Author Topic: James Milner - El Burro Magnifico  (Read 578601 times)

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
Re: James Milner - El Burro Magnifico
« Reply #2920 on: May 1, 2020, 02:23:12 pm »
From Football365, Nicholson is kind of boringly pompous with his back-to-jumpers-for-goalposts schtick, but he gets things right about El Burro Magnifico...

https://www.football365.com/news/everybody-loves-james-milner-liverpool-man-city-leeds
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Online oojason

• The Official RAWK Audio Visual God. Founder Member of the Ricky Gervais' 'David Brad Fan Club'.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
Some 'Useful Info' for following the football + TV, Streams, Highlights & Replays etc - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769

A mini-index of RAWK's 'Liverpool Audio / Video Thread' content over the years; & more - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769.msg17787576#msg17787576

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2922 on: July 1, 2020, 11:21:19 pm »
James Milner claims he's been vindicated in leaving a Manchester City team at the height of their powers - for a Liverpool side striving for success.

Former England star Milner left the Etihad on a free transfer in 2015 after winning two Premier League titles in three years.

But shortly after the midfielder arrived at Anfield, Brendan Rodgers was sacked and replaced by Jurgen Klopp and his high tempo “heavy metal” football.

Many accused Milner of making a big mistake - especially when Liverpool lost the Europa League and Champions League finals in 2016 and 2018– but now he's having the last laugh.

“I like the fact that a lot of people thought I was making a mistake. That is one of the things that drives you” says Milner, now vice-captain behind Jordan Henderson.

“I was in a fortunate position of staying at City or going to Liverpool. City is a great place and I'm sure if I stayed things would have been good.

“But it was a chance to go to Liverpool - a hugely successful club but one that didn't have a recent history of winning things.

“There were the near misses a couple of years before where I was on the right side of it.

“Coming in at Liverpool I saw the hangover of that and the comments such as 'we nearly won the league'. That thinking had to go.

“They had to move on and you can see from the journey it was bit by bit, improving all the time.

“Getting 97 points losing out to a special Man City team and not winning the league, now that’s make or break really.

“It’s either 'what else can we do?' Or is it 'you know what, we can do better'.

“It was fantastic to win the Champions League but we knew everyone was desperate to win the league.

“Especially in the context of the great teams Liverpool had, how long it had been, how close they'd been and how unlucky they had been.

“So when I came I thought how special it would be to be part of winning a League title.

“Everyone was desperate to do it and so to be able to do that now is incredible and I'm so proud to be part of a side to do that, especially when you see the scenes and how much it means to the fans.”

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/james-milner-enjoying-having-last-22263269

Some of the comments from Bitter City fans are priceless. ;D
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #2923 on: July 1, 2020, 11:44:00 pm »

Comment from El Burro wasn't quite boring enough, slightly out of character with how well spoken and eloquent it was.

But there you go... :D
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2924 on: July 1, 2020, 11:47:36 pm »
Comment from El Burro wasn't quite boring enough, slightly out of character with how well spoken and eloquent it was.

But there you go... :D

Couple of other articles on there where he talks.  Nice stuff. :)

Popcorn's Art

Offline MNAA

• ...mnaa, doo doo, deh-doodoo.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2925 on: July 2, 2020, 12:20:18 am »
Insecure bunch of knobheads. Milner has always been respectful of City and his time there. They should show him more respect
Neither party wishes to be bent over backwards but...
coitus will occur

Offline Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2926 on: July 2, 2020, 12:21:43 am »
Insecure bunch of knobheads. Milner has always been respectful of City and his time there. They should show him more respect

They're never going to show respect to any player who walked away before letting City discard them. It's not in their nature.

Popcorn's Art

Offline BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #2927 on: July 9, 2020, 11:11:59 am »
Clocked up his 536th PL appearance moving him to 5th on the all-time list behind only David James (572), Frank Lampard (609), Ryan Giggs (632) and Gareth Barry (653).
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Online RichardM

• should be revising rather than whining on here
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2928 on: July 19, 2020, 12:32:27 pm »
Forgive me if I've missed this, but is there concern he's going to want to return to Leeds to play for them in the PL one last time? It's a move that would make quite a lot of sense for him and them, but I'd hate to see him go to be honest.

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #2929 on: July 19, 2020, 12:48:25 pm »
Forgive me if I've missed this, but is there concern he's going to want to return to Leeds to play for them in the PL one last time? It's a move that would make quite a lot of sense for him and them, but I'd hate to see him go to be honest.

He gave an interview not so long ago whereby he said he'd be open to a possible coaching job at Liverpool, if it was on offer. I guess we need to wait and see but I don't think he will be rushing off to join Leeds at the moment.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline Mr Benn please?

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • 123456789 Benn
« Reply #2930 on: July 19, 2020, 01:10:16 pm »
He gave an interview not so long ago whereby he said he'd be open to a possible coaching job at Liverpool, if it was on offer. I guess we need to wait and see but I don't think he will be rushing off to join Leeds at the moment.
The two aren't mutually exclusive. He could go back to Leeds for a couple of seasons then come back as a coach if Klopp thinks he's up to it.

I don't think there have been any links with Leeds but I think they are in a similar position to Villa last year in that they have quite a few loan players so will need to sign a few over the summer. Milner would make lots of sense - he's hugely experienced, can play in several positions, and would probably relish the challenge of helping to keep Leeds in the premier league. Plus if he has ambitions of being a coach, working with Bielsa would doubtless appeal. I wouldn't be at all surprised if he moves over the summer.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2020, 01:11:54 pm by irc65 »

Offline penwhen

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #2931 on: July 19, 2020, 01:52:59 pm »
I refuse to think about it and at this point am just enjoying his hashtag-expressed contempt for mandatory drinks breaks.

Offline Ray K

• Loves a shiny helmet. The new IndyKalia.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
« Reply #2932 on: July 23, 2020, 12:38:04 am »
Milly called Man Utd 'fucking wankers' on the podium, so he's pretty much confirmed his spot as the greatest Yorkshireman ever to play for the club

https://twitter.com/SamueILFC/status/1286072224638795776
"We have to change from doubters to believers"

Twitter: @rjkelly75

Offline Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2933 on: July 23, 2020, 12:41:02 am »
Milly called Man Utd 'fucking wankers' on the podium, so he's pretty much confirmed his spot as the greatest Yorkshireman ever to play for the club

Ex Leeds  ;D

Popcorn's Art

Online Kekule

• Not fussy.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2934 on: July 23, 2020, 12:44:27 am »
Ex Leeds  ;D

...and ex Man City.

Seem to remember when he was at Aston Villa, and had yet to win anything, a ref fucked them over against Manchester United in a League Cup final.

I think he’s entitled.

Offline Fordy

• Κασσάνδρα. ITK (rubs bridge of nose knowingly)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2935 on: July 23, 2020, 12:47:14 am »
ha ha legend

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2936 on: July 23, 2020, 12:52:59 am »

Hahah Awesome!

Offline penwhen

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #2937 on: July 23, 2020, 02:59:00 am »
In an article I read a while ago, Milly said his father wouldn't even let him wear red growing up because of Man United. So the hatred is deep and greatly appreciated, but I'm glad he got used to the color for Liverpool.

Offline Charlie Adams fried egg

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2938 on: July 23, 2020, 10:40:29 am »
There's a strong Leeds influence in James isn't there?

1 more game and he's in our top 100 for all time appearances. What a signing he's been.

Offline RedForeverTT

• Legacy Fan
  • Did I hear you say you "No"?
« Reply #2939 on: July 23, 2020, 11:40:06 am »

I don’t think anyone in the world can debate that. But to hear it from his mouth confirms his mind is truly sound.

Offline Caligula?

• Most Negative poster on site, Moan, Moan, Moan, Liverpool are shite... Does he ever stop
  • Legacy Fan
  • SPQR
« Reply #2940 on: July 23, 2020, 01:23:07 pm »
Boring James Milner
@BoringMilner
15 h
I just asked Andrew Robertson if he heard the fireworks. He said he did. I said I thought you’d say that because they were pretty loud.

I wonder who runs that account.  ;D

Offline Rush 82

• Seth Iffricans don't take the dog out for a walk - they take the line out!
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • From Cape Town to Anfield
« Reply #2941 on: July 23, 2020, 01:44:47 pm »
Boring James Milner
@BoringMilner
15 h
I just asked Andrew Robertson if he heard the fireworks. He said he did. I said I thought you’d say that because they were pretty loud.

I wonder who runs that account.  ;D
:lmao
that is very good

Online Sheer Magnetism

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2942 on: July 23, 2020, 01:47:37 pm »

Between us, Manchester City and Leeds he's played for the full trifecta.

Offline FLRed67

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2943 on: July 23, 2020, 03:51:10 pm »
With this, his third title, I hereby nominate Milly for the Donkey Hall of Fame.

Milly is the GOAT among donkeys.

Amen

Offline Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2944 on: July 23, 2020, 06:27:22 pm »

Popcorn's Art

Offline The 1989 Brit Awards

• He may be of thome aththithtanthe if there ith a thudden kwaithith!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2945 on: July 23, 2020, 07:28:49 pm »
Even though spanish is my mother tongue, the thread title still only reminds me of some kind of fancy pasta sauce

Offline Goalposts for Jumpers

• Mon Ranager's Alter-Ego.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2946 on: July 24, 2020, 01:06:26 pm »
Surprised there weren't more body language experts in here after Milly was subbed on late for the last home game of the season not long after Leeds have been promoted back to the PL?

Offline Fiasco

• Just add water to foam at the mouth. Can't spell San Francisco. Has promised to eat his own cock. Cannibal Self-Harm in that case.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96.
« Reply #2947 on: July 24, 2020, 01:23:11 pm »
I hope he can shrug off these niggly injuries next season because not only is he a leader and our most experienced player, he contributes when he plays. He isn't just a hard worker. I think his days at left back are gone as well, he's 34 and he's a booking/red card waiting to happen now. But in midfield, especially further forward, his crossing is still good and his tenacity is an asset.

He's just been an incredible signing for many reasons. Just look at the joy in his face during our recent wins. He fucking loves it and it means everything to him.

Offline Carra-ton

• Carrington, who plays there! derrr!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2948 on: August 11, 2020, 07:00:14 am »
https://twitter.com/TheAnfieldTalk/status/1292959340819873793

This is why he is invaluable. Why Klopp has the highest regard for him and confidence that both he and Hendo will hold the dressing room together.
Hats off to Bill on his throne,
He set the club's standards in stone.
Navigating the storm,
Is the Liverpool norm,
You'll never walk alone!

Offline rebel23

• Rebel without a cause
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2949 on: August 11, 2020, 07:21:59 am »
I think he'll be a manager one day

Offline Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2950 on: August 11, 2020, 09:41:27 am »
I think he'll be a manager one day

Maybe the training staff, or assistant to Hendo?

I salivate when I think about what our senior players must be learning about coaching from Klopp. Any one if them could maybe step into the role at some point in the far future.

Popcorn's Art

Offline rebel23

• Rebel without a cause
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2951 on: August 11, 2020, 11:52:51 am »

I salivate when I think about what our senior players must be learning about coaching from Klopp. Any one if them could maybe step into the role at some point in the far future.

Hendo would be great as well...  :thumbup

It's very exciting to have all these talented and experienced players and I reckon a few of them will definitely go into management...

Offline BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2952 on: August 11, 2020, 12:16:14 pm »

More like Henderson as his assistant. Milner is 4 years older, played nearly 200 more league games, won more medals and judging by all pre-season reports turns up in better shape than any other player.

James Milner is professionally wise the English Xabi Alonso. Pure football.
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Offline Mark Walters

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2953 on: August 11, 2020, 03:44:51 pm »
https://twitter.com/TheAnfieldTalk/status/1292959340819873793

This is why he is invaluable. Why Klopp has the highest regard for him and confidence that both he and Hendo will hold the dressing room together.
For some reason that video kept pausing/buffering/skipping. What's he saying?
"Maybe in life it's impossible to give 100 per cent to your job. Okay, I'll accept 98 per cent" Rafa Benitez

Offline Carra-ton

• Carrington, who plays there! derrr!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2954 on: August 12, 2020, 06:01:59 am »
For some reason that video kept pausing/buffering/skipping. What's he saying?
Just in general asking the lads to keep the tempo up. He says, it doesn't matter they score, we score, we start again and play with highest tempo. Pushing the lads and asks them to use each kickoff as a trigger. Reminding them that if we lose the ball we press together and play out from there. Just the manner in which he reminds them of the standards required is reminiscent of a good leader.
Hats off to Bill on his throne,
He set the club's standards in stone.
Navigating the storm,
Is the Liverpool norm,
You'll never walk alone!

Offline Mark Walters

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2955 on: August 13, 2020, 12:33:04 pm »
Just in general asking the lads to keep the tempo up. He says, it doesn't matter they score, we score, we start again and play with highest tempo. Pushing the lads and asks them to use each kickoff as a trigger. Reminding them that if we lose the ball we press together and play out from there. Just the manner in which he reminds them of the standards required is reminiscent of a good leader.

Thanks for the summary.
"Maybe in life it's impossible to give 100 per cent to your job. Okay, I'll accept 98 per cent" Rafa Benitez

Online markedasred

• Knowing me, Knowing you... ahaaa!!! Resident Large Canine.
  • Legacy Fan
  • No Murdoch in our house
« Reply #2956 on: August 19, 2020, 01:20:49 pm »
There's a new youtube video called "Trent thinks it's easy to win trophies "  which has Milner saying at the end "If we stay at the level we were at last season, it will not be good enough". He knows how to make someone sitting on their arse eating biscuits and typing in to a footie forum feel guilty doesn't he?.
https://youtu.be/dAEVc9AsHXk
"For those of you watching in black and white, Liverpool are the team with the ball"

Offline Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #2957 on: August 19, 2020, 02:56:18 pm »
There's a new youtube video called "Trent thinks it's easy to win trophies "  which has Milner saying at the end "If we stay at the level we were at last season, it will not be good enough". He knows how to make someone sitting on their arse eating biscuits and typing in to a footie forum feel guilty doesn't he?.
https://youtu.be/dAEVc9AsHXk
To be fair he and Robbo do that as well
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline sinnermichael

• I copy other people's photoshops and twitter posts and texts and pretend they're mine.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2958 on: September 9, 2020, 01:42:06 pm »
Mad stat.

Offline him_15

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2959 on: September 10, 2020, 05:21:55 am »
Mad stat.

Don't understand what does it actually mean.
Believer