Author Topic: Darwin Núñez (Darwin Gabriel Núñez Ribeiro)  (Read 1036628 times)

Online mullyred94

• Legacy Fan
  • Darwin Nunez's lovechild
Re: Darwin Núñez (Darwin Gabriel Núñez Ribeiro)
« Reply #14560 on: April 18, 2024, 09:56:49 pm »
My patience with him has gone. Can’t imagine Edwards is impressed. Sell him now while we might still get decent money and go get Watkins.

are you fishing?

Online Dench57

• Self-confessed tit. Can't sit still. She's got the hippy hippy crack.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14561 on: April 18, 2024, 09:56:51 pm »
Darwin's is the thread people are going to after that performance  :o
Loving Everton's business this summer. Here's an early call - they finish above Liverpool this season.
- Richard Keys (@richardajkeys) July 9, 2017

Offline HeartAndSoul

• OneWillBurn
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RedOrDead
« Reply #14562 on: April 18, 2024, 09:56:57 pm »
Did he do anything of note with the ball? Lost the ball twice within a minute of coming on then done nothing else

Online DelTrotter

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #14563 on: April 18, 2024, 09:57:03 pm »
This place is insane, what the fuck was he meant to do with a few hoofs at him in 25 mins?

Offline Wool

• eBack
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14564 on: April 18, 2024, 09:57:40 pm »
Yeah the reactions are genuinely insane.

Online mullyred94

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #14565 on: April 18, 2024, 09:57:46 pm »
sell the whole forward line we don't deserve any of them to be honest

Online Stockholm Syndrome

• Djurgården Disease
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14566 on: April 18, 2024, 09:57:53 pm »
I was going to post about this thread shooting up after this match as a joke, just to see it actually happening.

I actually cannot believe this place. It's like a fucking parody now

Offline kingmonkey007

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #14567 on: April 18, 2024, 09:59:20 pm »
Did he do anything of note with the ball? Lost the ball twice within a minute of coming on then done nothing else

Jota lost it 3 times in his first 5 minutes but Steve McManaman failed to mention that so guess you wouldn't have known.  ::)

Offline Buster Gonad

• Kopite
« Reply #14568 on: April 18, 2024, 10:01:45 pm »
Zero impact.

And Jota, Elliot Danns,or the three forwards that started.  Well mo got a penalty I suppose but it's a bad night to be trying to lay blame on Nunez

Offline AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14569 on: April 18, 2024, 10:03:04 pm »
Yeah I’m not his biggest fan at all but can’t be blamed for tonight.

Online PEG2K

• Could be Stan Boardman. Hates the Germans.
  • Kopite
« Reply #14570 on: April 18, 2024, 10:03:13 pm »
Oh come on guys. Most people in this thread probably remember me as the guy who has nothing good to say about Nunez. But he shouldn't take any blame today. We couldn't move the ball past our halfway line. What do you expect the forwards to do? Drop back and dribble all the way up?

Offline Dave D

• Dozy, Beaky, Mick and Tich
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14571 on: April 18, 2024, 10:06:17 pm »
Let’s be honest. The new manager will have to sell to buy and Nunez will probably one of the names at the top of the list to sell. I’m not sure what we’d get for him, £20m-£30m maybe. He tried, it wasn’t good enough.

Online mullyred94

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #14572 on: April 18, 2024, 10:08:25 pm »
Let’s be honest. The new manager will have to sell to buy and Nunez will probably one of the names at the top of the list to sell. I’m not sure what we’d get for him, £20m-£30m maybe. He tried, it wasn’t good enough.

Maybe per limb

Offline Buster Gonad

• Kopite
« Reply #14573 on: April 18, 2024, 10:08:57 pm »

Utter shite. Even Timo werner was sold back to leipzig for that kind of money  ;D

Online MonsLibpool

• Glass always half empty.......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14574 on: April 18, 2024, 10:10:31 pm »
He came with not long to go. LOL.

This has little to do with him.

Offline rawcusk8

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14575 on: April 18, 2024, 10:10:39 pm »
When Klopp leaves I genuinely hope some of our so called fans fuck off too, no idea what it means to support the players. Nowhere to be seen when we’re winning and doing well but like cockroaches crawling out the woodwork when things are going bad.
“If you even dream of beating me you'd better wake up and apologize.” - muhammad ali

Offline JP!

• An infinite ocean of joy. May in fact be the reincarnation of the Buddha.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Save us Fowler
    • Cranky Englishman - Yes, that's me.
« Reply #14576 on: April 18, 2024, 10:10:58 pm »
This thread is the worst on the site.

If you can honestly watch that tonight and your first thought be about selling or criticising Nunez you are absolutely off your fucking bonce.
I don't agree, he'd go to Legoland. Bye.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14577 on: April 18, 2024, 10:11:43 pm »
I mean, we couldn’t even get the ball to him. Not sure what he can do about that.

Online Stockholm Syndrome

• Djurgården Disease
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14578 on: April 18, 2024, 10:12:04 pm »
This thread is the worst on the site.

If you can honestly watch that tonight and your first thought be about selling or criticising Nunez you are absolutely off your fucking bonce.

A fucking achievement if I ever saw one these days too

Offline amir87

• gay-billeygoat-no-mates with a fetish for water sports. interrogative fingering, and nutella on his plums. possibly with his left phalange.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14579 on: April 18, 2024, 10:12:43 pm »
He could have been subbed on in the last minute and some of the clowns would still bump this thread.

Offline Irishred1

• Anny Roader
« Reply #14580 on: April 18, 2024, 10:15:16 pm »
Scape goat alert

Online Sheer Magnetism

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14581 on: April 18, 2024, 10:17:07 pm »
He did nothing when he came on but c'mon, this has very little or nothing to do with Nunez.

Offline Father Ted

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #14582 on: April 18, 2024, 10:22:45 pm »
He barely got a sniff thanks to us collectively forgetting how to string an attack together (one tame header when the game was long gone aside).

Not his biggest fan, but it’s definitely not on him tonight.

Online Draex

• Geek God of Typing Letters. Hugo unleashes Jaws? Purveyor of fuel products in Kent.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14583 on: April 18, 2024, 10:23:39 pm »
His first two involvements was to lose the ball, of course he can do better, they all can.

Offline hoganballs

• Kemlynite
« Reply #14584 on: April 18, 2024, 10:29:37 pm »
He’s a big athletic guy who runs about a lot but outside that there’s not much else. Michael Owen said on the Simon Jordan podcast that footballers were more skilful in his day and thats nowadays all you need to be is athletic and pass a ball from point A to point B. Nunez certainly gives credence to that point of view.

Offline kingmonkey007

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #14585 on: April 18, 2024, 10:31:18 pm »
He’s a big athletic guy who runs about a lot but outside that there’s not much else. Michael Owen said on the Simon Jordan podcast that footballers were more skilful in his day and thats nowadays all you need to be is athletic and pass a ball from point A to point B. Nunez certainly gives credence to that point of view.

I stopped reading when you said the names Michael Owen and Simon Jordan.

Offline Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #14586 on: April 18, 2024, 10:33:58 pm »

Fantastic source mate. You should post what Owen says to Jordan more often.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline harryc

• ane ;)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We All Live in a Red and a White Kop
« Reply #14587 on: April 18, 2024, 10:36:19 pm »
Not his fault tonight we couldn’t progress the ball out of defence apart from the endless hoofing.

Offline jonnypb

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT97
« Reply #14588 on: April 18, 2024, 10:41:30 pm »
Not his fault tonight we couldn’t progress the ball out of defence apart from the endless hoofing.

Exactly and when it was played long on the odd occasion to Nunez, Jota and Danns weren’t there to win the second ball. We had nearly 15 mins when these 3 were on the pitch together and we barely played a ball up to them.

Offline hoganballs

• Kemlynite
« Reply #14589 on: April 18, 2024, 10:41:43 pm »
Fantastic source mate. You should post what Owen says to Jordan more often.

Thank you, I might just do that.

Stick a 6ft 2 fit as a fiddle triathlete in there and ask him to run about a lot and he’d also cause havoc.
But for 75 million, you’d at least expect a good touch. He’s a slightly more polished version of Andy Carroll, and that’s being kind.

Offline dirkster

• Legacy Fan
  • Dirk Kuyt. Working Class hero
« Reply #14590 on: April 18, 2024, 10:46:20 pm »

Stick a 6ft 2 fit as a fiddle triathlete in there and ask him to run about a lot and he’d also cause havoc.
But for 75 million, you’d at least expect a good touch. He’s a slightly more polished version of Andy Carroll, and that’s being kind.
Well that's just a load of crap isn't it. Do you really think Carroll would've scored the kind of goals Nunez did against Newcastle or Brentford, or Burnley?!

Offline LallanaInPyjamas

• Keita's shit, Bundesliga's shit, Bundesliga 2's shit
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2020 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #14591 on: April 18, 2024, 10:47:02 pm »
He’s a slightly more polished version of Andy Carroll, and that’s being kind.

That's not how the song goes, although if any fans are likely to sing something as polite as that, it's Fulham on Sunday.

Offline jonnypb

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT97
« Reply #14592 on: April 18, 2024, 10:47:48 pm »

He’s got way better stats than Andy Carroll for Liverpool, but don’t let that ruin your narrative!

Offline kasperoff

• Legacy Fan
  • What happened to Sabu?
« Reply #14593 on: April 18, 2024, 10:48:30 pm »
Not really the night to be ragging on Darwin. Barely got the ball to him.
I think the same, can't stand him, but if you could have a £1million pound cheque or steve bruces head hollowed out and filled with pound coins which would you have?

Offline Buster Gonad

• Kopite
« Reply #14594 on: April 19, 2024, 12:52:41 am »

I mean obviously you're a troll but quoting a player who's career nose dived when he lost his athletic ability to prove that players now are only about athletic ability hardly works.  Owen played in an era when we had a myriad of players who lacked technical ability .

Offline G Richards

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #14595 on: April 19, 2024, 01:36:02 am »
Darwin Nunez was fed crumbs when he came on. The whole team didn’t create anything in the second half.

The plus and minus points for him have been done to death. He scores goals and gets assists. He also misses too many. Of course all strikers miss chances, but Nunez misses more than he should. He is fast, strong, and causes defenders problems. If he stays as is, he’s a solid enough player but there is an understandable longing for better, especially given the strikers we’ve had over the years. But not so fast. Maybe Nunez will kick on a bit more with playing regularly and being a main man in a post-Salah world.

And it remains to be seen what sort of tune the new manager will get out of him.

Definitely keep, for me.

Offline Zlen

• Suspicious of systems. But getting lots.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14596 on: April 19, 2024, 06:56:09 am »
None of the attacking subs saw the ball at all last night. I remember Danns losing one, Darwin a couple and Jota few more. All were horrible hoofs or uncontrolled panic passes in their general direction.

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #14597 on: April 19, 2024, 06:59:34 am »
I think the right tactic to beat their press was either knock it into the channels for him or a long ball for a flick on.  But you need people close to him for that
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Dree

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #14598 on: April 19, 2024, 09:37:12 am »
None of the attacking subs saw the ball at all last night. I remember Danns losing one, Darwin a couple and Jota few more. All were horrible hoofs or uncontrolled panic passes in their general direction.

It’s something Klopp used to do more when we were losing early on: bring on all the strikers we have but cede the midfield even more. Flashbacks to Sevilla with Benteke, Origi, and Sturridge gazing on with no hope of seeing the ball.

Offline groove

• eeeeee baby!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14599 on: April 19, 2024, 10:14:53 am »
Regardless of your eye-test on him, we create more shots when he's on the pitch than when he's not. You can't drop him when you need 3 goals. Maybe you'd take him off when you're narrowly leading and you want someone who can chase, press and make the ball stick up front a little more to relieve pressure, but I simply don't understand the strategy of not playing your most shot-heavy footballer when you need to be scoring.