Author Topic: Trent Alexander-Arnold  (Read 1393632 times)

Online Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Trent Alexander-Arnold
« Reply #13800 on: February 10, 2024, 08:18:09 pm »
Is it most assists of all time or since 1992?
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline TipTopKop

• Legacy Fan
  • Call Meeeeeee The Splund
« Reply #13801 on: February 10, 2024, 08:21:50 pm »
I didn't know that stat for assists, well done all the same.

Offline ljycb

• RAWK's Bullen Oracle of Wisdom & Knowledge, the Collective Voice of our Moral Conscience
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13802 on: February 10, 2024, 11:56:49 pm »

Since 1992 - think all time is more difficult to verify, but then again, I’d be surprised if he isn’t close to or beyond whatever the all time record is.

Offline spider-neil

• Can watch 30 games in a day. He's not Spidey - he's Sway!
  • Legacy Fan
  • does whatever a spider can, spins a web any size
« Reply #13803 on: February 11, 2024, 05:28:31 am »

Almost certainly it will be all time. Trent has pretty much redefined the right back position.

Offline spider-neil

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #13804 on: February 11, 2024, 05:30:58 am »
Klopp confirmed he felt his knee again.

Fuck. All the people that wanted him out of the team (and there are some mad people out there) be careful what you wish for.

Online MonsLibpool

• Glass always half empty.......
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #13805 on: February 11, 2024, 10:07:17 am »
Fuck. All the people that wanted him out of the team (and there are some mad people out there) be careful what you wish for.
Some wanted him in a different position where his talents could be put to better use and his weaknesses can be masked.  Besides, he has missed a few games thus season and we were perfectly fine without him. Same with Robbo too (we have decent depth).

The new manager need to seriously evaluate his position goung forward because the last game sums him up. Great going forward but his poor defending led to a cheap corner and their equaliser.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2024, 10:57:48 am by MonsLibpool »

Offline MD1990

• Makes your eyes bleed and your brain hurt.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13806 on: March 7, 2024, 12:10:34 pm »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yaEHFk2yqlM

he really does prefer a role in midfield.
Wants to play in the centre of midfield
you imagine with Bradley i think its likely  new manager will move him to a midfield role

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #13807 on: March 7, 2024, 12:21:05 pm »

you imagine with Bradley i think its likely  new manager will move him to a midfield role

He should play where the manager needs him to play. I am sure Joe would like to play as a CB, but sometimes the needs of the team comes first.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline vblfc

• "Verily, behold! Liverpool Football Club!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Let your soul and spirit fly Into the mystic
« Reply #13808 on: March 7, 2024, 01:23:19 pm »
Some wanted him in a different position where his talents could be put to better use and his weaknesses can be masked.  Besides, he has missed a few games thus season and we were perfectly fine without him. Same with Robbo too (we have decent depth).

The new manager need to seriously evaluate his position goung forward because the last game sums him up. Great going forward but his poor defending led to a cheap corner and their equaliser.
Weaknesses masked?  More than bit harsh I think. Trent plays a high risk role at right back. The result is the best attacking fullback in the league. With some “weaknesses” as a trade off.

Online A-Bomb

• Garlic Butter Coming. Isn’t as good as Divock Origi. Can we sell him?
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13809 on: March 7, 2024, 01:34:25 pm »
Weaknesses masked?  More than bit harsh I think. Trent plays a high risk role at right back. The result is the best attacking fullback in the league. With some “weaknesses” as a trade off.

I love Trent as a footballer, some of his passes have me scratching my head with amazement, he's a super talented young man.

Trent's greatest strength is his delivery and vision, defending is certainly, however, not one of his stronger talents....he lacks urgency at times, he often can be caught in awkward body positions (flat footed and facing on) He doesn't dominate spaces defensively either on the deck or aerially. His spacial awareness defensively can sometimes come into question.

I think in time we'll see Bradley be a more complete option down the right flank as he has more tools that suit the defensive situations required along with a cracking engine and importantly a threat when arriving in the final third too in a different way to Trent.

Trent is a bit of an enigma, for me i'd want to move him infield permanently - perhaps a new manager with new ideas and set up will benefit Trent the most and unleash all his qualities without having to patrol the full back space defensively.

Offline has gone odd

• a tru-ro...I mean....red!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13810 on: March 7, 2024, 01:38:53 pm »
He should play where the manager needs him to play. I am sure Joe would like to play as a CB, but sometimes the needs of the team comes first.

That's why fans love Joe, he quietly sticks to any role that is asked of him, a bit like a younger Milner really.

I know its a Trent thread but anyways!
- all in my opinion of course -

Offline FlashGordon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2021 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #13811 on: March 7, 2024, 01:41:02 pm »
That's why fans love Joe, he quietly sticks to any role that is asked of him, a bit like a younger Milner really.

I know its a Trent thread but anyways!

In fairness, Trent is one of the best footballers of his or any generation, Gomez isn't quite on that level. Sometimes you need to know your role.
So bloody what? If you watch football to be absolutely miserable then go watch cricket.

Offline vblfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13812 on: March 7, 2024, 02:09:34 pm »
I love Trent as a footballer, some of his passes have me scratching my head with amazement, he's a super talented young man.

Trent's greatest strength is his delivery and vision, defending is certainly, however, not one of his stronger talents....he lacks urgency at times, he often can be caught in awkward body positions (flat footed and facing on) He doesn't dominate spaces defensively either on the deck or aerially. His spacial awareness defensively can sometimes come into question.

I think in time we'll see Bradley be a more complete option down the right flank as he has more tools that suit the defensive situations required along with a cracking engine and importantly a threat when arriving in the final third too in a different way to Trent.

Trent is a bit of an enigma, for me i'd want to move him infield permanently - perhaps a new manager with new ideas and set up will benefit Trent the most and unleash all his qualities without having to patrol the full back space defensively.
We haven’t asked Trent to be a traditional fullback. Rarher a type of hybid attacking fullback like we have never seen, attacking, sometimes overlapping Salah, inverted and a goal threat as an extra midfielder and by default to be a reduced version of a traditional safe right back. That’s why Konate’s role (and Virgil and Robbo) have evolved - to allow Trent the freedom to “quarterback” and assist.
I agree Bradley is really great and likely a safer overlapping style fullback, but that wasn‘t what we normally ask Trent to do. (We were not asking him for traditional and safe). I guess  neither Trent nor Conor can do both, but I don't see that as a Trent weakness. Depends what the manager wants I guess.

Online JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • President of the Harry Wilson fanclub
« Reply #13813 on: March 7, 2024, 02:10:47 pm »

His problem is Klopp could've moved him into midfield at any time and hasn't, even when we've had a chronic need for more quality in midfield. Southgate has started him there, what twice?, against bad opposition - doesn't seem like he'll start a meaningful game there for England
He needs the next coach to see him as a midfielder which I'm not sure they will
The question is whether of any of this is wrapped up in his contract situation - its sort of the big un-discussed topic at the moment

Online A-Bomb

• Garlic Butter Coming. Isn’t as good as Divock Origi. Can we sell him?
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13814 on: March 7, 2024, 02:21:29 pm »
We haven’t asked Trent to be a traditional fullback. Rarher a type of hybid attacking fullback like we have never seen, attacking, sometimes overlapping Salah, inverted and a goal threat as an extra midfielder and by default to be a reduced version of a traditional safe right back. That’s why Konate’s role (and Virgil and Robbo) have evolved - to allow Trent the freedom to “quarterback” and assist.
I agree Bradley is really great and likely a safer overlapping style fullback, but that wasn‘t what we normally ask Trent to do. (We were not asking him for traditional and safe). I guess  neither Trent nor Conor can do both, but I don't see that as a Trent weakness. Depends what the manager wants I guess.

He's a fullback when we are out of possession, when in possession he takes up different spaces. It is because of his abilities on the ball that have driven the desire to get him on the ball more frequently (inverting) so he can influence the game more.

However when we were romping Europe and won our league title, he was absolutely a traditional full back up and down the flank and i have to be honest i much preferred that set up. As a team we had much better width and balance, there were very clear defined roles across the first 11. With Trent floating when on the ball, in transitions when we lose the ball we lose defensive solidity by having large spaces that can be countered into - but that's more tic tacs than it is about Trent.

The role KdB plays for Man City, is the role i believe we should be looking to explore with Trent. There is a creative freedom to roam from central positions along with picking up positions in channels and between the lines. With Trent's delivery, he could absolutely help us unlock those teams in particular that come to Anfield and park the bus. With Bradley playing a more traditional right full back role.

Offline MD1990

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #13815 on: March 7, 2024, 02:22:33 pm »
His problem is Klopp could've moved him into midfield at any time and hasn't, even when we've had a chronic need for more quality in midfield. Southgate has started him there, what twice?, against bad opposition - doesn't seem like he'll start a meaningful game there for England
He needs the next coach to see him as a midfielder which I'm not sure they will
The question is whether of any of this is wrapped up in his contract situation - its sort of the big un-discussed topic at the moment
good point he it totally unproven in midfield

Offline MD1990

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #13816 on: March 7, 2024, 02:24:03 pm »
He's a fullback when we are out of possession, when in possession he takes up different spaces. It is because of his abilities on the ball that have driven the desire to get him on the ball more frequently (inverting) so he can influence the game more.

However when we were romping Europe and won our league title, he was absolutely a traditional full back up and down the flank and i have to be honest i much preferred that set up. As a team we had much better width and balance, there were very clear defined roles across the first 11. With Trent floating when on the ball, in transitions when we lose the ball we lose defensive solidity by having large spaces that can be countered into - but that's more tic tacs than it is about Trent.

The role KdB plays for Man City, is the role i believe we should be looking to explore with Trent. There is a creative freedom to roam from central positions along with picking up positions in channels and between the lines. With Trent's delivery, he could absolutely help us unlock those teams in particular that come to Anfield and park the bus. With Bradley playing a more traditional right full back role.
We scored 12 goals against Chelsea,Luton & Boyrneouth with Bradley as our RB. Not a coincidence as we have width

Offline vblfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13817 on: March 7, 2024, 03:38:40 pm »

I agree with all this. And when Trent was a fullback only, we were indeed romping it at times. But things changed and if you ask a player to be inverted (in midfield) then a fullback when out of possession, then that player (any player) obviously gets stretched. That not a Trent weakness is my only point. He is doing what he’s asked to do.

Offline Draex

• Geek God of Typing Letters. Hugo unleashes Jaws? Purveyor of fuel products in Kent.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13818 on: March 7, 2024, 04:21:07 pm »
I agree with all this. And when Trent was a fullback only, we were indeed romping it at times. But things changed and if you ask a player to be inverted (in midfield) then a fullback when out of possession, then that player (any player) obviously gets stretched. That not a Trent weakness is my only point. He is doing what he’s asked to do.

I disagree, Bradley/Gomez doing the same job are far better defensively, so it's a person thing not a player thing. They are both much less of a creative threat, although Bradley has surprised me, so it's a risk v's reward thing.

Offline ValiantInstance

• Main Stander
« Reply #13819 on: March 7, 2024, 04:25:30 pm »
Whatever the argument about Trent is, one thing I'm certain on is that playing in midfield for England has absolutely no bearing on where he should play for Liverpool. The standard of international football is much lower and you can get away with murder at times. See Harry Maguire being a mainstay of a team that's made the WC semi finals and the Euros final.

I think there's a good reason why Jurgen has only gone as far as making him an inverted fullback instead of playing him on the right side of the 3.
« Last Edit: March 7, 2024, 04:27:11 pm by ValiantInstance »

Online Legs

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #13820 on: March 7, 2024, 05:24:18 pm »
Trent v Haaland jeez Sky love to stir the pot.

Basically Trent is saying City are cheating c**ts without actually using those words.

Offline tunred

• Main Stander
  • ici c'est liverpool
« Reply #13821 on: March 8, 2024, 03:04:15 pm »
Pep wishes him a speedy recovery  ;D

Offline Peabee

• SKPB! Is goin' down der Asd.....der Waitrose.....anyone wannany hummus?
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13822 on: March 8, 2024, 03:07:05 pm »
Trent v Haaland jeez Sky love to stir the pot.

Basically Trent is saying City are cheating c**ts without actually using those words.

Wasn't the interview actually from last year?
We aren't walking through the storm now - we are the storm.

Online duvva 💅

• lippa RAWK Diivva, broke Kenny's sky
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC Quiz Rivals Most Hated
« Reply #13823 on: March 8, 2024, 03:40:01 pm »
Wasn't the interview actually from last year?
They’ve been cheating c*nts for a long time :)
"If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly" - Jurgen Klopp

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13824 on: March 8, 2024, 10:13:06 pm »
Is Bradley more "athletic" than Trent? I'm probably asking the question incorrectly - but Bradley seems like he gets up and down in an easier fashion.

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13825 on: March 8, 2024, 10:14:36 pm »
Is Bradley more "athletic" than Trent? I'm probably asking the question incorrectly - but Bradley seems like he gets up and down in an easier fashion.

I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Kloppage Time

• Anny Roader
  • ¯⁠\⁠_⁠(⁠⊙⁠_⁠ʖ⁠⊙⁠)⁠_⁠/⁠¯
« Reply #13826 on: March 8, 2024, 10:14:57 pm »
Silly boy
Anyone can have a good day, but you have to be able to perform on a bad day.

Jurgen Klopp

Offline spider-neil

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #13827 on: March 9, 2024, 05:02:56 am »

Offline DangerScouse

• "You picked on the wrong city!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13828 on: March 9, 2024, 07:46:18 am »

Offline alonsoisared

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13829 on: March 9, 2024, 07:48:56 am »
Where?

Offline spider-neil

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #13830 on: March 9, 2024, 08:10:44 am »

Online DelTrotter

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #13831 on: March 9, 2024, 08:47:13 am »
This place will be unbearable if we lose tomorrow, loads of weirdos actually think City weren't going to try tomorrow but are now motivated by an interview. Bizarre.

Brilliant from Trent to call them out and it upsetting the City worshippers on here is beautiful.

Online Knight

• No one understands football like me.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13832 on: March 9, 2024, 08:58:30 am »
This place will be unbearable if we lose tomorrow, loads of weirdos actually think City weren't going to try tomorrow but are now motivated by an interview. Bizarre.

Brilliant from Trent to call them out and it upsetting the City worshippers on here is beautiful.

lol quite.
« Last Edit: March 9, 2024, 09:00:46 am by Knight »

Offline 12Kings

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #13833 on: March 9, 2024, 09:10:58 am »
Noel Gallagher from the famed soft drink brand Oasis even jumped in on the topic on 5Live last night 🍊🤦🏻

Online MonsLibpool

• Glass always half empty.......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13834 on: March 9, 2024, 09:21:34 am »
His comments don't have any impact on the game but it does on the narrative and it's given the media some potential soundbites.

Like I said yesterday,  everybody (not just here) agrees with him but it's something that should be discussed in the dressing room. Also, some City players are his international teammates and it makes things a bit awkward for him when they meet up. He's our vice captain now and not a kid anymore and he could be more savvy with the media.

It's like Jurgen coming out and talking up our title chances. For sure, the team discusses it internally but ge's reserved wgen facing the press.

It's better to just give vague answers. Virg would have probably said "Obviously (LOL), they are a great team and it's been a great challenge coming up against them. However, we need to focus on ourselves..."
« Last Edit: March 9, 2024, 09:24:25 am by MonsLibpool »

Online reddebs

• areddwarfis4lifenotjust4xmas
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13835 on: March 9, 2024, 09:31:04 am »
Jesus Christ it's like a soft fucking primary school playground in here.  These guys are at the height of competitive sport but ooh ooh..... we shouldn't be saying nasty things about each other in case it makes them mad/upset/motivated.

Fucking cryarsing fannies, you'd never survive 5 minutes back in the 60s 🤷🤦

Online Believe

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #13836 on: March 9, 2024, 10:01:40 am »
Haaland's response will fire us up, not that we need it!!

If the game's played on adrenaline and emotion, we'll win and convincingly too.

Offline kop306

• Anny Roader
« Reply #13837 on: March 9, 2024, 10:44:50 am »
we need to sing the trent song a lot tomorrow

Offline 12Kings

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #13838 on: March 9, 2024, 11:09:05 am »
I love what Trent said, he speaks the truth, us winning the premier league the way we did with the limited resources we had and still have, against that juggernaut of endless wealth - winning it just once (the league) absolutely means more than anything they have won since they sold out to a bottomless pit of oil.
The way some of them have reacted confirms this is true.
There is obviously an embargo now in place preventing anyone in the media mentioning cities numerous  charges for cheating they’re way to glory, but it’s to expected they jump on Trent’s interview, because that’s what you want to do before a big match right? it’s just fighting talking isn’t it? The build up to any big fight.
« Last Edit: March 9, 2024, 07:39:10 pm by 12Kings »

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13839 on: March 9, 2024, 01:53:08 pm »
Jesus Christ it's like a soft fucking primary school playground in here.  These guys are at the height of competitive sport but ooh ooh..... we shouldn't be saying nasty things about each other in case it makes them mad/upset/motivated.

Fucking cryarsing fannies, you'd never survive 5 minutes back in the 60s 🤷🤦

Pathetic isn't it & doubly so considering he's talking about those cheating c*nts.

And fuck the media with a shit covered, spiky stick.
« Last Edit: March 9, 2024, 01:55:45 pm by WhereAngelsPlay »
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill