Author Topic: The RAWK Film Thread  (Read 3474756 times)

Offline DadsRedArmy

• from Thetford
  • Anny Roader
  • Top 2 this season
Re: The RAWK Film Thread
« Reply #49920 on: June 26, 2019, 02:14:43 pm »
Brightburn - fantastic ‘what if’ movie with more gore than anticipated and a few little jump scares.
Only downside to it was it was strangely edited and some of the scenes made it feel like a ‘made for TV’ movie. On the while though, i’d give it a solid 7-8/10

Totally agree with the above, thought it was a great little film, and full of surprises

Offline Trada

• Fully paid up member of the JC cult. Ex-Tory boy. Corbyn's Chief Hagiographer. Sometimes hasn't got a kloop.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #49921 on: June 27, 2019, 12:24:42 am »
Mouse Guard was cancelled by Disney after the merger with fox but the makers of the film have released  demo of what the film would have been like I guess hoping someone else will pick it up I think it looks like it would have been good.

Wes Ball
Published on Jun 26, 2019

The following is a collection of tests that explore the visual potential of a Mouse Guard movie. Everything you see here is rendered in realtime using Epic's UNREAL ENGINE.

Basically what you're watching is very good looking previz, with environments capable of streaming live to stage during motion capture with our actors.

While the visual quality is impressive, it's important to note this is only meant to illustrate how the movie will 'feel' not how it will 'look'. Everything will ultimately be sent to WETA Digital to be recreated with cutting-age photorealistic CG.

This was made from scratch in about 12 weeks with a relatively small team. Credit goes to our team at Halon (led by Casey Pyke) and Fox VFX labs (led by Glenn Derry)

Thanks for watching y'all!
~wes

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/XWHPhc2xNNU" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/XWHPhc2xNNU</a>

Don't blame me I voted for Jeremy Corbyn!!

Miss you Tracy more and more every day xxx

“I carry them with me: what they would have thought and said and done. Make them a part of who I am. So even though they’re gone from the world they’re never gone from me.

Offline Skidder.

• Minster. Aka The Censored Baron XII. I remember watching that as a skid!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #49922 on: June 27, 2019, 01:12:04 pm »
Watched Interstellar again last night, seriously, what a film!
Continually on 11,420.

Offline AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #49923 on: June 27, 2019, 02:22:54 pm »
Watched Interstellar again last night, seriously, what a film!

One of my favourites ever that! Love it.

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #49924 on: June 27, 2019, 03:19:31 pm »
One of my favourites ever that! Love it.

Wow, really?

The outer space shots in it are incredible to be fair.

Offline Agent99

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #49925 on: June 27, 2019, 03:51:13 pm »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/RSUq4VfWfjE" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/RSUq4VfWfjE</a>

Offline Something Worse

• Master of prehistoric and fantasy creature-based onomatopoeia
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #49926 on: June 27, 2019, 03:56:26 pm »
Looks shit but Jonathan Tucker is in it so I have to watch it.
Maybe the group, led by your leadership, will see these drafts as PR functions and brilliant use of humor

Hey Claus, fuck off.

Offline Skidder.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #49927 on: June 27, 2019, 04:14:42 pm »
Wow, really?

It's not just that though, the dialogue is very good for a hard sci-fi film - I was critical over the dialogue as a younger man... but after seeing some of the torrid dialogue in some concurrent sci-fi, the mechanisms they put in place to underscore the dialogue is pretty good.

For example, simplest scene ever (and stolen from Event Horizon)... The scene were Bromley explains the concept of wormholes/folding space with a piece of paper and a pen. We all know this concept because it has been brought up in films before.

However, rather than try to explain the concept in an entirely different (and convoluted) way, Nolan simply lifts the paper analogy and adapts it for his film. The dialogue around it is so simple, you could almost get frustrated as a sci-fi fan.

A very simple concept boiled down to a scene. The film is full of them...

Matt Damon's monologue as he and Cooper go to find 'the sites'... It's terribly guffaw at first, and you can't help but feel that if a person was driven to that length, the last thing he would want to do is rationalise it, like out loud... regardless of mission status or the line of command. The bloke is supposed to have been alone for what? 10 Years?

It's pappy, pithy and pretentious all at the same time, but what the dialogue does do, is humanise a very inhuman action (the 'lie') and produces a centrepoint for you as an audience member to choose one moral or another - ask yourself what you'd do. And that scene is possibly one of the most human scenes in the whole film.

People will point to Coop and Murph's communications and goodbye... but no-one here would understand the feeling of leaving a child (potentially) forever. However, we've all experienced that feeling of just wanting to go home regardless of the knock-on effects.

So to summarise - I always thought it was a great, great film. But the dialogue was always a problem for me (it was the same with TDKR, but different)... Time has passed and I can totally enjoy this film, which could be said, to now be in fact, soft sci-fi. Which for me is one of the many successes of the film - it is a hard sci-fi film at its core, but after viewing and in time, it has become a kind of funnel.

Great film...
Continually on 11,420.

Offline Agent99

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #49928 on: June 27, 2019, 04:30:50 pm »
Interstellar is boss as fuck and I won't have a bad word said about it. The soundtrack is also amazing.

Offline thegoodfella

• makes reindeer pizza
  • Legacy Fan
  • ...siempre es posible
« Reply #49929 on: June 27, 2019, 04:49:59 pm »
Seen Interstellar more than 10 times, and it is easily one of the most watchable film in recent memory. The soundtrack elevates it immensely, I sway with the emotional intensity every time!

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #49930 on: June 27, 2019, 05:01:31 pm »
It's not just that though, the dialogue is very good for a hard sci-fi film - I was critical over the dialogue as a younger man... but after seeing some of the torrid dialogue in some concurrent sci-fi, the mechanisms they put in place to underscore the dialogue is pretty good.

For example, simplest scene ever (and stolen from Event Horizon)... The scene were Bromley explains the concept of wormholes/folding space with a piece of paper and a pen. We all know this concept because it has been brought up in films before.

However, rather than try to explain the concept in an entirely different (and convoluted) way, Nolan simply lifts the paper analogy and adapts it for his film. The dialogue around it is so simple, you could almost get frustrated as a sci-fi fan.

A very simple concept boiled down to a scene. The film is full of them...

Matt Damon's monologue as he and Cooper go to find 'the sites'... It's terribly guffaw at first, and you can't help but feel that if a person was driven to that length, the last thing he would want to do is rationalise it, like out loud... regardless of mission status or the line of command. The bloke is supposed to have been alone for what? 10 Years?

It's pappy, pithy and pretentious all at the same time, but what the dialogue does do, is humanise a very inhuman action (the 'lie') and produces a centrepoint for you as an audience member to choose one moral or another - ask yourself what you'd do. And that scene is possibly one of the most human scenes in the whole film.

People will point to Coop and Murph's communications and goodbye... but no-one here would understand the feeling of leaving a child (potentially) forever. However, we've all experienced that feeling of just wanting to go home regardless of the knock-on effects.

So to summarise - I always thought it was a great, great film. But the dialogue was always a problem for me (it was the same with TDKR, but different)... Time has passed and I can totally enjoy this film, which could be said, to now be in fact, soft sci-fi. Which for me is one of the many successes of the film - it is a hard sci-fi film at its core, but after viewing and in time, it has become a kind of funnel.

Great film...

I remember enjoying quite a lot of parts of it, and that most of the emotional elements resonated with me (McConnaghey video messages and the scenes on the planet with Damon - which I agree, do exactly that)

I just found a lot of the Earth stuff with Casey Affleck et al a waste of time and too hammy.

Still, thoroughly beter than TDKR which despite its great production values was mostly rubbish (dialogue and story) aside from some of the grand concepts

Offline AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #49931 on: June 27, 2019, 05:15:10 pm »
Wow, really?

I loved it mate. As others have said the soundtrack is incredible too.

Offline Something Worse

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #49932 on: June 27, 2019, 05:25:37 pm »
I couldn't stand Interstellar, mostly because of the cosmic bookcase and the ridiculous ending, but I've been meaning to try it again and it might hold up better with lower expectations.

Inception is the worst one for me.
Maybe the group, led by your leadership, will see these drafts as PR functions and brilliant use of humor

Hey Claus, fuck off.

Offline Spongebob Redpants

• Is a spingly spangly
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #49933 on: June 27, 2019, 06:38:42 pm »

I couldn't stand Interstellar, mostly because of the cosmic bookcase and the ridiculous ending, but I've been meaning to try it again and it might hold up better with lower expectations.

I felt pretty much the same , but thought some of the scenes on Millers  planet were spectacular .

Not sure if I judged it too harshly , but will give it another watch and find out .
Before you criticise a man, walk a mile in his shoes. Then, when you do criticise him, you're a mile away and you have his shoes.

Offline Skidder.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #49934 on: June 28, 2019, 03:49:13 pm »
If you watch Interstellar again, in true sci-fi fashion.

Whilst it may not make sense.

Spoiler
Imagine and think, believe that Coop actually dies in the crash and everything from then on in, is him living in 'his' fifth-dimension. He's the past, future and present and the creator of the world he experiences from waking up - he even has a 'ghost' of himself.

He dies again when he enters the Black Hole (in a Dream within a dream-like scenario), and resets his '5-D'.

He can't inherently change time in his 5-D (dead) world, but he can literally live out timelines within the bounds of relativity (but not time travel), whilst his 'real' family (and everyone else), lives in another 4-D multiverse like Back to the Future 2.

Coop is now living in a fantasy land of endless existence - he can return to a Black Hole and become a ghost (and kind of reset), or he can live out his days in a fantasy world.

Does it stack up to criticism? Does it fuck, but its a different way of watching it.

[close]
Continually on 11,420.

Offline BER

• Goat fondler.
  • Legacy Fan
  • FLOSS IS BOSS!!
« Reply #49935 on: June 28, 2019, 08:42:04 pm »
The problems with Interstellar are partly Spielberg's fault, he advised Nolan to make it about the father daughter relationship.
I love the film but have to skip all the bits back on earth once they leave, they ruin the pacing for me.
That and Anne Hathaway, just one of those actors I can't stand and see straight through.

Offline Titi Camara

• Hey, wanna hear the new dubstep song I wrote? Wub, Wub, Wub! Wubba Lubba Dub Dub! I'm Pickle Rick with hirsute areolae!
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Number 21 of the Crazy 88
« Reply #49936 on: June 28, 2019, 10:43:25 pm »
Alita is fucking clown shoes! Like a Smash Hits! of 80's films!

Offline soxfan

• inebriated gonad donor (rejected) and Sperm Whale Milker (also rejected). Left-handed, shit-headed, non-fascist recidivist disappointer of women everywhere - on both drier and ranier days......rejects own eyebrows, the vain banana-hammock-wearin' get
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #49937 on: June 28, 2019, 11:32:59 pm »
I was one of the few humans under the age of 60 who hadn't seen either the first Toy Story or Avatar. :D Saw them on a long flight this week. Really liked both.

Next up on the bucket list: The Godfather, Star Wars and the Wizard of Oz.  ;)
“Do not intermingle with people who act like 'they know it all'. If you do, you will wind up as lost and lonely as they are.”
― Christine Szymanski

Offline Skidder.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #49938 on: June 29, 2019, 12:59:39 am »
Nephews played a bit of a 'jape' on me tonight by putting on Beach Bum.

They kind of found it funny and had a little in-joke between them about my likeness to MM in this film. Even the fact that I have the same shades, a similar shirt and well, I have hair like Charles Manson.

Anyroad, what a fucking piece of moon dogshit. I know I read somewhere in here it was just good clean stoner fun... but that is a god awful attempt to play The Dude lite.

It's worthy of the similarities, but in good god... Everyone from the tea lady to the editors... must have all been high when creating, because it is a piece of shit film. Cliche after cliche and MM with another stinker after his Oscar. It is a shit attempt to hook in on the stoner culture, and while most may watch it, what a waste of a good opportunity to do something of tangible worth. Make a serious fucking film about the highs and lows, the crimes and passions... Waste of good talent on a no brainer story with little or no payoff.

I think it quite frankly is a film that all these actors clubbed in on as a tax haven or scam of some sort - it had some production in Switzerland after all.

Budget of $5 Million? Seriously?

I mean, I can't think of a half-decent stoner film that is as subtle as The Big Lebowski. It's half-cocked, half-baked and just the right side of wasted. Matthew Mahogany has gone full dude - you never go full dude, dude.

« Last Edit: June 29, 2019, 01:06:45 am by Skidder. »
Continually on 11,420.

Online moondog

• dot com! Wake him up before he go-gos.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bring the noise
« Reply #49939 on: June 29, 2019, 08:08:53 am »
Yesterday , Danny Boyle makes a feel good Rom com for all of the family. Manages to call Liverpool a shit hole and get away with it and has some great footage around the city. Was really enjoyable but lighter than I would have expected from him. Must be the Richard Curtis input. Robert Carlyle makes a nice cameo and ed Sheeran is in it.

Offline Skidder.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #49940 on: June 29, 2019, 12:44:03 pm »
Perfect timing Moondog, I was just talking about you, you waif!
Continually on 11,420.

Offline soxfan

• inebriated gonad donor (rejected) and Sperm Whale Milker (also rejected). Left-handed, shit-headed, non-fascist recidivist disappointer of women everywhere - on both drier and ranier days......rejects own eyebrows, the vain banana-hammock-wearin' get
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #49941 on: June 29, 2019, 04:36:21 pm »
Watched "City of God" last night. Very good. Made me appreciate my lucky life in the States (that I still sometimes complain about!). So many people in the world are born into difficult circumstances, in this case the poverty of a crime-ridden Brazilian slum.
“Do not intermingle with people who act like 'they know it all'. If you do, you will wind up as lost and lonely as they are.”
― Christine Szymanski

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #49942 on: June 29, 2019, 05:40:37 pm »
Toy Story 4

Excellent story. A few tearful moments for not just the kids in the audience. Great, amazing, incredible just WOW!!! Graphics and effects.

Lots of funny bits, slapstick comedy, serious moments, a look into life and what happens when things move on and some really endearing characters

LOL @ Forky (Who I thought was Sporky the way the girl say it, but hey ho!)

Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #49943 on: June 30, 2019, 12:32:17 am »
Watched "City of God" last night. Very good. Made me appreciate my lucky life in the States (that I still sometimes complain about!). So many people in the world are born into difficult circumstances, in this case the poverty of a crime-ridden Brazilian slum.

I remember coming across that years ago on Film 4 and leaving it on as there was fuck all else to watch. Delighted I made that decision. Been a while since I last watched it, must do again soon. Great film.
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline Cracking Left Foot

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #49944 on: June 30, 2019, 12:21:30 pm »
Yesterday , Danny Boyle makes a feel good Rom com for all of the family. Manages to call Liverpool a shit hole and get away with it and has some great footage around the city. Was really enjoyable but lighter than I would have expected from him. Must be the Richard Curtis input. Robert Carlyle makes a nice cameo and ed Sheeran is in it.

Enjoyed this a lot more than I thought I would. Massively cheesy and plot holes the size of the moon but still enjoyed it.
Spoiler
One of the early gags is that, if the Beatles had never existed, then Oasis wouldn't either. But, as we say, Jack's love of singing and performing stems from a school talent show where he sings Wonderwall. So, as soon as he wakes in the alternate Beatles-less timeline, then the talent show performance wouldn't have happened, as Wonderwall wouldn't have been written. Yes, I have over-thinked this.
[close]

Not an Ed Sheeran fan, but he was bearable enough, and the scenes in Liverpool were great. Weird seeing Lime Street Station on screen, especially when I've passed through there literally hundreds of times!

Offline [new username under construction]

• Poster formerly know as shadowbane. Never lost his head whilst others panicked. Fucking kopite!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Insert something awesome here!
« Reply #49945 on: June 30, 2019, 12:32:23 pm »
How's the lead in Yesterday? He comes across as zero charisma in all interviews i've seen

Offline J-Mc-

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #49946 on: June 30, 2019, 12:53:09 pm »

Had to do my A-level in Film on that. Fantastic film.

Another film in a similar vain is Tsotsi if you're looking for decent foreign films.

Also, the Diving Bell and the Butterfly.

Offline Cracking Left Foot

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #49947 on: June 30, 2019, 03:01:47 pm »
How's the lead in Yesterday? He comes across as zero charisma in all interviews i've seen
Yeah, he's...ok I guess. He handles the songs well, and he's pretty good at looking bewildered and deadpan, which is what's called for I guess. There's not much chemistry with Lily James though. I think, ultimately, he's meant to be this 'everyman' in a ridiculous high concept scenario, and so it works that way. I wouldn't be surprised if he was back in Eastenders in the next couple of years though, put it that way...

Offline Peabee

• SKPB! Is goin' down der Asd.....der Waitrose.....anyone wannany hummus?
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #49948 on: June 30, 2019, 03:37:10 pm »
Yeah, he's...ok I guess. He handles the songs well, and he's pretty good at looking bewildered and deadpan, which is what's called for I guess. There's not much chemistry with Lily James though. I think, ultimately, he's meant to be this 'everyman' in a ridiculous high concept scenario, and so it works that way. I wouldn't be surprised if he was back in Eastenders in the next couple of years though, put it that way...

He returns after Phil dies as the only character who can remember The Mitchell Brothers.
We aren't walking through the storm now - we are the storm.

Online moondog

• dot com! Wake him up before he go-gos.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bring the noise
« Reply #49949 on: June 30, 2019, 08:18:30 pm »
He returns after Phil dies as the only character who can remember The Mitchell Brothers.

:wellin :wellin :wellin :wellin :wellin

Offline J-Mc-

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #49950 on: June 30, 2019, 09:38:42 pm »
Toy Story 4 - fucking brilliant.

Perfect way to end it all.

Offline oldfordie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #49951 on: June 30, 2019, 09:43:27 pm »
Enjoyed this a lot more than I thought I would. Massively cheesy and plot holes the size of the moon but still enjoyed it.
Spoiler
One of the early gags is that, if the Beatles had never existed, then Oasis wouldn't either. But, as we say, Jack's love of singing and performing stems from a school talent show where he sings Wonderwall. So, as soon as he wakes in the alternate Beatles-less timeline, then the talent show performance wouldn't have happened, as Wonderwall wouldn't have been written. Yes, I have over-thinked this.
[close]

Not an Ed Sheeran fan, but he was bearable enough, and the scenes in Liverpool were great. Weird seeing Lime Street Station on screen, especially when I've passed through there literally hundreds of times!
Same here,just back from watching it, we all enjoyed it.
 worth seeing.
Spoiler
Just 1 criticism, I wish they would have done more with the John Lennon scene. there were some obvious questions he would have asked him and would have loved to hear a twist to explain why no Beatles. 
[close]
« Last Edit: June 30, 2019, 11:32:38 pm by oldfordie »
It might take our producers five minutes to find 60 economists who feared Brexit and five hours to find a sole voice who espoused it.
“But by the time we went on air we simply had one of each; we presented this unequal effort to our audience as balance. It wasn’t.”
               Emily Maitlis

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #49952 on: June 30, 2019, 10:59:05 pm »

There’s people you can talk to....
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Henry Gale

• Margot Robbie Stalker
  • Legacy Fan
  • My name is Henry Gale. I'm from Minnesota.
« Reply #49953 on: July 2, 2019, 08:08:55 pm »
Anyone seen Midsommar yet? I noticed it’s from the same writer and director who made Hereditary which was my favourite horror for some time. Saying that I often get told my taste in horror movies is shite as I also loved Brightburn   ;D

Offline Something Worse

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #49954 on: July 2, 2019, 11:22:49 pm »
Brightburn was so disappointing I have since watched Superman Returns, Man of Steel, BVS and Justice League just for some proper Supermanning.

Deadwood was unreal although I doubt anyone who didn't watch the show would like it. Timothy Olyphant as a hat-wearing lawman is gold.

Harry Potter 10 was shit and I fell asleep for the ending.

Weck It Ralph 2 was mediocre

Godzilla 2 was fantastic

I think that's all I've seen recently? Oh no wait Casino is still incredible.

Hey Claus, fuck off.

Offline Peabee

• SKPB! Is goin' down der Asd.....der Waitrose.....anyone wannany hummus?
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #49955 on: July 3, 2019, 11:59:11 pm »
Anyone seen Midsommar yet? I noticed it’s from the same writer and director who made Hereditary which was my favourite horror for some time. Saying that I often get told my taste in horror movies is shite as I also loved Brightburn   ;D

I liked Brightburn too. The sadistic little twat > Clark Kent. 
We aren't walking through the storm now - we are the storm.

Offline LallanaInPyjamas

• Keita's shit, Bundesliga's shit, Bundesliga 2's shit
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2020 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #49956 on: July 4, 2019, 09:27:45 am »

Agree. Loved it. Proper lump in the throat:

Spoiler
when Woody was saying bye to Buzz. Could see it coming.
[close]

Offline AndyMuller

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #49957 on: July 4, 2019, 01:30:11 pm »
Brightburn was so disappointing I have since watched Superman Returns, Man of Steel, BVS and Justice League just for some proper Supermanning.

Sounds grim that mate hope your ok.

Offline Skidder.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #49958 on: July 4, 2019, 02:20:36 pm »

That's some self-flagellation right there... You should have thrown in Superman 3 the Quest for Peace to top it all off.
Continually on 11,420.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #49959 on: July 4, 2019, 02:21:36 pm »
Saw Brightburn

Spoiler

There were some interesting things about it, but I think a major reason why it wasn't that good was because of the 15 tag.

A few of the scenes weren't really explored and when you saw characters getting bumped off, for the most part you didn't really care.

Some pretty way-off ideals - "I'm your mother!!" Er. No. You weren't.

Obvious sequel is obvious. I think it could have been a lot more, but meh.

[close]
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.