Author Topic: Injury news only thread. *  (Read 1924025 times)

Offline tossedandblown

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Current injury updates? not a transfer speculation thread
« Reply #320 on: December 30, 2013, 02:28:10 am »
The bench might as well be a fucking stool against Hull.

what's a 'fucking stool'?

;D

Offline StrikingMidfield

• Legacy Fan
  • A red and green heart
« Reply #321 on: December 30, 2013, 03:57:21 am »
FSG have got to be ready to open up the wallets and break the piggybanks this January if we're to make top 4 with these seemingly non-stop injuries.
Liverpool FC - Seattle Sounders FC

Offline benitezthered

• Kopite
  • Oh Campione...
« Reply #322 on: December 30, 2013, 11:06:30 am »
Looks like the Christmas schedule is taking it's toll on the squad. Think I saw a stat yesterday that said only one or two Chelsea players had started the three Christmas week games. Think ten of our eleven did...

These things happen - from memory we were pretty lucky last year with injuries, certainly up until the last month or two. Just need to add a couple of quality additions to the squad that will help cushion these inevitable blows.
Come the fuck in, or fuck the fuck off...

Offline Sir Harvest Fields

• And it burns, burns, burns, the ring of fire. Generally an all-round decent fella but owes a great debt to felines globally. And to Jim. Shine On, You Crazy Diamond. "Winston? Winston! WINSTON!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
  • RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
  • Quicker Than Yngwie? Maybe!
« Reply #323 on: December 30, 2013, 11:13:21 am »
Forgiven  :wave

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
"Woe to you, Oh Earth and Sea, for the Devil sends the beast with wrath, because he knows the time is short...Let him who hath understanding reckon the number of the beast for it is a human number, its number is Six hundred and sixty six."

Online redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #324 on: December 30, 2013, 11:15:12 am »
The bench might as well be a fucking stool against Hull.

;D
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline RoshanA

• Shows some fawcets of Paul Merson's character. Rashid clone. Lucas Leiva, midfield saviour
  • Kopite
« Reply #325 on: December 30, 2013, 11:28:49 am »
Twitter is buzzing with the Sakho being out for 2 months. But what's the original source?

Offline Twelfth Man

• Rhianna fan. my arse! Someone fill me in. Any takers? :) We are the fabulous CFC...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #326 on: December 30, 2013, 11:29:57 am »
Twitter is buzzing with the Sakho being out for 2 months. But what's the original source?
Fuck that would mean it was a grade 3 tear. I fucking hope not.
The courts, the rich, the powerful or those in authority never lie. It has been dealt with 'by the courts' nothing to see here run along.

Offline Upinsmoke

• Is a grump, get used to it.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #327 on: December 30, 2013, 11:31:36 am »
Well if we have sakho, allen and hendo missing for hull i would imagine agger moves into the middle and cissokho returns?

put phillipe in the hole and moses on the left, alberto alongside lucas?

Weak that...

Offline shockwave_dave

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #328 on: December 30, 2013, 11:32:18 am »

No source as he won't have a scan until today. It's just because it is a hamstring injury people are saying 2 months. I'd be surprised if it weren't 6-8 weeks

Offline [new username under construction]

• Poster formerly know as shadowbane. Never lost his head whilst others panicked. Fucking kopite!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Insert something awesome here!
« Reply #329 on: December 30, 2013, 11:32:34 am »
Fuck that would mean it was a grade 3 tear. I fucking hope not.

Can you even walk with that grade?

Offline Twelfth Man

• Rhianna fan. my arse! Someone fill me in. Any takers? :) We are the fabulous CFC...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #330 on: December 30, 2013, 11:35:08 am »
Can you even walk with that grade?
My bad: 
Grade 1 - 1 to 3 weeks

Grade 2 - 4 to 8 weeks

Grade 3 - 3 to 6 months. These may also require surgery.
The courts, the rich, the powerful or those in authority never lie. It has been dealt with 'by the courts' nothing to see here run along.

Offline Welshred

• CBE. To be fair to him, he is a massive twat. Professional Ladies' Arse Fondler. Possibly......we're not sure any more......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #331 on: December 30, 2013, 11:35:53 am »

2 months is the average for a small tear to heal

Not for a professional sportsman it isn't. If it's a small tear they'll aim for 21 days. Which is what Gerrard is coming up to isn't it?

Offline RoshanA

• Shows some fawcets of Paul Merson's character. Rashid clone. Lucas Leiva, midfield saviour
  • Kopite
« Reply #332 on: December 30, 2013, 11:38:12 am »
He kept trying to run a little after pulling the hamstring, instinctively to stop Torres... would this make the tear worst?

Offline Twelfth Man

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #333 on: December 30, 2013, 11:39:18 am »
He kept trying to run a little after pulling the hamstring, instinctively to stop Torres... would this make the tear worst?
You would think so.

Offline steveeastend

• Learnt to play them drums
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #334 on: December 30, 2013, 11:45:31 am »
Well if we have sakho, allen and hendo missing for hull i would imagine agger moves into the middle and cissokho returns?

put phillipe in the hole and moses on the left, alberto alongside lucas?

Weak that...

No, not at all. It depends on the effort they put in, if they all give 100% in terms of movement without the ball and being on full concentration we should win this.
One thing does need to be said: in the post-Benitez era, there was media-led clamour (but also some politicking going on at the club) to make the club more English; the idea being that the club had lost the very essence of what it means to be ‘Liverpool’. Guillem Ballague 18/11/10

Offline Currywurst

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #335 on: December 30, 2013, 11:45:59 am »
And the fool who was pretending to be an expert summariser on the TV kept shouting that he couldn't understand why he just let Torres get by him. It was obvious long before that that Sakho was injured and just trying his best to get back into position on one leg.
Füreinander, nicht jeder für sich.

Offline tossedandblown

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #336 on: December 30, 2013, 12:10:10 pm »
does someone who knows about training / sports science please have ideas on why we're getting so many injuries, or is it just bad luck?

We seem to be getting a lot of muscle injuries...

Offline Twelfth Man

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #337 on: December 30, 2013, 12:26:34 pm »
does someone who knows about training / sports science please have ideas on why we're getting so many injuries, or is it just bad luck?

Thin squad, Xmas run of games in a short period. Fatigue can cause these type of injuries.

Offline tossedandblown

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #338 on: December 30, 2013, 12:33:49 pm »
Thin squad, Xmas run of games in a short period. Fatigue can cause these type of injuries.

thanks.

so nothing to do with a heavy pre-season or other training factors?

Offline Fordy

• Κασσάνδρα. ITK (rubs bridge of nose knowingly)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #339 on: December 30, 2013, 12:34:59 pm »
No really fussed.

It's time for FSG to put their hands in their pockets now.

Offline steveeastend

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #340 on: December 30, 2013, 12:37:12 pm »

I really do think that the F.A. should rethink the fixture list in this country. With the intensity of the game going up, the miles/game for a player almost doubled over the last couple of years and it's impossible for the players to get through such packed fixture list without injuries. It's been always insane but now it has become borderline stupid IMO...
One thing does need to be said: in the post-Benitez era, there was media-led clamour (but also some politicking going on at the club) to make the club more English; the idea being that the club had lost the very essence of what it means to be ‘Liverpool’. Guillem Ballague 18/11/10

Offline west_london_red

• Knows his stuff - pull the udder one! RAWK's Dairy Queen.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • watching me? but whose watching you watching me?
« Reply #341 on: December 30, 2013, 12:37:18 pm »

Fatigue really shoudnt play a part surely? Yes we have had a busy 10 days or so, but lets not forget we have been playing a game a week for most of the season so I cant see fatigue as an issue. Also, lets not forget that Allen has only played a few games the whole season since Gerrard has been out, and neither Sakho or Hando have played every game, all have missed/been rotated every once in a while especially earlier in the season.

Sometime you are just unluky.

Of the earlier injuries, no injury is a surprise at Gerrards age. The one that was preventable in my very amature opinion I should add I would say was Sturridges as he'd been suffering with it for a while and instead of resting it seemed determined to want to play for England (who seemed determined to want to pick him)

PS thin squad is definitly an issue, are still a lot of gaps in the squad including even positions like the midfield where we were quite well stocked at the begining on the season.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2013, 12:40:29 pm by west_london_red »
Thinking is overrated.
The mind is a tool, it's not meant to be used that much.
Rest, love, observe. Laugh.

Offline steveeastend

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #342 on: December 30, 2013, 12:39:07 pm »
Fatigue really shoudnt play a part surely? Yes we have had a busy 10 days or so, but lets not forget we have been playing a game a week for most of the season so I cant see fatigue as an issue. Also, lets not forget that Allen has only played a few games the whole season since Gerrard has been out, and neither Sakho or Hando have played every game, all have missed/been rotated every once in a while especially earlier in the season.

Of the earlier injuries, no injury is a surprise at Gerrards age. The one that was preventable in my very amature opinion I should add I would say was Sturridges as he'd been suffering with it for a while and instead of resting it seemed determined to want to play for England (who seemed determined to want to pick him)

Mourinho and Gardiola were refering to the intensity being too much for the players nowadays. It's tacking away a lot of quality at the moment, players are pushed to their limits in a way that injuries are inevitable...

Offline Welshred

• CBE. To be fair to him, he is a massive twat. Professional Ladies' Arse Fondler. Possibly......we're not sure any more......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #343 on: December 30, 2013, 12:39:42 pm »

How many games you have played previously in the season has absolutely no bearing on how fatigued you'll be playing 3 games in 8 days with the 3rd game of that lot coming 2 days after the 2nd.

Offline west_london_red

• Knows his stuff - pull the udder one! RAWK's Dairy Queen.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • watching me? but whose watching you watching me?
« Reply #344 on: December 30, 2013, 12:46:36 pm »
How many games you have played previously in the season has absolutely no bearing on how fatigued you'll be playing 3 games in 8 days with the 3rd game of that lot coming 2 days after the 2nd.

So we need a bigger/better squad basically? I also suppose it didnt help that in both of our last two games we were chasing a result rather then comfortably in the lead.
Thinking is overrated.
The mind is a tool, it's not meant to be used that much.
Rest, love, observe. Laugh.

Offline Fordy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #345 on: December 30, 2013, 12:52:22 pm »
I really do think that the F.A. should rethink the fixture list in this country. With the intensity of the game going up, the miles/game for a player almost doubled over the last couple of years and it's impossible for the players to get through such packed fixture list without injuries. It's been always insane but now it has become borderline stupid IMO...

Or we should get a better squad and buy better players?

Offline Mutton Geoff

• 'The Invigilator'
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Life is a journey, not a destination.
« Reply #346 on: December 30, 2013, 12:56:55 pm »

weird logic, we are not City!

as for the injury problems this happens, but if you compare it to the Souness era we are not doing that bad injury wise.
A world were Liars and Hypocrites are accepted and rewarded and honest people are derided!
Who voted in this lying corrupt bastard anyway

« Reply #347 on: December 30, 2013, 01:08:02 pm »
Is it confirmed Henderson is injured?

Offline alfonso

• Simply adores orange squash. With not one, not two either, but yea verily with three, that is correct, THREE ice cubes therein! Do not forget his straw though.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • Salford - crime capital of England
« Reply #348 on: December 30, 2013, 01:09:54 pm »
As soon as I saw Sarko pull up I remembered the same thing happening to me. I was out for 4 months (but I played on or I should say I stood and hobbled about in agony for 20 minutes as all our subs were on), but I never rushed back nor had the treatment/rehab available like he has. It looked like a grade 2. I would say 2 months.
"I know Liverpool fans care more about their club's success than the national team." Rafael Benitez

"Still we've had the hard times too - one year we finished second." Bob Paisley

"When zonal marking goes wrong, the system is blamed. When man-to-man marking fails, an individual is blamed and the system goes uncriticised." A LFC fan talking sense

Offline Fordy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #349 on: December 30, 2013, 01:12:55 pm »
weird logic, we are not City!

as for the injury problems this happens, but if you compare it to the Souness era we are not doing that bad injury wise.

How the hell is it a weird logic?

Yes I know we're not City but if our bench and poor signings like Aspas don't highlight to you or the owners that we need more players then nothing will.

Offline Believe

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #350 on: December 30, 2013, 01:19:57 pm »
Any news on Allen?

Gutted for Sakho it is a position we have plenty of cover for. I would be heartbroken for Joe if just after coming in and doing so well he had another lengthy lay off.

Offline Mutton Geoff

• 'The Invigilator'
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #351 on: December 30, 2013, 01:23:01 pm »
Fordy i can't really judge Aspas yet as he hasn't played enough,

but throwing money at players gets you Adam for example we want the right people and if they are not available now i would rather save the money for when they are.

Also i would improve the squad from a position of strength and not just panic buys for injury cover.

however this is a diversion and maybe the WTF area is the place for it,

as for Injuries it occurs for all clubs its how the others step up to replace them that's important so as good as Sakho has been maybe Agger and Skrtel or Toure will have a few storming games and we wont miss him so much.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2013, 01:26:00 pm by Touchstone »
A world were Liars and Hypocrites are accepted and rewarded and honest people are derided!

Offline steveeastend

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #352 on: December 30, 2013, 01:52:34 pm »

That always helps. :)

Offline tossedandblown

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #353 on: December 30, 2013, 02:04:51 pm »

totally agreed.

e.g. the overall game yesterday suffered cos the players were tired & surely was part of the reason that the Man City game was a much better footballing spectacle.

given the intensity of the Premier League, wouldn't 3 matches in 11 days be enough over Christmas & New Year rather than 4 in 11 days?

Playing so many games benefits the richest clubs with the biggest playing squads of quality.

Offline Fordy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #354 on: December 30, 2013, 02:10:34 pm »
That always helps. :)

Carely Touchstone doesn't

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #355 on: December 30, 2013, 02:21:14 pm »
I've seen 2 months floating around for Sakho, any idea if this is correct?

« Reply #356 on: December 30, 2013, 02:39:27 pm »
Maybe also try to improve the players we have here

Offline ElstonGunn

• is Billy Beane
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #357 on: December 30, 2013, 03:54:59 pm »

PS thin squad is definitly an issue, are still a lot of gaps in the squad including even positions like the midfield where we were quite well stocked at the begining on the season.
It's easily demonstrable that there are more injuries during the festive period, for all teams (most of which aren't in Europe and don't last more than 2 rounds in the LC). So many games in a short period definitely contributes to more injuries.

Offline Mutton Geoff

• 'The Invigilator'
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #358 on: December 30, 2013, 04:12:46 pm »
Carely Touchstone doesn't

Carely  ::)

well you clearly didn't understand his smillie :lmao

But lets take this idea  and play with it, how many players do you think are injured and how many do you think we would need to buy to replace them who are of the same or better quality?

Then how big is our budget and are there any other areas without injuries right now  that may be more important to upgrade. Also how can we offload some of these players we won't need when they are fit?

Think long term not next week Fordy!

Offline Red-Soldier

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #359 on: December 30, 2013, 04:32:41 pm »
Allen is out for a few weeks and Sakho is still being looked at by the medical team, I would guess at a couple of months though with a hamstring pull or tear.  It might be sooner though if Gerrard is anything to go by.

Hopefully we can get some new bodies in during the window to help relieve the situation.  Our strongest first 11 is quality and capable of beating anyone but our squad isn't the deepest and is suffering at the moment.

Good teams can win matches but it takes a deep squad to win a championship.