Author Topic: Sunderland (0) v Liverpool (1) 30/12 FULL-TIME  (Read 42640 times)

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
Re: Sunderland (0) v Liverpool (1) 30/12 FULL-TIME
« Reply #640 on: December 31, 2015, 01:46:02 pm »
The Sky commentary last night was comically biased.

You should rather follow the RAWK commentary it's 10x better

Offline S

• pineless. Get no pleasure from seeing the Reds win.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Tonight, Tonight
« Reply #641 on: December 31, 2015, 01:47:27 pm »

When is that c*nt Tyler not , Quinn? Well you would expect him to be as a former player/ chairman and manager for a game or 2
Gary Neville can do a decent enough job of remaining impartial, even commentating on us. Quinn basically had his own player-cam on that youth player they subbed on.

Offline na fir dearg

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #642 on: December 31, 2015, 02:08:31 pm »
awful but got the win, Firmino very disappointing yet again, im not sure Coutinho, Lallana and Firmino together really works, would prefer if Ibe started

Offline Rush 82

• Seth Iffricans don't take the dog out for a walk - they take the line out!
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • From Cape Town to Anfield
« Reply #643 on: December 31, 2015, 02:26:47 pm »
Win, moan.
Draw, moan.
Lose, moan.

The only thing that changes is the thread length.
Not playing, moan

Offline jonkrux

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #644 on: December 31, 2015, 02:30:18 pm »
awful but got the win, Firmino very disappointing yet again, im not sure Coutinho, Lallana and Firmino together really works, would prefer if Ibe started

sorry but i have to firmly disagree, a bad touch and a header at the keeper from having 2 goals. Thought he played rather well.

Offline Rush 82

• Seth Iffricans don't take the dog out for a walk - they take the line out!
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • From Cape Town to Anfield
« Reply #645 on: December 31, 2015, 02:34:35 pm »
I disagree..out of the 3 of them I actually find Allardyce to be the most palatable, largely due to his sense of humour...he was clearly, bullishly taking the piss with those Real Madrid comments and he hates Mourinho which is a big plus.....love to beat him and his awful sides and he's still a bell but he's one who I love to hate...whereas with the po-faced, self-righteous Pulis and the unbelievably self-aggrandising Pardew, I just hate...
Much as I dislike him, I feel a sense of gratitude towards him for being the architect of LvGs long ball presser

Offline JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • President of the Harry Wilson fanclub
« Reply #646 on: December 31, 2015, 02:35:45 pm »
He's trying to improve and trying to do HIS bit for the team? Of course, he'll miss. It's part of development. We want him to be one of the best, but how will he become that if he doesn't try and improve? It's the bloody trade-off between wanting someone to improve and enduring the development period. It's what we get for trying to get the best youngsters.

Someone put it perfectly last night (paraphrased): "So, you want him to score, except the times that he doesn't?

The best don't shoot 5 times per 90 from outside the box.
There's literally no successful player in world football that does this. (in fact Balotelli is the only other player I can think of that does it)
You absolutely don't ever want a player doing it - there's just no way for it to be part of a successful attacking scheme

I think someone posted a couple of pages back that I was talking shit because Coutinho always looks for the pass before shooting... it baffles me someone could watch our games and think this or think it's fine for him to do what he's doing
He's CONSTANTLY shooting from outside the box on the left WITH players in the box - often multiple players

If he and we want him to 'be the best' he needs to understand how unlikely it is to score from where he's shooting from .. he's literally sacrificing 4 or 5 good attacking positions a game by giving the opposition the ball back.

And if you're someone whose reading this and doesn't agree ask yourself a) what top player shoots this much from outside the box and b) go and look at the shooting rates per 90 minutes of players in the league - he's shooting more than most strikers in the league 

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #647 on: December 31, 2015, 02:42:58 pm »
When Barcelona or Real Madrid make a bid for him next week, you will be eating those words. For me he is top five already, and he will be at the very top soon, hopefully still with us surrounded by players who can profit from his genius.

:lmao

And play where exactly? he's not going to be a starter at either, He'll be a bench warmer at both teams.

Offline Iloveyoumamadou

• Main Stander
« Reply #648 on: December 31, 2015, 03:16:44 pm »
Seen a lot of people saying 'get off Benteke's back he's just won us 6 points'. Why is he singularly credited with the wins? The whole team contributed and he put the finishing touch to team moves. Unfortunately the fact remains that his movement is a massive issue and seriously stunts our attacking play. In particular he has two movement habits which are detrimental to the team.

First issue is his constant movement to the back post whilst we build up play outside the box. Watch the Firmino compilation and get to the part where he hits the post. Firmino has initially received the ball back to goal and through his dribble dragged Brown away from his position. Lallana has occupied their left back and Moreno their right back. There is a huge space between Van Aanholt and Coates and all he has to do is make a simple run into it and he'll be in. Instead, he hangs around at the back post, forcing Firmino to turn again and eventually resort to taking a low percentage shot.

His other bad movement habit is never making a near post run when someone gets near the byline. Each time we actually do some decent wingplay and get to the byline he drops off and waits for the cutback. This time watch Can's compilation and get to where Can bursts past Cattermole down the right wing. If Benteke makes a near post run here he's in a fantastic position for a high percentage shot on goal. Instead he drops off almost to the edge of the D, a space Firmino already occupies, and the pass is easily intercepted. I believe this is what Can and Benteke were having a conversation about at the end of the game rather than about Benteke's missed one on one. I genuinely can't recall Benteke making a near post run during his time here, which is a massive problem because it's the best place to move when you want to finish cutbacks.

We've scored 8 goals in the 10 league games he has started and 14 goals in the 9 league games he has not started in. He's also played little part in our best high scoring games 3-1 Chelsea, 3-2 Villa, 4-1 City, 6-1 Southampton.

It seems harsh blaming one player for a team's attacking struggles but when the strikers style is so disconnected with the team behind him it becomes a real problem. I still believe he could be successful if given time to be coached and learn new movements, but there's not much patience in football and we can't really afford to wait for him. He's going to have to learn very fast if he's to be a success here. We still haven't seen Firmino, Coutinho and Sturridge on the same pitch. Surely those players along with Ibe, Origi,Ings and new signings are the way forward in terms of attacking within Klopp's system.

Online zero zero

• Karma's a bitch. Innit.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #649 on: December 31, 2015, 03:18:13 pm »
"Soft German." Allardyce is a Football First manager
:) Looking forward to him taking Sunderland down

Offline ThePeetmix

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #650 on: December 31, 2015, 03:19:40 pm »
sorry but i have to firmly disagree, a bad touch and a header at the keeper from having 2 goals. Thought he played rather well.

Plus people forget the shot which Mannone brilliantly tipped on to the post. That was a great effort.

It'll come for him, just seems to be struggling for confidence right now.

Offline Mighty_Red

• Rojo Poderoso!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • All hail the King...
    • Join the fight - SOS
« Reply #651 on: December 31, 2015, 03:19:55 pm »
When you get the 3 points away to a Fat Sam side, the positives are always going to outweigh the negatives.

The main positive is that we restricted them to only 1 or 2 chances in the whole match, and apart from the scramble caused by Firmino's botched clearance and the final desperate ball into the box Lovren and & Sakho dealt with them very well. I was surprised that Sunderland were not as physical in attack as you would expect, especially when you see how we struggled against Watford. 2 clean sheets shows real good progress from that dark day at Watford.

Of course the main neg was the attack. Our composure is just very bad, most of our chances were fluffed because we didn't have the coolness to ensure that the ball goes in, rather than hitting and hoping which is what we often do. Today we were defensively solid but we could've easily have conceded a flukey last minute goal if Sakho had to go off and we should never have let it get that close.

Not really sure what is wrong with Benteke, you would think that after scoring 2 goals, confidence would not be a problem but I think that's he's 3rd or 4th one-on-one that he has messed on since he has been here. I do agree with the point made earlier that he is an instinctive striker and not so good when he has to think a bit. He still needs to improve his fitness which is probably contributing to those missed chances (if you run halfway up the pitch you no longer have the energy to produce a composed finish). At the moment, he is scoring goals which means that at least there is something to work with.

The Coutinho issue is driven a bit by the fact that he is struggling to make a mark on the team in terms of assists and creating chances. If Sturridge was in the side, I guarantee he would be looking for the killer ball more often. He is often shooting because he feels he has to make something happen. Jurgen just needs to drill into him how to make better decisions, and he needs to ask himself -  is he in the right place to strike the ball well technically? If not, perhaps the shot is not on.

Still lots to do, but with players to come back we still have the chance to make those improvements. 9 points behind the leaders ain't too bad. We were 8 behind Arsenal in Feb 14.
Some clubs were always destined for greatness...

Offline Red-Soldier

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #652 on: December 31, 2015, 03:31:35 pm »
When you get the 3 points away to a Fat Sam side, the positives are always going to outweigh the negatives.

The main positive is that we restricted them to only 1 or 2 chances in the whole match, and apart from the scramble caused by Firmino's botched clearance and the final desperate ball into the box Lovren and & Sakho dealt with them very well. I was surprised that Sunderland were not as physical in attack as you would expect, especially when you see how we struggled against Watford. 2 clean sheets shows real good progress from that dark day at Watford.

Of course the main neg was the attack. Our composure is just very bad, most of our chances were fluffed because we didn't have the coolness to ensure that the ball goes in, rather than hitting and hoping which is what we often do. Today we were defensively solid but we could've easily have conceded a flukey last minute goal if Sakho had to go off and we should never have let it get that close.

Not really sure what is wrong with Benteke, you would think that after scoring 2 goals, confidence would not be a problem but I think that's he's 3rd or 4th one-on-one that he has messed on since he has been here. I do agree with the point made earlier that he is an instinctive striker and not so good when he has to think a bit. He still needs to improve his fitness which is probably contributing to those missed chances (if you run halfway up the pitch you no longer have the energy to produce a composed finish). At the moment, he is scoring goals which means that at least there is something to work with.

The Coutinho issue is driven a bit by the fact that he is struggling to make a mark on the team in terms of assists and creating chances. If Sturridge was in the side, I guarantee he would be looking for the killer ball more often. He is often shooting because he feels he has to make something happen. Jurgen just needs to drill into him how to make better decisions, and he needs to ask himself -  is he in the right place to strike the ball well technically? If not, perhaps the shot is not on.

Still lots to do, but with players to come back we still have the chance to make those improvements. 9 points behind the leaders ain't too bad. We were 8 behind Arsenal in Feb 14.

I like your optimism, however, we did have the best striker in the world playing for us then.

Offline Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #653 on: December 31, 2015, 03:39:21 pm »
Again, though, does Pardew really do this? He can be a very gobby and unlikable person, as the incidents with Myler(?) Pellegrini and Wenger have shown, but all of that is in the heat of the moment. For the most part, in his interviews, he is pretty calm and self-effacing. Given the fairly hefty stick he got from Newcastle fans for carrying the can of Ashley's incompetence, his response to beating them this year was mature and creditable. Likewise, his teams can be physical, and certainly use that to their advantage, but there isn't the same two-dimensional thuggery there is when facing a team managed by Allardyce or Pulis.

He was a game destroying thug as a player and has continued that as a manager. As for not being as bad as Allardcye or Pullis I think you need to look at the number of his players who were sent off against us when he was Newcastle manager. He may be more articulate and dresses a bit smarter but for me deep down he is every bit as bad as the other two.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline na fir dearg

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #654 on: December 31, 2015, 03:40:35 pm »
Plus people forget the shot which Mannone brilliantly tipped on to the post. That was a great effort.

It'll come for him, just seems to be struggling for confidence right now.

yeah, he doesnt look happy, maybe its just taking him a while to settle in to life in England

Offline ThePeetmix

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #655 on: December 31, 2015, 04:04:01 pm »
yeah, he doesnt look happy, maybe its just taking him a while to settle in to life in England

It might not be that. I think he just looks like any footballer where it doesn't seem to be happening for him. He just looks frustrated.

Offline welshred1976

• Legacy Fan
  • make us dream
« Reply #656 on: December 31, 2015, 04:46:16 pm »
What are the frey bentos comments on Twitter about?
“The status of the club is incredible, but it’s only until you come in it that you understand everything that goes on with the football club, with the Hillsborough Support Group ... it’s more than a football club, this is a way of life." Mr. Rodgers

Offline lukeb1981

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #657 on: December 31, 2015, 04:46:24 pm »
Gary Neville can do a decent enough job of remaining impartial, even commentating on us. Quinn basically had his own player-cam on that youth player they subbed on.
Yeah the headless chicken, typifies the British lion heart bollox , run around barging players of the ball and committing fouls but hey its ok because he wears his heart on his sleeve , thats why Engurland wont win anything anytime soon, players like that being played instead of more skillful  players because they wont get "stuck in as much"

Offline welshred1976

• Legacy Fan
  • make us dream
« Reply #658 on: December 31, 2015, 04:47:15 pm »
Did klopp say something in retaliation to the soft German comment?
“The status of the club is incredible, but it’s only until you come in it that you understand everything that goes on with the football club, with the Hillsborough Support Group ... it’s more than a football club, this is a way of life." Mr. Rodgers

Offline Zoomers

• Legacy Fan
  • Meow
« Reply #659 on: December 31, 2015, 04:48:33 pm »
I like your optimism, however, we did have the best striker in the world playing for us then.

We have one of the best strikers in the league on our sidelines. We just need to sacrifice 500 goats, 200 chickens and a fat sam so he can be fit to play.
Shut the fuck up and put some respek on Lucas name playboy

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #660 on: December 31, 2015, 04:50:48 pm »
What are the frey bentos comments on Twitter about?

Is that the Cuban leader who's been in power since the revolution in 1959?
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline BEAST

• IEBOY - TIME FOR BOCK BOCK!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Sturridge dance
« Reply #661 on: December 31, 2015, 04:51:06 pm »

How was this awful for an AWAY match?  During the Christmas break?  When Arsenal, Man City, Chelsea, Man Utd all failed to get 6 points???

No offense but some people here are fucking stupid.

Offline the good half

• these days is hard to find so please be gentle with this half of mine
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #662 on: December 31, 2015, 05:06:23 pm »
Is that the Cuban leader who's been in power since the revolution in 1959?
But what did you say then?

Offline JLStretton

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #663 on: December 31, 2015, 05:08:04 pm »
"It's not a problem," smiled the Liverpool boss. "A lot of people have said worse things about me.
choose Life.

Offline A Day 2 Remember

• Legacy Fan
  • At The End Of The Storm - Are we there yet??
« Reply #664 on: December 31, 2015, 05:36:55 pm »
2 goals 6 points.

I want to take this time to thank the players and staff for bringing some additional joy during and excellent Christmas period. Cheers lads and lasses hear is to a cracking new year.
5th times a charm

I want to read about a Welshman reclaiming our Kop and over engineering songs we have nicked. Priorities guys

Offline Gaz123456

• Legacy Fan
  • 2005 - The best and worst year of my life
    • Elite Financial Planning Consultants
« Reply #665 on: December 31, 2015, 06:04:56 pm »
A great late Christmas present with maximum points and gaining ground on our rivals.

How can anyone complain about that?

Offline Alf

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Leader of Alf Quaida & the Scaliban
« Reply #666 on: December 31, 2015, 07:01:50 pm »
Wasn't pretty but we got the win and a clean sheet so happy days.

Offline frag

• ile
  • Legacy Fan
  • We’ve been to...
« Reply #667 on: December 31, 2015, 07:25:02 pm »
We won, didn't play great but the main point is that we took 3 of them. Don't quite understand reaction on her sometimes, if we draw then people moan about not grinding out results etc

Offline Pistolero

• BELIEVE. My bad. This. Lol. Bless. Meh. Wow just wow. Hate on. The Ev. Phil.
  • Legacy Fan
  • A serpent's tooth...
« Reply #668 on: December 31, 2015, 08:26:12 pm »

This just in from the press conference...

hes nur Fett Englisch Arschloch mit einem großen dicken Kopf

They have life in them, they have humour, they're arrogant, they're cocky and they're proud. And that's what I want my team to be.

Offline bclfc

• Legacy Fan
  • I think my F5 has gone weird
    • The Who Boys
« Reply #669 on: December 31, 2015, 08:58:51 pm »
This just in from the press conference...

hes nur Fett Englisch Arschloch mit einem großen dicken Kopf

:lmao
"If people trust and love you, you will never walk alone." - Philippos

Quote from: shanklyboy on April  3, 2006, 12:04:44 AM

IF YOU'RE EVER SKINT ROMAN
          WE'VE GOT 5 EUROS

Offline markedasred

• Knowing me, Knowing you... ahaaa!!! Resident Large Canine.
  • Legacy Fan
  • No Murdoch in our house
« Reply #670 on: January 1, 2016, 08:45:36 pm »
"Soft German." Allardyce is a Football First manager
I find myself in agreement with Samuel Allardyce on this, Klopp is a soft German. Any self respecting German Manager would have covered Daniel Sturridge's legs in cheese as a muscle treatment, and he would not have missed a game since his arrival. Those are the facts.
"For those of you watching in black and white, Liverpool are the team with the ball"

Offline dnkw

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #671 on: January 2, 2016, 07:34:45 am »

He also said:

"The Hammers - maybe that is more my second name than soft."

Offline xbugawugax

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #672 on: January 2, 2016, 07:46:04 am »
Not playing, moan

cup tied, moan
loaned out, moan

the mods should seriously start a moaning thread where there will be centralized moaning. Keep the whoppers in one place. Maybe there would be less moaning in the other threads.