Author Topic: The Golf Thread  (Read 305984 times)

Offline FlashGordon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2021 Champion Tipster*
Re: The Golf Thread
« Reply #5600 on: April 11, 2024, 04:45:15 pm »
Tiger to win, seriously ! Not sure how many tournaments he's played the last couple of years but I think his goal here is to make the cut. Happy to be ridiculed on here if he wins though 👍

Most of Augusta is between the ears and he can still shift the ball as well as anyone if the leg holds up.

The fact he'll have to finish he first round tomorrow probably fucks him, but I'd never rule him out if healthy.
So bloody what? If you watch football to be absolutely miserable then go watch cricket.

Offline Lone Star Red

• Tex
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5601 on: April 11, 2024, 04:52:43 pm »
Tiger admitted the leg feels fine on the tee box. Unfortunately for Tiger, he knows that the tee boxes are the only flat piece of ground on the entire property. Making the cut will be a tremendous accomplishment for Tiger, IMO.
You cannot call overseas Liverpool supporters glory hunters. We’ve won one trophy this decade. If they’re glory hunters, they’re really bad ones. They’re actually journey hunters. It’s the journey and the story. Something about Liverpool has grabbed them." - Neil Atkinson (May, 2019)

"So don’t think about it – just play football.” - Jurgen Klopp

Offline Yosser0_0

• U_____U (geddit?)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5602 on: April 11, 2024, 06:41:03 pm »
Great to see all the star players again! That US PGA tour is dog shit now, full of no marks. There is only Fleetwood and Fitzpatrick worth watching now.
Lee Trevino famously once held up a long iron during a lightning storm, claiming "not even God can hit a 1-iron"

Offline Lone Star Red

• Tex
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5603 on: April 11, 2024, 07:28:28 pm »
Great to see all the star players again! That US PGA tour is dog shit now, full of no marks. There is only Fleetwood and Fitzpatrick worth watching now.

That is...certainly an opinion.  :o ;D
You cannot call overseas Liverpool supporters glory hunters. We’ve won one trophy this decade. If they’re glory hunters, they’re really bad ones. They’re actually journey hunters. It’s the journey and the story. Something about Liverpool has grabbed them." - Neil Atkinson (May, 2019)

"So don’t think about it – just play football.” - Jurgen Klopp

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #5604 on: April 11, 2024, 09:56:04 pm »
Seems like this is the only sport on tonight. Weird.

De Chanbeau finished and leads on -7. Willet and Fitzpatrick both -4.

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5605 on: April 11, 2024, 10:00:16 pm »
Know very little about golf but suddenly taking more of an interest.

So who's the best non-LIV golfer?
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline Kekule

• Not fussy.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5606 on: April 11, 2024, 10:18:04 pm »
Just realised LIV golf is called LIV because it’s Roman Numerals for 54 (as they only play 3 rounds)

I don’t know a huge amount about golf but I thought I was a bit brighter than that. :duh

Anyway hopefully this will be a good tournament and not won by someone I think is a knobhead.

Offline frag

• ile
  • Legacy Fan
  • We’ve been to...
« Reply #5607 on: April 11, 2024, 10:43:37 pm »
Bryson with a brilliant round, he’s been playing consistently good golf for a while. Scheffler looking as good as he’s been, about to go 6 under on 16.

Think they’ll let the course naturally dry tomorrow, and the for the weekend they’ll really quicken it up.

Offline 4pool

• Mr. ( last name) Minister Of Truth - 1984 to 1984. The first to do a Moyesed. A pore grammarist.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool: European Capital of Football 2005/2006
« Reply #5608 on: April 11, 2024, 10:50:08 pm »
Know very little about golf but suddenly taking more of an interest.

So who's the best non-LIV golfer?

Scottie Scheffler
Either we are a club of supporters or become a club of customers.

Offline gerrardisgod

• has all his sisters with him.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Anal Dirge Prat
« Reply #5609 on: April 11, 2024, 10:50:37 pm »
A quid back.

Fuck off Rickie.
AHA!

Offline Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #5610 on: April 11, 2024, 10:55:58 pm »
Two of my best were on -4 a while ago. Now -2 and -1. This is meant to be my relief from the anguish!

Offline 4pool

• Mr. ( last name) Minister Of Truth - 1984 to 1984. The first to do a Moyesed. A pore grammarist.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5611 on: April 11, 2024, 10:56:17 pm »
Not in the greatest form, but I’ve done a Hotshots win on Rickie Fowler. Feel he starts a lot of majors well and then tails off, so hoping for the same and at least get a some money back off a few first round birdies.

You obviously never paid attention to the Par 3 tournament yesterday. No golfer who has won that has won the Masters Tournament proper.

Fowler is doomed after winning the Par 3. He shot 5 under fwiw.

Offline gerrardisgod

• Legacy Fan
  • Anal Dirge Prat
« Reply #5612 on: April 11, 2024, 11:02:07 pm »
Hahaha, I actually didn’t for the first time in years  :butt
AHA!

Offline 4pool

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5613 on: April 11, 2024, 11:12:34 pm »
Hahaha, I actually didn’t for the first time in years  :butt

:D

Offline Ray K

• Loves a shiny helmet. The new IndyKalia.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
« Reply #5614 on: April 11, 2024, 11:13:01 pm »
Seems like this is the only sport on tonight. Weird.

Very odd. You'd think that there'd be some Europa League games on but no, nothing at all.

Rory's still missing 6 foot putts to the left, so nothing much changes around here.

Great to see Gary Woodland out there completing his round, a year after having surgery to remove a brain tumour. Nice piece here

https://twitter.com/JeffDarlington/status/1776983021842817061?t=H7gtTkA5ILO8hVEj7hC2Vg&s=19
"We have to change from doubters to believers"

Twitter: @rjkelly75

Offline frag

• ile
  • Legacy Fan
  • We’ve been to...
« Reply #5615 on: April 11, 2024, 11:27:13 pm »
Scheffler goes bogey free, 66. The best “bogey avoidance” player in the world, he just needs to play his game and he’ll be difficult to beat. Friday will be great with so much golf to play. Tiger looks pretty comfortable.

Offline Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #5616 on: April 11, 2024, 11:50:41 pm »
Scheffler goes bogey free, 66. The best “bogey avoidance” player in the world, he just needs to play his game and he’ll be difficult to beat. Friday will be great with so much golf to play. Tiger looks pretty comfortable.

Yeah looks quite ominous for the rest that he shit a 66 without seemingly much trouble.

Looks windy out there now. Hard to see anyone else getting near the top two although Homa has made a great start, -4 after 9.

Offline 4pool

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5617 on: April 12, 2024, 12:59:44 am »
Tiger finishes 1 under through 13. Stopped because of darkness.

Playing partners Jason Day at Level. Max Homa at 4 under.

Offline paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Take me 2 the magic of the moment on a glory night
« Reply #5618 on: April 12, 2024, 07:31:40 am »
Yeah looks quite ominous for the rest that he shit a 66 without seemingly much trouble.

Looks windy out there now.
the senokot helped so
yer ma should have called you Paolo Zico Gerry Socrates HELLRAZOR

Offline Fiasco

• Just add water to foam at the mouth. Can't spell San Francisco. Has promised to eat his own cock. Cannibal Self-Harm in that case.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96.
« Reply #5619 on: April 12, 2024, 08:28:44 am »
Scheffler starts off in video game mode again. Bryson is a bit of a wet wipe at times but I can see a charm to him as well, playing rounds with Trump and his move to LIV has soured my view of him but I still think he's an interesting character. He's not traditionally played well at Augusta so it'll be interesting to see if he can carry this form on.

Such a pity Tiger's body is how it is. You can see the old magic is there and he probably drives the ball better now than he did in his pomp, it is just the walking and getting around the course over 4 days.

Some good players at even par or better who could make a run but Scheffler has got himself into pole position very early. It is very difficult - in fact I'd say pretty much impossible - to shoot 4 rounds in the mid 60s at Augusta so it is far from over but I'm already kicking myself for not backing Scheffler at bigger prices earlier this year.

Offline paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5620 on: April 12, 2024, 08:33:16 am »
The year he won it I backed him early
28/1

Backed him again closer the time around 12s

Paddy power had a ridiculous offer on him the start of that year, something like 11 or 12/1 to win ANY major. Covered my car insurance

Offline alonsoisared

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5621 on: April 12, 2024, 08:41:24 am »
LIV has really fucked golf up and the players turning up with their gear on somehow seemed a bit disrespectful? But what I would say is it was a relief to see some of those names back on the leaderboard. Watching the last few tour events as a pretty casual fan I haven't had a clue who the majority of the field are. They need to sort something out for the sake of self preservation because yesterday finally felt like a proper product again, Tiger being back obviously helped that as well!

Considering the windy weather, the scoring was very good wasn't it? Good chance of someone going very low. Players like Rory who have shot decent scores at -1 or -2 may well need to go out and shoot a 65 or 66 today if they want to be close at the weekend. It's hard to see Scheffler not scoring a similar score again today.

Offline PhilV

• Has difficulty in getting it up, apparently.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • Epic Swindler
« Reply #5622 on: April 12, 2024, 09:44:52 am »
LIV has really fucked golf up and the players turning up with their gear on somehow seemed a bit disrespectful?

I don't think so, everyone else can rock up with branded/sponsored gear so why couldn't they? Obviously cleared/approved before hand also.

Offline alonsoisared

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5623 on: April 12, 2024, 09:51:39 am »
I don't think so, everyone else can rock up with branded/sponsored gear so why couldn't they? Obviously cleared/approved before hand also.

it seemed deliberately inflammatory, bit of a difference turning up to Augusta with a Nike or Callaway top!

Offline FlashGordon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2021 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #5624 on: April 12, 2024, 09:58:22 am »
it seemed deliberately inflammatory, bit of a difference turning up to Augusta with a Nike or Callaway top!

I would imagine it's in their contracts for it to be plastered all over them, doubt they're doing it by choice. Except for Patrick Reed, he probably asked for it to be inserted in to his contract.
So bloody what? If you watch football to be absolutely miserable then go watch cricket.

Offline BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #5625 on: April 12, 2024, 10:13:39 am »
On the LIV shirts @ Augusta.

LIV golfer Cameron Smith “double-packed this week” for the Masters as he “wasn’t sure when he began practicing at Augusta National Golf Club this week if he’d get a tap on the shoulder from someone in a green jacket about his LIV apparel,” according to Tod Leonard of GOLF DIGEST. Smith said he had "another set of clothes made up this week without [LIV logos].” But he added, “We haven't really heard much from Augusta National about the logos. ... Unless it's a problem for these guys, I'm going to wear it.” Leonard noted Augusta National has “never banned any other players’ sponsorship logos,” so it would seem to be "overly selective if it picked out LIV gear to ban.” Still, there is “somewhat of a precedent for it elsewhere,” with the DP World Tour asking its participants from LIV last August to “not wear their logos in the BMW PGA Championship.” During Monday’s Masters practice round, several LIV golfers “wore their LIV team gear,” including Dustin Johnson, Sergio Garcia and Bryson DeChambeau (GOLF DIGEST, 4/3). SI’s Gabrielle Herzig, citing a report from the London Telegraph, noted LIV players competing at Augusta “collectively decided to avoid wearing the ‘LIV’ emblem ‘out of respect to the tournament’” (SI, 4/3). However, in addition to his team logo on his right sleeve, Smith had a small LIV logo on his left collar (SBJ).
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Offline paulrazor

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5626 on: April 12, 2024, 05:40:57 pm »
At the minute the course is playing hard in the wind.

I think any score in the 60s today is brilliant

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5627 on: April 12, 2024, 06:37:18 pm »
Scottie Scheffler

Sound. Anyone else? Perennial Masters underachiever McIlroy?

Offline paulrazor

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5628 on: April 12, 2024, 06:41:35 pm »
Sound. Anyone else? Perennial Masters underachiever McIlroy?
he would be next best

Offline Hazell

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5629 on: April 12, 2024, 06:45:39 pm »
he would be next best

Thanks. Started to get into a bit over the last couple of years, not sure why as always thought it was boring previously.

Offline Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #5630 on: April 12, 2024, 06:49:15 pm »
Thanks. Started to get into a bit over the last couple of years, not sure why as always thought it was boring previously.

Welcome to middle age brother.

Put your best lambswool v neck on and come join us.

Offline Hazell

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5631 on: April 12, 2024, 06:52:28 pm »
Welcome to middle age brother.

Put your best lambswool v neck on and come join us.

As if I wasn't miserable enough after yesterday's result!

Offline Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #5632 on: April 12, 2024, 07:02:11 pm »

As if I wasn't miserable enough after yesterday's result!

Offline Hazell

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5633 on: April 12, 2024, 07:11:41 pm »
The fact that I remember Full Swing probably proves your point. Think that was the day England played Switzerland in Euro 96.

Offline Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #5634 on: April 12, 2024, 07:25:29 pm »
The fact that I remember Full Swing probably proves your point. Think that was the day England played Switzerland in Euro 96.

Don’t actually remember what that was?! Just googled a pic of Brucie and Corbett playing golf.

Honestly though, can’t beat the Masters.

Offline Dazzer23

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #5635 on: April 12, 2024, 07:41:25 pm »
Why are all the Sky presenters stood miles apart. Do they think we’re still in lockdown?

Offline gerrardisgod

• Legacy Fan
  • Anal Dirge Prat
« Reply #5636 on: April 12, 2024, 07:51:17 pm »
Don’t actually remember what that was?! Just googled a pic of Brucie and Corbett playing golf.

Honestly though, can’t beat the Masters.
Golf version of Big Break, essentially. Presented by Tarbuck.

As good as it sounds.
AHA!

Offline Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #5637 on: April 12, 2024, 08:21:54 pm »
Hovland had an 8 at the 2nd and is +6 for the round after 4 holes today.

Offline 4pool

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5638 on: April 12, 2024, 08:30:18 pm »
LIV has really fucked golf up and the players turning up with their gear on somehow seemed a bit disrespectful? But what I would say is it was a relief to see some of those names back on the leaderboard. Watching the last few tour events as a pretty casual fan I haven't had a clue who the majority of the field are. They need to sort something out for the sake of self preservation because yesterday finally felt like a proper product again, Tiger being back obviously helped that as well!

Considering the windy weather, the scoring was very good wasn't it? Good chance of someone going very low. Players like Rory who have shot decent scores at -1 or -2 may well need to go out and shoot a 65 or 66 today if they want to be close at the weekend. It's hard to see Scheffler not scoring a similar score again today.

Anyone rooting for a LIV golfer might as well support Man City or Newcastle.

We, rightly so, complain about those two clubs and the blood money behind them.

Same with the golfers who went to LIV. They sold their talent to play circus golf for their Sheikh overlord that no one watches. Fuck 'em.

Offline fowlermagic

• Ilittarate
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5639 on: April 12, 2024, 08:47:38 pm »
Look's like a day to score par golf and be bloody happy with it. Rory needs a little better but his tendency to fuk himself will surely show it's face. 12 under wins it me thinks
I have a simple philosophy: Fill what's empty. Empty what's full. Scratch where it itches. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zi5-V75v-6I