Poll

Every week PGMOL fuck us over. City are cheats. The league is shite....

I'd be very upset. The Premier League is the best competition there is
I would be a bit upset, but I can see the reasons for leaving
Chocolate Truffles
I'd be quite happy. The Premier league isn't what it was
I'd be delighted. Fuck them
I like cheesy wotsits covered in gravy. Mmmm.. Gravy....

Author Topic: If Liverpool fucked off the Premier league, how would you feel?  (Read 21888 times)

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
Years ago I'd have been well against the idea of the ESL, but the Premier League is a complete joke.

IF the PGMOL isn't utterly corrupt then they are absolutely the worst officials I've seen in any league and at any level. When you watch lower league or even non league games, the referees show competence and an understanding of the game and you can see the decisions they make all make sense in the context of the game.

PGMOL officials are fucking rank at best, cheating fucking gobshites would probably be a fair assessment.

Doesn't matter who is playing, but the officials decide most games with their joke refereeing, bias, shady VAR decisions and absolute fucking incompetence/outright cheating.

I'd personally be delighted if we fucked off this shithouse league and formed a leage where football is king and not these dickheads.

When you add the outright, sanctioned cheating of City and their free pass with the media then this decision becomes a no-brainer.

Fuck it off. Cheating c*nts.
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline [new username under construction]

• Poster formerly know as shadowbane. Never lost his head whilst others panicked. Fucking kopite!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Insert something awesome here!
Re: If Liverpool fucked off the Premier league, how would you feel?
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2023, 09:29:53 am »
Bring it on! As long as state owned clubs are not involve and definitely no PGMOL

Offline thejbs

• well-focussed, deffo not at all bias......ed
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2023, 09:31:25 am »
If this thread was on another forum we’d be quoting it on here and laughing at the fans who posted it.

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2023, 09:33:08 am »
I don't want to be in the Premier League but there needs to be something better to leave to. Super Leagues dreamed up by characters like Perez and Agnelli is not it.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline Iska

• Legacy Fan
  • The only club that matters
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2023, 09:38:45 am »
If this thread was on another forum we’d be quoting it on here and laughing at the fans who posted it.
In fairness we also laugh at them here.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2023, 09:43:47 am »
In fairness we also laugh at them here.

Did you go to Anfield yesterday?

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline ToneLa

• you know the rules but I make the game.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I AM FURIOUS, RED (STILL)
« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2023, 09:48:31 am »
Depends on what the replacement was

In all honesty I would prefer the void club to be sanctioned down to League 2 and keep things as it is. The Super League idea wasn't attractive

What if City went into the Super League too??

Voting No, too unknowable - if the aim is to escape City then, well, I get it, but let's not run away when it is them at fault

Offline A Red Abroad

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We had dreams and songs to sing
« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2023, 09:50:25 am »
let's not run away when it is them at fault

:thumbup
My marmoset, to get things done,
You fell in Loch Ness with Major Tom.

Online Billy The Kid

• Out of the closet with a whiet shirt on, but would pay a fiver not to be gay...Would prefer to give his manliness to someone rather than receive theirs especially Amir in another life.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm Your Huckleberry
« Reply #8 on: May 21, 2023, 09:52:13 am »
Personally speaking, I wouldn't give 2 fucks if professional football ended tomorrow. Not because of referees though. As a grown up, I've enough self-awareness to recognise that my biases will never allow me to impartially assess the performance of any match official. I'm also not naive enough to think that the best way to end domestic footballing corruption is by starting a new tournament with the likes of Madrid, Juve, PSG etc. Call me a skeptic but European football has never really been known for its ethical transparency, has it?. No, the reason I'm happy for the sport to disappear down the shit pan is because of the hyper-consumerism that now infests it, along with all the painfully insufferable shit storm of podcasts/phone ins/YouTube personalities/Sky Saturation that now surrounds it. Both of which will only sink their teeth in even further if an ESL is ever formed. So yeah, fuck the ESL, fuck your face, and fuck football. What you think of that? :)
When overtaken by defeat, as you may be many times, remember than mans faith in his own ability is tested many times before he is crowned with final victory. Defeats are nothing more than challenges to keep trying.” – Napoleon Hill.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #9 on: May 21, 2023, 09:53:09 am »
Personally speaking, I wouldn't give 2 fucks if professional football ended tomorrow. Not because of referees though. As a grown up, I've enough self-awareness to recognise that my biases will never allow me to impartially assess the performance of any match official. I'm also not naive enough to think that the best way to end domestic footballing corruption is by starting a new tournament with the likes of Madrid, Juve, PSG etc. Call me a skeptic but European football has never really been known for its ethical transparency, has it?. No, the reason I'm happy for the sport to disappear down the shit pan is because of the hyper-consumerism that now infests it, along with all the painfully insufferable shit storm of podcasts/phone ins/YouTube personalities/Sky Saturation that now surrounds it. Both of which will only sink their teeth in even further if an ESL is ever formed. So yeah, fuck the ESL, fuck your face, and fuck football. What you think of that? :)

Gosh!

:D

Offline demain

• Shambolic
  • Kopite
  • 'à quoi bon ?'
« Reply #10 on: May 21, 2023, 09:59:18 am »

Yup, this is pretty much aligned with where I am. Only a complete moron thinks that the ESL will beckon in a more tolerable form of competition, not when all the sportswashers will be the among the first to be invited, given that the underlying objective of a closed shop is to earn the most money rather than promote an equitable playing field. There's no way back for the sport, so I'd rather it gets burned to the ground.
'Ever bought a fake picture, Toby?'
'Sold a couple once.'
'The more you pay for it, the less inclined you are to doubt its authenticity.'

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #11 on: May 21, 2023, 10:05:53 am »
People have said before going back to the old style leagues and just redoing them, putting in a fairer system where competition is allowed to occur up and down the different leagues. The moment the money was put into the game by Sky football has just deteriorated out of all control. It's all too often been about the "spectacle" rather than the good of the game itself. I don't want the super league that would be just another elitist league all about money and not about the things which really matter.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline Iska

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #12 on: May 21, 2023, 10:21:57 am »
Did you go to Anfield yesterday?
Just teasing, Andy. Fwiw I always assume you’re in on the joke yourself, most of the time.
Yup, this is pretty much aligned with where I am. Only a complete moron thinks that the ESL will beckon in a more tolerable form of competition, not when all the sportswashers will be the among the first to be invited, given that the underlying objective of a closed shop is to earn the most money rather than promote an equitable playing field. There's no way back for the sport, so I'd rather it gets burned to the ground.
Pretty much, but it’s not going to burn down, the money owns it now and it’s not our game anymore.  It’ll just turn more & more into the US sports leagues.

It’s odd but when I look back on my own journey the thing that probably killed it the most was VAR.  Just something about VAR changed the whole nature of the thing, it stopped being about feeling like you were contributing to a slightly out-of-control laugh where anything might happen, and turned into being this event where you were watching experts measure what had happened.  Loads of other contributions too obviously, but there was just something basically insulting about being expected to care about it just the same after that.

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #13 on: May 21, 2023, 10:23:46 am »
Money will ruin the game further over the next 10 years and we'll all still be watching it and complaining about it.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline A Red Abroad

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14 on: May 21, 2023, 10:28:17 am »
Money will ruin the game further over the next 10 years and we'll all still be watching it and complaining about it.

I'm not sure I will.

I've been going to games since 1969 but I'm rapidly approaching the point where I'll pick a French team (possibly lower league) and get back to actually enjoying games (with all their imperfections) again.

Offline Mozology

• Legacy Fan
  • FSG, spend some fucking money, miserable bastards
« Reply #15 on: May 21, 2023, 10:30:11 am »
If our title winning season had been voided I would've been more than happy for us to leave the Premiership and join another league

Not as anti the ESL as many are, just didn't understand why they invited the Petroleum clubs to be a part of it.

Offline mikeb58

• The Poet Laureate of the Hillsborough forum and indeed, now, the rest of the site! Allez, allez, allez......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • kopite
« Reply #16 on: May 21, 2023, 10:34:31 am »

But more and more fans are fucking it off, all my mates don't bother now, I gave it up years ago. Watching Inside Anfield occasionally is all I do. I used to just to follow the in game thread on here but gave that up, it was full of players cheating, time wasting, shite officials, goals scored one minute, wrongly disallowed 5 minutes later.

Each to their own, but as long as the stadiums are full each week and subscribe to watch footy, nothing will change.

No good complaining after the game anymore, because you know full well pre match what's in store.
Hillsborough...Our Greatest Victory (out now)

Offline RyanBabel19

• Embarrassing.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #17 on: May 21, 2023, 10:37:35 am »
Wasn't the Super League a CL alternative? It keeps getting mentioned alongside the league but i'm sure it was going to run alongside the league... hence the calls for things like points deductions

Offline A Red Abroad

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #18 on: May 21, 2023, 10:39:08 am »
Wasn't the Super League a CL alternative? It keeps getting mentioned alongside the league but i'm sure it was going to run alongside the league... hence the calls for things like points deductions

Yes it was.

And a lot of people got really confused about it.

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19 on: May 21, 2023, 10:59:24 am »
I hope Liverpool and several other clubs would petition to rejoin the EFL if it meant getting away from City - perhaps forming a new top division.  But we're owned by money men and they'll never wake away from the money. We'd still be dealing with the same shit refs and the whole idea is a non starter unless teams like Arsenal and Spurs joined in.

I'd rather us be poor and honest rather than well off also rans though.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #20 on: May 21, 2023, 11:02:29 am »
If our title winning season had been voided I would've been more than happy for us to leave the Premiership and join another league

Not as anti the ESL as many are, just didn't understand why they invited the Petroleum clubs to be a part of it.

They would have been forced to sign up to very strict ffp rules I believe.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #21 on: May 21, 2023, 11:03:17 am »
Just teasing, Andy. Fwiw I always assume you’re in on the joke yourself, most of the time.

:)

I treat the forums sometimes as a place to shoot the shit mate. Have a rant, get stuff off my chest. After the game yesterday, again, all we were talking about was the fucking officials. Again.

I remember going to the game and all you ever spoke about was how well or badly we played. The moves, the chances, the game.

Every week now were are getting fucked over by some random dickhead using random rules that always seems to go against us. The stats back it up too. If you read that Tomkins times piece then it's actually quite shocking and even more surprising that PGMOL aren't getting investigated for match fixing.

It's all good though. Next season I'm just hoping we'll see the odd game with fair refereeing and where our players don't get assaulted by the match officials.

#PIPEDREAM!

Online BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #22 on: May 21, 2023, 11:26:42 am »
I'd be gutted and would probably stop following football. It's penultimate sporting league for me for nigh on 50 years. The rivalries, the tribalism, the familiarity would all be gone.

Football would become a franchise.
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Offline Elzar

• train station gate frustration - delia smith fan club founder ('ave it!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
« Reply #23 on: May 21, 2023, 11:29:18 am »
Yes it was.

Still are apparently. I honestly believe nobody would have been as arsed nationally if they had realised it was a champions league alternative and not taking those teams out their own domestic leagues. I’d have still been cautious over it, but UEFA are basically using the template themselves now and nobody has said a word. The different is UEFA is taking the money for themselves and one of the Oil Clubs has a big say in the rubbing.
We already have shit in the country, and the game of Liverpool fills life with joy. Thanks

Offline Macc77

• Anny Roader
« Reply #24 on: May 21, 2023, 12:32:41 pm »
I've been going to games since 1969 but I'm rapidly approaching the point where I'll pick a French team (possibly lower league) and get back to actually enjoying games (with all their imperfections) again.

What, that isn't you in the picture? Ah well.

But your broad argument is where a few are at I think. I live in Macclesfield now, I've been to some of their games in the lower realms of non league (since they went bust and reformed as a phoenix club) and it's fun. It's not the same, I don't have a passion for it, it's just something to do on a free Saturday, but it feels like the football of my youth a bit more. Games are always 3pm, I don't have to buy tickets 6 months in advance, the players aren't all loaded and living in a different universe, and the crowd is mainly local and within walking distance of the ground.

Of course, Macc are spending way more money than anyone else in those leagues, have just won two straight promotions with ease, and have big backers, so everyone else probably hates them and sees them as the City of the North West lower leagues, so is it simply the same stupid stuff repeated but on a smaller level?
« Last Edit: May 21, 2023, 01:25:36 pm by Macc77 »

Offline A Red Abroad

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25 on: May 21, 2023, 01:00:08 pm »

;D

But you're broad argument is where a few are at I think. I live in Macclesfield now, I've been to some of their games in the lower realms of non league (since they went bust and reformed as a phoenix club) and it's fun. It's not the same, I don't have a passion for it, it's just something to do on a free Saturday, but it feels like the football of my youth a bit more. Games are always 3pm, I don't have to buy tickets 6 months in advance, the players aren't all loaded and living in a different universe, and the crowd is mainly local and within walking distance of the ground.

Of course, Macc are spending way more money than anyone else in those leagues, have just won two straight promotions with ease, and have big backers, so everyone else probably hates them and sees them as the City of the North West lower leagues, so is it simply the same stupid stuff repeated but on a smaller level?

I totally get this - and yeah, I'd never have the same passion I have for LFC - but going to watch (old fashioned) footie, without having to sell a kidney for tickets etc. - and more importantly, without the stress and continuous anger and frustration at the injustice(s) of the Premier League, is quite appealing right now.

I just did a (very) quick search - these guys are about an hour from me (I live in the middle of nowhere - everything resembling a decent sized town is about an hour from me :)) - I think I'll go and check them out when the season restarts.

French 3rd Tier...

https://www.berrichonne.net/accueil.html

The only issue I can see is, I don't know if I will ever get on with that Barca/Palace kit.  :P

Enjoy your Saturdays mate. :)

Offline A Red Abroad

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #26 on: May 21, 2023, 01:08:17 pm »

But you're broad argument is where a few are at I think. I live in Macclesfield now, I've been to some of their games in the lower realms of non league (since they went bust and reformed as a phoenix club) and it's fun. It's not the same, I don't have a passion for it, it's just something to do on a free Saturday, but it feels like the football of my youth a bit more. Games are always 3pm, I don't have to buy tickets 6 months in advance, the players aren't all loaded and living in a different universe, and the crowd is mainly local and within walking distance of the ground.

PS: I have family who now live in Wilmslow - they've started taking the lad (13 years old) to Stockport County matches and are really enjoying it (apart from not quite making the play-offs this season).

Most of his schoolmates are red Mancs with a few Cheats fans - she wanted to keep him away from both of that lot. :)

Offline Macc77

• Anny Roader
« Reply #27 on: May 21, 2023, 01:29:03 pm »
PS: I have family who now live in Wilmslow - they've started taking the lad (13 years old) to Stockport County matches and are really enjoying it (apart from not quite making the play-offs this season).

I've got news for you  ;)

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/65579848

Offline A Red Abroad

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #28 on: May 21, 2023, 01:33:16 pm »
I've got news for you  ;)

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/65579848

Sorry, I meant missing out to Northampton for 'automatic'. My bad.

Oh wow! And beating Che's club is a bonus.  ;D

He'll be well chuffed.

Ta :D

[EDIT] I just called them - they're off to Wembley for the P/O Final next weekend. :D
« Last Edit: May 21, 2023, 01:37:37 pm by A Red Abroad »

Offline Iska

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #29 on: May 21, 2023, 01:46:25 pm »
French 3rd Tier...

https://www.berrichonne.net/accueil.html

The only issue I can see is, I don't know if I will ever get on with that Barca/Palace kit.
I’ve got some not so good news for you, sorry:

It’s just everywhere I’m afraid.

Offline A Red Abroad

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #30 on: May 21, 2023, 01:48:11 pm »
I’ve got some not so good news for you, sorry:

It’s just everywhere I’m afraid.

F*cking hell. It's EVERYWHERE!!

I'll have to find something else then.

It's a shame fishing never appealed to me.  ;D

Thanks for the heads up.

Offline A Red Abroad

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #31 on: May 21, 2023, 04:32:25 pm »

I'll have to find something else then.

I'm going here next Saturday (it's 2hr45m from me  :o )

https://www.clermontfoot.com/

See if I like it.  :P

Offline Elzar

• train station gate frustration - delia smith fan club founder ('ave it!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
« Reply #32 on: May 21, 2023, 05:00:02 pm »
I'm going here next Saturday (it's 2hr45m from me  :o )

https://www.clermontfoot.com/

See if I like it.  :P

Think Clermont were the first ever mens team to appoint a woman as head coach.
We already have shit in the country, and the game of Liverpool fills life with joy. Thanks

Offline Iska

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #33 on: May 21, 2023, 05:23:55 pm »
( it's 2hr45m from me  :o )
Bloody hell.  I can’t place where you are at all, but I hitchhiked through France once and it took us through Clermont-Ferrand.  It’s a big empty country, but at 2h45 it’s not so big that I can’t help wondering if you wouldn’t be better off heading another direction and taking up with Nantes or Red Star Paris or someone.  I imagine the novelty of spending 5hrs+ every week as a Clermont-Ferrand ultra would wear off pretty quick.

Offline RyanBabel19

• Embarrassing.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #34 on: May 21, 2023, 05:27:33 pm »
Yes it was.

I thought so.

I think they still are to be honest

Because it was about money!! Sportswashing had no baring on the Super League stuff, it was all about money so those sides were always gonna be included. It was played up as some way to save football but it was centred around money and greed

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #35 on: May 21, 2023, 05:28:33 pm »
I like wotsits Andy.

Offline S

• pineless. Get no pleasure from seeing the Reds win.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Tonight, Tonight
« Reply #36 on: May 21, 2023, 05:30:22 pm »
…Yeah this is more or less where I’m at.

Offline A Red Abroad

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #37 on: May 21, 2023, 05:33:57 pm »
Bloody hell. I can’t place where you are at all, but I hitchhiked through France once and it took us through Clermont-Ferrand.  It’s a big empty country, but at 2h45 it’s not so big that I can’t help wondering if you wouldn’t be better off heading another direction and taking up with Nantes or Red Star Paris or someone.  I imagine the novelty of spending 5hrs+ every week as a Clermont-Ferrand ultra would wear off pretty quick.

The nearest city to me is Limoges - the local club (LFC and played in all red :D) was a sixth tier club but like many smaller clubs, they went bust in 2020 during the pandemic. :(

So, pretty much every club is hours away. Saud-owned 'La Berrichone' are the closest I can find. And they can now f*ck off!

Nantes and RS Paris are way out of the question though.

Offline A Red Abroad

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #38 on: May 21, 2023, 05:37:41 pm »
Think Clermont were the first ever mens team to appoint a woman as head coach.

Yeah, I read that too. :)

Offline Iska

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #39 on: May 21, 2023, 05:53:27 pm »
The nearest city to me is Limoges - the local club (LFC and played in all red :D) was a sixth tier club but like many smaller clubs, they went bust in 2020 during the pandemic. :(

So, pretty much every club is hours away. Saud-owned 'La Berrichone' are the closest I can find. And they can now f*ck off!

Nantes and RS Paris are way out of the question though.

Just having a look at the map now and I see the problem in football terms - you are basically equidistant from everywhere.  Tough break.  On the other hand, you do get to live there so my sympathy is minimal.