Author Topic: Spanish Football  (Read 590007 times)

Online Boston always unofficial

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Spanish Football
« Reply #7600 on: August 12, 2023, 06:21:19 pm »
Athletic club v Real Madrid is on ABC this afternoon 3.30 eastern time. Something to watch down the pub.

Offline Andar

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7601 on: August 12, 2023, 09:18:58 pm »
Bellingham with his first goal for Madrid.

Offline In the Name of Klopp

• smann. Talks as if he/she/they single handedly saw off H&G in 2010.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7602 on: August 12, 2023, 09:50:39 pm »
What a brilliant player Judinho is. He's totally bossing the mid for Real.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2023, 11:10:55 pm by In the Name of Klopp »
“Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.”

Offline Andar

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7603 on: August 12, 2023, 09:51:28 pm »
Bellingham is a freak of nature. What a player.

Online disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
« Reply #7604 on: August 12, 2023, 10:38:35 pm »
Bellingham with his first goal for Madrid.

First of many you'd think, can see him chipping in with double figures most years.

Players will come and go but he might be one of the biggest 'ones that got away' that we'll ever come across.

That Madrid midfield four is sensational. Bellingham and Tchouameni obviously were big signings, talking about 100 million each or something. They got Valverde while he was quite young and I don't think he'd have cost more than a few million which has turned into a masterstroke, and Camavinga, even though I thought it was huge money for an 18 year old at 30 odd million is again a world class player who they've got forever basically. Money wise a perfect balance of cheap young talents and a couple who they'll have long term and are going to be the very best at what they do. There'll always be a market for those players.
Proud follower of the city's junior, and far more successful footballing side

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

19 League Titles, 6 European Cups, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 10 League Cups, 4 European Super Cups, World Champions 2019. We live the dream.

Offline 67CherryRed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7605 on: August 13, 2023, 06:56:52 pm »
Alberto Moreno off injured after 23 minutes of the season. He has the Champions League trophy tattooed on the back of the leg he was holding after doing his hammy.

Offline RedG13

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7606 on: August 13, 2023, 09:32:50 pm »
This Barca-Getafe game. This ref is awful he got the red card right but he not using the yellow enough for the fouling etc. He missed a handball ball yellow and fake yellow card one.

Offline Syntexity

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7607 on: August 13, 2023, 10:46:23 pm »
This Barca-Getafe game. This ref is awful he got the red card right but he not using the yellow enough for the fouling etc. He missed a handball ball yellow and fake yellow card one.

Calling this a football game is stretching it too far. Might as well not have a ref as he is blind to all today, except the reds as you mention. Another blatant pen overlooked. Its been a joke from start to end. He is making PL refs look like stars and I am not sure I can complain about any ref in PL anymore  ;D

Offline RedG13

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7608 on: August 13, 2023, 10:50:50 pm »
Calling this a football game is stretching it too far. Might as well not have a ref as he is blind to all today, except the reds as you mention. Another blatant pen overlooked. Its been a joke from start to end. He is making PL refs look like stars and I am not sure I can complain about any ref in PL anymore  ;D
lol. your not wrong. That ref was really bad.

Offline Barney Battles

• Boys Pen
« Reply #7609 on: August 24, 2023, 12:26:02 pm »
Hi Lads,

2nd child has taken to supporting Atletico Madrid  :-[ !
He is a GK so I think he is just following Oblak.

I've brought the eldest over to Anfield 4/5 times now so I have to do the same with no.2

I'm looking to see if we can go over to watch Atletico "play" and wondered if anyone has been or had any tips?

I see a lot of the fixtures seem to be based across 2 days? they don't set the actual date until closer to the time?

Cheers
Rob

Online gerrardisgod

• has all his sisters with him.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Anal Dirge Prat
« Reply #7610 on: August 24, 2023, 12:33:08 pm »
It used to be around 10-14 days prior to the fixture that the dates/times were set in stone, I’m talking a few years back since I went though (maybe 2015) so it may have changed since then.
AHA!

Offline Suareznumber7

• Gullible. Lost in the modern world, thinks all tweets are true.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7611 on: August 24, 2023, 01:41:18 pm »
Hi Lads,

I've brought the eldest over to Anfield 4/5 times now so I have to do the same with no.2

I'm looking to see if we can go over to watch Atletico "play" and wondered if anyone has been or had any tips?

I see a lot of the fixtures seem to be based across 2 days? they don't set the actual date until closer to the time?

Cheers
Rob

They don't set the game date and time until really late due to them trying to get every game on TV with no conflicts. 

Offline BobPaisley3

• SirAlexFerguson2, the bad manc twat :)
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • PGMOL fanboy
« Reply #7612 on: September 3, 2023, 08:36:14 am »
Had to scroll a long way to find this, Bellingham with a 94th minute winner for Real. Definitely living up to expectations so far.
94 Corner to us. Last kick. Ali in the box and he’s scored

Offline Syntexity

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7613 on: September 3, 2023, 08:44:56 am »
Hi Lads,

Cheers
Rob

Like som others mention here they set games really late in La Liga, so 2 weeks before its usually set in stone (in my experience).

I would recommend to see when they have a european game. If they play on a tuesday in midweek they usually play on a saturday, in more rare cases on a friday. Just be aware the games can be really early in the daytime or late evening.

Offline Clint Eastwood

• The man with no name
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7614 on: September 4, 2023, 04:00:50 pm »
Just wanted to say that the Bellingham obsession is nauseating. Loves the camera doesn’t he?

He’s really good though.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7615 on: September 24, 2023, 08:11:45 pm »
Atletico 1-0 after 5 minutes over Real.

Online oojason

• The Official RAWK Audio Visual God. Founder Member of the Ricky Gervais' 'David Brad Fan Club'.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
« Reply #7616 on: September 24, 2023, 08:27:55 pm »
« Last Edit: September 24, 2023, 09:30:19 pm by oojason »
Some 'Useful Info' for following the football + TV, Streams, Highlights & Replays etc - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769

A mini-index of RAWK's 'Liverpool Audio / Video Thread' content over the years; & more - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769.msg17787576#msg17787576

Offline RedBec1993

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7617 on: September 24, 2023, 08:40:07 pm »
Toni Kroos is one of them players who just looks brilliant everytime I see him play.

Offline bornandbRED

• ... an ESL super fan. aka physioSTALKER
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7618 on: September 24, 2023, 09:37:13 pm »
Feels like Ancelotti is wasting Bellingham in that second striker type role. He’s too good for that.

Online newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7619 on: September 26, 2023, 09:37:23 pm »
some Prat just scored for Mallorca against Barca - but Barca will still win.

Reminds me of Man City these days - the other teams seem to give up late in games.

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #7620 on: September 26, 2023, 10:06:06 pm »
If I was a journeyman pro I think I’d fancy a spell at Mallorca.

Online newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7621 on: September 26, 2023, 10:18:53 pm »
If I was a journeyman pro I think I’d fancy a spell at Mallorca.

Mallorca's #9 striker is big and fast - wonder if he will move to a bigger club soon. he's sprinting by the Barcelona players.

Offline rodderzzz

• Plonkah!
  • Legacy Fan
  • That's Bullshit Miss!
« Reply #7622 on: September 26, 2023, 10:27:06 pm »
some Prat just scored for Mallorca against Barca - but Barca will still win.

Reminds me of Man City these days - the other teams seem to give up late in games.

went against my gambling rule of ever betting on the away team no matter who they are tonight, and of course got rewarded with a gambling loss for that!

Online newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7623 on: September 26, 2023, 10:33:02 pm »
good god - Spanish refs are more corrupt for Barca and Real than English refs are for United (and now Abu Dhabi)

Offline SerbianScouser

• Far from world class.
  • Legacy Fan
  • ...All the best
« Reply #7624 on: September 27, 2023, 05:15:41 pm »
Can't believe even 16 year old kids are diving now...football world really is going to shit real fast.

Offline Statto Red

• Hung like a sperm whale but only around the middle. Proud owner of a couple of spare arms, although is pits pong like the bins, not very appealing. Bambi on ice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #7625 on: September 28, 2023, 02:35:04 pm »
Fucking hell :o

Barcelona have been charged with suspected bribery for payments worth more than €7 million ($7.3m) made to companies linked to the former vice president of the refereeing committee, José María Enríquez Negreira, judicial sources have told Spanish news agency EFE.

Former Barça presidents Josep María Bartomeu and Sandro Rosell also stand accused of the same charges, as do Negreira and his son, Javier Enríquez Romero.

- Stream on ESPN+: LaLiga, Bundesliga, more (U.S.)

Barça had previously been charged with alleged corruption in sport, corruption in business, false administration and the falsification of commercial documents.

Meanwhile, EFE also report that police searched the referees' office at the Royal Spanish Football Federation [RFEF] in Madrid on Thursday for documentation in relation to the case.

A Spanish court first accepted a complaint lodged by prosecutors against Barça, their former presidents and the Negreiras in March and opened an investigation.

The addition of the bribery charges could now speed up a process that has been ongoing since February, when the payments were first revealed.

In Spain, a bribery offence only requires proof that a public official or authority has requested money or some compensation to make an influenced decision within the scope of their powers.

Barça paid Negreira's companies more than €7m between 2001 and 2018 while he was the vice president of the refereeing committee. He had previously been a referee in the Spanish top flight.

Barca president Joan Laporta has said the payments were for "technical reports about referees" and denied the club has ever "bought referees or influence."

However, prosecutors accused Rosell and Bartomeu of having an agreement with Negreira in which "he would carry out actions aimed at favouring Barca in the decision-making of the referees in the matches played by the club and thus in the results of the competitions."

Rosell was Barca president from 2010 to 2014 before Bartomeu replaced him. After six years at the helm of the Catalan club, Bartomeu resigned in 2020, with Laporta elected as his replacement in 2021.

Barcelona head coach Xavi Hernandez addressed the story in a news conference on Thursday.

"You know my opinion," Xavi said. "I have never had the feeling that the club have benefitted from refereeing. Never.

"I don't have time to reflect on much more than that, I'm focused on sporting issues. Next week there will be another Negreira story, in 15 days another and then more a month."

https://www.espn.com/soccer/story/_/id/38510081/barcelona-probed-suspected-bribery-ref-case-report
#Sausages

Offline LovelyCushionedHeader

• Not so pleasant non-upholstered footer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7626 on: September 28, 2023, 02:57:36 pm »

I'm sure more of this is being made in Spain, but it's amazed me how little attention this has got over here.
And if the rain stops, and everything's dry.. she would cry, just so I could drink tears from her eyes.

Offline thaddeus

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7627 on: September 28, 2023, 09:27:14 pm »
Getafe: La Liga club condemn 'derogatory and intolerant' chants aimed at team

Getafe have condemned "derogatory and intolerant" chants aimed towards their team after Mason Greenwood was targeted by opposition fans.

The statement read: "Getafe CF wants to express total disapproval of the derogatory and intolerant chants, especially serious insults, which have been occurring repeatedly during the La Liga season and which damage the image and also the morale of our players and coaching staff.

"Insulting chants, out of any civic context, [are being] aggravated with criticism that we respect as freedom of expression from a sporting point of view, but that we do not share when that critical current is attributed with derogatory epithets, insults and disrespect to the members of the staff and coaching staff of Getafe.

"All of this seriously damages the image of our club, the competition and the professionals who make it up.

"Getafe CF are against violence, racism, xenophobia and intolerance in sport."
Spain is a free country so Getafe can be the pricks if they want to be.  In my eyes though they forfeit the right to take the moral high ground.

Oh, they forgot misogyny is the list of things they are against.

Online Kopenhagen

• Ban hammer of Damocles poised to drop if Everton finish fourth.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7628 on: September 29, 2023, 12:49:26 pm »
"You know my opinion," Xavi said. "I have never had the feeling that the club have benefitted from refereeing. Never.

https://www.espn.com/soccer/story/_/id/38510081/barcelona-probed-suspected-bribery-ref-case-report

:lmao

Relegate them to the Segunda. Horrid club.
"There is no final victory, just as there is no final defeat. There is just the same battle to be fought over and over again."

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7629 on: September 29, 2023, 08:41:49 pm »
Kid in a Liverpool shirt at Barca v Sevilla holding a Brazil Flag?

Offline damomad

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7630 on: September 29, 2023, 09:44:38 pm »
Been a horrible week for Ramos both on and off the field.
You're still the one pool where I'd happily drown

Offline Flaccido Dongingo

• A Daily Mail plant. Don’t swing at the king!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7631 on: September 29, 2023, 09:52:15 pm »
:lmao

Relegate them to the Segunda. Horrid club.
If they've bribed referees then they should be removed from the Spanish league structure

Offline Gili Gulu

• Looking forward to seeing the Golden Sky
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7632 on: September 29, 2023, 10:05:40 pm »
Barcelona have been charged with suspected bribery for payments worth more than €7 million ($7.3m) made to companies linked to the former vice president of the refereeing committee, José María Enríquez Negreira, judicial sources have told Spanish news agency EFE.

€7 million to get roughly equal treatment with Real that is. The poor beggars in the rest of La Liga however....
« Last Edit: September 29, 2023, 10:08:48 pm by Gili Gulu »
Gili Gulu. (嘰哩咕嚕) means saying something no-one understands but yourself; a little rambling or a silly language between friends

Offline Flaccido Dongingo

• A Daily Mail plant. Don’t swing at the king!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7633 on: September 29, 2023, 10:12:31 pm »
€7 million to get roughly equal treatment with Real that is. The poor beggars in the rest of La Liga however....
I've an idea, why not remove the cheats from every top league and let the rest of football get on without them, you'd have the two shithouse teams from Spain, serial cheats Juventus, Abu Dhabi, Saudi FC, Qatar FC, Saudi Proxy FC and Rangers.

They could all have their own grubby little league, or better yet, just merge with the head chopping league in the Middle East.

Offline BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7634 on: September 29, 2023, 11:36:54 pm »
If they've bribed referees then they should be removed from the Spanish league structure

Too big to fail.
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #7635 on: September 30, 2023, 12:23:41 am »
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Offline Gili Gulu

• Looking forward to seeing the Golden Sky
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7636 on: September 30, 2023, 11:30:24 am »
Too big to fail.

All this talk about state-backed clubs like City, PSG, Newcastle and Chelsea.

On the quiet, Barcelona, Real and Bayern have been state-backed clubs for decades.

I've thought for a while that Bayern are the biggest hypocrites of call, with their 50+1% nonsense, that only serves to stop anyone else competing with them. Yes the club is 82% "owned" by fans, but they've also got a supervisory board that just happens to consist of the CEOs and Chairmen of the largest companies in Germany.Adidas, UBS, Audi, Allianz, Deutsche Telecom. They're the ones making decisions, they're not holding a ballot of hundreds of thousands of fans. They're state-run in all but name.

Gili Gulu. (嘰哩咕嚕) means saying something no-one understands but yourself; a little rambling or a silly language between friends

Offline groove

• eeeeee baby!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7637 on: October 1, 2023, 10:25:54 am »
What about Bellingham hey? Filthy assist last night. 6 goals and 2 assists in his first 7 games. Walked into the Real Madrid midfield and looks like their best player at 20 years old.

Offline sinnermichael

• I copy other people's photoshops and twitter posts and texts and pretend they're mine.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7638 on: October 7, 2023, 04:32:59 pm »
Bellingham has to be the best player in the world on current form. Scoring at a better rate than most strikers.

Online oojason

• The Official RAWK Audio Visual God. Founder Member of the Ricky Gervais' 'David Brad Fan Club'.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
« Last Edit: October 8, 2023, 09:58:04 pm by oojason »
Some 'Useful Info' for following the football + TV, Streams, Highlights & Replays etc - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769

A mini-index of RAWK's 'Liverpool Audio / Video Thread' content over the years; & more - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769.msg17787576#msg17787576