Author Topic: Sheffield United Thread: Can they avoid relegation? Hopefully not.  (Read 38355 times)

Offline Ratboy3G

• Sworn enemy of Mousegirl5G
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Manager Chris Wilder has claimed the influence of foreign players in the Premier League has made gamesmanship more prevalent. Damn them foreign lads coming in to our league and influencing our honest lads and making them dive and cheat.

Where has he said this? Was it in an interview I can read online?
I am a man of few words.....any questions?

Offline rawcusk8

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Where has he said this? Was it in an interview I can read online?
Was on Skysports news mate. Pretty sure it was his pre match press conference, I tried finding it online earlier but there was no mention of it in the Sheffield Echo or whatever that paper was called. They must have conveniently left that bit out, he mentions he’s trying not to be controversial and that foreign players have brought more good than bad with them but that’s fucking stupid and he really needs to be called out on it. Football and society has a deep rooted problem, this kind of stuff is absolute bollocks and wont help eradicate racism from the game, the same way those commentators that praise British players for being smart and winning a foul but call the foreign lads cheats.
“If you even dream of beating me you'd better wake up and apologize.” - muhammad ali

Offline aw1991

• Legacy Fan
  • Love Firmino, hate bastards
Speaking of which - has he played much at all anyone?
Overall he had 2 starts and one from the bench. No goals or assists, last game he played was against us.

He's young and probably eased in, he'd get his chance soon enough.

Offline Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
Lol, is Wilder not a saint after all? The early pages of this thread do not match the later ones.

People never learn
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline jacobs chains

• Legacy Fan
  • The fight will not be attaining dreams.
Lol, is Wilder not a saint after all? The early pages of this thread do not match the later ones.

People never learn

A bit like Carlo. Everyone's sunshine and lollypops until they say something people disagree with, and then they become evil personified.

Offline Ravishing Rick Dude

• Cut the music! Missed the 'Saka is shite!' memo.
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
I checked the table, and they have only one point after 9 games!

Can't remember anyone being this bad after 9 games.
Rick for the rikes, prick for the pricks

SLAVA
UKRAINI

Offline bradders1011

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Eat your greens and sing your blues
Those too young to remember: look up Ipswich Town 2000-2002.
If I were a linesman, I would execute defenders who applauded my offsides.

Offline jackh

• Has a blog but doesn't like to talk about it. Slightly obsessed with the colour orange for some weird reason......
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
    • @hartejack
I checked the table, and they have only one point after 9 games!

Can't remember anyone being this bad after 9 games.

Got a feeling that De Boer's Palace got 6/7 games in without as much as a goal a few years ago, but it's not looking good for Sheffield United at all is it.

Last year, they ended with a 0 goal difference - 39 goals in each column.  A quarter of this season in, they're scoring at 50% of that rate and conceding at 150%.  Given last season's precarious balance, you'd expect that to be a very difficult situation to turn around.  Their top scorer in the league last season was Lys Mousset (who wasn't even a regular starter) and he's been out injured so far this campaign.  No goals up front and - from what I can see - no creativity/'plan B' from midfield.  They're still by no means the league's worst offenders defensively, but could probably really do with Rhian Brewster getting going quickly.

Offline LovelyCushionedHeader

• Not so pleasant non-upholstered footer
  • Legacy Fan
Looking at their squad, them doing what they did last year (especially pre-lockdown) was an incredible achievement, a bit like Huddersfield managing to stay up in 16/17. They shouldn't be doing as bad as they are now, but they are much closer to what should be expected of them now when compared to last season.
And if the rain stops, and everything's dry.. she would cry, just so I could drink tears from her eyes.

Online zero zero

• Karma's a bitch. Innit.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Quoting you for the record so we can have a laugh when they pull off the impossible.
Hubris

Offline Paul1611

• Kopite
Can't help thinking that paying £23mill or whatever it was for Brewster was a huge mistake.  IMO at that level you need guaranteed goals and experience, not bringing in a young prospect with huge potential and expect him to start banging in them in for fun. Wilder starting to get tetchy as well, does not bode well for them.

Offline LovelyCushionedHeader

• Not so pleasant non-upholstered footer
  • Legacy Fan
Can't help thinking that paying £23mill or whatever it was for Brewster was a huge mistake.  IMO at that level you need guaranteed goals and experience, not bringing in a young prospect with huge potential and expect him to start banging in them in for fun. Wilder starting to get tetchy as well, does not bode well for them.

It's hard to find guaranteed goals at that level though! Most of the capable players are either out of the price range that the clubs can afford, or aren't willing to play at that level. Competition is also tough - for example they could have gone for a signing like Rodrigo but he would always choose to play for Bielsa over Wilder, or Watkins but he would always choose the bigger club in Villa over Sheffield United. So basically, for a club like them there is a huge element of luck involved and no matter who they signed it would have been a gamble.

Their main issue for me is that their style of play would make it difficult for any striker to get regular goals. They would need a player like prime Jermaine Defoe who can live off scraps.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2020, 02:19:02 pm by LovelyCushionedHeader »
And if the rain stops, and everything's dry.. she would cry, just so I could drink tears from her eyes.

Online Syntexity

• Legacy Fan
Wilder out with some conspiracy bullshit against Klopp? Saying he is a world class politician who managed to get Liverpool out of Tier 3 so that we can have supporters  :o Seems like he is a bit of a nutter. Wonder if he also believes foreigners are bad.. oh wait! c*nt after all..

Offline Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi

People never learn
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline Lone Star Red

• Tex
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Disappointed in Wilder’s comments, not sure where they’ve come from or why he all of a sudden seems to have such a bone to pick with Klopp. Man needs to concern himself more with not getting relegated.
You cannot call overseas Liverpool supporters glory hunters. We’ve won one trophy this decade. If they’re glory hunters, they’re really bad ones. They’re actually journey hunters. It’s the journey and the story. Something about Liverpool has grabbed them." - Neil Atkinson (May, 2019)

"So don’t think about it – just play football.” - Jurgen Klopp

Offline Pistolero

• BELIEVE. My bad. This. Lol. Bless. Meh. Wow just wow. Hate on. The Ev. Phil.
  • Legacy Fan
  • A serpent's tooth...
Wilder's always been a prick...amazed when he was getting plaudits last season for a few of his disingenuous post match interviews/comments ...could tell he was an arlearse bullshitting to curry favour with the big boys ....getting shown up this time out and as the Premier League festive sacking season approaches he's sounding more and more like the desperate Warnock tribute act he is...
They have life in them, they have humour, they're arrogant, they're cocky and they're proud. And that's what I want my team to be.

Offline Caligula?

• Most Negative poster on site, Moan, Moan, Moan, Liverpool are shite... Does he ever stop
  • Legacy Fan
  • SPQR
Needs a thread title change to "Can they pull a shocker and avoid relegation?"

Offline Garrus

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Comes across as a right c*nt. 1 point from 9 games despite spending over 50m in the summer, no wonder he's trying to deflect attention.

Offline I've been a good boy

• "There are two ways of spreading light; to be the candle or the mirror that receives it." Loves a good set of open flaps. And a bowl of Coco Poops! No chance of getting a coffee in his house.
  • Legacy Fan
Never liked this guy, he looks like the type of person who would never give way to anyone and never signals. Always stayed out of this thread as people seemed to love him. Glad he's been exposed as the xenophobic prick that he is.

Offline eddiedingle

• Kopite
Hope they go down with a record low points total. Cheers for the Brewster money.

Offline Morgana

• Legacy Fan
  • Sanity is overrated.
Needs a thread title change to "Can they pull a shocker and avoid relegation?"
Done... sort of.

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
Re: Sheffield United Thread: Can they avoid relegation? Hopefully not.
« Reply #181 on: November 28, 2020, 06:19:36 pm »
yeah, from Wilder being a good guy, to Wilder really showing his true colours in recent weeks.  What an absolute dickhead he is, as Kloppo says - selfish. 

Hopefully they get relegated and spare us their crying.

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #182 on: November 28, 2020, 07:30:31 pm »
I had a soft spot for these and Wilder. Now I hope they break Derby's record. Fucking prick.

Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline LallanaInPyjamas

• Keita's shit, Bundesliga's shit, Bundesliga 2's shit
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2020 Champion Tipster*

They were a lot more fun than these but it's a decent comparison

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
They were a lot more fun than these but it's a decent comparison

I mentioned the Ipswich comparison before but they did have the excuse of being in Europe after finishing 5th. They also were still competitive the season they went down (we relegated them at Anfield on the last day IIRC).

Not to say these can't turn it around, it's still quite early as there's other awful sides, but their drop off has been there throughout 2020 near enough. They were a half season wonder. They barely scored a goal a game last season which has caught up with them this time as they haven't kept a clean sheet.

Offline Circa1892

• Real Madrid 0 - 1 Liverpool - Parc des Princes, 27th May 1981 Remember?... About as intimidating as Bambi.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #185 on: November 28, 2020, 09:29:32 pm »
“He’s got 3 subs and 1 point” - thread title right there.

Offline Fromola

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #186 on: November 28, 2020, 09:33:03 pm »
“He’s got 3 subs and 1 point” - thread title right there.

But he'd have 0 if it was 5 subs.

Offline Clint Eastwood

• The man with no name
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #187 on: November 28, 2020, 09:34:27 pm »
Yeah they’re going down. One season wonder. Big shame Brewster went there, probably the worst option/manager he had.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #188 on: November 28, 2020, 09:36:20 pm »
it was either Wilder or Owl.

Offline Guz-kop

• Baz cop
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #189 on: November 28, 2020, 09:39:16 pm »

Maybe yeah. They did amazingly well to finish 6th. 2nd to 6th spot was really tight that year. Fell off a cliff the next season. I think it was the first time people really acknowledged how hard juggling European football was. They got through at least the first few rounds I think but their league form was dire
It's wonderful, it's marvellous, it's 3-3

Offline Clayton Bigsby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

It was amazing business from us as usual. To me, it had the Solanke to Bournemouth feel about it right from start and I don't see them playing the type of football that will get the best out of him

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #191 on: November 28, 2020, 09:47:55 pm »
How's Rhian doing ?
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline Guz-kop

• Baz cop
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #192 on: November 28, 2020, 09:59:20 pm »
1 point from 10 games, wow

Wonder if jake humphreys will suggest wilder just focuses on coaching his team?

Offline OOS

• Jordan Henderson fanclub member #4
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #193 on: November 28, 2020, 10:01:06 pm »
4 goals scored in 10 league games. They are finished, they need to change manager before it goes very bad. Wilder isn't a bad manager  but he's took them as far as he can.
"I think the most important thing about music is the sense of escape." - Thom Yorke

Online disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
« Reply #194 on: November 28, 2020, 10:05:44 pm »
3 subs, 1 point
Proud follower of the city's junior, and far more successful footballing side

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

19 League Titles, 6 European Cups, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 10 League Cups, 4 European Super Cups, World Champions 2019. We live the dream.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #195 on: November 28, 2020, 10:06:20 pm »
It should be like this:

3 Subs/1 Point

Offline Lone Star Red

• Tex
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #196 on: November 28, 2020, 10:07:33 pm »
Just feels like Wilder’s system of having largely mediocre at best overlapping center backs trying to provide width in attack and get back to defend has been found out. That, and having little to no pace in the side, no drive and impetus from midfield and lumps up front who couldn’t hit the broadside of a barn.

Think they’ve spent quite a bit of money too since being promoted. Not sure he makes it to 2021.
You cannot call overseas Liverpool supporters glory hunters. We’ve won one trophy this decade. If they’re glory hunters, they’re really bad ones. They’re actually journey hunters. It’s the journey and the story. Something about Liverpool has grabbed them." - Neil Atkinson (May, 2019)

"So don’t think about it – just play football.” - Jurgen Klopp

Offline Guz-kop

• Baz cop
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #197 on: November 28, 2020, 10:08:32 pm »
4 goals scored in 10 league games. They are finished, they need to change manager before it goes very bad. Wilder isn't a bad manager  but he's took them as far as he can.

11 points in last 10 games of last season after lockdown and now 1 in 10. Wow. Good job for them Fulham, Burnley and West brom will be down that end of the table all season too

Offline Cesar

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #198 on: November 28, 2020, 10:12:52 pm »
Currently on course for 3.8 points this season 😁

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #199 on: November 28, 2020, 10:13:09 pm »
He's wasted a considerable amount of money this summer. His job will be under threat soon if not already?