Author Topic: Danny Ings  (Read 87743 times)

Offline fcsantos

• Main Stander
  • Believer
Danny Ings
« on: June 22, 2015, 10:52:02 pm »
Apologies I couldn't find a Danny Ings thread, I'm actually becoming a lot more positive about this lad.

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/danny-ings-avoids-numbers-7-8-and-9-and-seeks-to-earn-a-legendary-liverpool-shirt-10337306.html

Offline telekon

• Keep Calm And Carry On Coughing......Urgently needs to know the German word for "woosh", cos clearly "ironie" escapes him :)
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm in love with here and I feel fine
Re: Danny Ings
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2015, 11:35:44 pm »
Seems like a nice, humble lad ready to work hard for a place in the team. I like the way he mentions Rodgers and how he sees the squad numbers. I reckon he will start most games on the bench next season (bar any injuries), but I think he'll be prepared for that and give his best once he's on the field. Crystal ball says 5 goals in all competitions, then pick jersey 17 for next season, score and play more, and get shirt number 8 in a few years time.  :wave

What has the universe got to do with it? You're here in Brooklyn! Brooklyn is not expanding!

Offline me76

• It's all in the reflexes
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • Believer
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2015, 12:52:18 am »
Fantastic attitude.  Quite novel to hear a young footballer (or person in general!) talk about having to earn the right to something!
Jürgen Klopp: "I ask that you believe in this team and believe that together we can achieve great things."

Offline Alonso_The_Assassin

• Legacy Fan
    • Just Words
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2015, 01:31:10 am »
Really good stuff here. Danny seems like an all-round good bloke. Really hope he does well for us.

Offline DanA

• misses the Eurovision Glory Days.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2015, 01:42:42 am »
From what I've read it's hard not to be impressed by this bloke as a person. May or may not be a great footballer but seems to have Kenny like character which goes a long way for me.
Quote from: hinesy
He hadn't played as if he was on fire, more the slight breeze cutting across New Brighton on a summer's day than El Nino, the force of nature.

Online SMASHerano

• Provides nothing extra. Average poster.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool 6-1 London
« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2015, 01:51:12 am »
Just increased my respect for him. Hope he's up for it.

Offline Zoomers

• Legacy Fan
  • Meow
« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2015, 02:39:01 am »
Plot twist: He chose that number because he believes that's how many goals he'll score this season.
Shut the fuck up and put some respek on Lucas name playboy

Offline JSteve

• Channelling Baldrick.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2015, 03:28:04 am »
Plot twist: He chose that number because he believes that's how many goals he'll score this season.

Nah, that's speculation. The reason is that when he leaves the club, our league count will be 28.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2015, 06:45:54 am by JSteve »

Offline xbugawugax

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8 on: June 23, 2015, 08:23:20 am »
Feels like the typical media feel good report. Same can be said after the Milner signing.

No doubt the media will come out with such stories when Sterling goes for his big paycheck.  Nothing will be said about his wages, but more about his thirst for trophies and being a better player bla bla bla.

Since this is an Ings thread, how will he fit in the squad next season if we don't make any more signings?(hope to god that will not happen)

Can he play up front with Balo/Strurridge or is he versatile enough to play on the wings. One thing for sure is his workrate and from the goals he scores for Burnley looks like he is quite a menace in and around the box which we lack last season.

Online TSC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9 on: June 23, 2015, 08:46:12 am »

Since this is an Ings thread, how will he fit in the squad next season if we don't make any more signings?(hope to god that will not happen)

That's a bit of a worse case scenario (signing no-one else) but in the event of it happening I'd guess he'd walk into the first team, which says more about the quality already here.  Not that you'd expect Balotelli, Lambert and Borini to remain here for start of next season.  Well we'd be in real trouble if that did happen.

Offline SlowRap

• SlowCrapAllOverTheBoards. No longer appealing! Apparently not a bastard. But no denial of being sarcastic and having no clue. Interesting. Fist pumps all the way down the stairs.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Let freedom reign
« Reply #10 on: June 23, 2015, 11:09:57 am »
Said it when he was linked with us and all the usual naysayers were having a hysterical fit. Just give the lad a chance, he’s hardworking Eng U21 international, we’ve got him on a pittance given today’s market. 
"We must turn from doubters into believers" - Jurgen Klopp

I've got a feeling that Origi is the real deal, from a couple of games I watched but mainly his interviews there seems to be something about him.

Offline bathoz

• Kopite
  • Wants a showpony.
« Reply #11 on: June 23, 2015, 12:11:11 pm »
What's funny is listening to United fans moaning about missing out on Ings and Milner – at the same time as hearing our lot moaning about getting them.

Now, I'm not saying that those Mancs are all football seers – neither are you or I – but it is worth considering.
The opinions related above are in no way to be taken as anything more (or less) than those of an bored mind.

Offline 10 years on

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #12 on: June 23, 2015, 12:32:27 pm »
What's funny is listening to United fans moaning about missing out on Ings and Milner – at the same time as hearing our lot moaning about getting them.

Now, I'm not saying that those Mancs are all football seers – neither are you or I – but it is worth considering.
United were never in for milner and I haven't heard one of them complain about not getting ings.

Offline bird_lfc

• Would much rather have a good wank than get behind the team. Champion of Luke Shaw’s reputation.
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #13 on: June 23, 2015, 12:32:38 pm »
That's pretty cool. Sounds like he's got a good attitude, if he fails here it wont be through lack of desire/effort.

Offline Paul JH

• Elmer Fudd. I'm a witch! A WITCH!
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Don't do drugs..."
« Reply #14 on: June 23, 2015, 12:34:33 pm »
 “It is such a huge club. That was the thinking behind it. I wouldn’t want to go to Liverpool and chuck a shirt on my back like that … it is pressure you don’t need. The expectation at clubs like that is huge. Obviously I am going to work my socks off to earn that number one day. For now I will take a high number and work hard.

Sterling should read that. The very opposite of his attitude.

Good man Danny.  :)

Sarcastic Net Pest and Sanctimonious Arse.

Offline Pradan

• Makes RAWK a grim place. Sarcastic besserwisser. Would certainly pick a fight with himself in an empty room.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15 on: June 23, 2015, 12:34:50 pm »
He does speak well and come across as a confident guy.

Though really you shouldn't take much stock into how a player speaks. Markovic spoke very boldly but his language on the pitch was entirely different.

As cliche as it sounds. actions speak louder than words.

Offline meady1981

• Confuses “Scottish” with “Scotch”.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LEGACY FAN
« Reply #16 on: June 23, 2015, 01:03:12 pm »
First person to suggest ' I appear to have inadvertently attempted to make a very lame and tired joke. I do apologise for the poor standard of my posts and I promise not to do it again ' as a song when he doesn't score for ten games is getting kicked out the #LFCFamily

Edit: Ok, I see I'm very late to the party.

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #17 on: June 23, 2015, 01:03:50 pm »

That was Baros I think.

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #18 on: June 23, 2015, 01:05:20 pm »
First person to suggest ' I appear to have inadvertently attempted to make a very lame and tired joke. I do apologise for the poor standard of my posts and I promise not to do it again ' as a song when he doesn't score for ten games is getting kicked out the #LFCFamily

Edit: Ok, I see I'm very late to the party.

Haha - obviously an Auto Correct, but what's the song?! Something D:Reamy?

Offline meady1981

• Confuses “Scottish” with “Scotch”.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LEGACY FAN
« Reply #19 on: June 23, 2015, 01:05:58 pm »
Haha - obviously an Auto Correct, but what's the song?! Something D:Reamy?

Professer Brian cox.

Offline Les Willis

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #20 on: June 23, 2015, 01:10:48 pm »
Ings is a Nordic word for marshland. You get a lot of Ings listed on maps in Yorkshire.

That's by the by. I like the sounds of him anyway. Seems to have the right attitude.

Offline RideTheWalrus

• Legacy Fan
  • Urge to kill rising...
« Reply #21 on: June 23, 2015, 01:11:25 pm »
Ings is a Nordic word for marshland. You get a lot of Ings listed on maps in Yorkshire.

That's by the by. I like the sounds of him anyway. Seems to have the right attitude.

Danny Marshland is such a better name
Pretty happy with Arse taking it.

Disappointing.
[/quote]

Offline Fordy

• Κασσάνδρα. ITK (rubs bridge of nose knowingly)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #22 on: June 23, 2015, 01:17:17 pm »
Class from Danny.

Hope he does well here.

Online Chris~

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #23 on: June 23, 2015, 01:29:29 pm »
“It is such a huge club. That was the thinking behind it. I wouldn’t want to go to Liverpool and chuck a shirt on my back like that … it is pressure you don’t need. The expectation at clubs like that is huge. Obviously I am going to work my socks off to earn that number one day. For now I will take a high number and work hard.

I don't know, he's working hard to get a high wage.

Offline Packalacky

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #24 on: June 23, 2015, 05:33:42 pm »
Really sound lad by the looks of things.

Offline C

• ock. Skinny bastard attempting to give himself a brekkie heart attack. Miserable, Unless we win of course.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25 on: June 23, 2015, 06:19:27 pm »
he's basically saying he's twice the player Gerrard is, cocky sh*t.
People still underrate Cristiano Ronaldo.

Offline Ollie81

• Boys Pen
« Reply #26 on: June 23, 2015, 06:54:00 pm »
Impressed with what he has said, looking forward to seeing in action, I guess we'll see lots of him during pre-season which should give us an idea how he will look with the rest of the lads

Offline Severely

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We go again
« Reply #27 on: June 24, 2015, 05:21:23 am »
For what it's worth, he seems like a tremendous bloke. Given his age and the fact that he was at Burnley just makes it all the more impressive that he seems extremely philanthropic and charitable.
HERE LIES JOSE MOURINHO

THE BALL WAS OVER THE LINE

R.I.P.

Offline jooneyisdagod

• Doesn't like having pussy round the house
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #28 on: June 24, 2015, 06:57:53 am »
He's not been cloistered by virtue of being at the academy of a big club the way many of these youngsters *Cough* *Raheem* *Cough* have. And it seems to have given him a refreshing perspective on the life of a professional footballer and he seems to such a great attitude to the game and his position.
Quote from: Dion Fanning

The chants for Kenny Dalglish that were heard again on Wednesday do not necessarily mean that the fans see him as the saviour. This is not Newcastle, longing for the return of Kevin Keegan. Simply, Dalglish represents everything Hodgson is not and, in fairness, everything Hodgson could or would not hope to be.

Offline RedKenWah

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #29 on: June 24, 2015, 07:13:16 am »
I think the one thing i would probably say to him after his latest comments about "cutting short his holidays" is instead of doing that, use it to relax more and then come to Liverpool and be properly settled in. We've seen too many times players who first come to the club and try their hardest which is amazing to see, but then things don't work out straight away for them. If he works hard but doesn't try too hard, and then eases his way into things then it'll be better for him.. well i think anyways.

Offline Packalacky

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #30 on: June 24, 2015, 07:22:45 am »
I think the one thing i would probably say to him after his latest comments about "cutting short his holidays" is instead of doing that, use it to relax more and then come to Liverpool and be properly settled in. We've seen too many times players who first come to the club and try their hardest which is amazing to see, but then things don't work out straight away for them. If he works hard but doesn't try too hard, and then eases his way into things then it'll be better for him.. well i think anyways.

Burnley didn't go very far in the cups, so he had mostly just 1 game per week last season. So don't think that will much of an issue.

Offline RedKenWah

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #31 on: June 24, 2015, 11:58:59 am »
Burnley didn't go very far in the cups, so he had mostly just 1 game per week last season. So don't think that will much of an issue.

Sorry bud what i meant wasn't so much actual playing time he's had, but i don't want him falling down the same route of how Robbie Keane was when he first started for us. Dead keen, wanting to impress and possibly trying to hard to impress rather then let his natural game come into play and then seeing the fruits of that hard work..

Obviously not comparing Danny Ings to Robbie Keane in any respect other than the "trying hard" aspect. Albeit he's not kicked a ball for us yet but well hopefully he does slightly better than good old Robbie Keane... :P

Offline idontknow

• idonowknowicanchangethisijustfoundouticould
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #32 on: June 24, 2015, 05:26:54 pm »

Wish I had an attitude as good as that myself.
It is a machine. It is more stupid than we are. It will not stop us from doing stupid things.

Offline Haggis36

• purveyor of better gifs than trendisnotdestiny
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #33 on: June 24, 2015, 05:32:42 pm »
Hard not to like the guy, everything he says and everything you read about him as a person seems overwhelmingly positive and I think he'll be a great character to have around. Absolute antithesis of Sterling in terms of attitude to the game.

Time will tell with his on the pitch contributions but I see no reason he couldn't become a really useful player here, and I hope he does well for us.

Offline fewmin' bedwetter

• Would appear to have great expectations......
  • Kopite
« Reply #34 on: June 24, 2015, 05:43:44 pm »
I have said before, I have high hopes - I have a feeling he might make himself quite hard for Brendan to leave out. I hope so anyway.
Interesting that in his last interview from the England camp, he suggested that it will be good for his development to play in different positions - so I wonder if Brendan has told him he might be getting some game time perhaps as a wide forward - Dirk Kuyt anyone?
NEVER starts a sentence with, "So..."

Offline Lone Star Red

• Tex
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #35 on: June 24, 2015, 06:04:57 pm »
Comes across that he's real good at being a real good human being. Charitable, humble, works hard.

The kind of stuff that makes you root a little extra harder for his success.
You cannot call overseas Liverpool supporters glory hunters. We’ve won one trophy this decade. If they’re glory hunters, they’re really bad ones. They’re actually journey hunters. It’s the journey and the story. Something about Liverpool has grabbed them." - Neil Atkinson (May, 2019)

"So don’t think about it – just play football.” - Jurgen Klopp

Offline Funky_Gibbons

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Follow the gourd
« Reply #36 on: June 24, 2015, 06:47:27 pm »
Starting for the U21's tonight, looks to be slightly deeper than Kane.
"And there are red and white scarves of Liverpool, and red and white bobble hats of Liverpool, and red and white rosettes of Liverpool, and nothing else. And the sun shines now."

Offline bird_lfc

• Would much rather have a good wank than get behind the team. Champion of Luke Shaw’s reputation.
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #37 on: June 24, 2015, 06:59:00 pm »
Starting for the U21's tonight, looks to be slightly deeper than Kane.

From what I've heard he's made an impact in the two previous games when he's come on and Kane has benefitted from playing alongside him?

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #38 on: June 24, 2015, 07:02:38 pm »
From what I've heard he's made an impact in the two previous games when he's come on and Kane has benefitted from playing alongside him?

I don't know about that. England haven't played particularly well so far and Kane hasn't been involved much. Even with Southgate introducing Ings, I don't think it's had much impact. That's not a reflection on Ings (or Kane for that matter), just the way England are playing, with their strikers not seeing the ball all that much. Maybe it'll be different now Ings is finally starting a game. Although from the teamsheet, it looks like he's playing in a no 10 position - Coutinho and Firmino best watch out :P
« Last Edit: June 24, 2015, 07:11:54 pm by Hazell »
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline RedHopper

• Hopping to a mightily lofty position and enjoying the view. If only custom titles could be in proportion to the member's average post length? My, what fun we could have! Imagine the sheer edification to be derived from testing the character limi
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #39 on: June 24, 2015, 07:32:21 pm »
I really really hope he's not disappointingly shit, because everything I read about him as a person makes me like him more.