Author Topic: Arsenal: Top of the divers league  (Read 321378 times)

Offline Terry de Niro

• Cellar dweller fella, ya know
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Are you talkin' to me or chewin' a brick?
They taught me to acknowledge when someone is in need of attention, even if the conversation has nothing to do with them.
I'm guessing dirkster is an LFC fan on an LFC forum.
Just because this is an Arsenal thread that, shouldn't stop the likes of dirkster from making comments on here.

Online The North Bank

• Can even make the sun shine in Manchester - once in a blue moon...
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
I'm guessing dirkster is an LFC fan on an LFC forum.
Just because this is an Arsenal thread that, shouldn't stop the likes of dirkster from making comments on here.

Next time he could just DM me, something like “hi TNB, please notice me” , doesnt matter who he supports, i dont let my fans down.

Offline Terry de Niro

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
Next time he could just DM me, something like “hi TNB, please notice me” , doesnt matter who he supports, i dont let my fans down.

Maybe you should DM all the LFC fans on this forum, "please notice me"  before you bump this thread time and time again?  ;)

Offline dirkster

• Legacy Fan
  • Dirk Kuyt. Working Class hero
Bit touchy this evening aren't we petal. Season hasn't even started. A tad early for a meltdown. We're not even at the business end of the season yet.

Offline Terry de Niro

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
Bit touchy this evening aren't we petal. Season hasn't even started. A tad early for a meltdown. We're not even at the business end of the season yet.
;D

Offline Bennett

• Legacy Fan
That chelsea team finished 6th…. It was bang average.

Wonder how long youve been watching football, maybe it was before your time so you’re relying on the record books.

I'm on Team Arsenal here. Chelsea had/have greater longevity I suppose but that's what you get when you throw billions of rubles at a sporting project. At least Arsenal did theirs in a fairly honourable way that relied on great scouting, smart acquisition, proper coaching etc.

Also, Arsenal in that era under Wenger were the only side in my life I've ever been scared of being absolutely tonked by. We went toe-to-toe with the best United sides throughout the years, but Arsenal could take a game away from you in 20 minutes. They'd score goals that you'd analyse after and go "well how the fuck are you supposed to stop that?"

Last thing, and I guess Drogba was special too to be fair, but Henry was beyond sensational. I watched games just to watch what Henry would do. He was magic.

Online The North Bank

• Legacy Fan

Its going to be a great season, and this will be the best thread again.

Offline Terry de Niro

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan

Last thing, and I guess Drogba was special too to be fair, but Henry was beyond sensational. I watched games just to watch what Henry would do. He was magic.
Henry was, without a doubt, the best ever.
Can't deny that. 

Online The North Bank

• Legacy Fan
Maybe you should DM all the LFC fans on this forum, "please notice me"  before you bump this thread time and time again?  ;)

I already do.  Obviously i cant message everyone so i save it for the knowledgeable and brilliant ones.

I regret to inform you that youre not one of them.

Online The North Bank

• Legacy Fan
Can't deny that.

No this is not fun.

Offline Bennett

• Legacy Fan
I already do.  Obviously i cant message everyone so i save it for the knowledgeable and brilliant ones.

The North Bank writing this post

Online The North Bank

• Legacy Fan
I'm on Team Arsenal here. Chelsea had/have greater longevity I suppose but that's what you get when you throw billions of rubles at a sporting project. At least Arsenal did theirs in a fairly honourable way that relied on great scouting, smart acquisition, proper coaching etc.

Also, Arsenal in that era under Wenger were the only side in my life I've ever been scared of being absolutely tonked by. We went toe-to-toe with the best United sides throughout the years, but Arsenal could take a game away from you in 20 minutes. They'd score goals that you'd analyse after and go "well how the fuck are you supposed to stop that?"

Youll be on my DM list soon.

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
Can't deny that.

and part of a great team there, but he had to leave Arsenal to win a CL, says it all about Wenger in Europe  :P

Offline Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi

Thanks for the latest message, North Bank

;)
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Online The North Bank

• Legacy Fan
Thanks for the latest message, North Bank

;)

Youre very welcome mate.

Im not expecting a thank you from all the brilliant posters who receive my messages. You know who you are.

Online PaulF

• https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/paulfelce
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing feels as good as fat tastes.
Wouldn't most of the Chelsea trophies have been under Maureen. Not hard to see why he would rate those teams as highly.

--edit-- does that get me on the TNB dm list?
"All the lads have been talking about is walking out in front of the Kop, with 40,000 singing 'You'll Never Walk Alone'," Collins told BBC Radio Solent. "All the money in the world couldn't buy that feeling," he added.

Offline MBL?

• England Rugby Union's biggest fan. Accepts nothing smaller than 6.5 you know......
  • Legacy Fan
Why have we new threads for other teams?

Also we use uk plugs in Ireland so they are useful in the EU.

Online The North Bank

• Legacy Fan
Wouldn't most of the Chelsea trophies have been under Maureen. Not hard to see why he would rate those teams as highly.

--edit-- does that get me on the TNB dm list?

I thought you wanted to remain anonymous (not sure why, its so prestigious).

Cashley did talk about the difference between wenger and jose. He said wenger didnt really do tactics, he just told them to go out and play and gave him licence to attack at will, Mourinho would go as far as telling the players who he wanted on the ball and who shouldn’t be on the ball, and restricted cole to staying inside his own half, which was hard for him to adapt to. He actually came across very knowledgeable, surprised hes been a failure as a coach so far. Probably not enough money in it for him to try hard.

Offline Terry de Niro

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan

You're not very good at this, are you?
« Last Edit: August 1, 2023, 10:46:25 pm by Terry de Niro »

Online The North Bank

• Legacy Fan
You're not very good at this, are you?

This was the topic 2 hours ago, you need to move on swiftly. Nimble answers are crucial if you want to join the elite level posters.

Offline Terry de Niro

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
This was the topic 2 hours ago, you need to move on swiftly. Nimble answers are crucial if you want to join the elite level posters.
And you need to sort your grammar out before you have your inevitable meltdown next season when you will surely bottle it again against the cheats.   :wave

Offline Terry de Niro

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
and part of a great team there, but he had to leave Arsenal to win a CL, says it all about Wenger in Europe  :P
;D

Offline A Red Abroad

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We had dreams and songs to sing
Youre very welcome mate.

Im not expecting a thank you from all the brilliant posters who receive my messages. You know who you are.

Yeah, but thanks anyway mate. :)
My marmoset, to get things done,
You fell in Loch Ness with Major Tom.

Offline Brain Potter

• Embarrassing. Likes to listen through the walls....Auralist Extrodinaire!
  • Legacy Fan
I see Arsenal are contemplating signing a new goalkeeper… never been convinced by Ramsdale… he’s Pickford mk 2 in my opinion.

Online The North Bank

• Legacy Fan
Yeah, but thanks anyway mate. :)

Can people stop messaging me “why is red abroad on the elite list, hes just a bellend”

Jealousy wont get you anywhere.

Online The North Bank

• Legacy Fan
I see Arsenal are contemplating signing a new goalkeeper… never been convinced by Ramsdale… he’s Pickford mk 2 in my opinion.

The way I see it Matt Turner wants to go to forest to be no 1 . Raya has been told he can come to arsenal and fight for the shirt, dont think hed be replacing Ramsdale to start the season, but he clearly backs himself because he’s reportedly told brentford he’s very keen on the move.

Online The North Bank

• Legacy Fan
We dont seem very good at selling players, everyone wants 40m+ every time we want a player but then they bid 10-15m or loan deals with options if they want a player off us. 50m price tag on balogun, doubt anyone will bid. Hes scored a tonne more goals last season than that kid united just bought for 70m.

Offline Prof

• fessor Yaffle. Full tosser.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
    • The Alternative Premier League Table
No he said he played in some great chelsea teams but that arsenal team was something else… and it was.
Totaly agree.  That Arsenal team was a great side.  As much as those Chelsea teams were effective and got results, they were comparatively awful to watch and as with all the financially doped clubs, they didn't have the same soul.

I think attacking players will always prefer to play in a side that has more freedom.

Online JRed

• After a 2L bottle of strongbow I’d do anything!
  • Legacy Fan
Arsenal will be in contention for top 4. It will be a battle between them and united for 4th/5th. They will find out that Deccers is nowhere near a £100m player.

Online The North Bank

• Legacy Fan
Arsenal will be in contention for top 4. It will be a battle between them and united for 4th/5th. They will find out that Deccers is nowhere near a £100m player.

I think we ll finish 2nd and 3rd and 4th will be between Liverpool and United. Thats basing it on now in terms of the transfer market, it could still change. I do hope everyone can get closer to city, maybe they might dip with all the players that have left them, but thats more wishful thinking than expectation.

Online JRed

• Legacy Fan
I think we ll finish 2nd and 3rd and 4th will be between Liverpool and United. Thats basing it on now in terms of the transfer market, it could still change. I do hope everyone can get closer to city, maybe they might dip with all the players that have left them, but thats more wishful thinking than expectation.
Arsenal benefited from Liverpool and Chelsea having dreadful seasons, I don’t think that will happen again , plus Arsenal have the CL to contend with for the first time in a while. They had their chance to go for the title last season but blew up at Anfield and then couldn’t recover.

Online PaulF

• https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/paulfelce
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing feels as good as fat tastes.

Football inflation may well make that untrue. They've got four years of him without worrying about decline.
We just sold Hendo for £12m, a player we were looking to ease out of the squad.
Don't get me wrong , I don't think any player is worth £100m quid, it's an insane amount of money, but in this landscape...
"All the lads have been talking about is walking out in front of the Kop, with 40,000 singing 'You'll Never Walk Alone'," Collins told BBC Radio Solent. "All the money in the world couldn't buy that feeling," he added.

Online The North Bank

• Legacy Fan
Arsenal benefited from Liverpool and Chelsea having dreadful seasons, I don’t think that will happen again , plus Arsenal have the CL to contend with for the first time in a while. They had their chance to go for the title last season but blew up at Anfield and then couldn’t recover.

Itll be interesting to see how we can cope with extra expectation and games, and if our young players continue improving. It could be a very exciting season where we play great football and challenge for the title, or just limp into CL in 4th/5th. We need to start well, confidence will be key.

Offline tonysleft

• Legacy Fan
  • A manc
They will probably be good again this season, Rice is a good addition if they keep Partey and play the two of them in big games. Dunno why they bought Havertz, I see him being flop of the season
Great chiefs and great loves in obliterated light

Online The North Bank

• Legacy Fan
Monaco in the emirates cup, Rice and Partey start. Wenger is there to see his statue. Should be a fun game.

Offline elsewhere

• Turning Japanese, I think I'm turning Japanese, I really think I mean African, so...
  • Legacy Fan
I totaly forgot Pepe is still their player, how much is he worth nowadays?

Offline Wghennessy

• Embarassing
  • Legacy Fan
Minamino had Rice on strings when he was on to be honest.

Online JRed

• Legacy Fan
A couple of quid and a packet of crisps

Online The North Bank

• Legacy Fan

Hearing he could be signing for Beşiktaş for nothing

Offline A Red Abroad

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We had dreams and songs to sing
Hearing he could be signing for Beşiktaş for nothing

:o :o
My marmoset, to get things done,
You fell in Loch Ness with Major Tom.