Author Topic: Premier League Fixtures 3rd - 6th May  (Read 16732 times)

Offline Tonyh8su

• Tonyign0r35u
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
Re: Premier League Fixtures 3rd - 6th May
« Reply #160 on: May 4, 2024, 02:12:43 pm »
Because it’s meaningless if City win.

It’s not. It actually puts more pressure on the idiots in the PL to do something. If this Arsenal team pushes them as close as we did Multiple times and don’t win it adds more pressure and more voices. Same if they keep erasing man United records.

If arsenal win (beyond hating them and wanting them to win absolutely nothing) it becomes “the league is competitive city didn’t win the league”

Offline JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • President of the Harry Wilson fanclub
« Reply #161 on: May 4, 2024, 02:12:53 pm »
City apologists? Fuckinghell you are a whopper.

I deleted that choice of words
Understanding our fans wanting city to win the title is beyond me though
« Last Edit: May 4, 2024, 02:14:37 pm by JackWard33 »

Offline QC

• rawks Lionel Hutz, ambulance chaser.Sucks up to the wrong type of Mod.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #162 on: May 4, 2024, 02:13:04 pm »
City titles are largely meaningless. They feel vapid and their fan base is so insignificant that many simply don’t care. Conversely, Arsenal fans are ever present and largely insufferable

Plus there is the uncomfortable feeling that Arsenal will have done it in a similar way to us, without the sportswashing. Whereas anything City achieve can be simply dismissed as plastic.

Arsenal's pervasive 'clever'/'dark arts' antics on the pitch are some distance from the way we challenged City.

Offline bornandbRED

• ... an ESL super fan. aka physioSTALKER
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #163 on: May 4, 2024, 02:14:42 pm »
Arsenal's pervasive 'clever'/'dark arts' antics on the pitch are some distance from the way we challenged City.

Yes - but I meant from a resource perspective. They haven’t been funded by a whole nation.

Online rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #164 on: May 4, 2024, 02:14:46 pm »
It’s not. It actually puts more pressure on the idiots in the PL to do something. If this Arsenal team pushes them as close as we did Multiple times and don’t win it adds more pressure and more voices. Same if they keep erasing man United records.

If arsenal win (beyond hating them and wanting them to win absolutely nothing) it becomes “the league is competitive city didn’t win the league”

Exactly my stance, its 4 on the bounce, 7 if we don't win it in 19/20 and that run is entirely down to cheating.

I deleted that choice of words
Understanding our fans wanting city to win the title is beyond me though

If City weren't built on cheating i'd rather they won it than this shower of diving head injury faking cheats. Right now I'd prefer neither team to win it
« Last Edit: May 4, 2024, 02:16:53 pm by rob1966 »
Jurgen YNWA

Offline BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #165 on: May 4, 2024, 02:16:03 pm »
City titles are largely meaningless.

They're engraved on a trophy and recorded in the history books.

With your argument you could have wished we didn't win it in 19/20 as it would have been OK for Man City to win another meaningless title.
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Offline Tonyh8su

• Tonyign0r35u
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #166 on: May 4, 2024, 02:16:24 pm »
Yes - but I meant from a resource perspective. They haven’t been funded by a whole nation.

What’s the name of Arsenal’s stadium sponsor?

It’s not the same as ownership obviously but, still. Nice little bit of sports washing there.
« Last Edit: May 4, 2024, 02:18:15 pm by Tonyh8su »

Online rushyman

• Not A Badgeman. Fuck him. Please. Someone. Anyone! But not Jonathan Pearce.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • On Halloween, parents send kids out lookin like me
« Reply #167 on: May 4, 2024, 02:16:44 pm »
Haha brilliant

Fuck off Gabrielle you shithouse
If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly

Jurgen Klopp

Offline Tonyh8su

• Tonyign0r35u
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #168 on: May 4, 2024, 02:17:56 pm »

With your argument you could have wished we didn't win it in 19/20 as it would have been OK for Man City to win another meaningless title.

Jesus man, we fuckin hate Arsenal and don’t want them to win the league. Nobody cares about City nobody knows any city fans and we all hope they’ll have their victories erased. This is a mental fucking statement.

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #169 on: May 4, 2024, 02:18:05 pm »
Because it’s meaningless if City win.
I don't why people keep saying this, where does this notion come from?
If they win this league it's gonna be written in history that they won four on the trot - who the fuck wants that stat?

« Last Edit: May 4, 2024, 02:19:43 pm by John C »

Offline JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #170 on: May 4, 2024, 02:18:43 pm »
Exactly my stance, its 4 on the bounce, 7 if we don't win it in 19/20 and that run is entirely down to cheating.

But they’ll have won the league… again ..
more glory .. more young fans buying their shirts and becoming fans etc etc
How can the same Liverpool fans believe the system is totally corrupt im favor of city but also believe anything will be done just because they’ve won 5 not 4 titles or whatever

Arsenal have spent a  decent amount but they’ve done it within the rules, actually have a big fan base and aren’t backed by a brutal autocratic state …. I’m missing something clearly

Online rushyman

• Not A Badgeman. Fuck him. Please. Someone. Anyone! But not Jonathan Pearce.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #171 on: May 4, 2024, 02:20:14 pm »

Arsenal would be winning the league

City buying another

It's up to the personal viewpoint what you'd rather us better

Let's say you're in a boxing match. You lose to an opponent who's the same as you or you lose to one on steroids. Which one is preferable

Jurgen Klopp

Online rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #172 on: May 4, 2024, 02:20:16 pm »
How can the same Liverpool fans believe the system is totally corrupt im favor of city but also believe anything will be done just because they’ve won 5 not 4 titles or whatever

Arsenal have spent a  decent amount but they’ve done it within the rules, actually have a big fan base and aren’t backed by a brutal autocratic state …. I’m missing something clearly

If they keep dominating people might wake up, otherwise they will just continue to cheat and cheat and cheat and no-one will care.

I want these gone from the league, I want every title stripped from them, I hate them.
Jurgen YNWA

Offline QC

• rawks Lionel Hutz, ambulance chaser.Sucks up to the wrong type of Mod.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #173 on: May 4, 2024, 02:20:45 pm »

Some people just find Arsenal winning the league less palatable than City winning it. There's no right answer, it's a personal choice.

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #174 on: May 4, 2024, 02:22:21 pm »
If they keep dominating people might wake up, otherwise they will just continue to cheat and cheat and cheat and no-one will care.

I want these gone from the league, I want every title stripped from them, I hate them.

If they continue to dominate like this, it becomes ever more difficult for any other club to break the chain. Ourselves including. That is not going to do anything other than kill off the league altogether and it will end up with Abu Dhabi winning more influence in the game, becoming more accepted and eventually we will have games being played there.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline Egyptian36

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #175 on: May 4, 2024, 02:22:52 pm »

When we were the only team challenging City Arsenal and others were cheering for City so how can someone be that weak to want Arsenal to win. City winning it again expose their cheating more. Arsenal winning is another argument for the media to use.

Online MonsLibpool

• Glass always half empty.......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #176 on: May 4, 2024, 02:22:58 pm »
Everybody is entitled to his opinion but that apologist line made me chuckle because I knew someone would take it out of context.

Anyway, it's still not in Arsenal's hands and what we want doesn't really matter because we're just spectators.

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #177 on: May 4, 2024, 02:23:04 pm »
Some people just find Arsenal winning the league less palatable than City winning it. There's no right answer, it's a personal choice.

Wow, just wow.

Offline bornandbRED

• ... an ESL super fan. aka physioSTALKER
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #178 on: May 4, 2024, 02:23:28 pm »

That makes 0 sense. I want us to win the league every season.

If it’s a choice between Arsenal/City, I would choose City all week. It doesn’t make a difference to them relatively, whereas it would be massively significant for Arsenal fans.

Whilst I appreciate the unfortunate political, economical and societal backdrop to City’s success - football at its core (and the reason we all watch it) is about bragging rights, tribalism and getting one over on your rivals. From that perspective, Arsenal winning a title would be quite sickening to watch. City’s would be forgotten in two days.

Offline BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #179 on: May 4, 2024, 02:24:19 pm »
Jesus man, we fuckin hate Arsenal and don’t want them to win the league. Nobody cares about City nobody knows any city fans and we all hope they’ll have their victories erased. This is a mental fucking statement.

You don't care.

But their sponsors, their growing fan base, the players they're yet to recruit, all care about signing in increased kit/sponsorship deal, buying their kit, wanting to play for teams that win stuff.

It's not meaningless if they keep benefiting from their illegalities.

PS - None of their victories will be erased.
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Online rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #180 on: May 4, 2024, 02:25:13 pm »
If they continue to dominate like this, it becomes ever more difficult for any other club to break the chain. Ourselves including. That is not going to do anything other than kill off the league altogether and it will end up with Abu Dhabi winning more influence in the game, becoming more accepted and eventually we will have games being played there.

They're killing off the game anyway. Infantino will make sure league games are playing abroad, he's getting paid to do so, that was Klopps little dig yesterday that most seem to have missed/ignored. A one team league is bad for Sky and TNT, as people will switch off, people will stop going to games. A team challenging the cheats suits the broadcasters and the PL as they can sit back and do nothing
« Last Edit: May 4, 2024, 02:26:51 pm by rob1966 »
Jurgen YNWA

Offline Pistolero

• BELIEVE. My bad. This. Lol. Bless. Meh. Wow just wow. Hate on. The Ev. Phil.
  • Legacy Fan
  • A serpent's tooth...
« Reply #181 on: May 4, 2024, 02:26:11 pm »

Yep....for that reason and also for the legacy of our outgoing genius manager....records will show that only Klopp's Liverpool were able to properly go toe to toe with City at their peak....fuck Arteta,...fuck Arsenal
They have life in them, they have humour, they're arrogant, they're cocky and they're proud. And that's what I want my team to be.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #182 on: May 4, 2024, 02:26:12 pm »
Even if City dont win it this season, they will win it next. But if they win it this season, they will also win it next.

Offline JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #183 on: May 4, 2024, 02:26:36 pm »

Same - but it’s not happening and there’s no world in which they get stripped of titles .. sadly

The problem is the more they win the more ingrained they become… the more normalized it is .. .. and the bigger their fan base grows (people are in denial about the last one but it’s happening)

Online rushyman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #184 on: May 4, 2024, 02:26:43 pm »
When I see Arsenal players constantly, and I mean constantly, diving, rolling, play acting, shithousing and Arteta s full persona I just want another soul free city title that means nothing to anyone apart from city fans

Jurgen Klopp

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Edgelord. Fabrizio Romanovic, Tancredi Palmerovic, Christian Falkovic, Duncan Castlovic, Jan Aage Fjortovic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #185 on: May 4, 2024, 02:26:52 pm »

I don't think that anyone is bothered much anymore. I am watching the game at home, because all the sports bars in the neighbourhood are no longer showing Premier League games ...

Offline disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
« Reply #186 on: May 4, 2024, 02:28:13 pm »
I don't why people keep saying this, where does this notion come from?
If they win this league it's gonna be written in history that they won four on the trot - who the fuck wants that stat?

Crazy init. I can understand the logic some people have in wanting City to win it, but I'm not sure if people seem to realise that once they've won it, they've actually won it. They aren't being taken away you know, fellas.
Proud follower of the city's junior, and far more successful footballing side

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

19 League Titles, 6 European Cups, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 10 League Cups, 4 European Super Cups, World Champions 2019. We live the dream.

Online rushyman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #187 on: May 4, 2024, 02:28:27 pm »
And especially with them winning like this all the time and it eventually mean fuck all

Laughed at us for it. They can see how it feels now

Jurgen Klopp

Online jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #188 on: May 4, 2024, 02:29:45 pm »

Yep....for that reason and also for the legacy of our outgoing genius manager....records will show that only Klopp's Liverpool were able to properly go toe to toe with City at their peak....fuck Arteta,...fuck Arsenal

How does it wipe out Klopp's legacy considering what he's left us? That just isn't true.

Online rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #189 on: May 4, 2024, 02:30:02 pm »
Same - but it’s not happening and there’s no world in which they get stripped of titles .. sadly

The problem is the more they win the more ingrained they become… the more normalized it is .. .. and the bigger their fan base grows (people are in denial about the last one but it’s happening)

The only supporters they will attract are those that will walk away if the shit hits the fan. Until the fans in this country wake up, they will keep on cheating and plucky Arsenal winning the league allows them to cheat - they'll pump more money into the club if they lose this season and will just get stronger and stronger. They need removing from the game.
Jurgen YNWA

Online UntouchableLuis

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #190 on: May 4, 2024, 02:30:04 pm »
And especially with them winning like this all the time and it eventually mean fuck all

It's mad they could win each game 20-0 and it won't matter.

City winning all of their games comfortably.
"IT'S ENDED.....THE EUROPEAN CUP IS RETURNING TO ENGLAND AND TO ANFIELD."

Online rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #191 on: May 4, 2024, 02:30:48 pm »
How does it wipe out Klopp's legacy considering what he's left us? That just isn't true.

Arteta won as many titles as Klopp, Klopp cannot be that special, you know the drill
Jurgen YNWA

Online jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #192 on: May 4, 2024, 02:31:02 pm »

We may as well close the league down then, as that could be us next season.

Online MonsLibpool

• Glass always half empty.......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #193 on: May 4, 2024, 02:31:56 pm »

That's the situation until City slip up.

Like I've said, the prospect of a team this good going trophyless two season in a row must really sting. At least,  we've never gone trophyless in the seasons that we challenged them.

That's not how things should be but they were part of the "City should save football" crowd.

Online jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #194 on: May 4, 2024, 02:32:13 pm »
Arteta won as many titles as Klopp, Klopp cannot be that special, you know the drill

Who cares what others think? That's the problem here, far too many people get annoyed about what others think. We know it's not true and that's the only thing which matters.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #195 on: May 4, 2024, 02:33:06 pm »
We may as well close the league down then, as that could be us next season.

City will win the league next season as well. Its basically theirs as long as Guardiola stays.

Online Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #196 on: May 4, 2024, 02:33:39 pm »
Would have made no difference had we beat Everton and West Ham.  No way United or Everton would do us a favour in their last 2.

Injuries have made a big difference but Arsenal have been better than us most of the season..
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline Egyptian36

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #197 on: May 4, 2024, 02:33:49 pm »
You don't care.

But their sponsors, their growing fan base, the players they're yet to recruit, all care about signing in increased kit/sponsorship deal, buying their kit, wanting to play for teams that win stuff.

It's not meaningless if they keep benefiting from their illegalities.

PS - None of their victories will be erased.

Are you for real ?
Their sponsors are owned by them, it doesn't matter if they win or not. They also have tiny global fan base compared to the big clubs. They are a small club even the media will foucs on a Utd or LFC news instead of City winning the title.

Online JRed

• After a 2L bottle of strongbow I’d do anything!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #198 on: May 4, 2024, 02:33:52 pm »
To be honest. I’m fucking the game off after this season so maybe that’s why I don’t want Arsenal to win it too, another Abu Dhabi win means nothing to me, I just don’t want to see the likes of Arteta, Saka, Havertz , Odourgard lifting the title.

Offline Redbonnie

• Kopite
« Reply #199 on: May 4, 2024, 02:34:57 pm »

Got to agree with you…it was funny when it was us. Hope Everton laugh and gloat at them on the last day like wolves did to us.  I like Declan Rice but that’s it.