Author Topic: Sheffield United Thread: Can they avoid relegation? Hopefully not.  (Read 38346 times)

Offline Morgana

• Legacy Fan
  • Sanity is overrated.
I couldn't find a thread for Sheffield. Hopefully this is not a duplicate. Just realised tonight they are only four points behind Chelsea and seven points behind City. Could they steal a Champions League spot, and do they have the resources (squad, private jet, world class fitness coaches) to do themselves justice on the European stage?
« Last Edit: November 28, 2020, 04:53:54 pm by Morgana »

Offline Gitsy606

• Anny Roader
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop

Online Millie

• Athens Airport Queen. Dude, never mind my car, where's my hand sanitiser?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • IFWT
Nah
"If you can't say anything nice, don't say nothing at all"  Thumper (1942)

Justice for the 96

I'm a Believer

Offline Morgana

• Legacy Fan
  • Sanity is overrated.
No

Nah

Quoting you for the record so we can have a laugh when they pull off the impossible.

Online dudleyred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Can’t see them getting anywhere near top four

Top eight yes.

Europa league could be a season too early for them. Increased games next year could sink them in my opinion

Good luck to them though

Offline oxenstierna

• Legacy Fan
Not gonna happen as much as I want it. Europa League at best and even thats a stretch

Offline RobbieRedman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
They'll do very well to stay on the top half, which would be great still

Offline Morgana

• Legacy Fan
  • Sanity is overrated.
Upcoming 7 fixtures:

Brighton - Away (winnable)
Watford -Home (sure win)
Man City-A (winnable)
Liverpool-A (no chance)
West Ham -H (sure win)
Arsenal-A (winnable)
Man City-H (winnable)

If they come out of this with 12-15 points they will knock Chelsea out of fourth place.

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
No No
No No No
No No No
No No
There are limits
@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Offline Morgana

• Legacy Fan
  • Sanity is overrated.
No No
No No No
No No No
No No
There are limits

:lmao :lmao :lmao

:-X

Offline stoopid yank

• Legacy Fan
  • Bird is the Word
They are the surprise story of the season that no one is talking about. Heavily predicted to be relegated at beginning of season. Chelsea is certainly leaving the door open for someone. 6th is very possible.
I don't always listen to Black Sabbath, but when I do, so do the neighbors.

Offline RedBlakey

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
Nope
Never seen him playing I think. But looks like a good player.

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
No. But they'll finish above Everton.

Maybe that's not something to be proud of? :D

Offline Morgana

• Legacy Fan
  • Sanity is overrated.

Think you're doing them a disservice there. They'll definitely make top 6. Question is who out of the Big 6 (Chelsea, Tottenham, City, Man U, Arsenal) will get displaced.

Offline Filler.

• Up. resurrected. Keeps his Kath in a cage, but not sure if the new baby is in there as well. Studying for a Masters in Semiotics.
  • Legacy Fan

Offline Something Worse

• Master of prehistoric and fantasy creature-based onomatopoeia
  • Legacy Fan
Think you're doing them a disservice there. They'll definitely make top 6. Question is who out of the Big 6 (Chelsea, Tottenham, City, Man U, Arsenal) will get displaced.

Imagine if Pep goes at the end of this season to cool his bald head off, and City and all these shit teams degenerate into a mess with Leicester, Sheffield Utd and Wolves and the league becomes a farmer league like Italy, France and Germany but it's Liverpool walking it every year?

Maybe the group, led by your leadership, will see these drafts as PR functions and brilliant use of humor

Hey Claus, fuck off.

Offline ScouserAtHeart

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pissing Manc "fans" off since 1999.
They're not finishing top 6. They'll be 8th to 10th. No European football
"Jürgen Klopp is bringing Liverpool's 'fuck you' back. And I can't wait."

Offline AndyInVA

• Born in Liverpool, grew up in Yorkshire, live in the States
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Never Forget
No No
No No No
No No No
No No
There are limits

This sums it up for me. They are my second team to watch and I love Chris Wilder, but I don’t see them dislodging any of the top 4. 5th - 8th and it’s still an incredible season.

Offline CanuckYNWA

• Legacy Fan
No they dont score enough. Think they could get 7th though possibly and hope a top 6 team wins the FA or Carabao for extra Europa League spaces. Though i dont think these small teams doing Europa is good. Burnley almost went down because of it. Wolves have money to invest and bring in decent players with Jorge Mendes backing them so makes it easier for them to manage it.

Offline markthescouser

• Legacy Fan
This sums it up for me. They are my second team to watch and I love Chris Wilder, but I don’t see them dislodging any of the top 4. 5th - 8th and it’s still an incredible season.
I’ve heard a couple of people say this about Wilder now over the past few days. I must admit, I haven’t really paid Sheff Utd any attention this season. However the one game I obviously did watch was against us, and he came across as a complete dick IMO. Young goalie clearly fucked up (just made a mistake, not trying to be clever or something special like a little armed fella we all know), and he threw him under the bus. Was genuinely shocked when I saw his post match interview. May have just been a one off though?

Offline Ravishing Rick Dude

• Cut the music! Missed the 'Saka is shite!' memo.
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
Yes

Top4:

Liverpool
Leicester
Wolves
Sheffield
Rick for the rikes, prick for the pricks

SLAVA
UKRAINI

Offline arthur sarnoff

• Legacy Fan
Nah, but I stick by my belief that Wilder will win manager of the year.  He ticks all the LMA boxes.

He is also quite clearly a fine manager.  But nailed on for the win.

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan

You can be proud of it  - it's just not that much of a big deal these days.  ;)

I will say it puts our win there into perspective.  The one game this season where we had a genuine slice of luck I think. They're a stubborn side.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline elsewhere

• Turning Japanese, I think I'm turning Japanese, I really think I mean African, so...
  • Legacy Fan
No, they will most likely end up in 8-10th imo.

Online JC the Messiah

• Legacy Fan
  • ♪ ...and now Jürgen-a believe us... ♬
I’ve heard a couple of people say this about Wilder now over the past few days. I must admit, I haven’t really paid Sheff Utd any attention this season. However the one game I obviously did watch was against us, and he came across as a complete dick IMO. Young goalie clearly fucked up (just made a mistake, not trying to be clever or something special like a little armed fella we all know), and he threw him under the bus. Was genuinely shocked when I saw his post match interview. May have just been a one off though?

Think he comes across well in interviews, honest and generally magnanimous.

Certainly seems to be the most talented English manager out there currently. I'm sure if he was the United or Everton manager they'd have more points than they do now.

As for Sheffield United in Europe next season, it'll be tough. They're playing well, but lack that squad depth and a prolific attack. I think a number of years finishing top half would be success for them, and they can build on that?
"I said to the boys before the game it would be impossible. But because it’s you, I say we have a chance."
Jürgen Klopp, 7 May 2019

"I told them if we score it will be different. We scored. It was different."
Rafael Benitez, 25 May 2005

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Yes but I hope not.

Based on every other small club who get European footy, while it might be great for the fans, staying up will be their priority so they will not give the CL the respect it deserves.
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf

It was more a dig at Everton than Sheffield United, a well run club and a well managed team. Unlike Everton. ;D

Online LovelyCushionedHeader

• Not so pleasant non-upholstered footer
  • Legacy Fan
As soon as they hit 40 points, they will lose focus and that, together with the fatigue of having a small squad, will see them drop to somewhere between 8th and 12th.
And if the rain stops, and everything's dry.. she would cry, just so I could drink tears from her eyes.

Offline sinnermichael

• I copy other people's photoshops and twitter posts and texts and pretend they're mine.
  • Legacy Fan
Still unbeaten away aren't they? Untill they come to Anfield on 2nd January.

Never knew Lundstrom was a scouser. Came through Everton's academy and clealy gone onto bigger and better things. Still wouldn't recognise a single player of theirs if they walked past me in the street.

Online LovelyCushionedHeader

• Not so pleasant non-upholstered footer
  • Legacy Fan
Still unbeaten away aren't they? Untill they come to Anfield on 2nd January.

Never knew Lundstrom was a scouser. Came through Everton's academy and clealy gone onto bigger and better things. Still wouldn't recognise a single player of theirs if they walked past me in the street.

They play City away before us so will be doing well to still be unbeaten by the time they arrive at Anfield!
And if the rain stops, and everything's dry.. she would cry, just so I could drink tears from her eyes.

Offline Morgana

• Legacy Fan
  • Sanity is overrated.

Yeah, he did come across poorly in that interview. Even Wrighty on MOTD was saying he should've "showed the kid some love"... It was our only 1-0 of the season, clearly a stroke of luck from the Gini. That being said, I think Wilder is alright... clearly a fantastic coach. I like a manager who can take a team of nobodies and almost cement their place in the PL Top 6 for an extended run (they've been there over a month now, I think).  Wouldn't be surprised if they pip Chelsea/Arsenal/Tottenham to fourth. And like I've said elsewhere, Man City look very fragile to me. Similar injury woes to us but without the empathy between the manager and his players, and apparently without the squad depth, despite the fact that they spent more than the GDP of Aruba assembling that team.

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Upcoming 7 fixtures:

Brighton - Away (winnable)
Watford -Home (sure win)
Man City-A (winnable)
Liverpool-A (no chance)
West Ham -H (sure win)
Arsenal-A (winnable)
Man City-H (winnable)

If they come out of this with 12-15 points they will knock Chelsea out of fourth place.

They'll do very well to get 7 points from that group of fixtures. They arent getting Europa League through league position, talk of Champions League is a joke surely?
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
Yes but I hope not.

Based on every other small club who get European footy, while it might be great for the fans, staying up will be their priority so they will not give the CL the respect it deserves.

Yeah, I remember when Everton got into the Champ- oh, never mind.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
No chance for top 4 with all due respect in my opinion. They’re doing great but I’d back Wolves to finish ahead of them and all of United, Spurs and Arsenal should be and I reckon the first two will. Chelsea should still also have enough gold them off.

They’ve done brilliantly and they look good for top half at the least which would still be a fantastic season for them but I don’t think they’ll finish as high as they are now. Chances are they won’t be this high by the end of this set of fixtures.

Offline -Willo-

• -the wisp-
  • Legacy Fan
Why not, Chelsea/Arsenal/Utd are all rubbish.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
No
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Why not, Chelsea/Arsenal/Utd are all rubbish.

Yet 2 of them are ahead of Sheffield United in the league. So if they are rubbish, then doesn't that make Sheffield United rubbish?

Liverpool, City, and probably Leicester will take 3 spots. That leaves 1. Spurs getting better under Mourinho, Chelsea will start winning again after a slump, Wolves will finish above them. I'll be very surprised if they finish top half.
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline Caligula?

• Most Negative poster on site, Moan, Moan, Moan, Liverpool are shite... Does he ever stop
  • Legacy Fan
  • SPQR
No. They won't even finish in a European place.

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
They won't score enough to challenge for top 4.

Offline Morgana

• Legacy Fan
  • Sanity is overrated.
Liverpool, City, and probably Leicester will take 3 spots. That leaves 1. Spurs getting better under Mourinho, Chelsea will start winning again after a slump, Wolves will finish above them. I'll be very surprised if they finish top half.

It's starting to look like a real battle for 4th, 5th & 6th place. I still reckon Sheffield have a chance, but it would turn out to be a weird year for them if they finish 4th but Wolves win the Europa League. That would mean the 4th place finisher gets bumped down to Europa, right? Either way, they've had a great season. Just hope they don't come kicking out too hard at us tomorrow after what was a really unfair loss to Man City last Sunday.