Author Topic: James Milner - El Burro Magnifico  (Read 578626 times)

Offline RedForeverTT

• Legacy Fan
  • Did I hear you say you "No"?
Re: James Milner - El Burro Magnifico
« Reply #2800 on: February 6, 2020, 02:49:28 pm »
My favourite thing about Milner is that he broke Wayne Rooney’s record as the youngest goal scorer in PL just a few weeks after Rooney to ensure Rooney never have a lasting legacy.

Offline Sangria

• In trying to be right ends up wrong without fail
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #2801 on: February 6, 2020, 03:06:05 pm »
My favourite thing about Milner is that he broke Wayne Rooney’s record as the youngest goal scorer in PL just a few weeks after Rooney to ensure Rooney never have a lasting legacy.

You what? Quite apart from his considerable club achievements, Rooney is also England's top scorer. Bobby Charlton's record stood for decades and was well known.
"i just dont think (Lucas is) that type of player that Kenny wants"
Vidocq, 20 January 2011

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=267148.msg8032258#msg8032258

Offline aussie_ox

• Main Stander
  • LFC Blood Red all the way
« Reply #2802 on: February 7, 2020, 10:49:06 pm »
Love Milly.   Him taking a step up to another level by joining us has taken his career to another level.     

Multiple trophies coming for him in the next 2 seasons.  I bet he will then play another 5 at Leeds!!

Legend.
Klopp that!

Online Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #2803 on: February 7, 2020, 11:39:32 pm »
Great thing is he has now played more games for Liverpool than any of his other clubs, so he can legitimately call himself a Liverpool player first and foremost, who just happened to have played for a few other clubs beforehand.
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline Linudden

• Twpsyn gwirion. Definitely a Ron DeSantis fanboy
  • Legacy Fan
  • Linudden.
« Reply #2804 on: February 8, 2020, 05:56:48 pm »
Great thing is he has now played more games for Liverpool than any of his other clubs, so he can legitimately call himself a Liverpool player first and foremost, who just happened to have played for a few other clubs beforehand.

Milly is one I feel went away from us back in the day. We were linked to him under Rafa and I really do believe that the young Milner could've been a player that could've kept us ahead and in the top four all along before it went bust for us. Mainly, since he was a utility player back then too and the big hindrance for us in 2009-10 was that we had exceptionally low midfield cover while he had arguably the best season of his career for Villa.

It's quite fitting in that sense that he was providing everything we'd missed beforehand when we got back to the Champions League seven years later. In effect, a quality team player who could play anywhere assigned. Even though his role is not as significant as it used to be, the 16-17 campaign was so essential to where we are today and we'd not made the top four without Milner given how strong Arsenal and United were relative to today. No way.
Linudden.

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2805 on: February 8, 2020, 07:38:35 pm »
Is it for charity? Because he'd get a lot more bids if he offered to do people's ironing for them for a charitable donation to his preferred cause :D

He'd earn even more for charity if he offered to do ironing for people in his undies.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2806 on: February 8, 2020, 07:46:26 pm »
Milly is one I feel went away from us back in the day. We were linked to him under Rafa and I really do believe that the young Milner could've been a player that could've kept us ahead and in the top four all along before it went bust for us. Mainly, since he was a utility player back then too and the big hindrance for us in 2009-10 was that we had exceptionally low midfield cover while he had arguably the best season of his career for Villa.

It's quite fitting in that sense that he was providing everything we'd missed beforehand when we got back to the Champions League seven years later. In effect, a quality team player who could play anywhere assigned. Even though his role is not as significant as it used to be, the 16-17 campaign was so essential to where we are today and we'd not made the top four without Milner given how strong Arsenal and United were relative to today. No way.

I get the sentiment but I'm less sure.  Rafa certainly loved his utility players - Dirk immediately springs to mind - but I'm not sure he would have developed into what he is now.  We might not have even been able to hold onto him given the turmoil the club was in.

All that matters is that we have him now.  Nobody can call him a journey man player who can "do a job" - he's LFC through and through.  Best thing is he'll be with us awhile yet.  A magnificent professional.

Popcorn's Art

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #2807 on: February 8, 2020, 08:36:46 pm »
I get the sentiment but I'm less sure.  Rafa certainly loved his utility players - Dirk immediately springs to mind - but I'm not sure he would have developed into what he is now.  We might not have even been able to hold onto him given the turmoil the club was in.

All that matters is that we have him now.  Nobody can call him a journey man player who can "do a job" - he's LFC through and through.  Best thing is he'll be with us awhile yet.  A magnificent professional.

Magnificent burro, also...
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Offline simesy

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2808 on: February 8, 2020, 08:47:27 pm »
Such a model professional. The epitome of every quality needed as a liverpool player. He's going to be a great coach or manager someday.
When you're in the penalty area & dont know what to do with the ball, stick it in the net & we'll discuss the options later"  Bob Paisley

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2809 on: February 8, 2020, 08:55:17 pm »
Jimmy has played for us more than any other club in his career.  He's won the Big One with us and is about to win the League too. He's not just passing by as many had thought when he signed for us 5 years ago.

Offline BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2810 on: February 8, 2020, 10:42:44 pm »
Such a model professional. The epitome of every quality needed as a liverpool player. He's going to be a great coach or manager someday.

He's the English Xabi Alonso when it comes professionalism.
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Offline Lord Roger Hunt

• Elevated to the RAWK Peerage. Furious Legend In His Own Lunchtime.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Humans were harmed in the making of this picture
« Reply #2811 on: February 8, 2020, 10:54:35 pm »
In general, we need to stop this nonsense of looking to ex-pros to get automatic coaching gigs on the basis of their playing days. In 2020, we have enough evidence at this point to know there's no correlation between playing career and coaching effectiveness.

But I'd make an exception for Milly. He's going to be bloody great at whatever he does.

Future Liverpool manager

;D ;D ;D

Outed - you are James Milner!!! :)
From the Country of Liverpool

Offline Mister Flip Flop

• More flop than flip.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2812 on: February 9, 2020, 12:31:05 am »
Quality human being.
Soccer - let's face it, its not really about a game of ball anymore is it?

Offline aussie_ox

• Main Stander
  • LFC Blood Red all the way
« Reply #2813 on: February 10, 2020, 01:22:40 am »
Is it for charity? Because he'd get a lot more bids if he offered to do people's ironing for them for a charitable donation to his preferred cause :D

I'd rather  a signed Ribena bottle from him to be honest
Klopp that!

Offline Sangria

• In trying to be right ends up wrong without fail
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2814 on: February 10, 2020, 10:47:06 am »

He may be a model professional, but if he does ironing in his undies as suggested here, he could become a professional model.
"i just dont think (Lucas is) that type of player that Kenny wants"
Vidocq, 20 January 2011

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=267148.msg8032258#msg8032258

Offline Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2815 on: February 10, 2020, 11:29:07 am »
He may be a model professional, but if he does ironing in his undies as suggested here, he could become a professional model.

I've got a fair few female mates who would jump at the chance of owning that sort of LFC calendar!

Popcorn's Art

Offline ToneLa

• you know the rules but I make the game.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I AM FURIOUS, RED (STILL)
« Reply #2816 on: February 12, 2020, 01:06:07 pm »
Why did James Milner cross the road?
To get to the other side.

Knock Knock
Who's there?
James Milner, I'm knocking on your door.

Offline JonnyCigarettes®

• Airfix salesman (rumoured to be training a secret wankfest monkey arsegravy army)
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty fly for a white guy
« Reply #2817 on: February 15, 2020, 10:51:18 pm »
If he joined our coaching team, I think he'd start to be considered as a potential future manager.
Johnny Sack: 200 grand for insulting my wife. What's next, Carmine, he gets to fuck her for a million?

Carmine: He wants to fuck her?

Johnny Sack: I'm making a point.

Online Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #2818 on: February 15, 2020, 11:12:58 pm »
Everything seems safer, more controlled and more chilled now Milner's back
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Online BobPaisley3

• SirAlexFerguson2, the bad manc twat :)
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • PGMOL fanboy
« Reply #2819 on: March 3, 2020, 10:16:47 pm »
Yes he got booked but we needed a bit of his bite earlier on in proceedings. Hopefully he’s in for Saturday and then Atletico.
94 Corner to us. Last kick. Ali in the box and he’s scored

Offline Zizou

• zo zon't ze zo
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Cool as
« Reply #2820 on: March 3, 2020, 11:08:22 pm »
Glad to see him back, certainly a positive influence on our side.

Online Ghost Town

• Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #2821 on: March 4, 2020, 01:01:57 pm »
Instantly felt more relaxed when he came on. Midfield suddenly had some bite again

Offline farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #2822 on: March 4, 2020, 07:02:35 pm »
Milner would hate that, but he needs to play a few games at LB when Hendo comes back. Robbo has been gasping for breath...
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Offline smutchin

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2823 on: March 5, 2020, 12:15:05 am »
Yes he got booked...

Don’t know about anyone else but I reckon that’s the cleanest professional foul I have ever seen. Magnificent.

I’m not sure I’ve ever truly appreciated James Milner until the last year or so, but he is a wonderful football player. He made a real difference when he came on last night. Unfortunately just not enough of a difference by that stage of the game.

Online BobPaisley3

• SirAlexFerguson2, the bad manc twat :)
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • PGMOL fanboy
« Reply #2824 on: March 7, 2020, 02:26:13 pm »
Has to play on Wednesday.
94 Corner to us. Last kick. Ali in the box and he’s scored

Offline Ski

• daddle. Wouldn't recognise an idea, if it rang his doorbell and got invited in for dinner. He will survive.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2825 on: March 7, 2020, 02:27:00 pm »
Vital today and that’s even without the goal line intervention.
Has Steven Gerrard scored a goal even more important than the one he got against Olympiakos - Is this the start of something BIG?

Online stockdam

• The sheer loftus-cheek of the man.....
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Walk on through the wind, Walk on through the rain
« Reply #2826 on: March 7, 2020, 02:27:37 pm »
Played brilliantly today and saved a goal.
#JFT97

Offline Gnurglan

• The Swedish Savaloy
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2827 on: March 7, 2020, 02:29:14 pm »
I think we’ve been missing Milner on the pitch. Great save there on the lob. I wonder what went through his mind there. Everyone watching, he needs to get the ball away on one touch to avoid the equaliser... Job done as per usual. :thumbup

"The key isn't the system itself, but how the players adapt on the pitch. It doesn't matter if it's 4-3-3 or 4-4-2, it's the role of the players that counts." Rafa Benitez

Offline Vinay

• West Coast privileges revoked due to jinxing activity. Considerably more greedier than yaow!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Ceux qui écrivent clairement ont des lecteurs.....
« Reply #2828 on: March 7, 2020, 02:29:36 pm »
Wow, James Milner will finish this season as having played more games, and scoring more goals at Liverpool, than at any other club during his professional career.... Wow! This is a player Liverpool got on a free, when everyone would have thought his best years were behind him.

Offline rawcusk8

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2829 on: March 7, 2020, 02:36:14 pm »
Brilliant no nonsense display from the captain.
“If you even dream of beating me you'd better wake up and apologize.” - muhammad ali

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2830 on: March 7, 2020, 02:36:55 pm »
If Hendo ain't fit for the game in midweek, start Jimmy in the midfield. Fabinho is just not at it since his injury.

Online RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2831 on: March 7, 2020, 02:38:10 pm »
Fantastic game.

What a model pro he is.
"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2832 on: March 7, 2020, 02:38:50 pm »
Wow, James Milner will finish this season as having played more games, and scoring more goals at Liverpool, than at any other club during his professional career.... Wow! This is a player Liverpool got on a free, when everyone would have thought his best years were behind him.

He's already played more time for us than any other club.  :D

Online Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #2833 on: March 7, 2020, 02:44:28 pm »
I think we’ve been missing Milner on the pitch. Great save there on the lob. I wonder what went through his mind there. Everyone watching, he needs to get the ball away on one touch to avoid the equaliser... Job done as per usual. :thumbup

Needed him last week with Henderson out.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline Linudden

• Twpsyn gwirion. Definitely a Ron DeSantis fanboy
  • Legacy Fan
  • Linudden.
« Reply #2834 on: March 7, 2020, 02:45:35 pm »
Goal-line clearance or penalty spot. Doesn't matter. Veins of ice.
Linudden.

Offline smutchin

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2835 on: March 7, 2020, 02:51:49 pm »
Masterclass from Milner today in how to manage 'physical' opponents when you've got a weak ref. Added a bit of much-needed backbone, as well as using his intelligence and experience.

And that clearance was absolutely magic.

Offline Keith Lard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2836 on: March 7, 2020, 02:59:34 pm »
An absolute masterclass from Milner today!
Pour yourself a drink and enjoy watching a genius in red - John Barnes || https://youtu.be/XEJfzUSH4e4

Offline Snail

• Disgusted by you. Snail murdering S h e e p. Ms Soppy Twat Potty Mouth. The Annabel Chong of RAWK's X-Factor. Likes giving Sir Cliff of Richard one.
  • Legacy Fan
  • How are we
« Reply #2837 on: March 7, 2020, 03:26:08 pm »
What a man.

Offline farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #2838 on: March 7, 2020, 03:42:13 pm »
MOTM for me.
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Offline Zoomers

• Legacy Fan
  • Meow
« Reply #2839 on: March 7, 2020, 03:44:31 pm »
Unfortunately did not watch the game. But just saw his goal line clearance, top man.
Shut the fuck up and put some respek on Lucas name playboy