Author Topic: Dave's TV Snobbery Topic with added Low Brow Self Indulgences  (Read 1235802 times)

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
Re: Dave's TV Snobbery Topic with added Low Brow Self Indulgences
« Reply #16040 on: April 14, 2024, 12:09:56 pm »
Finished Cardinal... brutal and grim...
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Offline Stubbins

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #16041 on: April 14, 2024, 12:23:45 pm »

Another Series that doesn't get as much credit as it deserves is Six Feet Under. I'd put it up there with Sopranos and Breaking Bad. Maybe not quite as action packed at times but the quality is high.

Six Feet Under is outstanding and in the final series it has one of the most memorable closing sequences I've ever seen.

Offline Hedley Lamarr

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16042 on: April 14, 2024, 01:47:30 pm »
Six Feet Under sits along Twin Peaks as my favourite show.  It’s simply brilliant.

Offline Tobelius

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16043 on: April 14, 2024, 05:23:00 pm »
Shardlake starts on Disney on May 1st.

Thanks! I'm a fan of the books and look forward to seeing this,please be good.

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #16044 on: April 14, 2024, 05:33:56 pm »
Might sign back up for Disney plus if the reviews are good.
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Craig S

• KOP CONDUCTOR
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16045 on: April 16, 2024, 11:04:27 am »
Baby Reindeer - fucking hell I thought it was going to be a comedy.
While it has humour in places, I think I spent the entirety of one episode gritting my teeth and feeling sick at what was unfolding. It is very harrowing in places.

It's a true story with names & places changed. Although the lead is the author and the person it actually happened to. It's very well written, so I suspect he is a better comedian and writer than the on screen caricature of himself.

Offline Saul Goodman

• Superfluous apostrophe's are us
  • Legacy Fan
  • Better call Saul!
    • Better Call Saul.
« Reply #16046 on: April 16, 2024, 11:18:07 am »
Six Feet Under is outstanding and in the final series it has one of the most memorable closing sequences I've ever seen.
Six Feet Under sits along Twin Peaks as my favourite show.  It’s simply brilliant.

I still think about the Six Feet Under ending every once in a while and go back to watch it even though its been close to a decade since I first watched the show.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2024, 11:19:55 am by Saul Goodman »

Offline bradders1011

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Eat your greens and sing your blues
« Reply #16047 on: April 16, 2024, 12:56:17 pm »
+1 for Six Feet Under, a masterpiece.
If I were a linesman, I would execute defenders who applauded my offsides.

Offline Kenny's Jacket

• Kenny's Vegan Jacket Potato. Talks more sense than me.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16048 on: April 16, 2024, 01:11:33 pm »
Baby Reindeer - fucking hell I thought it was going to be a comedy.
While it has humour in places, I think I spent the entirety of one episode gritting my teeth and feeling sick at what was unfolding. It is very harrowing in places.

It's a true story with names & places changed. Although the lead is the author and the person it actually happened to. It's very well written, so I suspect he is a better comedian and writer than the on screen caricature of himself.

Just come into talk about this, it wasnt on my list to watch, but started and finished it in one sitting.

I preferred the beginning
Spoiler
where it was about the stalker
[close]

Did you like it?

As I've said before, the Full English is just the base upon which the Scots/Welsh/NI have improved upon. Sorry but the Full English is the worst of the British breakfasts.

Offline Craig S

• KOP CONDUCTOR
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16049 on: April 16, 2024, 01:56:53 pm »
Just come into talk about this, it wasnt on my list to watch, but started and finished it in one sitting.

I preferred the beginning
Spoiler
where it was about the stalker
[close]

Did you like it?

Yes I did - if like is the correct word for it!

Offline Kenny's Jacket

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16050 on: April 16, 2024, 02:11:25 pm »
Yes I did - if like is the correct word for it!

I actually changed the question from Enjoy, thinking enjoy is definitely not the word.
As I've said before, the Full English is just the base upon which the Scots/Welsh/NI have improved upon. Sorry but the Full English is the worst of the British breakfasts.

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #16051 on: April 16, 2024, 02:20:50 pm »
Watched first two episodes of Ripley, quite good with a marvelous slow-build of tension. Really enjoying it so far…

Offline UntouchableLuis

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #16052 on: April 16, 2024, 07:15:21 pm »
Seen 5 episodes of Shogun and really enjoying it.

Once that's done I'm either going to start Fallout or Baby Reindeer - for those that have seen them, are they worth the watch? Time is quite limited for me at the minute so trying to be selective!
"IT'S ENDED.....THE EUROPEAN CUP IS RETURNING TO ENGLAND AND TO ANFIELD."

Offline Nitramdorf

• No longer as forward as he used to be, so has dropped back into midfield. Didn't you hear?
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16053 on: April 16, 2024, 07:20:59 pm »
Second series of Outer Range is out on May 16th.

https://www.imdb.com/video/imdb/vi1257752089/?ref_=ext_shr

Offline afc tukrish

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #16054 on: April 16, 2024, 08:58:27 pm »

Good news, enjoyed the first season quite a bit...

Offline Gili Gulu

• Looking forward to seeing the Golden Sky
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16055 on: April 16, 2024, 09:16:35 pm »

Once that's done I'm either going to start Fallout or Baby Reindeer - for those that have seen them, are they worth the watch? Time is quite limited for me at the minute so trying to be selective!

Heard a rave review of Baby Reindeer on Radio 5 Live. Both TV Critics loved it and said it was a must watch.
Gili Gulu. (嘰哩咕嚕) means saying something no-one understands but yourself; a little rambling or a silly language between friends

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16056 on: April 16, 2024, 10:27:27 pm »
Heard a rave review of Baby Reindeer on Radio 5 Live. Both TV Critics loved it and said it was a must watch.
It’s a true story. It’s really wild. I think it goes on a little too long but it is quite something.
Not many roles where you can play yourself either
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16057 on: April 16, 2024, 10:38:14 pm »

Fallout is brilliantly done and great fun.

I always recommend 'Hell on Wheels ' and Legion (Marvel Spin off).
« Last Edit: April 16, 2024, 10:41:09 pm by WhereAngelsPlay »
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline Gili Gulu

• Looking forward to seeing the Golden Sky
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16058 on: April 16, 2024, 11:56:10 pm »

That Josh Brolin is doing alright for himself isn't he?
Gili Gulu. (嘰哩咕嚕) means saying something no-one understands but yourself; a little rambling or a silly language between friends

Offline Cracking Left Foot

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16059 on: April 17, 2024, 04:40:05 pm »
I saw the original stage version of Baby Reindeer in Edinburgh in 2019 - it was genuinely one of the most unsettling things I'd ever seen, despite it being just a 60 minute monologue. I remember coming out feeling quite shaky. Definitely going to watch the TV show, but sounds like it's even more disturbing than Gadd's original show!

Offline Ciara (with a capital "C")

• Not fussed on Krispy Kremes
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Taylor Swift is fucking awesome. #FreeAdnan
« Reply #16060 on: April 17, 2024, 05:10:53 pm »
We started Baby Reindeer on Saturday evening and then binged the remaining episodes Sunday evening. I didn't think I'd find anything more disturbing than our Crystal Palace performance, but I was wrong.

Knowing that is based on a true story, of the main actor, was probably what kept me invested so long as there were definitely uncomfortable moments where I could have checked out. Certainly some things I would have assumed were too far fetched for a programme, but it was harrowing.

Offline TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #16061 on: April 17, 2024, 05:36:55 pm »
Yes, feel very similar
W

Offline Nitramdorf

• No longer as forward as he used to be, so has dropped back into midfield. Didn't you hear?
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16062 on: April 17, 2024, 05:57:18 pm »
The third and final series of Sweet Tooth is out on June 6th.

https://twitter.com/SweetTooth/status/1780627295171932259?t=rreCW3mFpVV008ASF10nvQ&s=19
« Last Edit: April 17, 2024, 06:05:02 pm by Nitramdorf »

Offline Nitramdorf

• Legacy Fan

Offline Buster Gonad

• Kopite
« Reply #16064 on: April 18, 2024, 05:20:44 am »
After we finished Kin, I stumbled upon someone in this thread recommending Love/Hate.

Feck, that was good! Watched the whole 5 series in about 2.5 weeks. On another level to Kin IMO.

Looking forwrard to Blue Lights coming back on Monday but that'll come and go.

Have started both The Wire and True Detective in the last 6 months but didn't get past 1-2 episodes of either, so think I will go back to those and revist as they are too highly rated and aligned to what I normally like to not give them a proper go. The Wire felt quite dated in the first episode and True Detective got a bit weird early doors.

The wire is a slow burner so don't expect to be blown away early on. It becomes one of if not the best show ever.

Offline Buster Gonad

• Kopite
« Reply #16065 on: April 18, 2024, 05:22:27 am »
Started Southland on a recommendation. It's from 2014 and a very gritty LA cop show. Really impressed so far and apparently it gets better after the first series.

Offline Claire.

• RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16066 on: April 18, 2024, 09:36:20 am »
Have started both The Wire and True Detective in the last 6 months but didn't get past 1-2 episodes of either, so think I will go back to those and revist as they are too highly rated and aligned to what I normally like to not give them a proper go. The Wire felt quite dated in the first episode and True Detective got a bit weird early doors.

With The Wire, I watched it early 2000s and it looked dated in a sort of Jerry Springer way, but that accent and the slang gets easier to understand as it progresses, I think I had to watch the first two eps twice and then I was good. It's worth sticking in!

Offline Ziltoid

• Grass. See you at next year's panto (oh no you won't!). Carrot-topped Phallic Snowman Extraordinaire.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Scrubbers
« Reply #16067 on: April 18, 2024, 09:42:44 am »
Watched first 4 episodes of Baby Reindeer last night - really wasn't what i was expecting.  Fantastic so far although it's pretty grim stuff.

Offline Kenny's Jacket

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16068 on: April 18, 2024, 09:53:10 am »
Watched first 4 episodes of Baby Reindeer last night - really wasn't what i was expecting.  Fantastic so far although it's pretty grim stuff.

Yeah it really turns on ep4. 
fascinating programme

Offline Stubbins

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #16069 on: April 18, 2024, 02:12:18 pm »

Finished Ripley last night. Hadn't intended to binge it but just got progressively drawn in. It's a slow burn for sure but the tension gets ramped up with each episode. Wonderfully atmospheric in black and white. Well worth a watch I think.

Offline Draex

• Geek God of Typing Letters. Hugo unleashes Jaws? Purveyor of fuel products in Kent.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16070 on: April 18, 2024, 03:27:45 pm »
Nearly finished Homecoming series 2, it's really good, not like best of all times tackle but an enjoyable watch like the first season.

Offline afc tukrish

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #16071 on: April 18, 2024, 04:10:05 pm »
Finished Ripley last night. Hadn't intended to binge it but just got progressively drawn in. It's a slow burn for sure but the tension gets ramped up with each episode. Wonderfully atmospheric in black and white. Well worth a watch I think.

Just finished the episode with the cat, brought bits of much-needed levity to above-referenced tension ramping up.

Really is worth a watch, and found Sting Jr.'s performance to be quire good as well...

Offline Stubbins

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #16072 on: April 18, 2024, 05:16:15 pm »
Just finished the episode with the cat, brought bits of much-needed levity to above-referenced tension ramping up.

Really is worth a watch, and found Sting Jr.'s performance to be quire good as well...

I had no idea until you posted that the Freddie Miles character was played by Eliot Sumner and the family connection. I had to google it. Yes very good performance and very ambiguous which I guess is what they were after. Cat was the star in that episode though  ;D

Offline RedDeadRejection

• Kopite
« Reply #16073 on: April 19, 2024, 10:53:36 am »
Baby Reindeer was very powerful stuff. Really was.

Online Trada

• Fully paid up member of the JC cult. Ex-Tory boy. Corbyn's Chief Hagiographer. Sometimes hasn't got a kloop.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #16074 on: April 19, 2024, 11:23:59 am »
'Fallout' Renewed For Season 2
Don't blame me I voted for Jeremy Corbyn!!

Miss you Tracy more and more every day xxx

“I carry them with me: what they would have thought and said and done. Make them a part of who I am. So even though they’re gone from the world they’re never gone from me.

Offline afc tukrish

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #16075 on: April 19, 2024, 12:41:24 pm »
I had no idea until you posted that the Freddie Miles character was played by Eliot Sumner and the family connection. I had to google it. Yes very good performance and very ambiguous which I guess is what they were after. Cat was the star in that episode though  ;D

Enzo, and his dog also named Enzo...

Offline Brian Blessed

• Gordon's ALIVE? Practically Bear Grylls. Backwards Bluesman Bastard.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Feedback Tourist #4
« Reply #16076 on: April 19, 2024, 05:22:19 pm »
Another shout for Baby Reindeer. It’s a show you’ll enjoy watching , but it is a show you should be watching.

I really like the structure. For the first three episodes, I honestly didn’t have much sympathy for Donnie, particularly how he was treating Teri. But episode four was a real eye opener.
Anyone else being strangely drawn to Dion Dublin's nipples?

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16077 on: April 19, 2024, 06:39:28 pm »
Yep, hopefully people aren't dissuaded by it being in b&w. It was superb, loved it.

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #16078 on: April 19, 2024, 07:01:00 pm »
Yep, hopefully people aren't dissuaded by it being in b&w. It was superb, loved it.

I guess that’s less of a novelty for you John.

Offline Statto Red

• Hung like a sperm whale but only around the middle. Proud owner of a couple of spare arms, although is pits pong like the bins, not very appealing. Bambi on ice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #16079 on: April 20, 2024, 04:27:45 am »
Season 3 of Clarkson's Farm out 3rd May

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9k9NMbQe0C4
#Sausages