Author Topic: Mohamed Salah - Best in the World *  (Read 2892384 times)

Offline ggcc14

• C onfuses objective and objectionable. C-ock
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Liverpool FC complete signing of Mohamed Salah
« Reply #560 on: July 17, 2017, 10:40:25 am »
His numbers at Liverpool are amazing.
Yeh if you think a winger who garners 0 assists a season is amazing he is.
I´ll say something that might surprise you. Real life is different to computer games.
I think Nadal is brilliant. One of the top 10 ever.

Offline avushka

• Boys Pen
« Reply #561 on: July 18, 2017, 03:49:14 pm »
Well played Liverpool...with the tweet and the signing. Honestly can't wait to see Salah in action. If he does well after GW1 he will definitely be in my team.If I'm not mistaken He has played in the Prem before That's true, I'm really excited :P for this transfer. Interchanging wingers either side of a striker is the way Klopp is going in my mind.
With Coutinho dropping deeper, it might help them break down teams that just sit back too. As according to the schedule https://777score.com/football/teams/liverpool-869we'll see some interesting plays this summer and autumn.I'm especially looking forward for the one with Man City in September  :lickin

Offline Purple Red

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Red, Green and White Army
« Reply #562 on: July 19, 2017, 08:45:48 pm »
For those of you who watched today's friendly - how did Salah do? Pearce said he was promising again in the Echo report.

Offline amirani

• Legacy Fan
  • Carolina Red!
« Reply #563 on: July 19, 2017, 08:48:05 pm »
For those of you who watched today's friendly - how did Salah do? Pearce said he was promising again in the Echo report.

Watched about 30 minutes of the first half. He was good at tracking back and linking up with the players. I'd say he played a lot centrally  as opposed to staying wide all the time. Had a great solo run towards the end of 2nd half.

Offline Redcap

• Legacy Fan
  • You wrote a bad song Petey!
« Reply #564 on: July 20, 2017, 12:03:59 am »
He looks like a massive, massive threat.

Even faster than I originally thought. Having him and Mané on the pitch at the same time will make us very hard to stop.

An better dribbler than his stats indicate. He's not a skill focused dribbler, but his control is enough than his explosive pace will allow him to burst past his marker with ease unless he's double-marked.

Chased down everything - almost Suarez-esque.

Tracked back and made some one or two good tackles.

So the zero game analysis is he's going to score a million goals, make a million assists and make all the tackles Keita was going to make (assuming he isn't going to come).

Offline PoetryInMotion

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #565 on: July 22, 2017, 03:38:47 pm »
Moaner: We lost Mane during AFCON and we're getting Salah as a similar player. We're going to lose him to AFCON as well. What's the use?
Normal supporter: Come on, there's no AFCON this season and there are three transfer windows before that to sort it out!
Moaner: We know we are not going to get two replacements anyway. It's FSG! And we missed out on Willian, Mkhitaryan blah blah blah.. Apology for Van Dijk blah blah blah.. Can't convince RB blah blah..
Normal supporter: Why worry about something that's going to happen 1 and 1/2 years later?

News: AFCON moved to Summer from 2019   8) ;) :wave

Online Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #566 on: July 22, 2017, 03:44:37 pm »
I like him.

There I said it.

Offline markedasred

• Knowing me, Knowing you... ahaaa!!! Resident Large Canine.
  • Legacy Fan
  • No Murdoch in our house
« Reply #567 on: July 22, 2017, 03:49:18 pm »
That was a very x rated goal there. He is going to be a thrill to watch this coming season.
"For those of you watching in black and white, Liverpool are the team with the ball"

Offline Crimson_Tank

• Rhyming Slang. RAWK Virgil. Knows a proper spit-roast when he sees one.....something to do with the law of the bi.....Is truly a giant amongst the short staff.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Time is an illusion, Lunchtime, doubly so." F.P.
« Reply #568 on: July 22, 2017, 04:00:31 pm »
I think he will be an impactful as Mane.

I said it and I stand by it!
I watched a YouTube video and decided that Paul Konchesky looked like a player.
A dead animal is a dead animal. And a piece of meat is a piece of meat.

Offline DefJack

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #569 on: July 22, 2017, 04:23:26 pm »
We've played an absolute blinder here, the lads an elite level talent coming into his peak.

Him and Mane on either flank are going to be absolutely unstoppable, and now when one is out of the team for whatever reason, we won't be lacking a pacy threat from the wide areas.

Cracking signing.

Offline RedMichelFerri

• Legacy Fan
  • You'll Never Walk Alone - Liverpool till I die
« Reply #570 on: July 22, 2017, 04:32:07 pm »
He also has very clever movement and great anticipation. He and mane along with Bobby, Phil and Lallana will cause havoc in opposition defense.
“Seeing these smiling faces is the greatest pleasure. They have been magnificent all season. They have been our 12th man. I have always said our fans are the best in England. Now I know they are the best in Europe too.”

- Rafa Benitez : RIP Ray.

Offline fredfrop

• 19*
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #571 on: July 22, 2017, 04:37:29 pm »
He's a poacher.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2017, 08:32:38 pm by One of those »

Offline WorldChampions

• Charlie uniform november tango fan...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #572 on: July 22, 2017, 04:37:35 pm »
Clever player. Rather than running down a blind alley he will check back and slide a ball across the edge of the box to a midfielder. He did it a few times today and for his goal he followed it up with a good run into the box.

Offline penga

• What you get if you cross Pingu with Jenga.....
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #573 on: July 22, 2017, 04:41:54 pm »
That's the main attribute we are expecting from Salah give and go, run in behind into the danger zone despite the deep defence. I like what I see.

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #574 on: July 22, 2017, 04:58:09 pm »
That goal was absolutely brilliant..
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Something Else

• that car's fine lookin' man (clearly insured with confused.com)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bazinga
  • Super Title: something else required
« Reply #575 on: July 22, 2017, 05:00:11 pm »
The one thing that excited me about all the clips and youtube compilations was the fact that often he found himself in between the goal posts and within 10 yards. Ok he missed some, but he also got a fair few scrappy tap ins. Now for a wide guy and given Firmino is often never there (lets face it, for years we have lacked a sniffer) it was exciting to think that Salah could offer us this. Especially as it seems something that Mane has a trend of doing (that derby goal).

all for the day he beats three and lashes it in the top corner, but tap ins, goals like today and just being there to be a distraction is going to be worth loads to us.

The fact he's also fucking rapid is boss too, and he just seems to be loving life.

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #576 on: July 22, 2017, 05:08:05 pm »
Class act.

He's strong and rapid too
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Offline Wool

• eBack
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #577 on: July 22, 2017, 05:18:10 pm »
Reminds me of Maxi Rodriguez, albeit a lot quicker.

Offline Sheer Magnetism

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #578 on: July 22, 2017, 05:29:11 pm »
I like that he makes a lot of runs into the box, we've been missing that a bit lately from our front players. A front four out of Salah, Mane, Firmino, Coutinho, Sturridge and Lallana is going to run riot next year.

Offline xbugawugax

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #579 on: July 22, 2017, 05:29:18 pm »
beautiful build up before the goal.

our front three is going to pull defences all over the place and who better to provide the ammo other than our little magician.

Offline Purple Red

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Red, Green and White Army
« Reply #580 on: July 22, 2017, 05:38:44 pm »
The one thing that excited me about all the clips and youtube compilations was the fact that often he found himself in between the goal posts and within 10 yards. Ok he missed some, but he also got a fair few scrappy tap ins. Now for a wide guy and given Firmino is often never there (lets face it, for years we have lacked a sniffer) it was exciting to think that Salah could offer us this. Especially as it seems something that Mane has a trend of doing (that derby goal).

all for the day he beats three and lashes it in the top corner, but tap ins, goals like today and just being there to be a distraction is going to be worth loads to us.

The fact he's also fucking rapid is boss too, and he just seems to be loving life.
Bang on. Noticed that in the videos as well but let's hope today's close range finish is a common occurrence.

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Edgelord. Fabrizio Romanovic, Tancredi Palmerovic, Christian Falkovic, Duncan Castlovic, Jan Aage Fjortovic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #581 on: July 22, 2017, 07:35:54 pm »
I think he will be an impactful as Mane.

I said it and I stand by it!

Defending Salah and Mane at both flanks will be a nightmare for opposition defences. It will leave so much space in the middle for Coutinho and Firmino (or Sturridge).

Offline trommolo

• Kemlynite
« Reply #582 on: July 22, 2017, 07:48:45 pm »
Defending Salah and Mane at both flanks will be a nightmare for opposition defences.

Not sure if that's what Klopp has in mind (them both wingers in the first 11). Otherwise he would have gone for a 3rd and 4th winger to rotate them.

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #583 on: July 22, 2017, 07:53:58 pm »
Not sure if that's what Klopp has in mind (them both wingers in the first 11). Otherwise he would have gone for a 3rd and 4th winger to rotate them.

They will both be in the starting XI, perhaps not every game but more often tham not they will be.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #584 on: July 22, 2017, 07:57:25 pm »
Love Sala the more I see of him, and I have a hunch with all the crazy money he will be one of the bargains this season.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline LovelyCushionedHeader

• Not so pleasant non-upholstered footer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #585 on: July 22, 2017, 07:57:49 pm »
m

When both fit they will both start. Our back ups to them will be moving Coutinho, Firmino or Lallana out wide.
And if the rain stops, and everything's dry.. she would cry, just so I could drink tears from her eyes.

Offline red1977

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #586 on: July 22, 2017, 08:04:55 pm »
Love Sala the more I see of him, and I have a hunch with all the crazy money he will be one of the bargains this season.

Very direct with his running isn't he, he hones in on goal, I know they are only friendlies but the 2 games he has played he has looked like he is going to score and has. good signs. thats 2 we have like that in both wide positions, nice balance up top.

Offline RyanBabel19

• Embarrassing.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #587 on: July 22, 2017, 08:14:32 pm »
Very intellegent player

Seems as though he reads the game well, i think he could prove to be as dangerous as Mane

Offline wemmick

• Legacy Fan
  • "Do it half-assed. That's the American Way!"
« Reply #588 on: July 22, 2017, 08:17:02 pm »
That diagonal run he made today for his goal will unlock defenses in this league. The CBs just have nowhere to go. They can't follow the run with two of Lallana, Coutinho, Gini, Firmino or Sturridge sitting central, and Salah has too much pace for most LBs. I surmise Mane will make that run from the left, too. We will be a nightmare to play against this season. ;D       

Offline Magz50

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #589 on: July 22, 2017, 08:23:47 pm »
He's a bit good isn't he?

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #590 on: July 22, 2017, 08:24:33 pm »
Very direct with his running isn't he, he hones in on goal, I know they are only friendlies but the 2 games he has played he has looked like he is going to score and has. good signs. thats 2 we have like that in both wide positions, nice balance up top.

He also seems to be very much a team player as well, looks up, is prepared to create as well as score goals. All very impressive so far. Lets hope he scores a goal early in the season and then he can really show what he can do.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline MrRaptorTurtle

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #591 on: July 22, 2017, 08:53:20 pm »
Was in work when the game was on unfortunately but managed to watch some highlights, our Mo looks absolutely quality!
Can you imagine being on the other team and seeing Mane and Salah bombing it towards you for 90 minutes ;D

Offline jepovic

• Only interested in the "prestigious" games, so won't be celebrating anything less.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Meh sd f
« Reply #592 on: July 22, 2017, 10:48:34 pm »
For years i think we've had too many players wanting to make the final pass, and too few willing to make the runs to receive and convert those passes. That results in the ball being passed around the half circle for ages, but few chances. Too many QBs. Salah could give us a better balance, adding a pacy receiver to the team.
We already have the best QB.

Offline princeoftherocks

• Legacy Fan
  • black sheep scouse
« Reply #593 on: July 22, 2017, 11:51:50 pm »
love him, already.  bet that beard is itchy, though.  i can't get to two weeks.
dios esta buena

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Edgelord. Fabrizio Romanovic, Tancredi Palmerovic, Christian Falkovic, Duncan Castlovic, Jan Aage Fjortovic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #594 on: July 23, 2017, 12:18:50 am »

When fit, both Mane and Salah will start. Don't worry about the backups. Our manager has it covered.

Offline Nogg3000

• Main Stander
  • Come get some!
« Reply #595 on: July 23, 2017, 10:40:48 am »
Reminds me of the Zohan.

https://youtu.be/MK45fEgNdi8

Offline Linudden

• Twpsyn gwirion. Definitely a Ron DeSantis fanboy
  • Legacy Fan
  • Linudden.
« Reply #596 on: July 23, 2017, 12:13:55 pm »
The 25-year-old also expressed excitement at the prospect of training in cooler weather next week as Klopp and co head back to Europe.

He said: "It's too hot here!

"We're going back tonight, flying 14 hours, and I think the English weather will be much better!"

Coming from someone from between Alexandria and Cairo that's just class! Cheers Mo  ;D

2 goals in 3... is also a great start  :scarf That run for the header was just immense!
« Last Edit: July 23, 2017, 12:16:28 pm by Linudden »
Linudden.

Offline Asam

• has a mankini
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #597 on: July 23, 2017, 01:59:02 pm »

What would constitute a good season for him? 10 goals & 10 assists?

Offline Zlen

• Suspicious of systems. But getting lots.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #598 on: July 23, 2017, 02:25:45 pm »

What would constitute a good season for him? 10 goals & 10 assists?

That would be good.
I am hoping for 15+15 and think he's easily capable of delivering that.

Offline 88_RED

• Not a real bookie though.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #599 on: July 23, 2017, 03:09:44 pm »
Mane and Salah will destroy teams who play with a high line against us..

Real test will come against park the bus c*nts who defend on the edge of their box.. Not much space to run in behind..

Having said that.. I just have a feeling that he will score 12 goals and get 11 assists for us this season..

F*CK 0FF Mourinho..