Author Topic: Fireworks down the Southend  (Read 2736 times)

Offline the 92A

• Alberto Incontidor. Peneus. Phantom Thread Locker. Mr Bus. But there'll be another one along soon enough. Almost as bad as Jim...
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
Fireworks down the Southend
« on: June 2, 2017, 12:28:02 am »
Just come back from The Sgt Pepper fireworks in Woolton put on by a French company for the city council. I love pyro but never seen anything to touch that display. Unbelievably good, half an hour of a display that any part of would have been the finale in any other display. First Class.
Still Dreaming of a Harry Quinn

Offline redbyrdz

• No to sub-optimal passing! Not content with one century, this girl does two together. Oh, and FUCK THE TORIES deh-deh-deh-deh!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Fireworks down the Southend
« Reply #1 on: June 2, 2017, 08:17:31 am »
Just come back from The Sgt Pepper fireworks in Woolton put on by a French company for the city council. I love pyro but never seen anything to touch that display. Unbelievably good, half an hour of a display that any part of would have been the finale in any other display. First Class.

Ah shame, I love fireworks, didn't know it was on. Went to bed early and must've slept right through it!

To be honest the quality of the usual displays here is abyssmal, about time someone did it properly.
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us." - Bill Shankly

Offline the 92A

• Alberto Incontidor. Peneus. Phantom Thread Locker. Mr Bus. But there'll be another one along soon enough. Almost as bad as Jim...
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2 on: June 2, 2017, 08:59:27 am »
Ah shame, I love fireworks, didn't know it was on. Went to bed early and must've slept right through it!

To be honest the quality of the usual displays here is abyssmal, about time someone did it properly.
My Wife saw an article in the Echo which said it started at 8pm so she said shall we have a picnic and get there about 6.30. We did and it was lovely but start wasn't till 10.30. You could hear grumbles in the crowd of those who had done the same. But proper Scouse day out at a festival so no one minded too much. But after it finished people astonished at what they'd just seen. There were hundreds of those things that spew fire all coordinated to the music then the fireworks were phenomenal must have cost a fortune. I ve seen pyro all around the world  but that was by far the best display I've ever seen. Just on a different level. Pity it wasn't more widely advertised people were stunned at how good it was

Offline Medellin

• Self-confessed daft meff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Sound
« Reply #3 on: June 2, 2017, 09:42:04 am »
Aye something i was unaware about & would defo have gone too.
What sounds like a superb display not very well advertised & missed to the extremely hyped and in my opinon bang average display at the dock not too long ago..
A shame indeed.
Support the team,Trust & Believe.

Offline the 92A

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4 on: June 2, 2017, 10:10:23 am »
Aye something i was unaware about & would defo have gone too.
What sounds like a superb display not very well advertised & missed to the extremely hyped and in my opinon bang average display at the dock not too long ago..
A shame indeed.
Agree mate, after that absolute shite at the docks my hopes weren't high but they brought in a French company that knew what they were doing and did the olympic closing ceremony and not only was it by far the most spectacular display I've ever seen but it was also subtle and beautiful and worked so well with the music. Even the way they set it out it was using the whole length of the park so it was linear, therefore everyone could see and was sat on the grass just taking in the whole thing http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/whats-on/whats-on-news/stunning-beatles-light-show-transforms-13125208

Offline Medellin

• Legacy Fan
  • Sound
« Reply #5 on: June 2, 2017, 10:31:38 am »
Aye that display looks fantastic & as you said the linear aspect with no buildings etc restricting views (like what happened for thousands at the dock) would have been spectacular.
A link here for further info on the programme..

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/whats-on/whats-on-news/sgt-pepper-festival-full-programme-12775869

Not sure if there is a local 'upcoming whats on' thread here but it would be good to start one to give those a heads up about events that may not be well advertised.

Offline the 92A

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6 on: June 2, 2017, 10:51:24 am »
Aye that display looks fantastic & as you said the linear aspect with no buildings etc restricting views (like what happened for thousands at the dock) would have been spectacular.
A link here for further info on the programme..

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/whats-on/whats-on-news/sgt-pepper-festival-full-programme-12775869

Not sure if there is a local 'upcoming whats on' thread here but it would be good to start one to give those a heads up about events that may not be well advertised.
Great idea mate why don't you start one as it was your idea

Offline Medellin

• Legacy Fan
  • Sound
« Reply #7 on: June 2, 2017, 11:09:25 am »
Great idea mate why don't you start one as it was your idea

Done,cheers mate.

Offline sharkeyb

• Would pay to see a Mason's willy, but not more than £35.
  • Legacy Fan
  • He's on the floor
« Reply #8 on: June 2, 2017, 02:28:35 pm »
yeah last night was brilliant, best show i've seen in a long long time
Sir, the cash monies?

Offline WhoHe

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #9 on: June 2, 2017, 03:38:27 pm »
It really was superb, went with a gang of us and had a ball, in one part of the show the amount of fireworks was like a solid wall of fireworks it was stunning, as has been said it must have cost a fortune.

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #10 on: June 2, 2017, 05:59:58 pm »
Didn't know this was on... but could actually hear it from Sefton.  :o
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline Medellin

• Legacy Fan
  • Sound
« Reply #11 on: June 4, 2017, 09:10:41 pm »
Couple of vids from the night..green eyed missing that one.

<a href="https://youtube.com/v/AxscJmNsxwU" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://youtube.com/v/AxscJmNsxwU</a>

<a href="https://youtube.com/v/Ybny5XJLkic" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://youtube.com/v/Ybny5XJLkic</a>

Offline fiveways

• Kopite
« Reply #12 on: June 22, 2017, 07:23:04 pm »
took the family to sefton park mid 80s to watch the display from the other side of the lake - dunno if its still held there - but the crowd had to scarper as the wind was blowing the rockets and they were coming down in to the crowd !!! so we left early and went for a mexican in Lark Lane at the Que Pasa I think it was called - Carla Lane's son owned it I seem to remember at the time and I vaguely remember Danny Agger bought it from him at a later date?

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13 on: June 22, 2017, 09:56:22 pm »
took the family to sefton park mid 80s to watch the display from the other side of the lake - dunno if its still held there - but the crowd had to scarper as the wind was blowing the rockets and they were coming down in to the crowd !!! so we left early and went for a mexican in Lark Lane at the Que Pasa I think it was called - Carla Lane's son owned it I seem to remember at the time and I vaguely remember Danny Agger bought it from him at a later date?
Happened in the late 90's also, a couple of people ended up in the lake :)