Author Topic: Mohamed Salah - Best in the World *  (Read 2877745 times)

Offline rebel23

• Rebel without a cause
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Mohamed Salah - FWA and PFA Player of the Year Signs New 5 Yr Deal
« Reply #11560 on: March 31, 2020, 01:50:26 pm »
70/100 is indeed ridiculous

What a player..

Offline Coolie High

• bury Regular. My opinions are facts, FYI. (whisper it but doesn't understand midfielders)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11561 on: March 31, 2020, 06:20:46 pm »
That should be the end of it really

The way society seems to behave is that his first season doesn't count because he hasn't replicated it. He get more ratings if he had just been a 20-25 season from the start. It's weird

He’s underrated and a lot of it is down to the Liverpool fans on the internet (not the regular match goers) who play him down for some reason.

Offline CentenaryBoy

• Kopite
  • JFT97
« Reply #11562 on: March 31, 2020, 06:43:04 pm »
He’s underrated and a lot of it is down to the Liverpool fans on the internet (not the regular match goers) who play him down for some reason.

I don't understand it. He's my favourite player in the current squad by a country mile. Don't get me wrong, I love them all and they seem like an unusually good bunch of lads, but Mo has a special place in my heart (metaphorically speaking).

Online Peabee

• SKPB! Is goin' down der Asd.....der Waitrose.....anyone wannany hummus?
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11563 on: March 31, 2020, 07:19:42 pm »

I think it’s down to that prolific first season and internet fans then thinking he should continue scoring 40+ each season.
We aren't walking through the storm now - we are the storm.

Offline Benimar Col

• benimarisblonde.col.uk
  • Legacy Fan
  • Make us Dream
« Reply #11564 on: March 31, 2020, 10:16:30 pm »
his first season raised the bar far too high to maintain, he’s integril in our front three now ,  those last 7 words should be enough, we are only going to have that front three for 1 or 2 seasons more, it has to change soon

Offline Clayton Bigsby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11565 on: April 1, 2020, 05:28:53 pm »
I think it’s down to that prolific first season and internet fans then thinking he should continue scoring 40+ each season.

That's exactly what it is. But that season was cartoonish really.  44 goals, 1 hat trick, 1 penalty. 98% of goals from open play. Unheard of

Offline Mighty_Red

• Rojo Poderoso!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • All hail the King...
    • Join the fight - SOS
« Reply #11566 on: April 1, 2020, 06:11:19 pm »
If the money is good like how we did that to Coutinho. Player wants to leave at his peak then we will demand a fair price for it. It has been Dortmund’s successful model for some time now.

The things is that we are no longer forced to sell like we did in the past. Re Suarez. Seems like we now have the financial muscle as well as pull of the brand.
Massive difference between us and Dortmund. Like you say, we are not forced to sell players, so they are not leaving unless they force our hand. Coutinho did that but we still made him wait till we got the deal that suited us.

Dortmund will usually do a deal if the price is right whereas we will only do a deal if all else has failed.

One other thing we should take into account when talking about Salah (and Mane) is that their numbers would probably be even higher if we still attacked like we did in 17/18. Now we stroll through games a lot more so I reckon we are probably 10-15 goals short of what we are capable of but that's ok as the result is all important.
Some clubs were always destined for greatness...

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11567 on: April 1, 2020, 06:54:37 pm »
Massive difference between us and Dortmund. Like you say, we are not forced to sell players, so they are not leaving unless they force our hand. Coutinho did that but we still made him wait till we got the deal that suited us.

Dortmund will usually do a deal if the price is right whereas we will only do a deal if all else has failed.

One other thing we should take into account when talking about Salah (and Mane) is that their numbers would probably be even higher if we still attacked like we did in 17/18. Now we stroll through games a lot more so I reckon we are probably 10-15 goals short of what we are capable of but that's ok as the result is all important.

We dont attack like we did in 17/18 because sides aren't set up the same way they were back then and they don't open up. Go back to the season and we struggled to win any games where the opposition parked the bus. We didn't make adjustments since then just for the sake of it, we did it because that's what the opposition did to us in response to our style in 17/18

Offline Mighty_Red

• Rojo Poderoso!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • All hail the King...
    • Join the fight - SOS
« Reply #11568 on: April 2, 2020, 11:27:47 am »
We dont attack like we did in 17/18 because sides aren't set up the same way they were back then and they don't open up. Go back to the season and we struggled to win any games where the opposition parked the bus. We didn't make adjustments since then just for the sake of it, we did it because that's what the opposition did to us in response to our style in 17/18
Agreed, I was just stating the fact rather than the reasoning behind it. It's more a response to anyone who thinks that Salah (or the team) are not scoring enough goals. I'm more than happy with our tactics and approach to games.

There's always going to be the odd game where we don't quite agree with the approach or how an individual plays but that's just our own opinions at the end of the day which may or may not have merit.
Some clubs were always destined for greatness...

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11569 on: April 2, 2020, 01:28:38 pm »
Agreed, I was just stating the fact rather than the reasoning behind it. It's more a response to anyone who thinks that Salah (or the team) are not scoring enough goals. I'm more than happy with our tactics and approach to games.

There's always going to be the odd game where we don't quite agree with the approach or how an individual plays but that's just our own opinions at the end of the day which may or may not have merit.

Understood mate  :)

Offline RyanBabel19

• Embarrassing.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11570 on: April 3, 2020, 12:03:27 pm »
Salah is world class, an elite talent. We would be insane to sell him or in fact any of the front 3

Offline Bergersrightwingviews

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #11571 on: April 3, 2020, 07:07:42 pm »

Wow. That really does put things in perspective nicely.

Salah is still "suffering" from his phenomenal first season. His numbers are still amazing, but people judge him against one of the best individual seasons this league has ever, or ever will see.
Roger Scruton was right about everything.

Online redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #11572 on: May 2, 2020, 10:05:32 pm »
Mo's response to an inane question from Sky Sports today. :D

EDIT: Sky have deleted their post now the fucking fannies [emoji23]
« Last Edit: May 2, 2020, 11:05:14 pm by redgriffin73 »
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #11573 on: May 2, 2020, 11:57:19 pm »

As they should, pathetic piece of crap. Pleased Mo shot it down in flames though.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #11574 on: May 3, 2020, 12:26:55 am »
Looking fucking boss there, Mo
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11575 on: May 3, 2020, 12:35:00 am »

Haha that's brilliant from Mo!!!!
"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #11576 on: May 3, 2020, 03:05:29 am »
Class finishing even off the pitch :D

Offline Red_19

• Main Stander
« Reply #11577 on: May 3, 2020, 08:07:01 am »
The disrespect this man gets. 70 PL goals in 100 games is legendary. He is unsellable.
History will be kind to me for I intend to write it - Rafa B.

Offline Clayton Bigsby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11578 on: May 3, 2020, 09:22:22 am »
Ok, so they think we should sell Salah. Who will replace his impact?

Who out there is giving you minimum 20 goals a season and is not gonna cost heaven and earth to bring over?

Offline aw1991

• Legacy Fan
  • Love Firmino, hate bastards
« Reply #11579 on: May 3, 2020, 10:14:25 am »

Missed an 's' there  ;)

I love the point they tried to make in that Instagram post. I don't read their garbage but I'm curious as to how Mo changing role (not sure what they are on about) is a reason we should sign someone else AND sell him.

1. If he's good in his new role, whatever that is, why sell him? Just buy another forward

2. If he's not good, buy someone who fits that role and move Salah back to being a forward, which we know he's good at? Or 70 goals in 100 apps for someone who just hit his peak years isn't good enough?

I get the feeling this guy can score 80 goals a season for the next 5 years and someone would still have the need to criticize him for some reason.q

Online newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11580 on: May 17, 2020, 11:47:05 pm »
https://www.football365.com/news/giorgio-chiellini-sergio-ramos-masterstroke-liverpool-mo-salah-injury

Chiellini says Ramos deliberately injured Salah.

I always rated Chiellini

Offline Morgana

• Legacy Fan
  • Sanity is overrated.
« Reply #11581 on: May 18, 2020, 09:07:17 am »
https://www.football365.com/news/giorgio-chiellini-sergio-ramos-masterstroke-liverpool-mo-salah-injury

Chiellini says Ramos deliberately injured Salah.

I always rated Chiellini
He seems to speak of what Ramos did/still does with a profound sense of admiration though, describing the Salah incident as a “master stroke.” Like one of the commenters says (at the bottom of the article): “c*nt-likes-other-c*nt shocker.”

Online redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #11582 on: May 18, 2020, 10:11:06 am »
An ex-Egypt coach came out over the weekend and said Real Madrid had given Mo an offer in about March 2018 that he turned down. Mo's agent has this morning said it's bollocks and Mo has never spoken to any Egypt coaches about career plans.
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline Morgana

• Legacy Fan
  • Sanity is overrated.
« Reply #11583 on: May 18, 2020, 10:33:43 am »
An ex-Egypt coach came out over the weekend and said Real Madrid had given Mo an offer in about March 2018 that he turned down. Mo's agent has this morning said it's bollocks and Mo has never spoken to any Egypt coaches about career plans.

An article came up on my MSN feed this morning saying it was Alisson Becker whom Mo told in 2018 that he'd got an offer from Madrid, but he chose to stay with Liverpool. I'll see if I can find it again.

Here's the article you're referring to: https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/newsliverpool/agent-hits-back-at-claims-mohamed-salah-discussed-potential-transfer-from-liverpool-to-real-madrid/ar-BB14eq3b?ocid=spartanntp

This is another article, might have been the one I saw. The title that came up on my feed was misleading. It was obviously the Egypt coach and not Alisson they're saying Salah talked to:

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/newsliverpool/liverpool-evening-headlines-as-mohamed-salah-and-alisson-claims-made/ar-BB14damc
« Last Edit: May 18, 2020, 10:40:03 am by Morgana »

Online newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11584 on: May 18, 2020, 12:11:01 pm »
He seems to speak of what Ramos did/still does with a profound sense of admiration though, describing the Salah incident as a “master stroke.” Like one of the commenters says (at the bottom of the article): “c*nt-likes-other-c*nt shocker.”

That’s a good point. I reread the article and I think you are right.

Offline Marty 85

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11585 on: May 18, 2020, 01:49:30 pm »

It's because of all the shite spouted by the sky sports pundits and that includes Carra. They repeat what they hear.

Offline 1892tillforever

• "Just call me................daddy.............!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Either the curtains go or I do
« Reply #11586 on: May 19, 2020, 06:52:17 am »
Magnificent player.

Sky Sports in 'trying to undermine Liverpool during a successful period' shocker. The same twats who criticise Mo probably wank themselves dry over Fernandes or [insert player who had a few good games recently]. We live in a fast-food, what have you done for me lately? mentality era. Instead of focusing on the brilliance they see (Salah) too many people focus on the next shiny object. Opposition fans of course just want us to get rid of a superstar.

Luckily, we have a boss with his head on straight who will continue to enjoy having Mo Salah in his team.

Offline please, I have my reasons for it but...

• In the grander scheme of things, most definitely has meaning and most definitely has purpose. History Maker.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11587 on: May 19, 2020, 08:00:04 am »
Wouldn't take anything Hany Ramzy says of note even if he told me the Sun comes out from the East.
Finished at the age of 26. The Mike Tyson of football.

Follow me on twitter: http://twitter.com/omar_12590

Offline Kalito

• Legacy Fan
  • ***JFT97***
« Reply #11588 on: May 19, 2020, 03:01:51 pm »
Magnificent player.

Sky Sports in 'trying to undermine Liverpool during a successful period' shocker. The same twats who criticise Mo probably wank themselves dry over Fernandes or [insert player who had a few good games recently]. We live in a fast-food, what have you done for me lately? mentality era. Instead of focusing on the brilliance they see (Salah) too many people focus on the next shiny object. Opposition fans of course just want us to get rid of a superstar.

Luckily, we have a boss with his head on straight who will continue to enjoy having Mo Salah in his team.
This. Spot on Sir.
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us." - Mr Bill Shankly

"be careful of media, they can make you hate the oppressed and love the oppressors." - Malcolm X

The notion that an Occupier is defending itself is as absurd as the notion that the rapist is defending itself from the victim.

Offline Charlie Adams fried egg

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11589 on: May 19, 2020, 03:34:08 pm »
Magnificent player.

Its always been this way.
If they're not so good, then we waste money in the transfer market.
If they're good, then say they won't get CL or "win things" at Liverpool so need to move
If they do win things at Liverpool, say they've achieved all they can at LFC so have to move on OR
Create an agenda, such as diving or say the player isn't as good as we all think he is.

We are news and sadly those desperate for coverage use us to help themselves.

Offline RedForeverTT

• Legacy Fan
  • Did I hear you say you "No"?
« Reply #11590 on: May 20, 2020, 09:51:50 am »
Wouldn't take anything Hany Ramzy says of note even if he told me the Sun comes out from the East.
There are lots of Harry Redknapp in this world where they seemed to know everything and everyone.

Offline sinnermichael

• I copy other people's photoshops and twitter posts and texts and pretend they're mine.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11591 on: May 20, 2020, 03:52:02 pm »
Mad how he never lost a Premier League game at Anfield with us.

Offline Kashinoda

• More broken biscuits than made of crisps
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ....mmm
« Reply #11592 on: May 20, 2020, 11:04:53 pm »
Sell him

:D

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #11593 on: May 20, 2020, 11:14:10 pm »
Did not realise Berkovic was such a prolific assister! Chalk up another win for Abu Dhabi
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11594 on: May 20, 2020, 11:22:10 pm »
Sell him

Carroll does marginally better than Big Dunc. :lmao
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Bobinhood

• RAWK's Pam Ayres. Man without a hat.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hand over the Trophy
« Reply #11595 on: May 20, 2020, 11:34:31 pm »
Firmino Dead Centre.

I knew everything revolved around Bobby.
Amplification does not equal truth. 

"Put these seeds in your pocket. At least sunflowers will grow where you lie!"
A Ukrainian housewife to a young Russian soldier, Feb 24,2022.

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #11596 on: May 21, 2020, 12:31:51 am »
Firmino Dead Centre.

I knew everything revolved around Bobby.

There can only be One...
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Offline farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #11597 on: May 21, 2020, 06:47:50 am »
Sell him

Who's the Jack of all trades? (That guy closest to the center...)
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Online Peabee

• SKPB! Is goin' down der Asd.....der Waitrose.....anyone wannany hummus?
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11598 on: May 21, 2020, 01:46:41 pm »
Who's the Jack of all trades? (That guy closest to the center...)

Top right quadrant.
We aren't walking through the storm now - we are the storm.

Offline smutchin

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #11599 on: June 9, 2020, 03:59:05 pm »
Sell him

Just think where he’d be on that graph if he wasn’t such a selfish player... :lmao