Author Topic: Sheffield United Thread: Can they avoid relegation? Hopefully not.  (Read 38351 times)

Offline IanZG

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Sheffield United Thread: Can they avoid relegation? Hopefully not.
« Reply #200 on: November 28, 2020, 10:26:44 pm »
Think this doesn't include today's game, but the fact that Brewster had an xG of 0.3 in 250ish minutes played is an indictment of how bad they're playing.

Online Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #201 on: November 28, 2020, 10:28:48 pm »
Wilder didn't need to make comments about Klopp.

Maybe he should focus on coaching his side.
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #202 on: November 28, 2020, 10:32:37 pm »
Wilder didn't need to make comments about Klopp.

Maybe he should focus on coaching his side.

Infuriating reading all the comments everywhere having a go at Klopp for 'attacking Wilder' and how classy Wilder was to rise above it.

It's as though Wilder's shithouse interview never happened.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #203 on: November 28, 2020, 10:48:24 pm »
Currently on course for 3.8 points this season [emoji16]
:lmao
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #204 on: November 28, 2020, 10:51:03 pm »
He's wasted a considerable amount of money this summer. His job will be under threat soon if not already?

Their transfers over the last 2 seasons  - the only real hit so far has been Sander Berge, otherwise their transfer dealing has been decidedly dodgy.  No idea who deals with it, but it’s not exactly well thought out.

Last season Henderson was their player of the season, and they where able to put out a very stable and consistent defence and team. But their highest scorers had 6 goals  :o  The warning signs where there.

They only played 44 games I think too, so it’s no wonder that prick Wilder is thinking only for himself, hoping they can get away with running out the same team, knowing they won’t have to play much more than the league games.

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #205 on: November 28, 2020, 10:53:08 pm »
Infuriating reading all the comments everywhere having a go at Klopp for 'attacking Wilder' and how classy Wilder was to rise above it.

It's as though Wilder's shithouse interview never happened.

it’s how it is.

Jürgen Klopp is a bit too foreign. Also manager of every other fanbase' most hated club, Liverpool.

Also highly succesful at said club.

He’ll be getting it in the neck, even though he’s 100% right.

Offline Kekule

• Not fussy.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #206 on: November 28, 2020, 11:13:10 pm »
Imagine being so shit that after 10 games you’re three points behind a team managed by Scott Parker.

Offline TipTopKop

• Legacy Fan
  • Call Meeeeeee The Splund
« Reply #207 on: November 28, 2020, 11:29:24 pm »
Not that arsed about Wilder or his comments; he'll come and go.

I reserve most of my rage at those blue shitehouses across the park and those insignificant internationals. Together they took half of our team out.

Offline rushyman

• Not A Badgeman. Fuck him. Please. Someone. Anyone! But not Jonathan Pearce.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • On Halloween, parents send kids out lookin like me
« Reply #208 on: November 29, 2020, 12:18:05 am »
All of a sudden want these down
If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly

Jurgen Klopp

Offline Shankly998

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #209 on: November 29, 2020, 12:25:02 am »
They never could score goals in their first season and now teams have figured out how to attack them. In big trouble.

Offline Caligula?

• Most Negative poster on site, Moan, Moan, Moan, Liverpool are shite... Does he ever stop
  • Legacy Fan
  • SPQR
« Reply #210 on: November 29, 2020, 02:36:35 am »
I genuinely think they'll go down. They can't defend and are absolutely toothless going forward. West Brom looked like scoring with every corner.

Offline AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #211 on: November 29, 2020, 08:04:59 am »
Bye bye.

Offline Kekule

• Not fussy.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #212 on: November 29, 2020, 08:58:28 am »
If they had put in half the performance they put in at Anfield in their other games they might be doing alright. Unfortunately for the Sheffield United fans though the journeymen types the club has bloated their squad with seem to think trying to beat Liverpool is the be all and end all. As if doing alright at Anfield is worth 40 points or something.

You see it with at least one club most years.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2020, 09:04:17 am by Kekule »

Online DelTrotter

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #213 on: November 29, 2020, 09:02:42 am »
Wish he'd shut up about our manager but I suspect he'll continue in his next PC, it's every single week now. Getting a bit weird! Funny how he's never in the mood to talk after the game though, if these results continue much longer he won't have to worry about being asked questions after a game anyway!

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Sancho's dad. Tight-arse, non-jackpot-sharing get :)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #214 on: November 29, 2020, 09:12:04 am »
Enjoy travelling to St Andrews next season. Nobody will miss you.

Offline Kekule

• Not fussy.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #215 on: November 29, 2020, 09:21:25 am »
Enjoy travelling to St Andrews next season. Nobody will miss you.

They’ll be the team that everyone forgets in those “name the clubs relegated from the Premier League each season” quizzes.

Offline RedKenWah

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #216 on: November 29, 2020, 09:30:11 am »
I don’t think his comments are too bad, I think this is a classic bit of media spinning a headline to add its required controversy in football.

I think Chris Wilder would be better off though dropping it and concentrating on how he can get his team to perform at the level they did last year though.

Offline 12C

• aka 54F
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • “The Ribbons are Red”
« Reply #217 on: November 29, 2020, 10:44:51 am »
Remember last year when he slagged off his own goalie Henderson?
And then he moved back to the mancs and now they are leaking goals.
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us."

Offline Pistolero

• BELIEVE. My bad. This. Lol. Bless. Meh. Wow just wow. Hate on. The Ev. Phil.
  • Legacy Fan
  • A serpent's tooth...
« Reply #218 on: November 29, 2020, 11:10:06 am »
Really enjoyable game that last night...not least because Utd should've got at least a point and probably all three...you could tell by Bilic's almost apologetic demeanour at the end that he knew the Baggies were fortunate....was great seeing Wilder having to suck it up....
They have life in them, they have humour, they're arrogant, they're cocky and they're proud. And that's what I want my team to be.

Online Mighty_Red

• Rojo Poderoso!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • All hail the King...
    • Join the fight - SOS
« Reply #219 on: November 29, 2020, 12:39:48 pm »
The irony is that Wilder is close to being subbed off himself if this losing run goes on.

Amazing how a few defeats have brought the c*nt out in him yet his team have got worse.
Some clubs were always destined for greatness...

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #220 on: November 29, 2020, 01:40:20 pm »
I don’t think his comments are too bad, I think this is a classic bit of media spinning a headline to add its required controversy in football.

I think Chris Wilder would be better off though dropping it and concentrating on how he can get his team to perform at the level they did last year though.

rambling about another coach somehow having political influence about whether fans can go to games in Sheffield or not is really really really weird though.

Added to the other stuff he’s said recently.

He doesn’t like being called out for being the selfish prick he is. I think he was maybe shocked that Klopp went public about how it is basically Wilder alone who’s blocking 5 subs (and it’s laughable that the league bosses are so weak he’s able to do this). He thought his ‘mates’ would keep it in-house. So I wouldn’t be surprised if he doubles down on this bullshit again.

Unless he’s sacked before he gets a chance.

Offline Six Beardy

• Granby Half-Brick Dodger!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #221 on: November 30, 2020, 01:11:07 am »

Sheff Utd fans must be ecstatic they've got One Point Wilder looking after their interests; with 5 subs allowed they'd likely be so much worse off.  :o

Offline GreatEx

• pectations. might be a cunt but isn't a capitalist cunt. Blissfully ignorant.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #222 on: November 30, 2020, 02:51:27 am »
It was amazing business from us as usual. To me, it had the Solanke to Bournemouth feel about it right from start and I don't see them playing the type of football that will get the best out of him

I don't know how we can judge Brewster based on his Sheffield record, unless we watch all their games in full - and who in their right mind would do that? Look at the goals record of all their attackers since promotion: historically bad. Obviously their game plan is to defend resolutely and try to bundle one in off a defender's arse at some point during the game. This was always going to be a bad move for Brewster's reputation, but I guess he saw the promise of regular PL starts as an offer too good to refuse, and their points total last season would have suggested he'd get more than one top flight season out of them. I hope his agent is hitting up PL teams for a loan next year or the kid may sink without a trace.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #223 on: November 30, 2020, 08:01:30 am »
Can't help thinking that paying Ł23mill or whatever it was for Brewster was a huge mistake.  IMO at that level you need guaranteed goals and experience, not bringing in a young prospect with huge potential and expect him to start banging in them in for fun. Wilder starting to get tetchy as well, does not bode well for them.

Of course it was. People hype up young players so much and i thought it was mad why a club the size of Sheffield United would gamble so much on a young, relatively unproven striker.

Offline Ravishing Rick Dude

• Cut the music! Missed the 'Saka is shite!' memo.
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #224 on: November 30, 2020, 08:56:39 am »
Apparently worst start in premier league history.
Rick for the rikes, prick for the pricks

SLAVA
UKRAINI

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #225 on: November 30, 2020, 11:48:27 am »
Of course it was. People hype up young players so much and i thought it was mad why a club the size of Sheffield United would gamble so much on a young, relatively unproven striker.

It makes you wonder about their recruitment and scouting, cos he didn’t tick any of the boxes for them.  He’s a goal scorer - which in theory is fantastic for a team who don’t score goals, but he isn’t a player who’s going to create them all himself. He’s at his best in the box, and not particularly evident outside the box.  He did do pretty well in that role at Swansea, but it’s one heck of a leap up to expect him to do it from the get go in the prem. A league and level he bascially has no experience in.

Hard to not like him, such is his character, and I hope things do work out for him, but he’s at about the worst team he could be at to develop.

Offline elsewhere

• Turning Japanese, I think I'm turning Japanese, I really think I mean African, so...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #226 on: November 30, 2020, 12:04:04 pm »
title made me laugh ;D

Offline Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #227 on: November 30, 2020, 12:07:44 pm »
I rarely, if ever, talk about transfers (yes, I know that simply won't compute for some here  :-* ) but it's true that my eyebrow was peak Carlo when Brewster went to SU. What could either party possibly see in the other that made them think 'that's the one for me/us'?

I expect on our part we just took the money and ran
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Online Red-Soldier

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #228 on: November 30, 2020, 12:08:27 pm »
It makes you wonder about their recruitment and scouting, cos he didn’t tick any of the boxes for them.  He’s a goal scorer - which in theory is fantastic for a team who don’t score goals, but he isn’t a player who’s going to create them all himself. He’s at his best in the box, and not particularly evident outside the box.  He did do pretty well in that role at Swansea, but it’s one heck of a leap up to expect him to do it from the get go in the prem. A league and level he bascially has no experience in.

Hard to not like him, such is his character, and I hope things do work out for him, but he’s at about the worst team he could be at to develop.

He's screwed.

Offline AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #229 on: November 30, 2020, 12:24:24 pm »
Steve Bruce is the original fat head but Wilder does have a massive head to rival him.

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #230 on: November 30, 2020, 01:46:39 pm »
I rarely, if ever, talk about transfers (yes, I know that simply won't compute for some here  :-* ) but it's true that my eyebrow was peak Carlo when Brewster went to SU. What could either party possibly see in the other that made them think 'that's the one for me/us'?

I expect on our part we just took the money and ran

If it wasn't for Covid or anyone was even remotely interested in buying Origi then I think we'd have done right by the player and if not kept hold of him loaned him back to Swansea or at a Prem team with a better fit (Brighton maybe).

He could still help keep them up, but in reality is more likely to score them the goals to get them back up.

Online Skeeve

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #231 on: November 30, 2020, 02:13:40 pm »
Wilder out with some conspiracy bullshit against Klopp? Saying he is a world class politician who managed to get Liverpool out of Tier 3 so that we can have supporters  :o Seems like he is a bit of a nutter. Wonder if he also believes foreigners are bad.. oh wait! c*nt after all..

Ignoring the rest of his idiotic comments, does he not even realise that after having been the first city to be in tier 3 that it was obvious that it would be the first to leave it too since the numbers in other areas would lag behind ours.

Offline Kekule

• Not fussy.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #232 on: November 30, 2020, 07:45:15 pm »
Imagine being so shit that after 10 games you’re three six points behind a team managed by Scott Parker.

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #233 on: December 6, 2020, 04:07:59 pm »
Is it still 3 subs and 1 point for Chris Wilder?

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Sancho's dad. Tight-arse, non-jackpot-sharing get :)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #234 on: December 6, 2020, 04:13:16 pm »
Can they avoid relegation? Allow me to help with that; no. No, they cannot.

Offline Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #235 on: December 6, 2020, 04:14:48 pm »
But at least he's stopped the CL/EL teams from managing the workload of their players. A modern day Robin Hood.
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Online disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
« Reply #236 on: December 6, 2020, 04:16:39 pm »
I expected them to fight relegation with a bit of that second season syndrome, but 1 point from 11 games is ridiculously bad.

They go to Southampton next, really they should lose but Southampton have a habit of poor home results so whilst I expect a home win I wouldn't bank on it
Proud follower of the city's junior, and far more successful footballing side

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

19 League Titles, 6 European Cups, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 10 League Cups, 4 European Super Cups, World Champions 2019. We live the dream.

Online bird_lfc

• Would much rather have a good wank than get behind the team. Champion of Luke Shaw’s reputation.
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #237 on: December 6, 2020, 04:28:51 pm »
They were actually getting credit for losing most games by a single goal earlier.

They have one bloddy point

Offline Caligula?

• Most Negative poster on site, Moan, Moan, Moan, Liverpool are shite... Does he ever stop
  • Legacy Fan
  • SPQR
« Reply #238 on: December 6, 2020, 04:30:25 pm »
Goodnight, sweet princes

Offline Fromola

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #239 on: December 6, 2020, 04:34:58 pm »
They were actually getting credit for losing most games by a single goal earlier.

They have one bloddy point

They're competitive in games every week but it's no good if you're not scoring goals, or even creating chances, and have no clean sheets.

There's a lack of quality in the side. People talk about second season syndrome, but typically teams who struggle in their second season usually dropped off a lot in the second half of the season before. They had a good half season and then lost their surprise element once everyone had played them.