Author Topic: Pre-Season Friendly 1: Guangdong 3-4 Liverpool (Poulsen, NīGog, Coady, Carroll)  (Read 6650 times)

Offline BabuYagu

• It's Portuguese for 'BabyYoghurt'. The John Motson of RAWK. Or Barry Davies. Or Charley Boorman, even. Expertly silent fist-pumper. Needs to pay more attention. Repeatly analing goalkeepers.
  • Legacy Fan
  • wakelet.com/@BabuYagu
    • Wakelet of the Articles I have written
Re: Pre-Season Friendly 1: Guangdong 0-2 Liverpool (Poulsen, NīGog)
« Reply #40 on: July 13, 2011, 02:13:30 pm »
Anybody surprised that Agger and not Kuyt is waering the armband here? I know its a means nothing game and Lucas wore it last preseason... I just thought Kuyt and Reina were the vice-captains!
My first article on Anfield Index on Shaqiri. Enjoy. bit.ly/2mAq3Qd

Offline BabuYagu

• It's Portuguese for 'BabyYoghurt'. The John Motson of RAWK. Or Barry Davies. Or Charley Boorman, even. Expertly silent fist-pumper. Needs to pay more attention. Repeatly analing goalkeepers.
  • Legacy Fan
  • wakelet.com/@BabuYagu
« Reply #41 on: July 13, 2011, 02:16:18 pm »
Minor technical problem, Iīm back now.

A working stream for anybody needing one - http://mypremium.tv/ & click on ESPN UK

Offline BabuYagu

• Legacy Fan
  • wakelet.com/@BabuYagu
« Reply #42 on: July 13, 2011, 02:17:11 pm »
7 mins - Defence splitting ball by Adam with his right, but Kuyts chipped shot is wide of the near post.

Offline BabuYagu

• Legacy Fan
  • wakelet.com/@BabuYagu
« Reply #43 on: July 13, 2011, 02:18:37 pm »
Adam is making himself available at every oppertunity and the rest of the team seem to be looking for him also. Seems he will be the center of every move for us. The new Alonso could be right!

Offline BabuYagu

• Legacy Fan
  • wakelet.com/@BabuYagu
Re: Pre-Season Friendly 1: Guangdong 1-2 Liverpool (Poulsen, NīGog)
« Reply #44 on: July 13, 2011, 02:23:42 pm »
Second half team
Jones
Wisdom    Kyrgiakos   Agger(c)   Robinson
Coady   Adam
Kuyt   Aquilani   Maxi
Carroll
« Last Edit: July 13, 2011, 02:26:33 pm by BabuYagu »

Offline BabuYagu

• Legacy Fan
  • wakelet.com/@BabuYagu
« Reply #45 on: July 13, 2011, 02:26:11 pm »
13 mins - Through ball by Adam to Carroll but Diakhite reads it well and cuts it out. Then plays a scary chipped backpass to the goalkeeper who volleys out for a throwin. Then glares at his CB while his manager does the same.

I have to say this Guangdong team plays like a bunch of dongs. Moments of good play intersperced with moments of clownshit insanity at the back

Offline BabuYagu

• Legacy Fan
  • wakelet.com/@BabuYagu
« Reply #46 on: July 13, 2011, 02:28:06 pm »
15 mins - Agger then Wisdom defend nicely to breakdown a Guangdong attack. Liverpool counter and carroll works hard to get the ball to Aquilani. He then works it out to Maxi who overhits his cross to Carroll at the backpost.

Offline BabuYagu

• Legacy Fan
  • wakelet.com/@BabuYagu
« Reply #47 on: July 13, 2011, 02:34:44 pm »
24 mins - Dirk Kuyt beats the left back about 11 times, turning inside and out.... before his poor cross.

Aquilani now given offside. He controlled well and volled under pressure. Wide though

Subs - Hansen on for Jones who touched the ball maybe once!

Offline BabuYagu

• Legacy Fan
  • wakelet.com/@BabuYagu
« Reply #48 on: July 13, 2011, 02:35:35 pm »
GOLLLLAAAAAACIOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO Conor Coady

Offline BabuYagu

• Legacy Fan
  • wakelet.com/@BabuYagu
« Reply #49 on: July 13, 2011, 02:36:44 pm »
26 mins - Carroll (or AC unit as Dr Manhattan wants him to be known) does the target man job nicely. Holds it up then turns and plays a through ball to the onrushing Coady who blasts the ball into the goal. Nice finishing!

Offline BabuYagu

• Legacy Fan
  • wakelet.com/@BabuYagu
30 mins - Kuyt plays a good cross to the back post where Carroll volleys wildly and wide of goal. I do think this team are scared of him. I havenīt seen a defender get tight to him once

Offline BabuYagu

• Legacy Fan
  • wakelet.com/@BabuYagu
Aquilani is the darkest Italian Iīve seen! Does he live in a sunbed?

Reminds me of Dennis Hopper in True Romance that :D

Offline BabuYagu

• Legacy Fan
  • wakelet.com/@BabuYagu
Some highlights from the main forum thread

Why is Carroll not getting in the ox there?

:o Why arenīt you commiting beastiality? Why? When in Rome and all that!!!

Aaaand Guangdong bring on an 8-year-old goalkeeper.

I know people think lucas is 1st choice, but would love to see raul, aquilani and aquilani play in midfield some time.

Bring in the CLONE!!!!

Me too mate, love how he plays the game. On a side note, anyone think Adam needs to calm down a little. I know it's his first game, it's only a friendly, he wants to make an impression etc but he's been trying the spectacular everytime he's had the ball so far

Carroll is too slow  >:( runs like he is bouncing up and down purposely.

Not saying Wang Dong's keeper is too young, but that top he's got on is actually a Ladies size small.

Offline BabuYagu

• Legacy Fan
  • wakelet.com/@BabuYagu
36 mins - Adam shows how poor his tackling is by winning it back, squaring to Carroll.... who plays a 1-2 with Maxi before chipping over the goalkeeper. GOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllacioooooooooo

Offline BabuYagu

• Legacy Fan
  • wakelet.com/@BabuYagu
41 mins - Carroll with a nice run down into the left channel.... then lays it back to Aqua. His through ball to Kuyt is a yard in front of him, Kuyt streetches, cant reach and it rolls out for a throw. Almost....

Offline BabuYagu

• Legacy Fan
  • wakelet.com/@BabuYagu
44 mins - Adam with a huge long ball into the left wing position where Robinson tries to keep it in unsuccessfully. Nice idea and almost pulled it over.

Guangdong now on the attack and nice play by Lu Lin cutting inside Wisdom and finishing nicely into the bottom corner.

2 mins added on

Offline BabuYagu

• Legacy Fan
  • wakelet.com/@BabuYagu
45mins - Yin Hongbo scores a third for Guangdong. Ball played across the box and Yins quick feet takes him away from Agger and plays it past Hansen into the goal. Adam doesnt look happy

FULL TIME!