Author Topic: DC Mega Topic, it's not the MCU  (Read 330513 times)

Offline thegoodfella

• makes reindeer pizza
  • Legacy Fan
  • ...siempre es posible
Re: DC Mega Topic, it's not the MCU
« Reply #3960 on: February 26, 2021, 09:42:59 pm »
Just about to post that, another reboot!

I am referring this as a sideboot, kind of like having multiple Jokers around, and a new Batman while the previous one is being dragged out for another outing.

Offline red_Mark1980

• Wool ginger runner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • J.F.T.97
« Reply #3961 on: February 27, 2021, 08:10:32 am »
Maybe they'll tell his backstory this time..

Online Stockholm Syndrome

• Djurgården Disease
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #3962 on: February 27, 2021, 12:07:34 pm »
Maybe they'll have a Superman where Jonathan Kent isn't like "Maybe you should just let people die?"

If they are moving away from an extended universe then fine, you could work with a new, more hopeful Superman story.

Offline B0151?

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3963 on: February 27, 2021, 06:46:47 pm »
Maybe they'll have a Superman where Jonathan Kent isn't like "Maybe you should just let people die?"

If they are moving away from an extended universe then fine, you could work with a new, more hopeful Superman story.
I don't have any attachments to the character or the comics, I'm not against them trying something completely different

But I remember watching the scene where he lets his dad die and thought it was the stupidest fucking thing ever, destroyed the whole character and story for me

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #3964 on: February 27, 2021, 07:40:54 pm »
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline ScouserAtHeart

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pissing Manc "fans" off since 1999.
« Reply #3965 on: February 28, 2021, 07:57:01 am »
Just realized Zack Snyder's Justice League will be in 4:3.

I don't know if that's him being needlessly contrarion or if that's needed for some reason, but it'll be weird to watch for me at least, especially in 4k
"Jürgen Klopp is bringing Liverpool's 'fuck you' back. And I can't wait."

Online Hedley Lamarr

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3966 on: February 28, 2021, 08:27:44 am »
Just realized Zack Snyder's Justice League will be in 4:3.

I don't know if that's him being needlessly contrarion or if that's needed for some reason, but it'll be weird to watch for me at least, especially in 4k

He initially intended to shoot Justice League in 1.43:1 so it could fill up an IMAX screen for it’s full runtime (1.43:1 is pretty close to 1.33:1), he chose not to film with an IMAX camera because of the camera not having sound.  Justice League was apparently composed for 1.43:1 though so you’ll actually get more detail using the full screen ratio. 

Offline ScouserAtHeart

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3967 on: February 28, 2021, 10:24:30 am »
He initially intended to shoot Justice League in 1.43:1 so it could fill up an IMAX screen for it’s full runtime (1.43:1 is pretty close to 1.33:1), he chose not to film with an IMAX camera because of the camera not having sound.  Justice League was apparently composed for 1.43:1 though so you’ll actually get more detail using the full screen ratio. 

Interesting. Thanks!

Online [new username under construction]

• Poster formerly know as shadowbane. Never lost his head whilst others panicked. Fucking kopite!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Insert something awesome here!
« Reply #3968 on: March 15, 2021, 05:03:06 pm »
So Snyder cut for Justice League apparently very good

Offline ScouserAtHeart

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3969 on: March 15, 2021, 05:15:53 pm »
Yep fingers crossed

Online kaesarsosei

• Brutally bad.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3970 on: March 15, 2021, 05:44:01 pm »
How do we get to watch it, legally, in the UK or do I have to pirate it?

Offline Barefoot Doctor

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3971 on: March 15, 2021, 06:38:20 pm »
How do we get to watch it, legally, in the UK or do I have to pirate it?

It's the premiere on Sky Movies this week.

Offline Skeeve

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3972 on: March 15, 2021, 10:06:07 pm »
So Snyder cut for Justice League apparently very good

Not that many reviews being that complimentary of it, most seem to be calling it better than the original and too long.

• Poster formerly know as shadowbane. Never lost his head whilst others panicked. Fucking kopite!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3973 on: March 15, 2021, 10:14:29 pm »
Not that many reviews being that complimentary of it, most seem to be calling it better than the original and too long.

I think it's 4 hours isn't it? lol......I heard that it's nothing like the cinema release and pretty much all unseen footage, hopefully good though

Offline Skeeve

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3974 on: March 15, 2021, 10:19:32 pm »
I think it's 4 hours isn't it? lol......I heard that it's nothing like the cinema release and pretty much all unseen footage, hopefully good though

Not seeing that from the reviews I have seen, most seem to be along the lines of it being the same film, but with more time resulting in more context e.g.

https://io9.gizmodo.com/zack-snyders-grand-embellishments-make-justice-league-a-1846472019

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3975 on: March 15, 2021, 10:25:06 pm »
Not seeing that from the reviews I have seen, most seem to be along the lines of it being the same film, but with more time resulting in more context e.g.

https://io9.gizmodo.com/zack-snyders-grand-embellishments-make-justice-league-a-1846472019

Quite a deep look here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O6_BwlU7vH8

Offline whtwht

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3976 on: March 15, 2021, 10:39:49 pm »
I'm actually looking forward  to this now. Heard some v good reviews
He'll win the league in the next 3 years. Quote me on that.
Quote me on this, but come next season he'll be great for us. Just needs to remove the walking headless chicken next to him

Online Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3977 on: March 15, 2021, 10:50:26 pm »
Only seen one review. Heard it's completely different from the cinematic version. Was also very positive about it.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Brian Blessed

• Gordon's ALIVE? Practically Bear Grylls. Backwards Bluesman Bastard.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Feedback Tourist #4
« Reply #3978 on: March 16, 2021, 01:29:20 am »
RT has it positive, but the site is fairly bad in the way it aggregatesscores

Metacritic has a better system and has it as slightly above 50% positive. Which seems about right. Let’s face it, 90% of people who’ll watch this and comment on it online already know if they’ll live or hate it, and the actual film won’t change that.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2021, 01:31:34 am by Brian Blessed »
Anyone else being strangely drawn to Dion Dublin's nipples?

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3979 on: March 17, 2021, 12:44:39 pm »
The new cut is out online in a few places ;)

Offline Trada

• Fully paid up member of the JC cult. Ex-Tory boy. Corbyn's Chief Hagiographer. Sometimes hasn't got a kloop.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #3980 on: March 17, 2021, 03:26:31 pm »
Looking forward to watching it, the only worry I have after watching the new trailer is how dark it looks and I mean in picture not storyline.

Hopefully it won't be like the battle of Winterfell and having to turn the brightness right up to try to see what's happening
Don't blame me I voted for Jeremy Corbyn!!

Miss you Tracy more and more every day xxx

“I carry them with me: what they would have thought and said and done. Make them a part of who I am. So even though they’re gone from the world they’re never gone from me.

Online Agent99

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3981 on: March 17, 2021, 07:42:35 pm »
On Sky Premiere at 7am tomorrow.

Offline Trada

• Fully paid up member of the JC cult. Ex-Tory boy. Corbyn's Chief Hagiographer. Sometimes hasn't got a kloop.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #3982 on: March 17, 2021, 09:20:46 pm »
Enjoying the film so far about an hour in, but I'm not liking the 4:3 screen.
Don't blame me I voted for Jeremy Corbyn!!

Miss you Tracy more and more every day xxx

“I carry them with me: what they would have thought and said and done. Make them a part of who I am. So even though they’re gone from the world they’re never gone from me.

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well done boys, Good Process
« Reply #3983 on: March 17, 2021, 10:26:51 pm »
That aspect ratio is going to kill it.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3984 on: March 17, 2021, 10:49:04 pm »
Fills the screen,what's not to like.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Online Hedley Lamarr

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3985 on: March 18, 2021, 12:24:42 am »
You’re actually seeing a lot more information with the 4:3 ratio, if you were to go back and compare shots that were in both cuts you’d have more vertical detail in Synders cut and more wasted horizontal screen space on the theatrical.  Its all about the initial composition.

As for the actual film, it is an improvement and certain characters have more room to breathe, Cyborg is a much more rounded character, but its still messy.  I watched it in one sitting and wasn’t bored though.

Offline ScouserAtHeart

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3986 on: March 18, 2021, 04:00:50 am »
Wasn't really as interested in Cyborg's story as I thought I would be

Offline my usenme changed?

• Self-appointed moderator for comic topics
  • Kopite
  • RAWK Librarian
« Reply #3987 on: March 18, 2021, 10:18:50 pm »

Spoiler that shit dude. Not everyone has seen it yet, and spoiler tags are easy to do.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2021, 02:41:59 am by Titi Camara »
Mid-Ulster Kopite  ---  BELIEVER

77 * 78 * 81 * 84 * 05 * 19
Follow me on Twitter for stuff about LFC and, er, Libraries. www.twitter.com/@cahalboyd

Online Schmidt

• 's small stretchy scrotum
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3988 on: March 19, 2021, 12:13:26 am »
Overindulgent but I loved it, though I'm sure many won't. Nice to see it as it was intended instead of some hacked together attempt to copy Marvel. Not sure it was a massively different movie ultimately from the previous version, just a much better version of it.

Offline wampa1

• Should probably leg it while he can......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3989 on: March 19, 2021, 12:24:29 am »
Legit can't decide if it was good but it's a million times better than the theatrical release. Was weird watching it in 4:3

Offline blert596

• or is it Simon Peg, Advert: Buy incontinence bed pads from www.incontinencechoice.co.uk Wash & disposable. Trade & Public.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3990 on: March 19, 2021, 01:40:54 am »
Spoiler that shit dude. Not everyone has seen it yet, and spoiler tags are easy to do.

Sorry, never even thought mate. just deleted the post. May wanna delete the quoted bit in yours. Cheers
All the badge kissing in the world don't make up for the fact that they are, frankly, not Liverpool Football Club. It's not their fault. Its just how it is.

Offline ScouserAtHeart

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3991 on: March 19, 2021, 04:14:32 am »
I liked it. Got through it in one setting. Gave more context to a lot of the characters' intentions. You could occasionally make out the CGI was a little incomplete but didn't really matter too muh.

Wish this is what had come out as Part 1 and Part 2 in 2017. The ending seemed to setup interesting storylines that we'll never see completed now unfortunately

Offline Skeeve

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3992 on: March 19, 2021, 10:18:29 am »
Legit can't decide if it was good but it's a million times better than the theatrical release. Was weird watching it in 4:3

The claimed IMAX reason just seems like such an after the fact rationalisation, when regular widescreen is far closer to the IMAX ratio than 4:3.

Online Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3993 on: March 19, 2021, 11:19:23 am »
I liked it. Got through it in one setting. Gave more context to a lot of the characters' intentions. You could occasionally make out the CGI was a little incomplete but didn't really matter too muh.

Wish this is what had come out as Part 1 and Part 2 in 2017. The ending seemed to setup interesting storylines that we'll never see completed now unfortunately

Don't give up hope. There's plenty of precedent for films jettisoning previously established lore, setups, and even previous movies to retcon in new storylines.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Skeeve

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3994 on: March 19, 2021, 11:38:22 am »

It was definitely better, but for me, that came almost entirely from the drastically increased runtime that gave so much more time for context rather than any inherent snyder quality to it over the theatrical version, you have to wonder how he would have coped if forced to cut this down to a theatrical length, would they have been forced into a part 1 and part 2 approach to get the whole thing out there or merely trimmed the 30-45 mins that this version could have probably afforded to lose.

Offline Ultimate Bromance

• The Crab
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3995 on: March 19, 2021, 01:02:53 pm »
Watched it, definitely an improvement on the theatrical cut, but it's 4 hours for gods sake, you'd be worried if it wasn't.

All I can really be bothered saying is I never want to see another fucking movie in this over-stylized shallow Snyder-verse ever again. While I'm glad the man got to deliver his original vision, hopefully his weird little cult of fanboys can take their precious and piss off now. 
Clear Eyes, Full Hearts, Can't Lose.

Offline Skeeve

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3996 on: March 19, 2021, 06:54:07 pm »
All I can really be bothered saying is I never want to see another fucking movie in this over-stylized shallow Snyder-verse ever again. While I'm glad the man got to deliver his original vision, hopefully his weird little cult of fanboys can take their precious and piss off now. 

I suspect this will end up just being the start of it for them, now it will all be about the unrealised snyder sequels or somesuch idiocy and since those won't happen since they'd be a much higher cost than this JL cut, they won't disappear either.

Online Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3997 on: March 19, 2021, 09:27:18 pm »
Well I've started watching it today (in fits and starts admittedly, as I have a lousy attention span).  I watched the opening scene, then took a break and resumed.  I didn't bother with the theatrical version, mostly because of the panning it received, but I was surprised to see I'm already 36 minutes in and about to start Part 2.  Certainly don't feel like I've been watching it for half an hour, so I guess that's a good sign. :)

Popcorn's Art

Online Agent99

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3998 on: March 19, 2021, 09:57:45 pm »
Liked it more than I thought I would.

Spoiler
Don't think it needed the last 15-20 minutes though and Leto's Joker is a really awful version of the character
[close]

Offline Brian Blessed

• Gordon's ALIVE? Practically Bear Grylls. Backwards Bluesman Bastard.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Feedback Tourist #4
« Reply #3999 on: March 20, 2021, 12:40:30 am »
Watched it, definitely an improvement on the theatrical cut, but it's 4 hours for gods sake, you'd be worried if it wasn't.

This is exactly how I feel about it.
Anyone else being strangely drawn to Dion Dublin's nipples?