nemeth, I feel, is a different case. He is older, stronger and has experience at higher levels. Also a fundamental element of his game consists of making space for himself and finding space. You cannot really teach that as it's instinctive. That gift allied to his close two footed skills and Fowler-like goalscoring knack could well translate onto the Premier stage.

Pourie is another whose more physical "game" could translate well into the premier League.

That said I'd say realistically we're talking of at least a year or so extra experience before any of these could be considered for even a League Cup game.

From what I've watched the only one who could hold his own in the Premier at the moment is Jay Spearing. Despite his size, he has bags of ability, a huge heart and determined approach which I feel would not see him overawed. Also he could slot in anywhere.

Offline ouestlereferee

• Legacy Fan
  • Joga Benitez
« Reply #307 on: February 7, 2008, 01:29:48 pm »
Been watching U-18 highlights for a while and I have very high hopes for Highdale, Irwin, Eccelton, Ammo and Ajdarevic (this boy has vision and passing accuracy of Alonso at 17).

I think Astrit is somewhat Riquelme-like - further up the field than Alonso.

Offline ouestlereferee

• Legacy Fan
  • Joga Benitez
« Reply #308 on: February 7, 2008, 01:38:59 pm »
Exactly, it was just the highlights, but the most exciting thing about watching Pacheco is not necessarily the goals he scores but his great touch and vision and the way he seems to always have an extra few seconds on the ball -- the mark of any great player.

He does appear to be an exceptional talent and you'd say he was a sure thing; then again, if you'd asked me in 2005 I'd have said Paul Anderson was a sure thing for the 07/08 season and yet he hasn't got any further than League One.

2 very good points.  Paul Anderson I think a lot of people want here as a squad player for next season, and I'd be inclined to agree:
- If Rafa insists on having such a big squad, the more of it that's home-grown the more money available for single-player transfers.. (12m player rather than two 6m ones)
- In reality, we're not exactly used to playing with Ronaldo on the wings, so is a hungry youngster with good dribbling skills going to be markedly less effective than Kewell, Riise, or Aurelio have been this season?  I'm not slagging these players off, but being out of form/recovering from injury has meant that this area has been often passenger-like this season.  Granted Paul is a RM, but you can move Yossi or even Pennant to LM and they'll be similarly productive as they are on the right - I really can't see how it would be a major problem to have him as a squad player....

Offline ouestlereferee

• Legacy Fan
  • Joga Benitez
« Reply #309 on: February 7, 2008, 01:43:12 pm »
This is a thread I started some time ago on the issue ...

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=179837.0

If there are U-21 league and U-21 cup competition, it is my opinion that a young player must complete at least one season at that level before going to senior level ...

Of course, in the case of some players (like Messi, Fabregas or Aguero) this rule will be considered obsolete and holding back their development ... But, in terms of development of ALL young players and improving the quality of football in general, it will have a huge positive effect ... After all, any player at the age of 19-20 is still a very young player ...

Different topic, really, but if Messi, Fabregas or Aguero are considered exceptions than I don't see why Owen, Rooney, or now Walcott would not be too....  and it's obvious the latter 3 have all had too much asked of them too soon (although not to the detriment of Walcott's fitness)

Offline ouestlereferee

• Legacy Fan
  • Joga Benitez
« Reply #310 on: February 7, 2008, 02:23:55 pm »
Got to say I'm all for blooding youngsters. And I have always gone along with Matt Busby's mantra of "if they're good enough, they're old enough".

BUT that game against a Bolton reserve side who had lost something like 8 out of their 12 games was Pacheco's first start of the season.

Now there's blooding and there's BLOODING,

To remotely consider Pacheco for the Premier League at this stage of his career development would be reportable to the NSPCC. He showed real ability against Bolton but come on fellas.

Nemeth, I feel, is a different case. He is older, stronger and has experience at higher levels. Also a fundamental element of his game consists of making space for himself and finding space. You cannot really teach that as it's instinctive. That gift allied to his close two footed skills and Fowler-like goalscoring knack could well translate onto the Premier stage.

Pourie is another whose more physical "game" could translate well into the premier League.

That said I'd say realistically we're talking of at least a year or so extra experience before any of these could be considered for even a League Cup game.

From what I've watched the only one who could hold his own in the Premier at the moment is Jay Spearing. Despite his size, he has bags of ability, a huge heart and determined approach which I feel would not see him overawed. Also he could slot in anywhere.

Not sure I agree exacty.

Re Pacheco:
- Bolton are one of the oldest teams that the ressies will play - Mikel Alonso played, for example.  THe question marks about Pacheco are not over his ability, rather his physicality, so playing against senior & physical players does give us some new information.
- He has started 3 ressie games actually.  He's steadily built the number of minutes since he's arrived (like Babel or Lucas in the 1st team)...  and he played against Tottenham or West Ham, & Bury in friendly games in Dec/Jan.  You've also got to balance this with the fact that the ressies play so few games, and that they've had a few games postponed of late - these are all games Pacheco would be using to increase his match-fitness.
- I haven't seen anyone realistically proposing he starts for the first team, but I'm not sure what's wrong if we only have 14/15 players fit and he's sitting on the bench.  Bring him on at 75-80 mins and he'll get a taste of it, if he does something - great - if he doesn't then it's only 10-15 mins that he can build on.

Re Pourie:
- He's not even in the Ressies yet - so for him the PL is an even bigger step than Pacheco, Nemeth, or Spearing

Re Nemeth:
- I would suspect he's physically better than Pacheco - and I'd be more confident he wouldn't get bullied around than with Pacheco.  However, I think it's fair to question whether he has the quality to cut it at the highest level.  Admittedly he's faster than Kuyt, but I"m not convinced he's as quick or agile as Robbie was - Nemeth is no Torres/Henry/Owen, but neither was Robbie, yet he had enough pace to create space to shoot etc.  For me, I am simply not sure whether Nemeth can do it or no - not saying he can or can't - I just don't know.

Re Spearing:
- In terms of if we had to play for 90 mins and we had to use one of the ressies, I'd probably prefer Insua over Spearing.  This is because left-back is not so important a position.  If Insua stayed back & merely defended, then it would be a job well-done.  A centre-mid is, by definition, more involved in the game, and has to contribute heavily in both attack and defence, regardless of where the ball is on the pitch.  Therefore I'd be happier if we had to play Insua rather than Spearing (i.e. if we were short of a LB rather than a CM).
- I appreciate what you say about Spearing.  I would have a lot of confidence in him too, I think he would more likely be solid than stellar - he probably would not be easily intimidated or shoved off the ball.  He's also got a bit of character about him too.

In terms of readiness:
- This really depends what you consider ready.  Is Babel ready?  Lucas?  I think we probably agree that Mascherano is ready - he consistently performs at a high level for 90 mins in games, concentrating, tracking back, covering, making tackles etc - but that's a part of his position, just like it is for Reina, Carra etc....   Babel does not fit any of these definitions, yet he offers flashes of brilliance;  Lucas can't do all that grunt work you get out of Carra or Masch, but he offers some great movement, runs, and passing in the offence.  I like to see Carra, Masch, Babel, & Lucas all on the teamsheet.
- So, in this sense, for me, I consider Pacheco ready somewhat earlier than you might, because my definition of ready would mean unleashing him for sub-appearances here or there.
- Nemeth is a bit different, because of his style of play, I"m not sure he'd be as troublesome as Pacheco (with his close control, pace, and vision) but he would be very useful if Crouch or Kuyt was just having an off-day, if the team was playing well and we needed a finisher.  But equally Pacheco could probably do that too, so I think he may be quite useful on the bench relatively soon, wheras Nemeth may be only of particular use when he can play 90 mins.
- Spearing on the other hand, has a much higher bar to jump for two reasons - CM requires concentration, consistency over 90 mins, and the players ahead of him are both younger & better than the forwards ahead of him are.

Question for you to consider Spearing's readiness:  If we had to play, say, Milan, and Mascherano & Alonso were both unavailable, what would your strategy be for dealing with Kaka?

My thinking would be:
- Gerrard can't shackle him - and even if he could you would lose his attacking contribution.
- Lucas is quick, but is a poor tackler & concedes a huge number of fouls.
- You could play Carra or Agger as DM to stop him (with the other plus Hyppia/Skrtel at CB).  Carra wouldn't have the pace, and has atrocious passing - Agger is better.  You also risk disrupting the CB pairing doing this.
- Finnan at DM?  No pace.  Same with Riise.
- Aurelio at DM?  Not strong enough for Kaka

So for me, the options are pairing Agger, Arbeloa, or Spearing in the centre with either Lucas or Gerrard (who have attacking responsibility).

Do you agree?  And if so, who would you choose:
- Agger?
- Spearing?
- Arbeloa?

I would choose Arbeloa.

Offline Sarge

• Legacy Fan
  • Boom!
« Reply #311 on: February 8, 2008, 11:11:09 am »
Who is in the regular starting XI for the Youth & Reserve teams?
Y.N.W.A.

Offline Crazyhorse7778

• Legacy Fan
  • VICTORY!!!
« Reply #312 on: February 8, 2008, 11:25:54 am »
Youth Team: Bouzanis(GK), Mackay-Steven(LB), Kennedy(CB), Ayala(CB), Irwin(RB), Highdale(CM), Adjarevic(CM), Amoo(RW), Ecclestone(CF), Pourie(CF) and Kacaniklic(LW)

Reserve Team:                         Martin
                        Derby------Huth-----San Jose-----Insua
               El Zhar/Flynn-----Plessis-----Spearing-----Leto/Putterill
                     then 2 of(Brouwer/Nemeth/Pacheco)
anyone know what actually happened to ribery's face?
Just a routine tackle by Skrtel

Offline Sarge

• Legacy Fan
  • Boom!
« Reply #313 on: February 8, 2008, 11:58:35 am »
Youth Team: Bouzanis(GK), Mackay-Steven(LB), Kennedy(CB), Ayala(CB), Irwin(RB), Highdale(CM), Adjarevic(CM), Amoo(RW), Ecclestone(CF), Pourie(CF) and Kacaniklic(LW)

Bruna?
Y.N.W.A.

Offline labyrinth

• Legacy Fan
  • "What does not kill us, makes us stronger."
« Reply #314 on: February 8, 2008, 12:01:58 pm »

Is Leto sold or loaned?
"Mind you, I've been here during the bad times too - one year we came second." Bob Paisley

Offline ouestlereferee

• Legacy Fan
  • Joga Benitez
« Reply #315 on: February 8, 2008, 12:04:04 pm »
Bruna?

only started for the first time yesterday....  has been on the bench hitherto

Offline ouestlereferee

• Legacy Fan
  • Joga Benitez
« Reply #316 on: February 8, 2008, 12:04:34 pm »

Offline Sarge

• Legacy Fan
  • Boom!
« Reply #317 on: February 8, 2008, 12:10:44 pm »
only started for the first time yesterday....  has been on the bench hitherto

Good to hear, how is he coming on?
Y.N.W.A.

Offline ouestlereferee

• Legacy Fan
  • Joga Benitez
« Reply #318 on: February 8, 2008, 12:14:28 pm »
Good to hear, how is he coming on?

scored his first goal - knocked everton out.

Offline Sarge

• Legacy Fan
  • Boom!
« Reply #319 on: February 8, 2008, 12:15:44 pm »
scored his first goal - knocked everton out.

Nice start.
Y.N.W.A.