Author Topic: Rafa Benitez - no longer at Celta Vigo  (Read 33565 times)

Offline oojason

• The Official RAWK Audio Visual God. Founder Member of the Ricky Gervais' 'David Brad Fan Club'.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
Re: Rafa Benitez - at Celta Vigo
« Reply #200 on: January 17, 2024, 11:53:41 pm »
Valencia 1 - 3 Celta Vigo : Copa del Rey - Last 16 : Wednesday 17th January - 8pm kick off.

Valencia XI: Domenech; Thierry, Yarek, Paulista, Jesús Vázquez; Fran Pérez, Pepelu, Javi Guerra; Marí, Diego López; Hugo Duro.
Celta XI: Iván Villar; Kevin, Startfelt, Carlos Domínguez, Ristic; Miguel, Beltrán, Sotelo, Luca de la Torre; Swedberg, Douvikas.

Valencia 0 - [1] Celta Vigo; Luca de la Torre 13' - https://streamin.one/v/4d88ce22
Valencia 0 - [2] Celta Vigo; Anastasios Douvikas penalty 18' - https://streamin.one/v/078f84f5
Valencia [1] - 2 Celta Vigo; Pepelu penalty 29' - https://streamin.one/v/a085218e
Valencia 1 - [3] Celta Vigo;  Anastasios Douvikas 80' -  https://twitter.com/aprokoPR/status/1747723618455285864

3 minute highlights: www.youtube.com/watch?v=2PvgTQoTZ1A      6 minute highlights from Celta: www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z8jC2kGfkkI

Onto the Quarter-Finals of the Copa del Rey for Celta; the draw for which is on Friday - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2023%E2%80%9324_Copa_del_Rey

Next up for Rafa is... Celta Vigo vs Real Sociedad (16th vs 6th), on Saturday 20th January - an 8pm kick off. Live in the UK on Viaplay Sports 1 & LALIGA TV

« Last Edit: January 18, 2024, 12:00:50 am by oojason »
Some 'Useful Info' for following the football + TV, Streams, Highlights & Replays etc - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769

A mini-index of RAWK's 'Liverpool Audio / Video Thread' content over the years; & more - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769.msg17787576#msg17787576

Offline surfer. Fuck you generator.

• surgood. As good as Suarez but CBA to play for us. Takes it on the chin and never holds a pointless grudge for several months.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #201 on: January 18, 2024, 08:48:23 am »
What's the general consensus on the job he's doing there? What do the Vigo fans make of him?

Not great, especially with the long periods of the low block but still being in the relegation zone up to a couple of game days ago.

https://fameceleste.foroactivo.com/t4070p980-rafa-benitez-entrenador

Can check there for yourself as well.

A few are a bit more understanding. Importantly, the club have stood by him, letting him work.

Think you're seeing the improving co-ordination and training work results start to come into play now. If they approach their league games as they did here, they'll get more fans onside. Not just the result, the positioning on the pitch. It's a tactical choice to drop the lines for him, hope he judges, with a more cohesive backline, the risk is acceptable to use the mid and high blocks more.

Offline MonsLibpool

• Glass always half empty.......
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #202 on: January 18, 2024, 08:51:50 am »
Football has moved on from his style of play.  The same applies to Mourinho.

Offline Bennett

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #203 on: January 18, 2024, 09:29:31 am »
Not great, especially with the long periods of the low block but still being in the relegation zone up to a couple of game days ago.

https://fameceleste.foroactivo.com/t4070p980-rafa-benitez-entrenador

Can check there for yourself as well.

A few are a bit more understanding. Importantly, the club have stood by him, letting him work.

Think you're seeing the improving co-ordination and training work results start to come into play now. If they approach their league games as they did here, they'll get more fans onside. Not just the result, the positioning on the pitch. It's a tactical choice to drop the lines for him, hope he judges, with a more cohesive backline, the risk is acceptable to use the mid and high blocks more.

Nice one. I'm inclined to agree with MonsLiverpool's opinion above but there is more than one way to cook an egg and he'll always hold a special place in my heart.

I think he leans into this a bit, but it does feel like he's never truly been given a fair crack of the whip at anywhere he's been in terms of financial backing. Hopefully he can build Celta up because there seems to be far more scope for breaking into the European places in Spain than there is here for a club of their relative size.

• surgood. As good as Suarez but CBA to play for us. Takes it on the chin and never holds a pointless grudge for several months.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #204 on: January 18, 2024, 06:03:12 pm »
It's 100 percent a tactical choice issue with Rafa. Choice, rather than ability.

If you observe carefully, at 0 - 0, his lines are up, the press goes right to the opposition goalie; at 1 - 0 up, they drop the lines, go for the counters; at 2 - 0 up the lines get pushed up again. It's risk reward based, taking into account the score.
Thing is, when the lines are pushed up, when he's got the players and has had the time to coach them - the team plays like any top side does, and does it well. Meaning his ability to prepare the team in both phases, for these game situations high up the pitch are as good as ever, even after the change in defender position rule for goalkicks, which altered the game.
He needs to strike a balance between these things, short build-up, going long, when to drop the lines so that overall, his teams can still have possession and build games the way you could in the 00s. In 2024 that will entail more risk in the build up, but not unduly so imo.

Offline disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
« Reply #205 on: January 18, 2024, 06:35:43 pm »
As far as the league goes he's been a bit unfortunate. They'd be comfortably mid table if a few games had just swung very slightly. If buts and maybes I know but they were 2-0 up at Barca with ten minutes left and lost the match, I always think when that happens it's on the players really. They matched Madrid early on in the season too but Bellingham scuffed one in from a corner just before the end.

What he's working with is distinctly average as well. They only survived on the final day last season, lost their star youngster in Veiga and to top it off it looks like Aspas is finally at that stage where he can't contribute much anymore. Been some player for them though.

Interesting to see if they can go further in the cup, if he takes that side to a final in his first season it'd probably be like taking our side to Istanbul in 2005 LOL. Apparently Manquillo is going to join from Newcastle shortly.
Proud follower of the city's junior, and far more successful footballing side

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

19 League Titles, 6 European Cups, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 10 League Cups, 4 European Super Cups, World Champions 2019. We live the dream.

Offline BoRed

• BoRing
  • Legacy Fan
  • BoRac
« Reply #206 on: January 19, 2024, 08:41:31 pm »
Onto the Quarter-Finals of the Copa del Rey for Celta; the draw for which is on Friday - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2023%E2%80%9324_Copa_del_Rey

Next up for Rafa is... Celta Vigo vs Real Sociedad (16th vs 6th), on Saturday 20th January - an 8pm kick off. Live in the UK on Viaplay Sports 1 & LALIGA TV

And home to Sociedad in the Cup again three days later. Probably one of the best draws they could have had, though Sociedad are a good side.

Offline oojason

• The Official RAWK Audio Visual God. Founder Member of the Ricky Gervais' 'David Brad Fan Club'.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
« Reply #207 on: January 20, 2024, 07:57:43 pm »
^ should be a couple of good matches ;D

Celta Vigo 0 - 1 Real Sociedad : League Match 21 : 8pm kick off : Live in the UK on Viaplay Sports 1 & LALIGA TV

Celta XI: Guaita; Mingueza, Núñez, Domínguez, Manu Sánchez; Miguel, Tapia, Dotor, De la Torre; Aspas, Larsen.
Sociedad XI: Remiro; Zubeldia, Le Normand, Pacheco, Aihen; Aramburu, Turrientes, Olasagasti, Brais Méndez; Magunazelaia, Sadiq.

Celta Vigo 0 - [1] Real Sociedad; Brais Mendez' 30 yarder on 11' - https://streamin.one/v/f063a0e4 & https://twitter.com/ViaplaySportsUK/status/1748802216280850795

Both sides with a great chance each to score - keepers making some good saves / better finishing required...

Larsen being manhandled throughout the match so far - yet the ref is not interested...

Brais Mendez hits the post with a long range freekick on 51'

0-1; full-time.

3 minute highlights: www.youtube.com/watch?v=_UXoVbZdyj4

« Last Edit: January 21, 2024, 03:36:40 am by oojason »
Some 'Useful Info' for following the football + TV, Streams, Highlights & Replays etc - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769

A mini-index of RAWK's 'Liverpool Audio / Video Thread' content over the years; & more - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769.msg17787576#msg17787576

Offline oojason

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
« Reply #208 on: January 23, 2024, 07:45:28 pm »
Celta Vigo 1 - 2 Real Sociedad : Copa del Rey - Quarter Final : Tuesday 23rd January - an 8pm kick off...

Celta XI: Villar; Kevin, Starfelt, Domínguez, Ristic;  Miguel, Jailson, Tapia, Hugo Álvarez; Swedberg, Douvikas.
Sociedad XI: Remiro; Aramburu, Le Normand, Zubeldia, Tierney; Becker, Zubimendi, Merino, Brais; Silva, Oyarzabal/

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2023%E2%80%9324_Copa_del_Rey

« Last Edit: January 23, 2024, 10:30:03 pm by oojason »

Offline Boston always unofficial

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #209 on: January 23, 2024, 08:36:58 pm »
Just got a stream up,Celta concede inside two minutes,should i switch off?

Offline oojason

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
« Reply #210 on: January 23, 2024, 08:45:23 pm »
Just got a stream up,Celta concede inside two minutes,should i switch off?

I knew it!!! ;)

Celta Vigo 0 - [1] Real Sociedad; Mikel Oyarzabal on 2' - https://streamin.one/v/95f06d1b & https://twitter.com/FootColic/status/1749893346649116799

Celta Vigo 0 - [2] Real Sociedad; Sheraldo Becker on 66' - https://streamin.one/v/9605b7d9 & https://twitter.com/FootColic/status/1749914918034297034

Celta Vigo [1] - 2 Real Sociedad; Luca de la Torre on 90+2' - https://streamin.one/v/b5ae200f & https://twitter.com/FootColic/status/1749921449974878703

1-2; full time.

3 minute highlights: www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ABS-5OOGxE

« Last Edit: January 24, 2024, 01:39:53 pm by oojason »

Offline benitezexpletives

• Anny Roader
« Reply #211 on: January 24, 2024, 10:22:02 am »
Rafa's right back in the mire after that pair of results. Just as it looked like he was turnings things around too.

Offline Vegeta

• Is definitely a vegetable. All posts stink like sprouts.
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #212 on: January 24, 2024, 10:42:58 am »
I think sadly just like Mourinho the game has passed him by I could see coaching in Saudi after his stint at Vigo is over. Just wish he would retire to be honest hurts to see this great man who won us the Europeon cup and La lLga titles with Valencia now slogging it away at minor teams and struggling.
150 IQ never wrong.

Offline oojason

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
« Reply #213 on: January 28, 2024, 01:58:05 pm »
Celta Vigo 0 -1 Girona : 16th vs 1st : League Match 22 : Sunday 28th January - a 1pm kick off...

Celta XI: Guaita; Mingueza, Unai Núñez, Starfelt, Domínguez, Manu Sánchez; Tapia, De la Torre, Strand Larsen, Aspas, Douvikas.
Girona XI: Gazzaniga; Yan Couto, Arnau Martínez, Blind, Miguel Gutiérrez; Aleix García, Herrera, Tsygankov, Sávio, Portu, Dovbyk.

Celta Vigo 0 - [1] Girona; Portu goal on 20' - https://streamin.one/v/9996df2e & https://twitter.com/ViaplaySportsUK/status/1751598358169362656

3 minute highlights: www.youtube.com/watch?v=VjaKrKN4ZWI

« Last Edit: January 28, 2024, 04:51:27 pm by oojason »

Offline BoRed

• BoRing
  • Legacy Fan
  • BoRac
« Reply #214 on: January 28, 2024, 02:03:57 pm »
Watched the first half, some truly awful finishing by Celta, had enough clear cut chances to be well ahead. I don't think anyone can blame Rafa, they're not playing badly, but he can only work with what he's got.

Offline oojason

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
« Reply #215 on: January 28, 2024, 02:31:02 pm »
Watched the first half, some truly awful finishing by Celta, had enough clear cut chances to be well ahead. I don't think anyone can blame Rafa, they're not playing badly, but he can only work with what he's got.

Yep, should be in the lead. Even in the first few minutes of the 2nd half Celta create a quality chance - a free shot from 18 yards out... and the guy hits it straight at the keeper.

Been like that much of the season (along with dodgy/harsh VAR/ref decisions) - there' certainly been more matches than not where where Celta have looked the better side... but for the poor finishing.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #216 on: January 29, 2024, 03:50:35 pm »
Just push the lines up Rafa, around 10 metres ahead of where they start moving to trigger the press now when 1 - 0 down, there's nothing left to protect, you're losing serially and when chasing a game, you can't have enough of the ball to get shots in. Stubbornness only looks good when you're getting results.
The Celta board have been incredibly supportive, all things considered.
In 2008, you chase a game, the opponents drop their lines for you to ostensibly protect the lead, you get the ball. These days, plenty of them don't, your job to have a solution ready for them.

Offline Black Bull Nova

• emo
  • Legacy Fan
  • The cheesy side of town
« Reply #217 on: January 29, 2024, 03:59:10 pm »
Celta are 17th now and one point above safety and out of the cup. Aside from game 1 they have only lost one game by more than one goal.

They have two mid table teams up next away followed by 4 games including playing 2 of the bottom 3 and Real and Barca.

This should define their season.
aarf, aarf, aarf.

Offline paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Take me 2 the magic of the moment on a glory night
« Reply #218 on: January 31, 2024, 11:47:52 am »
Football has moved on from his style of play.  The same applies to Mourinho.
Yeah I think the same unfortunately

I would have had him back in a heartbeat many a time

Sadly not now

I still love the guy though
yer ma should have called you Paolo Zico Gerry Socrates HELLRAZOR

Offline mattD

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #219 on: January 31, 2024, 11:51:09 am »
Yeah I think the same unfortunately

I would have had him back in a heartbeat many a time

Sadly not now

I still love the guy though

Same, unfortunately time has moved on.

I still wonder if he has something more to give. It wasn't that long ago he was outperforming with Newcastle and the fans loved him there. I do hope he finds his feet again.

Offline paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Take me 2 the magic of the moment on a glory night
« Reply #220 on: February 2, 2024, 09:53:10 am »
Same, unfortunately time has moved on.

I still wonder if he has something more to give. It wasn't that long ago he was outperforming with Newcastle and the fans loved him there. I do hope he finds his feet again.
I had the pleasure of meeting him at a book signing, absolute gent.

He really made some bad career moves but he was shafted a lot.

I cant imagine he is the easiest to get along with if he is manager at your club, whether you are board member, owner or player, mind you I do believe he does it for the good of the club, like with us.

As I said he was really shafted with a lot of clubs. Liverpool, Valencia, Inter, Napoli.

Real Madrid and chelsea pretty much made their mind up about him before he even got in the front door.

The only thing that made sense about going to Everton was getting to live in the city again, nothing else made sense there. Japan was a weird one too

It was nice to see Newcastle appreciate him, although that fat clown Ashley ruined all that

yer ma should have called you Paolo Zico Gerry Socrates HELLRAZOR

Offline oojason

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
« Reply #221 on: February 4, 2024, 04:12:19 pm »
Osasuna 0 - 3 Celta Vigo : League Match 23 : Sunday 4th February - a 3.15pm kick off : live in the UK on Viaplay Sports 1 & LaLiga TV

Osasuna XI: Herrera; Areso, David García, Catena, Juan Cruz, Rubén Peña; Iker Muñoz, Pablo Ibáñez, Moi Gómez, Raúl García, Budimir.
Celta XI: Guaita; Manquillo, Tapia, Unai Núñez, Domínguez, Ristić; Jaílson, Fran Beltrán; Mingueza, De la Torre, Strand Larsen.

Osasuna 0 - [1] Celta; Jorgen Strand Larsen 24' - https://streamin.one/v/c1059e36 & https://twitter.com/ViaplaySportsUK/status/1754169270689267989

Osasuna 0 - [2] Celta; Luca de la Torre 25' - https://streamin.one/v/efeb3f71 & https://twitter.com/FootColic/status/1754169295842488388

Osasuna 0 - [3] Celta Vigo; Anastasios Douvikas 90' - https://streamin.one/v/855f1979 & https://twitter.com/ViaplaySportsUK/status/1754190190027887016

3 minute highlights: www.youtube.com/watch?v=7gC3YKxS7Zc

« Last Edit: February 4, 2024, 06:01:52 pm by oojason »

Offline oojason

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
« Reply #222 on: February 11, 2024, 02:51:04 pm »
Getafe 3 - 2 Celta Vigo : League Match 24 : Sunday 11th Feb, a 1pm kick off : live in the UK on Viaplay Sports 2 and LALIGA TV...

Getafe XI: David Soria; Iglesias, Djené, Alderete, Diego Rico; Jordi, Maksimovic, Luis Milla, Greenwood; Mata, Borja Mayoral
Celta XI: Guaita; Manquillo, Jailson, Domínguez, Núñez, Ristic; Mingueza, Tapia, Fran Beltrán, Luca de la Torre; Larsen.

Getafe [1] - 0 Celta; Mayoral on 41' - https://twitter.com/FootColic/status/1756675761149223296
Getafe [2] - 0 Celta; Mata on 45+2' - https://twitter.com/FootColic/status/1756677030777631111
Getafe 2 - [1] Celta; Strand Larsen on 71' - https://twitter.com/FootColic/status/1756688587997823253
Getafe 2 - [2] Celta; Allende on 85' - https://twitter.com/FootColic/status/1756692186186346932
Getafe [3] - 2 Celta; Mata on 89' - https://twitter.com/FootColic/status/1756692957334278331  :no

3 minute highlights: www.youtube.com/watch?v=WlQwHkVTxmk

« Last Edit: February 11, 2024, 04:52:27 pm by oojason »

Offline Caligula?

• Most Negative poster on site, Moan, Moan, Moan, Liverpool are shite... Does he ever stop
  • Legacy Fan
  • SPQR
« Reply #223 on: February 11, 2024, 04:06:23 pm »
Unfortunately Rafa is yet another manager who has been left behind by the modern game.

Offline Sangria

• In trying to be right ends up wrong without fail
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #224 on: February 11, 2024, 10:16:25 pm »
Unfortunately Rafa is yet another manager who has been left behind by the modern game.

All managers do. We saw that most graphically with Dalglish. A student of pass and move that was revolutionary in its day, but which had been adopted by all strong sides, with newer managers building on that. A giant whose shoulders others stand on. But they are just that bit higher up, by virtue of standing on that giant.
"i just dont think (Lucas is) that type of player that Kenny wants"
Vidocq, 20 January 2011

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=267148.msg8032258#msg8032258

Offline Vegeta

• Anny Roader
« Reply #225 on: February 11, 2024, 10:32:53 pm »
I really wish he would just retire and just become a pundit or something. He's clearly washed and should not spend the final years of his career slumming it out at mediocre teams in the relegation zone, it's doing absolutely nothing for his legacy but harming it. Rarely see a manager turn around his career when he's been in decline for years, he needs to face some hard truths.
150 IQ never wrong.

Offline oojason

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
« Reply #226 on: February 17, 2024, 04:52:19 pm »
Celta Vigo 1 - 2 Barcelona : League Match 25 : Saturday 17th February - a 5.3pm kick off : live in the UK on...Viaplay Sports 2 & LALIGA TV

Celta XI: Guaita; Allende, Ristic, Dominguez, Starfelt, Mingueza; Luca de la Torre, Beltrán, Tapia; Strand Larsen, Iago Aspas.
Barca XI: ter Stegen; Koundé, Araujo, Cubarsí, Cancelo; de Jong, Christensen, Pedri; Yamal, Lewandowski, Vitor Roque.

Celta Vigo 0 - [1] Barcelona; Robert Lewandowski 45' - https://streamin.one/v/fcd6c68c & https://twitter.com/ViaplaySportsUK/status/1758920284768293147
Celta Vigo [1] - 1 Barcelona; Iago Aspas goal on 47' - https://streamin.one/v/1f94ae03 & https://twitter.com/tekkersfoot/status/1758924497179054369
Celta Vigo 1 - [2] Barcelona; Lewandowski 90+8' (penalty) - https://streamin.one/v/0605a717 & https://twitter.com/ViaplaySportsUK/status/1758939510849634536

3 minute highlights: www.youtube.com/watch?v=gGq8j_iUkjA

« Last Edit: February 17, 2024, 08:06:00 pm by oojason »

Offline Hestoic

• Kopite
« Reply #227 on: February 17, 2024, 05:07:04 pm »

I wonder if his attitude towards his players affects things too. He's been known as being a bit stand-offish and I don't think you can afford to be like that in the modern game. Most players seem to want their egos stroked and know that they hold all the cards these days, and I don't think Rafa is the type to do so.

Offline Vegeta

• Anny Roader
« Reply #228 on: February 17, 2024, 05:09:28 pm »
Yeah, Rafa is not the best man manager, which is why someone like Ancelotti, who Rafa was facing in Champions League finals nearly 20 years ago, is still at the top while Rafa is where he is.
150 IQ never wrong.

Offline Caligula?

• Most Negative poster on site, Moan, Moan, Moan, Liverpool are shite... Does he ever stop
  • Legacy Fan
  • SPQR
« Reply #229 on: February 17, 2024, 06:25:50 pm »
I wonder if his attitude towards his players affects things too. He's been known as being a bit stand-offish and I don't think you can afford to be like that in the modern game. Most players seem to want their egos stroked and know that they hold all the cards these days, and I don't think Rafa is the type to do so.

It could be. But I think the likes of him and Mourinho - and others too - have just been left behind tactically. The game has changed.

Offline oojason

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
« Reply #230 on: February 17, 2024, 06:42:02 pm »

Celta Vigo [1] - 1 Barcelona; Iago Aspas goal on 47' - https://streamin.one/v/1f94ae03 & https://twitter.com/tekkersfoot/status/1758924497179054369

Deserved that - some good early play and chances from Celta (yet again)

Celta Vigo 1 - [2] Barcelona; Lewandowski 90+8' (penalty) - https://streamin.one/v/0605a717 & https://twitter.com/ViaplaySportsUK/status/1758939510849634536

« Last Edit: February 17, 2024, 07:45:51 pm by oojason »

Offline Ray K

• Loves a shiny helmet. The new IndyKalia.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
« Reply #231 on: February 17, 2024, 07:33:23 pm »
The mandatory Barcelona penalty in the 7th minute of injury time most useful to them today.
"We have to change from doubters to believers"

Twitter: @rjkelly75

Offline BoRed

• BoRing
  • Legacy Fan
  • BoRac
« Reply #232 on: February 17, 2024, 07:47:45 pm »
The mandatory Barcelona penalty in the 7th minute of injury time most useful to them today.

The most predictable ending ever. Shockingly stupid from both the defender and the goalkeeper. The keeper came off his line two early for the retake, too, Lewandowski could have missed five times, he'd have got a sixth chance thanks to this keeper.

Celta could have easily won this game, but people will still blame Rafa.

Offline Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #233 on: February 17, 2024, 07:52:05 pm »
That was farcical the keeper is only off his line because Lewa completely stops his run and dummies the penalty.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline rushyman

• Not A Badgeman. Fuck him. Please. Someone. Anyone! But not Jonathan Pearce.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • On Halloween, parents send kids out lookin like me
« Reply #234 on: February 18, 2024, 01:49:56 am »

If you don't get a pen for that you're never getting one 😂
If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly

Jurgen Klopp

Offline Syntexity

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #235 on: February 18, 2024, 08:44:09 am »
That was farcical the keeper is only off his line because Lewa completely stops his run and dummies the penalty.

He doesnt completely stop though, he is still moving forward the whole time. Its the same tenhnique Jorginho and Fernandes uses only he slowed it down as much as he can without violating the rules. If he was breaking any rules he would have been stopped a long time ago as this is what he does every time. Its a bit weird for him to bother with this technique  given how good he is at striking the ball with precision and power. Anyway, all the goalie had to do was keep one foot on his line but he went early. I am sure he has been told and shown pens by his opposition, and he even went off the line for the second one.

Honestly, keepers have been allowed so much up the years when it comes to out-psyching players, moving a long way out from the line. Its good they are finally held to the rules as well. Personally feel its ok to try and feign the keeper as the penalty taker always has a worse job than the goalie given he also has to overcome the pressure of being the one to blame if he misses.

Offline oojason

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
« Reply #236 on: February 25, 2024, 12:12:25 pm »
Cadiz 2 - 2 Celta Vigo : League Match 26 : 1pm kick off (and something to do whilst waiting for our game) : live on La Liga TV and ViaPLay Sports 1 in the UK...

Cadiz XI: Guita; Manquillo, Starfelt, Unai Núñez, Manu Sánchez; Allende, Tapia, Beltrán, Luca de la Torre; Aspas, Larsen.
Celta XI: Ledesma; Iza, Chust, Meré, Javi Hdez; Sobrino, Alcaraz, Escalante, Robert; Maxi Gómez, Juanmi.

Cadiz 0 - [1] Celta Vigo; Iago Aspas goal on 11' - https://streamin.one/v/f6b00222 & https://twitter.com/ViaplaySportsUK/status/1761742106178044106
Cadiz 0 - [2] Celta Vigo; Williot Swedberg 58' - https://streamin.one/v/bc16f495 & https://twitter.com/FootyBanks/status/1761759249393188986
Cadiz [1] - 2 Celta Vigo; Juanmi 67' - https://streamin.one/v/4fa2878a & https://twitter.com/FootColic/status/1761760048466776467
Cadiz [2] - 2 Celta Vigo; Darwin Machis 90+10' - https://streamin.one/v/9bffa5d4 & https://twitter.com/ViaplaySportsUK/status/1761774981266948400

3 minute highlights: www.youtube.com/watch?v=1jUa5Uwpn_Y

« Last Edit: February 25, 2024, 04:00:04 pm by oojason »

Offline Terry de Niro

• Cellar dweller fella, ya know
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Are you talkin' to me or chewin' a brick?
« Reply #237 on: February 25, 2024, 01:39:49 pm »
What will Rafa do when this gig is up?
I hope he puts his feet up and enjoys his life with his family around him.

Like a lot of posters have said, modern football is not his style.
He's far too stubborn to change that.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #238 on: February 25, 2024, 01:41:08 pm »
What will Rafa do when this gig is up?
I hope he puts his feet up and enjoys his life with his family around him.

Like a lot of posters have said, modern football is not his style.
He's far too stubborn to change that.

He would make a great DOf.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Online rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #239 on: February 25, 2024, 01:42:34 pm »
He would make a great DOf.

With Xabi as manager? Wonder where he could go? ;)
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA